AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2013-03-22, 22:48   Link #5721
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
A good start to that showdown. Definitely kept switching in terms of who had the momentum for the whole thing. Fun watching Levy be so vocal with her support and even choking out Lily .

It is kind of hard to believe Sting and Rouge killed dragons. I mean even if they were asleep is that even possible? No offense to Sting and Lector but no duh no one believes it. The only way they could kill dragons were if they were super weak and unconscious.

And there goes Natsu trying to steal the glory. I think there is enough of them for Gajeel to have fun beating those guys up too. Not surprising that Natsu was fine though. He still hasn't pulled out the Lightning/Fire mode yet. Time to beat those guys down and set the record straight.
Old 2013-03-22, 22:55   Link #5722
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
A good start to that showdown. Definitely kept switching in terms of who had the momentum for the whole thing. Fun watching Levy be so vocal with her support and even choking out Lily .

It is kind of hard to believe Sting and Rouge killed dragons. I mean even if they were asleep is that even possible? No offense to Sting and Lector but no duh no one believes it. The only way they could kill dragons were if they were super weak and unconscious.

And there goes Natsu trying to steal the glory. I think there is enough of them for Gajeel to have fun beating those guys up too. Not surprising that Natsu was fine though. He still hasn't pulled out the Lightning/Fire mode yet. Time to beat those guys down and set the record straight.
Seeing how Natsu survived Sting's Ultimate Slayer Art and those two's Reshiram and Zekrom Force, I don't think Lightning Flame mode will be necessary to beat them.
Old 2013-03-22, 23:24   Link #5723
Jellal
Anime Critic

Is it just me, or was the animation in this fight done more poorly than normal?
Jellal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 23:34   Link #5724
Kaijo
Banned

Location: Somewhere over the rainbow, in a house dropped on an ugly, old woman.
Send a message via AIM to Kaijo Send a message via MSN to Kaijo
Honestly, probably just you. That was actually one of the better animated fights lately. Plenty of quick movement and action.
Kaijo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-22, 23:37   Link #5725
ImperialFlameGod8190

Agreed MAX two gifs we absolutely need. 1. Natsu pushing Gajeel then giving the troll face and 2. Natsu doing the COME on with his flame fingers somebody must make these.
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 00:13   Link #5726
Sefveron

I rate this episode zero, absolute zero... i got impatient and read the manga and the fight in the manga had zero padding!, i got angry every time it showed the damn audience saying something that wasn't in the manga!, if you go back and count the time it showed the fight and the time it showed the audience saying something absolutely useless and redundant... there was more audience time that any fighting.

What the hell are they going to show next episode? there's only one more sequence of animation left, im sorry to all who liked this episode but the anime has completely ruined this fight for me,

once next episode airs im tempted to edit out all the shitty audience time to show a true representation of how epic this fight should have been!
Sefveron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 00:38   Link #5727
HiddenMessage
Tofu Driver

What an amazing episode.

Spoiler for Like a Boss~:

Last edited by HiddenMessage; 2013-03-23 at 01:06.
HiddenMessage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 01:01   Link #5728
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefveron View Post
I rate this episode zero, absolute zero... i got impatient and read the manga and the fight in the manga had zero padding!, i got angry every time it showed the damn audience saying something that wasn't in the manga!, if you go back and count the time it showed the fight and the time it showed the audience saying something absolutely useless and redundant... there was more audience time that any fighting.
I wouldn't go so far as to rate it as zero, but yeah, way too much cutting to the crowd for random commentary for padding.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 02:06   Link #5729
mtgowns

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
I wouldn't go so far as to rate it as zero, but yeah, way too much cutting to the crowd for random commentary for padding.
Which is why I'm glad FT is taking a break. It's been DBZ-like episode stuffing since the Tenrou Arc. Better to have half the episode with twice the content than have as many now but with all kinds of fillers.

Nothing makes me cringe more than the "give everyone a line" that has been so prevalent in this arc. Wow, not only I don't give a shit about whatever dumbass comment Jet and Troy have, it's super awkward when each of them is essentially frozen still until the other has finished talking. Not only it's terrible script writing but it's also bad animation.
mtgowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 03:06   Link #5730
MAX_COLA_POWER!

