AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 10 13.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 26.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 23 30.26%
7 out of 10 : Good 16 21.05%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 5.26%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.63%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.32%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-30, 14:09   Link #81
UPR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
witnessing nanka's and sana's wedding ^^
That be so cool if it happend. Not very often you get to see a ending like that.

I'd be happy with a kiss between them.
Old 2007-11-30, 17:51   Link #82
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
That be so cool if it happend. Not very often you get to see a ending like that.

I'd be happy with a kiss between them.
Yes unfortunately that hardly ever happens.. I can only remember one occassion where the anime ended in a wedding.

Spoiler for The anime that had a wedding ending:

I'd be happy if Nanaka and Sana ends up together, perhaps a kiss as well.
Old 2007-11-30, 21:18   Link #83
DanielSong39

I'd be happy if Sana dumps Nanaka; he deserves better.

Sweet and nice girls like Asami or Aoi tend to be better at healing emotional wounds...

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-12-02 at 05:53. Reason: unrelated spoiler removed
Old 2007-11-30, 21:21   Link #84
Midonin
Last Engage

Asami may not be all "sweet" and "nice".
Aoi definitely is.
Old 2007-11-30, 21:30   Link #85
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
What's so wrong about Nanaka? Since this episode, I'm going to go left field and say Asami might have a thing for Shuri.. why else was there so much emphasis on her shock at Shuri crying?
Old 2007-12-01, 00:37   Link #86
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Aoi definitely is.
Aoi's would be a good girlfriend, if:

1. You can stand listening to her voice all the time
2. You are prepared for the day she trips and dies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
Since this episode, I'm going to go left field and say Asami might have a thing for Shuri.. why else was there so much emphasis on her shock at Shuri crying?
My mental recycle bin is ready, in case this happens.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-01, 03:04   Link #87
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
What's so wrong about Nanaka? Since this episode, I'm going to go left field and say Asami might have a thing for Shuri.. why else was there so much emphasis on her shock at Shuri crying?
That's exactly what I was speculating in the post I wrote about this ep a few pages back. If that is in fact the case then this show will have everything, romance, angst, crazy grandma and YURI!

Last edited by holyman282; 2007-12-01 at 05:29.
Old 2007-12-01, 05:08   Link #88
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
That's exactly what I was speculating in the post I wrote about this ep a few pages back. If that is in fact the case then this show will have everything, romance, angst, crazy grandma and YURI!
I don't that there is Yuri in this series. Asami probably has a very good reason to act like that.
Old 2007-12-01, 07:31   Link #89
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ hes joking :3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielSong39 View Post
I'd be happy if Sana dumps Nanaka; he deserves better.

Sweet and nice girls like Asami or Aoi tend to be better at healing emotional wounds...

~spoiler burnt~
such a spoiler needs to be burned - plz

aoi is too naive to heal any wounds and asami is just...unknown atm...

nanaka and sana is the perfect match for each other sharing a common experience...guess what

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-01, 13:03   Link #90
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodyknight View Post
I think Sana's part will be coming up soon and i have a feeling that what happened to him is worse than all the pain and suffering of all the other characters has been suffering in the past... Everything bad that can happen to him happened, you dig...
Nanaka had to deal with her parents dying and the fire. She also had to deal with Sana's departure.

Shuri and Shuu had to deal with their mother dying and a new woman immediately taking her place.

Hinako had to and still has to deal with being a child

Aoi had to and still has to deal with being clumsy and so adorable.

And yet I feel you're right. Sana's past must have been really messed up because they're saving his past for the end of the series.
Old 2007-12-01, 19:57   Link #91
dojikyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I like this show, I really do. Unfortunately it just doesn't find any focus. M;Y keeps wandering all over the place without ever having a center. First we have romantic turmoil, then it becomes a creepy suspense story with Grandma Kaiji. Out of the blue we've got a cutesy love story with Hinako. Then we're back to creepy Grandma Kaiji stuff with a chaser of emotional breakdown. Next thing you know it is back into the "softening up a tsudere" story mixed up with emotional trauma dredged from the past mingled with some of Hinako's silliness.

Without a consistent emotional tone or central character this show just keeps unsettling my attempts to bond with it. I like it, I really do, but I can't help feeling it could be a hell of a lot better if only they'd choose a storyline already.

Agreed. I like the series but it jumps around quite a bit even by anime standards.
Old 2007-12-02, 16:25   Link #92
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
I think it's understandable given the anime just can't escape from the fact that its a bit of a teaser for the actual game. I'm guessing they give a broad overview of the M;Y universe, but enough to satisfy viewers and turn them into potential gamers!
Old 2007-12-03, 14:58   Link #93
plzd0ntkeelme
self-proclaimed otaku

A good anime for me is one that has multiple plots. If it's all about romance, it will get dull quite easily. That's why i think it's great that this series has all these sub-plots here and there that basically fill up the time slot with interesting events and character developments. To each his own, i guess.
Old 2007-12-03, 15:57   Link #94
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It is certainly good for a show to be multi-faceted, but it still needs a central focus. This one hops around a lot, seeming to give equal weight to everything, instead of having a main plot with sub-plots.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-03, 23:24   Link #95
Ishe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
Nanaka had to deal with her parents dying and the fire. She also had to deal with Sana's departure.

Shuri and Shuu had to deal with their mother dying and a new woman immediately taking her place.

Hinako had to and still has to deal with being a child

Aoi had to and still has to deal with being clumsy and so adorable.

And yet I feel you're right. Sana's past must have been really messed up because they're saving his past for the end of the series.
Hinako's situation seems to be a little worse than that. It seems that her mother (probably a single parent) is never around either. Hence the reason she thinks she needs to grow up so fast.

I don't know how in the world Sana's past could be worse than the others, but I am hoping it is. Because it would be great to see Nanaka feeling like a real heel for having become such a b**** after her issues, while Sana's personality remains unchanged. Although, somehow I doubt that his past was worse. I have a feeling that his past was something like he had trouble adjusting and making friends so he became sad and tried to kill himself. That would make his "bad past" into him just being a selfish weak-willed person.
Old 2007-12-04, 01:15   Link #96
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

I hope Asami knifes Sana, then Nanaka knifes Asami... Head cleavage takes place...

..... Waiting for reaction...

Ok, but really Sana's past is going to be the worst of all the people. I don't hate Nanaka, but I hope Sana makes her feel like a complete douche for acting so bi polar around him all this time.
Old 2007-12-04, 15:35   Link #97
decca

I feel so anxious just waiting for the next episode... I hope they release some more stuff about Sana. But I think that Hoshino is just going to come in and screw up everything or something...
Old 2007-12-04, 15:54   Link #98
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by decca View Post
I feel so anxious just waiting for the next episode... I hope they release some more stuff about Sana. But I think that Hoshino is just going to come in and screw up everything or something...
At least in such a scenario they would be using her character for something constructive (or is it destructive?) instead of making her an oh-so-obvious plot device for the plot-hungry juggernaut that has become Nanaka and Sana's relationship.

That said, Nanaka is still my favorite character and I will be rooting for her happy ending with Sana. A wedding does sound quite nice.
Old 2007-12-05, 03:56   Link #99
decca

chances of wedding are slim though....probably jsut a hold-hands and kiss ending...
Old 2007-12-05, 05:30   Link #100
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

There were good and bad things in this episode, but more bad than good, IMO. NSW nicely points out what's wrong with the overall series to date: lack of focus. But even ignoring that, there were a lot of things that really frustrated me about this ep.

First, I hate what they've done by casting suspicious on Nanaka's uncle. Ok, I don't mind subtle hints that he may have done it. But, what they've done in this episode is put a big giant neon sign over his head saying "YOU SHOULD SUSPECT NANAKA'S UNCLE, OMG". Now three things can happen out of this, and the most likely two are bad. The first is that Nanaka's uncle really did do it, for reasons that are too important for the plot to bother explaining right now . Who would be surprised? No one, since the story made it way too obvious, even despite the fact that he has no motive! The second is that someone else did it, in which case the plot twist will feel exceptionally forced, since the writers have made it so obvious that they want us to suspect Nanaka's uncle. The third option is the one DanielSong39 suggested, which, with the exception of a really well written curveball, is about the only one I think I can swallow. But that doesn't mean they can get away with not justifying it, by putting clear motives to all characters involved.

Most of the second half of the episode was a total waste of time. I was beginning to come to tolerate Aoi's voice... but her over-exciting squealing in this ep put a quick stop to that. Animenger went on waaay too long, and was a mostly pointless waste of time, with the arguable exception of showing Nanaka lightening up a bit, but I wouldn't say the tiny payoff justified the rest of the crap. The horror house scene made Nanaka seem weak. She's gone too far to the other extreme on the tsundere spectrum. At first, she was slapping doormats without a second thought. Now she's running to their embrace the second something goes slightly wrong. Why can't she get the balance right... ahem... excuse me, why can't the writers get the balance right. I didn't think much of the scene they shared on the ferris wheel either. Am I the only one that thinks that they have no chemistry between them? I mean, it really feels like Nanaka's only attracted to Sana because he's the male lead. What else do they really share, other than the childhood friendship cliche and his ability to bear her.

One of the few good things in this ep was the scene between Shuuri and Shuusuke. That was good. They dealt with a tough issue, didn't trivialize it, and we saw genuine emotion. I also like the Hoshino saw it. I'm not going to join in the mad conspiracy speculations about Hoshino... I think her reaction means nothing past empathy for another human. But what I'd like to see is Hoshino go to Shuuri's support now that she knows that Shuuri isn't totally right. It'd be a good reason to make something of Hoshino's character, since at this stage, there isn't much at all to her character, past being a wedge between Nanaka and Sana (which has largely served its purpose anyway, since, at this stage, nothing is going to come between Nanaka and Sana).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Spoiler:
Spoiler for speculation:
Closed Thread