AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2013-12-07, 14:16   Link #9801
ChampDream
Alive

so the mysterious girl was maid and she serve Hisui, which look like she going to bring trouble to Nagi and the others, also it seem she was going to use Ruka, but it fail.
Old 2013-12-07, 14:23   Link #9802
Shadow5YA

Poor Klaus. No love for him
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 19:39   Link #9803
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
You know I could have sworn they mentioned Hisui once before, so she is the sister of Jenny. I forgot about her too though...

The plot thickens indeed...

EDIT: Found where Hisui is first mentioned. Chapter 384 Pages 16-17
I think she may have been mentioned a couple of times. I thought there was an earlier mention, but I could be totally wrong about this. After all, Hata-sensei casually drops names and imagery that come into importance years later, thus it is easy to lose when these things were seen/mentioned. ^_^;;;

I wonder if Hata-sensei will go ahead and push forward with Nagi returning to the mansion right away rather than waste time on a lot of gag chapters. I do like how the residents of Yukari-chan House, as seen in CTMEOY, get a blurb to keep them in the apartment house, thus linking with CTMEOY.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

AstroNerdBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-07, 19:57   Link #9804
madmac

Quote:
I think she may have been mentioned a couple of times. I thought there was an earlier mention, but I could be totally wrong about this. After all, Hata-sensei casually drops names and imagery that come into importance years later, thus it is easy to lose when these things were seen/mentioned.
I think 384 is the first time she referred to Hisui by name, but Nagi casually references her way back during the chapter where she talks about how she found Tama. Midway through Volume 13 somewhere.

My memory was a bit hazy, so let me just quote the dialogue from the Viz translation.

Hayate: Who was Jenny, anyway?

Nagi: Huh? I'm not really sure.

Hayate: You were wandering around Africa with a total stranger?

Nagi: I think she might have been a friends little sister, but she was kinda weird...

Hayate: The little sister of one of your friends? How old was Jenny?

Nagi: She was 4.

And then continues on from there. Ninja jokes, ect. I kinda wonder if we're going to see Jenny as well, now.

Oh, and that means Hisui should be around Nagi's age, 13-14. Something to keep in mind.

Last edited by madmac; 2013-12-07 at 20:15.
madmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-08, 12:50   Link #9805
Kakurin
大佐

Finally it looks like it's going to be interesting. So... that strange person is the maid of Hisui? Anyway, I wonder whether and when (little) A-tan is going to play a role again.
Old 2013-12-09, 12:37   Link #9806
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmac View Post
I think 384 is the first time she referred to Hisui by name, but Nagi casually references her way back during the chapter where she talks about how she found Tama. Midway through Volume 13 somewhere.
OK, that's what I was thinking about. Not a direct name drop, but since Jenny is supposed to be the sister of Hisui...

(Chapter 136 for the record.)

Quote:
I kinda wonder if we're going to see Jenny as well, now.

Oh, and that means Hisui should be around Nagi's age, 13-14. Something to keep in mind.
I wouldn't be surprised if Jenny shows up and is actually the same age as Hayate's older brother.

We also have an explanation of why Nagi would be trusted with Jenny if she (and Hisui) are somehow tied to the Sanzenin inheritance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SigUp View Post
Finally it looks like it's going to be interesting. So... that strange person is the maid of Hisui? Anyway, I wonder whether and when (little) A-tan is going to play a role again.
While it is very difficult to determine what Hata-sensei will do, I think that the focus will be on Nagi getting the mansion back. That said, Ah-tan wasn't in CTMEOY, where Nagi was shown to already be back in the mansion, so I'm not sure if this means that Athena's role was resolved there, of if she were purposefully kept from sight to avoid spoilers.

Either way, I suspect Athena will have at least some role to play in helping Nagi get a stone back to get into the mansion since Athena's central to the main plot.

--> AstroNerdBoy on YouTube! - Where I mostly do gaming videos. Help me hit my subscription goals by subscribing today! 😁

--> AstroNerdBoy on Twitch! - Currently, streaming every Friday night at 9pm ET/6pm PT. Impromptu streams when FGO events are going on. Love to see you there! 😆

Old 2013-12-09, 20:35   Link #9807
MCAL

I guess the best question to ask now is who Hisui will find as her potential candidate. If we look at the people with King Jewels already. There is Aika, but seeing as she has a close relationship with Mikado, I don't think she would be valid. There is the one Hayate's brother has. But seeing as we don't know where he is (for now) and I am sure Hisui isn't aware of him anyway, I'd cross him out for now. That leaves Wataru. With Hisui being a childhood friend of Nagi, the possibility of Wataru being one too is high, plus as far as we know (I think. Someone correct me if I am wrong) his business is still so-so and Hisui could use that to manipulate him somehow (Poor boy). Wataru seems like the likely person, but say it is a completely different person, then what makes him/her qualified and to answer that question I guess we should also ask what exactly made Ruka unqualified then. So there you guys go. (Boy did that get complicated!)
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 20:57   Link #9808
ices
Working Hard

I guess it's related to this three things:
1. parrent
2. debt
3. December 25th
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-09, 23:35   Link #9809
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
I guess we should also ask what exactly made Ruka unqualified then. So there you guys go. (Boy did that get complicated!)
She's no longer in debt, thus any desire to get the treasure to fix her debt are gone. Getting the treasure for Hayate's sake would not constitute an act of greed, so that rules his debt out as well.

