AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > My HiME / My Otome

Notices

View Poll Results: Mai Otome OVA 3 Rating
Perfect 10 9 13.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 8 12.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 16 24.24%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 31.82%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 10.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 4.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 1.52%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-06-06, 04:24   Link #81
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirri View Post
A few things -
Spoiler for Mai-HiME & Mai-Otome Zwei 3:
Episode 23~ ;P *Midori fangirl*

That's the same thought I had while watching. Also - note that the key was used by Natsuki during episode 24-25 to get her robe back for a few minutes. And was it used again by Nao during the early episodes? The part where Arika and Co. go to the library?

Man does SUNRISE love to reuse things. And I love it!
Old 2007-06-06, 07:17   Link #82
ReinhartX

did any1 noticed that the red handle golden colour sword at the last part looks like kagutsuchi's sword tat was at his mouth in mai hime
Old 2007-06-06, 13:58   Link #83
mig89
KIMAKIMAKIMAKIMAKIMAKIMAK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinhartX View Post
did any1 noticed that the red handle golden colour sword at the last part looks like kagutsuchi's sword tat was at his mouth in mai hime
No, they just have been discussed it about 4 pages...
Old 2007-06-07, 05:08   Link #84
grunty

It was an OK episode, nothing more or less than what I expected from My-Otome.

I stopped wanting any kind of proper storytelling after the My-HiME ending and the way Mashiro/Arika/Nina/Sergay plot threads were handled in My-Otome. Just like Code Geass, My-Otome (or maybe even the whole HiME franchise) is a collection of ridiculous moments/characters as an excuse of having a plot and I don't know how people can call anything in it "serious".

Spoiler for ep3:
Old 2007-06-07, 05:36   Link #85
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunty View Post
It was an OK episode, nothing more or less than what I expected from My-Otome.

I stopped wanting any kind of proper storytelling after the My-HiME ending and the way Mashiro/Arika/Nina/Sergay plot threads were handled in My-Otome. Just like Code Geass, My-Otome (or maybe even the whole HiME franchise) is a collection of ridiculous moments/characters as an excuse of having a plot and I don't know how people can call anything in it "serious".

Spoiler for ep3:
Today’s luxury super-cruise ships are basically floating small towns.

Spoiler for ep3:

Last edited by encia; 2007-06-07 at 06:07.
Old 2007-06-07, 20:15   Link #86
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Why are there so many people who dislike the fanservice? I loved it ^^ You got to see the other Otome!! and it was funny! I know it was alittle out of place but look at the franchise, its geared towards breasts, what where you expecting? Anyway the fight between Nao and Black fumi was awsome. I miss Nina-chans pigtails *sniff*
Old 2007-06-07, 22:33   Link #87
tieu_yeu_nu

i don't understand why they aren't going to solve the stoned issue first, do they want to leave them all stoned until akira and nina wins the battle?

wouldn't tat make them lose viewers, since Shizuru and Nao seems to feature really high on the favorite character list. 1st and 4th isn't it?
Old 2007-06-08, 01:34   Link #88
AceMan
Observer

Send a message via ICQ to AceMan
Quote:
Originally Posted by tieu_yeu_nu View Post
i don't understand why they aren't going to solve the stoned issue first, do they want to leave them all stoned until akira and nina wins the battle?
I see two options:

a) Thanks to the book, they find a way to unstone stoned Otomes and everyone join forces to take Fumi down (like in episodes 25-26)

b) Thanks to the book, they find a way to take Fumi down, those who are still unstoned join forces and do that, and then Otomes get unstoned

I am pretty sure it will be something like that
Old 2007-06-08, 01:54   Link #89
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
random question: when will part 4 air T-T (its gonna be a long time i know nyuuh!)
Old 2007-06-08, 10:56   Link #90
Mirri

Send a message via MSN to Mirri
Quote:
random question: when will part 4 air T-T (its gonna be a long time i know nyuuh!)
CDJapan says August 24th - (http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=BCBA-2773) for both the standard & limited editions.
Old 2007-06-10, 03:56   Link #91
v-boi2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by tieu_yeu_nu View Post
They've been trying to solve it the whole time. They assigned it to Yokho because something like this is in her area of expertise, and even she and Professor Gal can't figure out what's wrong.

That aside, they're already busy with the mysterious attacks on Windbloom and Aries.
Old 2007-06-11, 03:32   Link #92
MirokuKazuya
Abe No Kazuya

Send a message via MSN to MirokuKazuya
hmm... and i think i heard mikoto saying " i wan an army of miroku!!" during the preview for the last episode but since the preview is always fake..does dat means we are not going to see miroku during the last episode?
Old 2007-06-11, 05:49   Link #93
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MirokuKazuya View Post
hmm... and i think i heard mikoto saying " i wan an army of miroku!!" during the preview for the last episode but since the preview is always fake..does dat means we are not going to see miroku during the last episode?
Nice point you brang up. But she did say army - SUNRISE could screw us over again by just giving 'a' Miroku.

August 24th?!

*marks date on her calender*
Old 2007-06-11, 22:30   Link #94
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Who says these girls are the same as their HiME coutnerparts? In anime universes, it's normal for girls to look like their mothers, or grandmothers, or ancestors. These girls may be long removed decendents of the originals who pulled the same exact net from the gene pool.

Personally what I would like to see from this, is if they are gonna make it into gundam.. DO IT RIGHT. Do it UC style. I want something after HiME. But before Otome. Maybe showing around the time they left for the new planet, maybe the wars on the new planet that we hear about every damned episode. Important things between otome and hime.

BUT FFS NO DESTINY! We don't need more pubescent angst over "killing" a best friend who wounds up very much alive.

P.S. Did anyone go back and rewatch HiME, and notice that Nina is in it? She sits like right in front of Mai in the classroom... and looks much older... I just noticed that a couple weeks ago.

Last edited by Zilveari; 2007-06-11 at 22:31. Reason: ROFL
Old 2007-06-11, 22:58   Link #95
X207
Gamyūsa

ya we all know nina is in hime, in the class room, at the begining of each ending theme.
Old 2007-06-12, 04:44   Link #96
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
Btw this episode subs already out or not???
Old 2007-06-12, 05:27   Link #97
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by kira-sama View Post
Btw this episode subs already out or not???
Not from Doremi, but Static has released subs. Though you should never ask that question.
Old 2007-06-12, 05:29   Link #98
lil-d01
loves bunnies.

Nina was in HiME but under a different name (which I forgot atm...) and a different pair of coloured eyes (green I think?).

And the subs was out days ago...and like what Rob said.
Old 2007-06-12, 09:11   Link #99
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilveari View Post
P.S. Did anyone go back and rewatch HiME, and notice that Nina is in it? She sits like right in front of Mai in the classroom... and looks much older... I just noticed that a couple weeks ago.
Actually, Arika makes a brief walk-on appearance in the final episode of Mai HiME, too.
Old 2007-06-12, 16:09   Link #100
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Yeah that one I remember, since it was all the rage. The second the Mai Otome site was started with the pic of arika and nina on the front, everyone noticed that one.
Closed Thread