AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2004-12-23, 04:17   Link #221
mansour

i honestly accept the storyline, and i'm still watching it

only thing i don't like is the work the studio did on PoT, they cut down on the graphics so much, and the animated loops take a long time (an example of a loop: when Echizen ties his shoes, it takes hrs!).....

i think if this project (PoT) fell into the hands of a better studio, it would've been much better.

i'm still surprised that this studio (Production I.G) made this. compared to what they made in their lifetime this is not so good.

i have no intention of throwing a flame war, and sorry to any of you who are fans of that studio. i'm just placing my opinion.

again i still like PoT!
mansour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 01:13   Link #222
Pandalax

Well, there is a LITTLE bit of character development, at least for Sengoku and Kirihara...maybe Akutsu too. Character development is not the point of this show anyways. Now, the action finally picked up and I've really enjoyed it.

Hope A-O can continue with the awesome fansubs
Pandalax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 08:42   Link #223
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
This show is probably paradise for fangirls who can't help but ogle at anime boys - plenty of boys here to ogle.
huh really ?? *want to see Sanada in an onsen*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronwen Stx
Although...Sakuno needs to get in an accident.
Let's help her to get run over by a train, muahaha !!!
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-12-25, 08:44   Link #224
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by mansour
i honestly accept the storyline, and i'm still watching it

only thing i don't like is the work the studio did on PoT, they cut down on the graphics so much, and the animated loops take a long time (an example of a loop: when Echizen ties his shoes, it takes hrs!).....

i think if this project (PoT) fell into the hands of a better studio, it would've been much better.

i'm still surprised that this studio (Production I.G) made this. compared to what they made in their lifetime this is not so good.

i have no intention of throwing a flame war, and sorry to any of you who are fans of that studio. i'm just placing my opinion.

again i still like PoT!
have you noticed how the design has progressed ?? it is 300 % better than the first eps (until eps 40...). but i must admit the manga is well done.

anyway, i'm satisfied with the current quality.
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 15:55   Link #225
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Got a question: I've seen PoT up to episode 178(The last episode). Is the manga further ahead? And if yes, what chapter number is episode 178 based on?
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-18, 19:53   Link #226
bluemist
i am the mist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen
Got a question: I've seen PoT up to episode 178(The last episode). Is the manga further ahead? And if yes, what chapter number is episode 178 based on?
As I recall, PoT anime diverted from its manga counterpart long ago. Anyone have an idea on when it was exactly?

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-18, 20:16   Link #227
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Spoiler for Ryoma vs. Sanada:
Old 2005-12-18, 20:39   Link #228
mit7059

AHH WANT MORE PRINCE OF TENNIS! anyone know if the movie has been fansubbed yet?

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-19, 13:00   Link #229
Chosen
Me > Mods ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvatarST
Spoiler for Ryoma vs. Sanada:
Spoiler:
Chosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 01:36   Link #230
virgopalz

hey i just watched the prince of tennis -futari no samurai and i kinda like the ending theme song..anyone knows where i can get that song??haha..
virgopalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 06:26   Link #231
virgopalz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiii
wtf are you talking about? it was.....

Spoiler:

The match in 120 was sooo much better in the manga....everything in the anime is totally different. It's missing 4 great scenes from the manga...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Old 2005-12-20, 15:38   Link #232
domino
デレデレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemist
As I recall, PoT anime diverted from its manga counterpart long ago. Anyone have an idea on when it was exactly?

Spoiler:

I'm pretty sure the anime got ahead of the manga during the Rikkaidai matches. Things like Yagyuu and Niou's match were completely different in the anime and manga versions. The anime didn't have any more manga to work with, so things get very different from there.

The manga was so far behind the anime that they stopped the anime. I want it to come back. TT_TT

At least they're going to be releasing the nationals as a 7(I think) episode OVA.
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 19:27   Link #233
misakichii

i just finished watching PoT 178 a while ago and didn't really like it. does anyone if ep 178 is the last ep. i hope its not the last ep because i don't like how it ended. well i just thought that it was kinda sad how seigaku regulars went to the nationalist and ryoma weren't there with them but instead he was in america doing something else. it also seemed like ryoma was never coming back to japan again of something. anyways i just thought the ending of ep 178 was quite sad.
misakichii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-20, 20:14   Link #234
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
178 is the last episode. There is always the manga if you really want
to follow the story...
Old 2005-12-21, 02:12   Link #235
virgopalz

yeah..episode 178 is the last episode..any up until now the manga only shows up till book 29 which shows the 1st match of seigaku against another school in nationals and it has barely started..i hope the rest of the manga will come out soon...haha...
Old 2005-12-21, 14:31   Link #236
domino
デレデレ

Here's what Prince of Tennis has been doing after the TV anime ended in spring 2005:

* Two movies were released to theaters and on DVD: "Futari no Samurai The First Game" and "Atobe Kara Okurimono" (a short movie that screened with "Futari no Samurai")
* Radio Show "Tennis no Oujisama on the Radio" (Rajipuri) is still going weekly and is almost to their 150th weekly show.
* Character vocal CD singles/albums are still being released. There's at least one new one per month. This December/January's CDs are:
----"Progress": a Ryoma mini-album featuring a Christmas song with mangaka Konomi Takeshi (12/24)
---- "Musical Tennis no Oujisama Best Actor Series" volume 001 and 002. These are Tezuka and Atobe albums, but sung by the guys who played Tezuka and Atobe in the latest Prince of Tennis musical. (12/19)
---- "Brand New Days" by the 3Guava Trio (Marui Bunta, Akutagawa Jiroh, and Aoi Kentarou). This song was featured in the PoT movie "Atobe Kara Okurimono". (1/1)
---- "Go Go Meganes" by the MEGANEs (megane means glasses). This is a strange group made up of Tezuka Kunimitsu, Inui Sadaharu, and Oshitari Yuushi. (1/1)
---- "Bokutachi no Shippai" by the Seigaku Freshmen. The thought of Horio singing makes me cry a little inside.... ^^; (1/1)

* Prince of Tennis musicals are still going strong and continuing this winter. "Imperial Match Hyotei" winter version will play live in Japan in January. There were three musicals performed/released on DVD in 2005. (Yamabuki, Hyotei, and the comedy concert Dream Live 2nd). The Hyotei musical was amazing!!
* Live Action movie coming out next year, featuring many members of the PoT musical's cast (including former cast). Some of the actresses in the movie are J-Pop singers. o_o
* OVA "Tennis no Oujisama: Zenkoku Taikai Hen" vol. 1, an OVA episode featuring the Nationals matches, comes out on DVD in Japan in March 2006 (unless they change the release date). Rumors say that this OVA will be 7 volumes long.
* Manga is at volume 31 in volume form. Continuing strong in weekly Shonen Jump!
* Konami has released a LOT of video games for this series. They're very fun! The newest game comes out this month and is a festival/dating sim.

Prince of Tennis is so great. ^_^ Always has a billion things going on at once. If you only keep up with the TV anime, you're missing out!
domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-21, 16:38   Link #237
TangentZ
神の一手

Send a message via ICQ to TangentZ
Thanks for the great update domino.

I have a bad feeling that the live action movie will suck.
Old 2005-12-22, 00:30   Link #238
virgopalz

haha...thats good to hear that but too bad there arent so much avalible in singapore..recently i bought the futari no samurai vcd and it only shows the team in the cruise and the movie does not have Atobe Kara Okurimono which i badly wanted to watch as much as futari no samurai...and i dun think i can find the vcd of it anywhere in singapore...T.T im real glad to hear that the OVA are going to be 7 volumes long`!!haha..prince of tennis really rocks`!!!
Old 2005-12-22, 10:21   Link #239
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgopalz
yeah..episode 178 is the last episode..any up until now the manga only shows up till book 29 which shows the 1st match of seigaku against another school in nationals and it has barely started..i hope the rest of the manga will come out soon...haha...
To be more accurate, volume 31 has just been released, and Seigaku is now in the quarter-finals with a re-match with Hyoutei. (Hyoutei were invited back in the nationals as a wild-card, as Tokyo gets to host the national in the story, so Tokyo gets an extra wild-card slot. )

Speaking of which, I have to go and catch up my PoT, like Naruto, another slow paced manga, they're more fun to read if you read them in one bundle.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-22, 10:56   Link #240
virgopalz

haha...for me im reawatching the previous episodes from prince of tennis as last time i wanted to finish it that in the end when i watch the back part of the anime ive forgotten wad happened in the 1st part of the anime..haha..

Tags
tennis