Plus, she's no longer living at Yukari-chan House and is busy with her idol life, so I think that's the nail in Ruka's candidate coffin.

Old 2013-12-09, 23:52   Link #9810
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstroNerdBoy View Post
She's no longer in debt, thus any desire to get the treasure to fix her debt are gone. Getting the treasure for Hayate's sake would not constitute an act of greed, so that rules his debt out as well.

Plus, she's no longer living at Yukari-chan House and is busy with her idol life, so I think that's the nail in Ruka's candidate coffin.
Doh! I don't know why I didn't think that (Not enough sleep probably).

So I can't think of anyone else in need of money, so Wataru seems like the most likely candidate and its about time that King Jewel is relevant somehow(Though I guess that depends on what Hisui wants to talk about with Mikado-- If that is what the "him" refers to. Hmm...). If this is what happens I am game. I'd very much like to see Wataru and Saki again.

Also I finally figured out the what the name Hisui reminded me of... Tsukihime.
Old 2013-12-10, 07:17   Link #9811
GDB

Can Wataru's even be used for this purpose since Isumi purified it?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 13:03   Link #9812
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
So I can't think of anyone else in need of money, so Wataru seems like the most likely candidate and its about time that King Jewel is relevant somehow(Though I guess that depends on what Hisui wants to talk about with Mikado-- If that is what the "him" refers to. Hmm...). If this is what happens I am game. I'd very much like to see Wataru and Saki again.
That's a good point about the "him". I had assumed this would be Mikado, but what if it is Hayate's older brother? I'm just tossing this out there as a "what if" possibility.

But yeah, Wataru is the one I was thinking of in terms of new candidates. I'm not sure if the jewel being purified means you can't get into the Royal Garden or if that's what's needed to get you into the place.

I also get the feeling that Hisui and Yozora are interested in creating conflict, which Ruka coming into Nagi's (and Hayate's) circles would provide should she have been the candidate.

I'm also thinking that we are missing a piece of the puzzle here. Reading back, Yozora didn't appear to know Ah-tan when she destroyed the coffin at Yukari-chan House and went up against Isumi and Hayate. We still don't know why (or how) Athena returned to her Ah-tan form and scrapped some of her memories and power.

Also, there's Dr. Kurosu in the mix here with an undetermined role to play still since she apparently knows Hayate's brother.

I'll have a blog post up in about 25 hours where I postulate on other elements of this Hisui reveal.

Old 2013-12-10, 14:59   Link #9813
MCAL

What chapter did Isumi do that again?
Old 2013-12-10, 16:03   Link #9814
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
What chapter did Isumi do that again?
Purify Wataru's gem? I'm not sure. I'd have to check that. Actually, I know she purified Hayate's gem (now destroyed) and Aika's. I'm now trying to think if she actually did anything with Wataru's or not.

Old 2013-12-10, 16:37   Link #9815
MCAL

Oh, if Isumi purified Hayate gem then her purifying Wataru's gem doesn't mean it is useless for getting into the royal garden (Otherwise the whole Athena arc wouldn't make sense), so no need to rush.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-12-10 at 17:03.
Old 2013-12-10, 17:16   Link #9816
GDB

Unless they didn't realize that Hayate's gem had been cleansed. And if I recall, Isumi cleansed Wataru's when they were on that trip in the mountains and they got attacked by a bear.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-10, 17:34   Link #9817
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Unless they didn't realize that Hayate's gem had been cleansed. And if I recall, Isumi cleansed Wataru's when they were on that trip in the mountains and they got attacked by a bear.
That was Aika's gem. Wataru didn't get his until later, when he went to Las Vegas and saw his mother.

Old 2013-12-10, 17:43   Link #9818
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Well, Isumi would have at least known.

EDIT: Anyway, according to the wiki, the King Jewel can be used to enter the Royal Garden as long as it "hasn't lost its light." Not sure if purification does that though. Hell, not even sure how "losing its light" happens.

Last edited by MCAL; 2013-12-10 at 21:05.
Old 2013-12-11, 11:24   Link #9819
AstroNerdBoy

Quote:
Well, Isumi would have at least known.

EDIT: Anyway, according to the wiki, the King Jewel can be used to enter the Royal Garden as long as it "hasn't lost its light." Not sure if purification does that though. Hell, not even sure how "losing its light" happens.
So, what Isumi has been doing in purifying them is restoring their light, as I interpret things. As to how they lose their light, I would presume constant exposure to negative emotions, starting with greed, envy, gluttony, etc.

Old 2013-12-20, 20:28   Link #9820
GlassesLady
dat apple

Something I keep forgetting to mention: I really like the contrast between Ruka and Nagi's take on what the plastic mask means, and by extension their feelings for Hayate. That's probably why those two chapters had similar titles, too.

And now I'm going to vanish for a few months and come back later and have a nice archive binge, because it seems like a good time for that. Toodles!

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
GlassesLady is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen