AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2012-01-01, 20:49   Link #3921
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

fantasy football overload
Old 2012-01-01, 20:52   Link #3922
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Um, I was being tongue and cheek obviously...But still hell of a system...Hopefully our system can get 500yds passing on Detroit too...
Old 2012-01-01, 20:56   Link #3923
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Oh, well you're so flamboyant in all of your posts, it's hard to tell when you're being sarcastic or serious when combined with your homerism.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 22:13   Link #3924
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They will. I'm sure either Cleveland, Seattle, or Washington will want him. Whichever doesn't get RGIII, so likely Washington.
I just discovered that Matt Flynn is actually a free agent after this season, so he'll be able to choose where he goes assuming Green Bay doesn't franchise him in hopes of getting something for him.
Old 2012-01-01, 22:18   Link #3925
GDB

I didn't follow the CBA, but can they Tender him? Or is that only if they have a year left on their contract?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-01, 22:34   Link #3926
Alchemist007
*Author

The Ravens and their difficult games.
Old 2012-01-01, 23:29   Link #3927
hinakatbklyn

Giants don't like big leads. A 3-touchdown lead becomes 1, and Dallas was ready to stop the Giants again. Instead, Eli escapes twice and finds Cruz leading to extra points.

Only now can I say the Giants win the division. Now can they win a "home" playoff game?
Old 2012-01-01, 23:34   Link #3928
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
The Ravens and their difficult games.
They sure made it interesting. So happy they got the W though.
Old 2012-01-01, 23:49   Link #3929
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

So, next weekend:

AFC:
(6)Cincinnati at (3)Houston
(5)Pittsburgh at (4)Denver

NFC:
(6)Detroit at (3)New Orleans
(5)Atlanta at (4)New York

For the AFC Bye teams:
New England faces the lowest advancing seed, so they can play anybody but Houston in two weeks (Ironically, I think they would rather play Houston than Pittsburgh).
Baltimore faces the highest advancing seed, so they can play anybody but Cincy in two weeks.

For the NFC bye teams:
Green Bay faces the lowest advancing seed, so they can play anybody but New Orleans in two weeks.
San Francisco faces the highest advancing seed, so can play anybody but Detroit in two weeks.

Last edited by Dilla; 2012-01-02 at 00:00.
Old 2012-01-01, 23:51   Link #3930
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
They will. I'm sure either Cleveland, Seattle, or Washington will want him. Whichever doesn't get RGIII, so likely Washington.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
I just discovered that Matt Flynn is actually a free agent after this season, so he'll be able to choose where he goes assuming Green Bay doesn't franchise him in hopes of getting something for him.
Get him to Seattle!!!! SEATTLE!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
They sure made it interesting. So happy they got the W though.
Hell yeah. Freaking Ray Rice - that guy has been blasting teams apart lately.

Nice job by the Giants in taking the #4 seed. They can be a real hair-puller at times, but Manning and Cruz were just electric tonight. And their offensive line has improved big time. You'd figure they will be able to account for Atlanta.

Interesting bit of fate for the Giants in the last few weeks.

Last week - They beat Rex Ryan.
Tonight - They beat Rob Ryan.
Next week - They can beat Matt Ryan. Not related to those two by blood, but it would still be hilarious.
Old 2012-01-02, 00:16   Link #3931
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The lower seeded teams in the AFC will likely be the favorites against the home teams.

Funny.

Quote:
I didn't follow the CBA, but can they Tender him? Or is that only if they have a year left on their contract?
They can franchise and tender him so that anyone that signs him has to give Green Bay stipulated draft picks, but it depends on who else has an expiring contract and can't re-sign in time like Jermichael Finley, who is also a free agent. Teams can only do it once a year, I believe and Finley will be bigger priority. Either way, I doubt Flynn is on the team next year. Green Bay will probably just draft a replacement back-up late ( someone like Kellen Moore or Case Keenum off the top of my head) and coach him up with a clipboard.

I say if Matt Flynn moves by trade, it'll be Washington due to their general habits. If Matt Flynn becomes a free agent, I imagine that he'll go somewhere on the cusp of the playoffs like Seattle.

Personally, I'm hoping Seattle.
Old 2012-01-02, 00:18   Link #3932
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Being a Dallas fan must be like endless hemorrhoid surgery...Glad I hopped of that toilet 2 years ago...It won't happen, but Tony Romo needs a fresh start somewhere else...
Old 2012-01-02, 00:18   Link #3933
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Washington are years away from being contenders - they're in a long rebuilding phase that Shananhan has freely admitted. Carroll has Seattle with some decent defense, great RB, some improving WRs but no decent QB. Flynn would be a great fit for them. If he went to Washington he'd have to suck it up for years before Washington improved enough. And as for Cleveland...they are a real project and I wouldn't want in on there. Seattle seems the best option if he can choose.
Old 2012-01-02, 00:26   Link #3934
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Better hope those Bay Area wildfire winds spark up around game time, cause yall don't want none of this...I can see it now, 1 passing TD or 1 rushing TD, and 2-3 Aker FGs...Hope you ain't puttin' a gold nugget on it...
Add in at least 1 Interception returned for a TD and 1-2 more field goals to your numbers for a more realistic version of what The Niners can do in a game. And besides, you ain't seen how The Niners D just puts people to sleep.

Quote:
The lower seeded teams in the AFC will likely be the favorites against the home teams.

Funny.

They can franchise and tender him so that anyone that signs him has to give Green Bay stipulated draft picks, but it depends on who else has an expiring contract and can't re-sign in time like Jermichael Finley, who is also a free agent. Teams can only do it once a year, I believe and Finley will be bigger priority. Either way, I doubt Flynn is on the team next year. Green Bay will probably just draft a replacement back-up late ( someone like Kellen Moore or Case Keenum off the top of my head) and coach him up with a clipboard.

I say if Matt Flynn moves by trade, it'll be Washington due to their general habits. If Matt Flynn becomes a free agent, I imagine that he'll go somewhere on the cusp of the playoffs like Seattle.

Personally, I'm hoping Seattle.
You know, I've said this earlier, but I just have this strange feeling that Peyton Manning is headed for Seattle during the offseason.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-02, 00:27   Link #3935
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Washington are years away from being contenders - they're in a long rebuilding phase that Shananhan has freely admitted. Carroll has Seattle with some decent defense, great RB, some improving WRs but no decent QB. Flynn would be a great fit for them. If he went to Washington he'd have to suck it up for years before Washington improved enough. And as for Cleveland...they are a real project and I wouldn't want in on there. Seattle seems the best option if he can choose.
^That's the thing, though. It may not be his choice; it depends on the Green Bay front office.

Matt Flynn is not a star yet. Hell, he doesn't even start. If Green Bay tenders him and put him on the block, he doesn't have the credibility to demand a trading destination. Washington has been known to fling draft picks and money around like Goldman Sachs, so Washington would be a likely destination.

Green Bay could be Good Guy Greg like the Eagles were with McNabb, though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
You know, I've said this earlier, but I just have this strange feeling that Peyton Manning is headed for Seattle during the offseason.
Possibly. Seattle is a place that would suit Peyton's personality.
Old 2012-01-02, 00:40   Link #3936
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW
Add in at least 1 Interception returned for a TD and 1-2 more field goals to your numbers for a more realistic version of what The Niners can do in a game. And besides, you ain't seen how The Niners D just puts people to sleep
Heh, Saints offense will wake you up...You better hope for bad weather (swirling winds or some $hit), that's the only thing stopping us, although we have the running game to take that head on...It is what it is... Better use these two-weeks to get some redzone practice in ya life, because if you think 20 points beatin' us, if you think "keep-away" (what every team WANTS to do to us) is the strategy of a lifetime, you're gonna get your feelings hurt...
Old 2012-01-02, 00:41   Link #3937
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

Goodell's best decision he ever made was making week 17 matchups meaningful.
Old 2012-01-02, 01:58   Link #3938
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
^That's the thing, though. It may not be his choice; it depends on the Green Bay front office.

Matt Flynn is not a star yet. Hell, he doesn't even start. If Green Bay tenders him and put him on the block, he doesn't have the credibility to demand a trading destination. Washington has been known to fling draft picks and money around like Goldman Sachs, so Washington would be a likely destination.
He's better than Tavaris Jackson - put it that way.

Quote:
Possibly. Seattle is a place that would suit Peyton's personality.
I guess it's pretty much decided Manning and Luck can't co-exist?
Old 2012-01-02, 02:08   Link #3939
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sp...134829148.html

^They could probably co-exist fine, for a year or two at least. It's more of a 'letting go of the past' and blowing the whole team up for a much needed youth movement thing. Reggie Wayne may not be back either and the Colts are probably going to go through a large overhaul in terms of age. The Colts may decide to let Peyton go, absorb the cap hit, and give the keys to Luck from day 1.

Personally, I would see if I can keep Peyton around and let Luck sit and learn from the one of the best in the business. Then, if Peyton wants to go next year, let him go.

When Peyton retires, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the sidelines as a coach in a couples of years.
Old 2012-01-02, 03:22   Link #3940
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
http://www.nbcwashington.com/news/sp...134829148.html

^They could probably co-exist fine, for a year or two at least. It's more of a 'letting go of the past' and blowing the whole team up for a much needed youth movement thing. Reggie Wayne may not be back either and the Colts are probably going to go through a large overhaul in terms of age. The Colts may decide to let Peyton go, absorb the cap hit, and give the keys to Luck from day 1.

Personally, I would see if I can keep Peyton around and let Luck sit and learn from the one of the best in the business. Then, if Peyton wants to go next year, let him go.

When Peyton retires, I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the sidelines as a coach in a couples of years.
Manning is 35 years old? He has a couple of years left in the tank. Though odds are, Brady has a lot more than that. You can easily draft Luck and have him sit a few years behind Manning and turn into the next coming of Aaron Godgers. Seriously. Look what happened with Matt Ryan. One of the top draft picks a couple of years ago after Vick got thrown in the slammer, and while he's a decent QB atm, he's not exactly spectacular.

All this talk of rookie QBs suddenly ready to play is as wrong as it is right. Jawalrus Russel is now the butt of jokes. Tim Tebow is a glorified running back that's about to have the book clamped down on him in the playoffs he got carried into and we can shut up about Tebow-mania. Cam Newton is a stellar individual player no doubt, but guess what? The Panthers still suck.

As for the outcome of today's games...

Fuck the Jets.

They couldn't have beaten the vagiants a week ago huh...hilarious, because that was the only thing that didn't happen that the Eagles needed to happen to win the NFC East. Ugh.

Flynn going to Seattle...is a scary prospect. They're one QB short of a super-solid team if not Packers/Pats/Saints tier.

Anyway, time for a snorefest of a wildcard round.

Tags
american football, sports