Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-28, 03:21   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

One Piece - Chapter 501 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2008-05-28, 04:00   Link #2
Fyria

Spoiler for Chapter 501 rough Spoilers:

Last edited by Fyria; 2008-05-28 at 04:11.
Old 2008-05-28, 04:17   Link #3
Fyria

Hmm chapeter seems to have an apocalyptic feeling of upcoming 'world war'
All supernovas seem to be shocked to the core at news of Ace's executions. Only rough translations are out and some pictures but it I expect this to be good chapter and reveal alot of what happening to Ace and we will see how Luffy react to latest news.

Looks like things are speeding up again.
Old 2008-05-28, 07:38   Link #4
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
Hmm chapeter seems to have an apocalyptic feeling of upcoming 'world war'
All supernovas seem to be shocked to the core at news of Ace's executions. Only rough translations are out and some pictures but it I expect this to be good chapter and reveal alot of what happening to Ace and we will see how Luffy react to latest news.

Looks like things are speeding up again.
News about Ace comes at the end of the chapter. We'll find out more in the next one.
There is no way Luffy will not learn of this now. Its big news everywhere. I hope Ace doesn't get executed but goodness me, the last 2 chapters have really stepped it up a notch.
Old 2008-05-28, 08:08   Link #5
Fyria

general chapter translation is out:

Spoiler for Chapter 501 general translation:
Old 2008-05-28, 08:23   Link #6
shankss
CP10

I wouldnt mind ace's execution after this point..Also I wonder if Kid really hits sanji...Or its just an angry nami hitting him If its Captain Kid standing at a distance, that shows he is quite fast
Old 2008-05-28, 09:40   Link #7
kadenza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyria View Post
general chapter translation is out:

Spoiler for Chapter 501 general translation:
just wondering whos the other Legend garp speeks of?
Old 2008-05-28, 09:48   Link #8
marvelB

Yup, looks like things are REALLY starting to heat up now. The "great incident" that was mentioned in the Ace/Blackbeard battle is finally coming to pass. Ace's execution is going to unquestionably bring forth Whitebeard's wrath across the Grand Line. Looks like the Straw-Hats are gonna have an even rougher time in the New World when they reach there than I thought...

At least now we know why Rayleigh is getting auctioned off (gambling debts? Yeesh! ). And while Nami may stop Franky from wrecking the auction house now, it's inevitable that the place will get smashed to smithereens when Luffy and Zoro get there. It's definitey most interesting that Kidd wants to meet Luffy now, as well....

And I just realized something: Impel Down is an underwater prison, right? I think that chances are good that it's located at Merman Island....
Old 2008-05-28, 09:56   Link #9
The Imadori
Master of the sonic roll

Isn't Impel down behind Enis Lobby? Wasn't that waht the gat of justice was for?

Anyway, just when you think there can fit anymore gunpowder in the barrel. This is really going to get quite nasty I love you Oda
Old 2008-05-28, 10:02   Link #10
marvelB

Marine HQ was beyond the GoJ also, yet the crew is near there right now on the Sabaody Islands. My guess is that the Gate of Justice is just a kind of shortcut to those two places...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadenza View Post
I'm pretty sure that he's talking about Shanks and/or Whitebeard (though Whitebeard's obviously the bigger problem).

Also, it turns out that Rayleigh's pirate alias is "冥王" which means something like "Underworld King". Pretty badass title if you ask me.
Old 2008-05-28, 11:15   Link #11
PerkoEyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadenza View Post
The two legends, that Garp is talking about is..
Rayleigh and Whitebeard.. Because theiy're going to face Whitbeard because of Ace's execution. and Rayleigh is legendary because of him being the right hand of Gol D. Roger. and i think that rayleigh does know somthing about: The Will of "D".
him, Garp and Dragon of course.
but another thing.. When Luffy hears about Ace's execution, he will chase the WG right to Impel down until he finds him .. along with Whitebeard and his crew. and then luffy will get the title of being the Fifth Emperor of the pirates. (along with Shanks,Whitebeard and the two other guys.) the YONKOUS.
Old 2008-05-28, 11:47   Link #12
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
but another thing.. When Luffy hears about Ace's execution, he will chase the WG right to Impel down until he finds him .. along with Whitebeard and his crew. and then luffy will get the title of being the Fifth Emperor of the pirates. (along with Shanks,Whitebeard and the two other guys.) the YONKOUS.
WG has its defences already for a legend and probly waiting for Whitebeard to enter the trap..Luffy is just a supernova rookie at the moment and he will probly get pwnd by a thousand admiral/commoder/captain/Pacisifista there...I guess only thing Luffy can do at the moment is to find Shanks and ask him to aid WB on attack
Old 2008-05-28, 12:19   Link #13
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol I knew there was some stupid reason behind Silvers being there

with sooo many big hitters in the one place, World War is bound to happen

ah man this great, see this is the reason OP rules over Naruto and Bleach, they can't do big like this!
Old 2008-05-28, 12:45   Link #14
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Executing Ace. Wow. That is a Pirate King treatment. It seems WG is really stupid to start a war against Whitebeard and Shanks. And that is the two of them. Who knows whether the others will stay quiet, and that others include Shichibukais (I would love to see Mihawk joining the action).
Old 2008-05-28, 12:47   Link #15
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerkoEyo View Post
Not the Yonkou...the Gokou . Can we say "Most Overt DBZ refference in a shounen manga, ever."

Last edited by james0246; 2008-05-28 at 13:19.
Old 2008-05-28, 13:07   Link #16
marvelB

Luffy, an Emporer? Nah. He's reaching for greater heights than that! So for now, we'll just have to settle for him being a supernova.

Speaking of the supernovas, judging by how shocked most of them were about the news of Ace's execution, most of them may high-tail it out of Sabaody sooner than expected. I kinda doubt that the news will affect guys like Kidd or Law, though (especially Kidd, considering his opinion of the World Nobles in chap. 500).

Oh, and I have a feeling that the Rayleigh situation will be resolved long before Garp gets the chance to do something about it...
Old 2008-05-28, 13:14   Link #17
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Oh, and I have a feeling that the Rayleigh situation will be resolved long before Garp gets the chance to do something about it...
Rayleigh may join Strawhats for a short period, if Luffy decide to go Ace's help. It would be interesting to see Garp's reaction too, regarding his grandson. What kind of role will he play?
Old 2008-05-28, 13:24   Link #18
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Rayleigh just better coat the SH's ship so we can get the hell up outta here.
Old 2008-05-28, 14:02   Link #19
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

it would be great to see world war happen, but i doubt it. certenly whitebeard will have a say in the matter as well as other pirate crews coming into it, like shanks. but, i doubt that luffy will be among them, he is still not at that level. i think that he might find out about it much later after things have been solved or are coming to an end.

can't wait to see Garp's role in this as well as Dragon. Grandfather, Father and son might be at the same point in one time.
Old 2008-05-28, 14:12   Link #20
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

I think you are expecting too much out of Luffy's inclusion to a war scenario. While Whitebeard and others are busying WG, Luffy might use the lack of attention the WG might show regarding the Strawhats to their advantage and save Ace in the commotion. It would achieve the goal of saving Ace while not putting so much attention on the Strawhats.
Closed Thread