If I was Yajima, if Baldy announcer asked me, YAJIMA-SAN, WHAT DO YOU MAKE OF THIS!? I would've said: "For starters, I think you should shut up and let me enjoy this fight Baldy McLolicon, QUIT INTERRUPTING!, second, what do you think I make of this? My team's cleaning up some cocky brats' clocks!"
Old 2013-03-23, 03:10   Link #5731
UnklPetri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellal View Post
Is it just me, or was the animation in this fight done more poorly than normal?
it's like what naruto sometime does, when there's a lot of action(fighting) the animation gets simpler/generalized
UnklPetri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 03:27   Link #5732
Chase

Fight didn't disappoint. One of the best animated fight scenes this anime has seen. Just one more episode left. Sad to see this anime go.....for now. I don't have anything to fill the void of this anime really for me. That makes me sad.
Battlefield 4
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 08:42   Link #5733
ellessarr
Banned

Quote:

What the hell are they going to show next episode? there's only one more sequence of animation left, im sorry to all who liked this episode but the anime has completely ruined this fight for me,

once next episode airs im tempted to edit out all the shitty audience time to show a true representation of how epic this fight should have been!
i dont see fillers scenes as bad since their not cut manga scenes to add anime scenes or if cut at last make in a good way, in this chapter i see all the scenes on manga and some more, then for me was a very good and one of the best animations since this arc started the "extra fight scenes where very well done with many moves, just because their added peoples random talking, then all the animes does this, they can't make a full fight episode because this is a pain for animation staff, their need add some random talks, some skys, flashbacks and things to help most of the animes does the same.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 09:38   Link #5734
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
So you're saying that the audience reaction is padding? That things like Levy squeezing Pantherlily didn't do anything for you? You realize that they are fighting in a tournament, and thus there are announcers and other people around, and thus their reaction needs to be shown. It's storytelling 101: don't forget who else is in your scene; even if they don't have something to contribute, showing their reaction every now and again is crucial.

Plus, practically *every* action scene gets broken up by random pauses and thoughts and such(animated and live action). For anime in particular, it is *very* expensive to animate continuous action for long periods of time, and thus cutting to stills or down time is par-for-the-course, and a deliberate decision. It is actually easier on the audience, because keeping them tense for too long with action can actually be detrimental; it leaves them feeling tired and in some cases, sore. You need to break up the action, then, to let them audience relax.

So you might want to check your expectations, with how reality tends to go where these things are concerned.

Quote:
One fight is all it takes to ruin an entire nearly 200 episode anime for you? But the answer your question, there is still plenty of story left. Even if only half the next episode finishes the fight, there is still quite a few after-fight things they can do. Remember, FT isn't ending, just taking a break.
Old 2013-03-23, 13:19   Link #5735
Arjento

Awesome match so far!

So the next episode is the last one before FT goes on a "break"?

Hope we don't get a "Too Be Continued" cliffhanger and we acutally finish this fight next episode.

I'm so glad I dont read the manga.

The suspense is killing me!
Arjento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 14:06   Link #5736
ookamigirl

Fairy vs Tiger with 4 dragon slayers = epic!!
At least the finally have a chance to avenge Lucy.
Seeing all those different dragon slayer powers was awesome.
The biggest loser of the games so far is Lucy.
She really didn't show much of anything..
Looks like the final episode next time will be a blast!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 15:06   Link #5737
ImperialFlameGod8190

hey hidden can u make that picture size and send it to me
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 16:36   Link #5738
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
One fight is all it takes to ruin an entire nearly 200 episode anime for you? But the answer your question, there is still plenty of story left. Even if only half the next episode finishes the fight, there is still quite a few after-fight things they can do. Remember, FT isn't ending, just taking a break.
Is that confirmed though? I think I missed when that was announced.
Old 2013-03-23, 16:58   Link #5739
Kaijo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Is that confirmed though? I think I missed when that was announced.
Well, if you pick up the hidden message in Mashima's tweet, it says: "It will continue, I assure you" (or "I inform you"). Given that it's also ending in the middle of an arc, that implies it is just taking a break, too. If they really wanted to end it totally, they would have done so before the clock arc, or even after it. They wouldn't have started the new one.

So, granted, not totally confirmed, but I'd wager that it is a strong possibility.
Old 2013-03-23, 23:30   Link #5740
ellessarr
Banned

one of the mashima posts on tiwtter was:
Anime is not the end. Don't stop believing. i think due to his poor english or just a way to tease he wanted to say who not gonna end yet just wait.

edit: hi guys i have a question in the new episode i get a strange vib, well in the 12:30 to 12:50 in the legend say who lucy say who natsu and gajeel are fine, but when i hear her voice talking i dont hear her say "gajeel"(only in this time), the others time i hear her say gajeel name but that time i hear her only saying natsu name this is right? or i'm crazy?? i hear her saying: natsu tati wa kitto daijobuda(something like that but i dont hear her say gajeel name).

Last edited by ellessarr; 2013-03-24 at 02:51.
ellessarr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen