Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2008-07-23, 14:16   Link #21
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

Quote:
Originally Posted by james3wk View Post
It seems, by the colour pages, it is confirmed that the Hachibi-Jinchuuriki is a Black Man, making him the only character in all of (the current) Shounen Jump that is Black .

I wonder if someone will complain when the extremly "white" Sasuke beats up on a blind black man...
koname tousen from bleach is a black guy...

he is also blind

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 14:20   Link #22
Goronta

Espada #7 is black.. I think?
Goronta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 14:23   Link #23
sasuke2007
Missing-Nin

youroichi perhaps

It's Showtime
sasuke2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 14:25   Link #24
X_Danny_X

Quote:
Um, Naruto was born with Blond hair and blue eyes (so were Ino, Temari and Tsunade...), so he must be Japanese ? The Narutoverse is not a part of Earth, so none of the characters are actually Asian (or Caucasin, or Black, etc), they are whatever the dominant species/ethnicity/religion/etc of the Narutoverse is (I guess they call be called human?...).
yes,but naruto takes place in a japanese setting type of environment....we were given evidence of this with summoning scrolls...and japanese lettering....naruto looks like it takes place in some feudal japan environment with some modern devices (Oro taking a shower...i cant remember if it was filler or not) while Claymore does not. reading and watching claymore, nothing i have found had evidence that it might take place in japan...it seems it takes place at some distant world where anything goes.
Old 2008-07-23, 14:31   Link #25
Slave0fLife
O_O

I don't know if this has already been discussed elsewhere, if so someone please direct me, but I think the blindness vs sharingan thing might be very interesting and troublesome to Sasuke. Genjutsu controls the chakra flow in the brain, if I am not mistaken, and (at least untill now) the only way to do that is having the victim look in your eyes (and in Itachi's case, his body, but still vision-related). So, does this make the Hachibi imune to genjutsu? Although Sasuke uses more ninjutsu/taijutsu to do anything, it might suck not being able to use one of the best sharingan abilities. I guess this would also certainly mean that we will see at least one other MS technique.
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 14:35   Link #26
Sinaura
Fat Warlord

Sasuke looks like a really pale Japanese dude. But yeah, the way Sasuke is getting upgraded through all these arcs, I would be surprised if he didn't become the jinchuriki of the 8 tails.

The whole Naruto training mess reminds me of the 3 years Goku and co trained before the Androids showed up, and then afterwards having to train in the Room of Spirit and Time for a day thing. Naruto however seems less like a Goku and more like a Gohan, if that makes sense.
Sinaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 15:03   Link #27
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke2007 View Post
koname tousen from bleach is a black guy...

he is also blind
LOL, you got me there. I completely forgot about Tousen (and Yourichi), I am also a firm believer that Brook from One Piece had dark enough skin to constitute being called "black".
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 15:48   Link #28
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Just like I predicted. Now I also think Sasuke is gonna have an even harder time than Deidara regardless of MS.
Freya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 15:56   Link #29
X_Danny_X

Tenjo Tenge has a black guy and he is part of the main cast, however he is not the main character.
Old 2008-07-23, 16:48   Link #30
Juruzu
Yondaime's Legacy

Dutch from Black lagoon, some of the crew from eureka seven, Mr. Popo (dragonball), that magician looking dude in bleach.. theres ALOT of dark skin people in anime
Juruzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 17:29   Link #31
HiroInazuma
Boss of Ecchi Yazuka

No anime has the guts to make a black male the main character or to draw them without that ridiculous mouth I mean what is up with that?

On-topic:

Sasuke may not even have that hard of a time, people keep saying oh the guy is blind so Sasuke will have a hard time people forget that Sasuke has always excelled in ninjutsu, taijutsu to a lesser extent kenjutsu, Sasuke's eyes don't just help him with genjutsu, Sasuke only does that when he wants to make his opponent fear him or when he doesn't feel like fighting. During his fights he mostly uses offensive and defensive ninjutsu and when he is closer he either uses his fists or his sword.
HiroInazuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 17:59   Link #32
tatami
back in black

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiroInazuma View Post
Sasuke may not even have that hard of a time, people keep saying oh the guy is blind so Sasuke will have a hard time people forget that Sasuke has always excelled in ninjutsu, taijutsu to a lesser extent kenjutsu, Sasuke's eyes don't just help him with genjutsu, Sasuke only does that when he wants to make his opponent fear him or when he doesn't feel like fighting. During his fights he mostly uses offensive and defensive ninjutsu and when he is closer he either uses his fists or his sword.
he may not use his eyes(not saying he is blind) he trained in dark remember that, and sasuke uses genjutsu in his fights when needed, he used it against deidara , used against itachi so its not like he doesnt use that , if there is a need or opportunity he uses it...
tatami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 20:41   Link #33
Peinkage

Here are some tht I know:

Spoiler for Naruto 410:
Peinkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:07   Link #34
SamuraiX

Send a message via MSN to SamuraiX
Quote:
No anime has the guts to make a black male the main character or to draw them without that ridiculous mouth I mean what is up with that?

On-topic:

------------------------------------
Yeah Afro Samurai is the only anime I know of with a black main character. But I have to agree with the rediculously drawn mouths.
SamuraiX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 21:34   Link #35
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juruzu View Post
Dutch from Black lagoon, some of the crew from eureka seven, Mr. Popo (dragonball), that magician looking dude in bleach.. theres ALOT of dark skin people in anime
I agree except Mr.Popo...what the hell? literally jet black with a pink circle mouth? That's the racist-type drawing used in 1920s cartoons. However, I am NOT saying that the staff for DBZ intended for Mr.Popo to be classified as black OR that he is even human. I guess Goku looked to be human but was a Saiyan...I think it's no different.(At least i think mr.popo wasn't human, if not someone correct me) That's just my opinion. I'm not trying to start an argument or anything.

On Topic: Since this 8-tails dude seems to be an octopus, can we expect suiton-jutsus in abundance?
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 22:32   Link #36
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I bet the fight is gonna be over quick. Sasuke will just look at the 8-tails and he will melt into a puddle of goo.
/reported for dropping spoilers and ruining it for everyone. Jerk. Be considerate.

/hopes everyone gets my wisecrack

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Souten no Seigyoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 23:50   Link #37
Slave0fLife
O_O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peinkage View Post
Here are some tht I know:

Spoiler for Naruto 410:
Is this "Tsyomi" a new technique or is it a typo supposed to be "Tsukuyomi"? If it's tsukuyomi, I guess that would confirm that all of Itachi's techniques were passed on to Sasuke.
Slave0fLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 00:13   Link #38
cloak_and_dagger
Hei aka Li Xiansheng
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I expect either Water or Lightning jutsus to be used by the Hachibi-Jinchuriki (do we have a name for this guy yet?). It would be interesting if the Jinchuuriki could absorb or otherwise be unaffected by water and lightning jutsus, effectively making all of Suigetsu's and half of Sasuke's known jutsus obsolete.
1. His name is Mr.T(random comment)

2. I don't see water/lightning immunity happening unless the Hachibi grants that ability when's out of control...but if that were so then Kishi would have to include him in about 4 chapters max...and I don't see him stretching this fight except that if it is prolonged his sassy-kay will get more screentime
cloak_and_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 00:17   Link #39
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

On-topic:

No. Afro Samurai. XD

On topic:
I hope you are wrong, and Sasuke at least gets hit around a bit before the 8-tails loses (c'mon we all know it's inevitable, even if it WEREN'T Sasuke). I would like for Sasuke to at least havea a little fear and/or doubt. Right now he's too high-and-mighty. I just want to see him taken down a notch in this upcoming fight.
Old 2008-07-24, 00:28   Link #40
cauldrone

Question

i wonder if this thing about naruto needing to die has anything to do with chapter 309.in it the 9 tails warn sasuke not to kill naruto or he will regret it.i'm also wondering why the 9 tails think he may not see sasuke again, in the same chapter.
cauldrone is offline   Reply With Quote