AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-12-16, 11:39   Link #7941
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
The way I see it we don't have much to lose by taking a chance on Manziel, especially if we trade back. He's either going to be great or a bust, there's no in between with him. If he's a bust, then we'll be picking in the top 10 or w/e in next year's draft that should be a lot deeper.
This kind of thinking is disgusting. Players need more than one year before getting labeled busts. If this was how it always was, Peyton Manning would've been labeled a bust and discarded.

Plus, investing year after year in QBs and nothing else is how the Browns got where they are.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 11:53   Link #7942
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I think Carr will go before we pick. Same with Bridgewater. The way I see it we don't have much to lose by taking a chance on Manziel, especially if we trade back. He's either going to be great or a bust, there's no in between with him. If he's a bust, then we'll be picking in the top 10 or w/e in next year's draft that should be a lot deeper. If he's great then we have our QB. And with the way rookie contracts are set up now there's no big financial investment you're making on them, so there won't be much dead money if he busts and we get another QB.
The only reason why I don't think Manziel is the guy is because of our offense. We do not have that kind of dual threat offensive scheme for him, but we can develop one for him like what the Seahawks did for Russell. However, that is only if Caldwell likes him, in the past, he drafted Peyton and Matt Ryan, two top 10 quarterbacks in the league today but more importantly they are dominantly skilled pocket passer. That is another reason why I think Caldwell is not going to select him.

I like Manziel, I would be happy him if he is shown to be the guy at the right price because despite all the troubles, he is a proven leader and play maker. Also he is the only person that can be remotely be compared to Russel Wilson. Manziel is 2 inches taller and 4 pounds larger than Russell Wilson so that is his advantage.

However, we must develop a foundation on all fronts if we draft him. We cannot leave him out to dry like Gene Smith did with Gabbert.

Last edited by ReaperxKingx; 2013-12-16 at 12:04.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 12:27   Link #7943
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
This kind of thinking is disgusting. Players need more than one year before getting labeled busts. If this was how it always was, Peyton Manning would've been labeled a bust and discarded.

Plus, investing year after year in QBs and nothing else is how the Browns got where they are.
There's a pretty clear distinction between throwing a lot of picks and being horrendous. Peyton was good QB, he just threw a lot of picks. Manziel has potential to be huge bust material that's not worth giving more than a year if you have the chance to draft guys like Winston, Mariota, Bortles, Petty, Hundley, etc, who clearly have all the tools and should be refined enough for the NFL coming out. I'm not giving up on the chance to draft one of them to make a QB feel good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
The only reason why I don't think Manziel is the guy is because of our offense. We do not have that kind of dual threat offensive scheme for him, but we can develop one for him like what the Seahawks did for Russell. However, that is only if Caldwell likes him, in the past, he drafted Peyton and Matt Ryan, two top 10 quarterbacks in the league today but more importantly they are dominantly skilled pocket passer. That is another reason why I think Caldwell is not going to select him.

I like Manziel, I would be happy him if he is shown to be the guy at the right price because despite all the troubles, he is a proven leader and play maker. Also he is the only person that can be remotely be compared to Russel Wilson. Manziel is 2 inches taller and 4 pounds larger than Russell Wilson so that is his advantage.

However, we must develop a foundation on all fronts if we draft him. We cannot leave him out to dry like Gene Smith did with Gabbert.
I definitley think we can adapt a zone read into the offense for him. But, Manziel is a little different from Wilson. I see him playing more like RGIII (rookie season) and Kaepernick last year than Russell Wilson. He's also more of an improvisor and play extender than Wilson.
Old 2013-12-16, 12:52   Link #7944
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

...I don't know how you screw up a easy win...I swear there's been one game every year the past few seasons where this has happened...fuck

Thank you Minnesota, you're not even my team and you obliged. Dallas needs to go sit in the corner.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 12:54   Link #7945
GDB

Isn't this the second or third time this season?
Old 2013-12-16, 18:16   Link #7946
sky black swordman

Quote:
Stephen A just said if the Cowboys beat both the Redskins and Eagles he'll wear a Tony Romo jersey

Now I want the Cowboys to win out just to see that
I would love to see that! But the chances are we probably won't. I can see them beating the Redskins but not the Eagles.
Old 2013-12-16, 19:33   Link #7947
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Hey, Philadelphia lost to Minnesota who didn't have Adrian Peterson on the field and somehow still put up 48 points....

I wouldn't rule any insanity out...especially when it comes to the NFC East...
Old 2013-12-16, 21:28   Link #7948
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Looks like not everyone in Seahawk territory is happy about Seattle shutting out the Giants. What an expensive mistake to make...
Old 2013-12-16, 21:39   Link #7949
VTHokiePride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I caught this article earlier too. I don't think anyone would have thought that Seattle was going to shutout the Giants. I knew their defense was going to do well, but I had the Giants getting a few field goals at least.
Old 2013-12-16, 21:51   Link #7950
GDB

Kind of like the Baltimore furniture store that had a promotion for the Super Bowl. If Jacoby Jones (well, the Ravens in general, but you know) returns the opening kick off for either half for a TD, all furniture sold the week before the Super Bowl would be free.

That one hurt them quite a bit.
Old 2013-12-16, 22:30   Link #7951
Yye1
Wide Right

All hail Jamaal Charles.... that man is a beast

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-16, 23:41   Link #7952
GDB

ROFL Nice. So after a heart thumping 61 yard field goal to get in the lead, the Lions were left with about 38 seconds left. Matt Elam, the one who stirred some controversy by calling Megatron "kind of old", caught the game ending interception.
Old 2013-12-16, 23:43   Link #7953
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
ROFL Nice. So after a heart thumping 61 yard field goal to get in the lead, the Lions were left with about 38 seconds left. Matt Elam, the one who stirred some controversy by calling Megatron "kind of old", caught the game ending interception.
Wow.....I got to be admit, I felt that the young rookie was getting ahead of himself before the game. I got to applaud him of making a fool out of many people. He earned my respect.
Old 2013-12-16, 23:56   Link #7954
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Wow, things just became even more chaotic with that result...well done, Baltimore. I'd love to see Detroit denied entry to the playoffs, although their remaining matches are favourable, particularly since Green Bay and Chicago have to play each other in the final week.
Old 2013-12-17, 03:57   Link #7955
Samari
World's Greatest

Baltimore is just one of those teams that can play anywhere and come out with a win. Especially in the playoffs. They may not dominate, but they can get the win. Funny thing is that they also play down to their opponents sometimes as well. Double edged sword, but at least they dish out more than they take. Not surprising that since Flacco has become the quarterback they've won at least one playoff game every single year. No one and done trips for that squad in five straight seasons.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 09:47   Link #7956
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Isn't this the second or third time this season?
possibly, though blowing a huge lead in the 4th is another story...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 15:40   Link #7957
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Any predictions or bets for next week games?
Old 2013-12-17, 15:51   Link #7958
GDB

Ravens over Pats
Browns over Jets
Panthers over Saints
Cowboys over Skins
Chiefs over Colts
Seahawks over Cardinals
49ers over Falcons
Broncos over Texans
Titans over Jags
Lions over Giants
Chargers over Raiders

Now, for the games that I feel could go either way:

Rams vs Buccs
Phins vs Bills
Packers vs Steelers
Eagles vs Bears
Vikings vs Bengals

The Packers one will likely come down to whether or not Rodgers plays. If he does, Packs win it. If not, Steelers can probably steal it (no pun intended).

Who cares about Buccs and Rams, so not bothering. I'll give it to the Rams for the lols.

Eagles vs Bears will be a shoot out, and I really don't get a feeling that either team will falter at this stage. Not saying they can't, but I just don't get a gut feeling of its impending occurrence. Probably going to end up something like 42-40 Eagles.

Vikings and Bengals is interesting, since the Vikings have been strong the past 2 or so weeks. The Bengals are going to be weaker on special teams, but they just came off a bad loss, and they need a win to ensure a playoff berth. I'm giving this one to the Vikings, but not by much. Less than a touchdown difference in final score. Maybe something around... 31-27 Vikings.

Phins and Bills is interesting. On paper, the Phins should win. But the Bills have a strong defense, and the Phins need a win. As such, I think they crumble a bit under pressure. Estimated a score of about... 21-17 Bills.
Old 2013-12-17, 23:10   Link #7959
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Any predictions or bets for next week games?
Well here are my:

Spoiler for :
Old 2013-12-17, 23:33   Link #7960
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky black swordman View Post
Well here are my:

Spoiler for :
Don't worry about it, I can see why you predict that. A real fan knows the situation of the team and to not be delusional. I see the Jaguars not winning either. There is so much will power and effort can do, we lack talent. These two last games is just about reps for the young players to develop them. More importantly, to evaluate who can we keep and who we cannot in the entire roster.

I agree with all your picks, though I think the Vikings and Bengals is more up in the air.

Tags
american football, sports