AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-14, 16:18   Link #981
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Likewise, Mami sipping some tea right after killing her was way too over-the-top
Lol. I actually thought that was pretty damn classy. XD

Anyway, I found it quite amusing when Hitomi said she felt like a fifth wheel. Fourth Wall joke?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 16:24   Link #982
Clarste
Human

On the contrary, the tea was exactly enough over-the-top.

The witch animation, while interesting in style, doesn't work well at all in a fight scene. It felt like Mami and the witch were in two different dimensions or something, and it was hard to believe that they could actually attack each other. Overall, I don't think it worked very well and hope they do something slightly different for future witches.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 18:23   Link #983
ttdestroy
Hardcore meets Casual

I don't know when she sipped the tea it felt like I just won a match in Blaz Blue.
Also I wouldn't touch those soul gems, I think it might be some type of hallucinogen.
ttdestroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 19:20   Link #984
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 2:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-14, 19:32   Link #985
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
On the contrary, the tea was exactly enough over-the-top.

The witch animation, while interesting in style, doesn't work well at all in a fight scene. It felt like Mami and the witch were in two different dimensions or something, and it was hard to believe that they could actually attack each other. Overall, I don't think it worked very well and hope they do something slightly different for future witches.
I hope they show different witch forms. On a level, I felt sorry for the witch. The witch at one point was probably a human girl.
Old 2011-01-14, 21:49   Link #986
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

so after watching the first two eps i've to stick with this.

Madoka is undeniably cute, as is Kyubey. I would enjoy more of Mami and her fighting. Her final move was great.

Whenever they enter the witch's area it feels like alice in wonderland to me.

Homura is a mysterious character and still can't make up my mind about her. I'm leaning towards her not being a bad person right not.

Sayaka acta tough but i don't think she can back it up yet.

Hitomi made me laugh this ep.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:33   Link #987
Miyuki-ism
Corpse in Pieces

Send a message via MSN to Miyuki-ism
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Likewise, Mami sipping some tea right after killing her was way too over-the-top
I see you watch To Love-Ru. Makes me wonder how you think that her sipping tea after the fight is considered over-the-top. I hardly even noticed it.

Also I doubt this stop motion stuff will end any time soon. If it happened in the first episode, it's gonna happen in the next eleven episodes.
Old 2011-01-14, 23:47   Link #988
Clarste
Human

It's possible that each witch will have their own idiosyncratic animation style. The first and second episodes were dealing with the same witch after all.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:00   Link #989
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
It's possible that each witch will have their own idiosyncratic animation style. The first and second episodes were dealing with the same witch after all.
I was thinking about that too.

I mean remember that SZS episode where they tried out different art style?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:10   Link #990
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I mean remember that SZS episode where they tried out different art style?
Shaft hasn't had enough of that lately. Ever since SZS ended, the following shows have experimented with camera angles and such, but the animation has been much less weird overall. And yes, I'm trying to phrase that as something I'm disappointed in. This is animation. The hell with reality.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:32   Link #991
Stefkov

I thought the Witch's animation fit nicely. They go into another world to fight these (that's what I thought) so who's to say that all other worlds are exactly the same as ours? I know that it probably doesn't make sense in terms of animating but I think it's a good idea.

Regarding the episode I like what I read on previous pages about the egg and why these witch hunts take place. I can see why Homura would try to destroy that creature if it's the one making girls into mahou shoujo for the purpose described.
I do feel sorry for the self pronounced 'fifth wheel' being left out. I guess she's there for some comic relief though.
Stefkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 00:45   Link #992
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

The lyrics from the song when they are fighting is pretty epic, watched the episode and wrote down the lyrics as it played.

All credit to the sub group who did the work. (Nutbladder)

Spoiler for Lyrics from episode 2:

I have to say, I love the music and the atmosphere of this series.
Old 2011-01-15, 01:36   Link #993
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

4chan denizens theory.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 01:44   Link #994
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
ep 2
did Mami just pulled an unlimited bla.... er.... gun works against the witch in this ep?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 01:47   Link #995
Silverwyrm

Anyone else laugh inside a bit when mami dropped guns out of her skirt >.> I kinda want to make an avatar of that my photoshop is gone though and I cant seem to use gimp correctly...

I cant think of Homura as a bad person, there just isn't enough information for that yet, but I feel there is more to the story than what was explained here so far.

I find the witch realm rather strange but interesting, the witch itself was....too odd, didn't seem dangerous or even really capable of attacking.
Silverwyrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 02:59   Link #996
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post

4chan denizens theory.
After only 2 episodes eh?
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 03:08   Link #997
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Sipping tea after a battle is too over-the-top? I saw a special on television once about real cold cases that've been solved. One featured an old man who was eating spaghetti while the smell of his wife's rotting corpse, who he had killed with his own bare hands, was coming up through the floorboards as the police were questioning him... There are some things in REAL life that are more over-the-top than what's in this anime, I assure you all of that.

That and Mami is just so freaking classy. <3 Great episode. I love the fact that Sayaka actually possesses a lot of wisdom despite her young age and goofy air. Put in the same situation, I would feel that I don't deserve such a chance, either. I don't have anything I want that bad. Perhaps, just a genuine desire to help others, but not to the point where I would want to risk my life...

I also love Hitomi's reactions, lol. "Fifth wheel"? Tee-hee, I love it.
Old 2011-01-15, 03:17   Link #998
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

After listening to the song in the first and the second episode fights I realized that the lyrics are slightly different in the subs.

Spoiler for Comparison:

In addition, both songs have a different pace, the one in the first episode seems slower.

Assuming that the subs are accurate in both episodes, then I expect they may have a version of this song for each magical girl.

Maybe they reflect something in the characters too.

Of course, its entirely possible the sub group just translated the lines differently and I'm over thinking this.

Last edited by Fenrir_valindri; 2011-01-15 at 03:27.
Fenrir_valindri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-15, 03:32   Link #999
Kagayaki

When Madoka woke up at the beginning of the second episode and said "Another weird dream..."
I was like, "UROBUCHI WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?! "
But then she saw Kyubey and realized the events of Ep.1 were actually real.

For a second there, I thought that was how every episode was going to start and that this was going to be Inception style craziness.

I did like the repeated comedy of Hitomi's reactions. The fifth wheel one was silly because it messed up the normal expression, but also because of the meta-joke (which Haak pointed out) that she actually is the fifth wheel in the show compared to the four magical girls.

The tea drinking was awesome too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
After only 2 episodes eh?
Anyone who thought that this thread was going crazy with epileptic trees after episode 1 clearly hadn't seen what was going on over there.
Old 2011-01-15, 04:13   Link #1000
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Has anyone mentioned the fact that Madoka's drawings of her magical girl outfit were actually done by her seiyuu, Yuuki Aoi? From my own limited familiarity, I'd put Ao-chan in the second rank of seiyuu artists, just behind Inoue Marina and Kitamura Eri. Her best work is actually better than those drawings, I think.

(click to enlarge)

I'm not exactly blown away by Ao-chan's voice work yet, but the uniqueness of the small voice here is really interesting. And KitaEri (Sayaka) and Chiwa (Homura) are also really good. Mizuhashi Kaori's Mami is hit and miss, for me. It's also interesting that Gotou Yuuko has gone from Mikuru moe to playing the mother.
One thing I would like to point out about that pic is that depending on how you look she's crying tears of blood...

Last edited by Hypernova; 2011-01-15 at 04:26.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen