AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-03-03, 15:11   Link #721
tdx

@darkone45
It's nothing informative, just teasing like what is Eugene saying to Orga as the deputy boss? what will be the conclusion of the fight between McGillis who came to help Isurugi and Gaelio? Mika's expression coupled with Barbie Lupus Rex doesn't make Julietta's chances look good, etc.

So yeah, I agree that Julietta is pretty much dead which will be fitting for an episode titled as "For whom". She's fighting for Rustal who basically threw her under the bus and she's still happy about it. Oh well.

Since Eugene, of all people, is grabbing Orga, the person he admires the most, by the tie and shouting at him, we gotta prepare for Orga being seriously pathetic, I guess. No wonder, considering how he's been falling to pieces under immense strain for some time now, and it was especially visible in the episode of Tekkadan's revenge on Jasley. He gotta pull himself together, asap, and stop worrying about how right or wrong what he's doing is, he has no such luxury anymore, just charge in and hope they can pull through somehow is all that's left to them anymore.
tdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 17:56   Link #722
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post

Since Eugene, of all people, is grabbing Orga, the person he admires the most, by the tie and shouting at him, we gotta prepare for Orga being seriously pathetic, I guess. No wonder, considering how he's been falling to pieces under immense strain for some time now, and it was especially visible in the episode of Tekkadan's revenge on Jasley. He gotta pull himself together, asap, and stop worrying about how right or wrong what he's doing is, he has no such luxury anymore, just charge in and hope they can pull through somehow is all that's left to them anymore.
This actually goes to a scene I noticed in the PV where Eugene is piloting and giving out orders and you can see Orga is leaning against a table or something slightly hunched over like someone lightly gut-punched him. I don't know if this pic takes place before or after that scene, but Eugene is basically taking command as Orga is in shock.

I actually have to admire Eugene here, as he was actually probably closer to Shino than anyone else, the two actually being in most of their scenes together. How he must be secretly hurting and yet is strong enough to push it back in order to keep up command even while his own leader is falling apart. Eugene has been constantly in the background this season, but I'm going to give him his props here. He has a strength to him that isn't always obvious. but it's there.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 20:42   Link #723
darkone45

whats it say for Hush and those guys ? they seem to be a focus for the next ep.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-03, 22:55   Link #724
Irenesharda

Okay, don't look now, but it seems like episode 47's Preview was leaked early, and indeed Tekkadan somehow retreated from the action.

Pictures of it are below, look at it at your own risk:
Spoiler for episode 47 pics:

It is indeed titled Sacrifice. However, we can see that both Rustal and Gaelio still live, so how is this going to end?
Nothing of McGillis or his forces, or Julietta....

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-03, 23:06   Link #725
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Okay, don't look now, but it seems like episode 47's Preview was leaked early, and indeed Tekkadan somehow retreated from the action.

It is indeed titled Sacrifice. However, we can see that both Rustal and Gaelio still live, so how is this going to end?
Thank god Kudelia's back (to a degree).....its just so wasteful to leave her hanging off to the side after the amount of time they dedicated to her before
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 00:02   Link #726
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Thank god Kudelia's back (to a degree).....its just so wasteful to leave her hanging off to the side after the amount of time they dedicated to her before
Well of course she's going to be there, they're back on Mars, that was where she was to begin with. I'm not sure if she's going to do much though. She's been in the background for 50% of the second season.

I'm more interested in what happened? Did McGillis and Isurugi get killed? What will Tekkadan do now? The way that Orga has everyone standing out there, I have to wonder if he's actually going to disband Tekkadan in order to protect everyone since they are on the run from the law.

What of Iok, Rustal, Julietta and Gaelio? What about Gjallarhorn? What happened?!

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-04, 01:04   Link #727
Skaddix

Well I just want Orga to stop being an indecisive sad sack and Mika to stop playing with his food.

Kudelia can give a speech.

Rustal and Galieo seem fine.

I hope Mika moped up Julietta. Iok I would guess alive seeing as he was last on the flagship and Rustal is hardly grounding Iok and then giving him multiple lectures just so he can send him out to die pointlessly. That is not to say Rustal would never sacrifice Iok but as the defender of the status quo losing more seven stars pointlessly does him zero favors.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 01:31   Link #728
tdx

Yeah, Julietta is conspicuously absent. McGillis is still alive though, I'm sure. All the Tekkadan guys gathered for Orga's speech about what to do next... I'm a bit bothered with the pic with Merribit because I don't recognize the background...? Did Tekkadan have chairs with blue backrests?

Quote:
The way that Orga has everyone standing out there, I have to wonder if he's actually going to disband Tekkadan in order to protect everyone since they are on the run from the law.
That's a possibility, though I wouldn't have believed it earlier.

As to predictions... what if Mars is going to become the last defense line now. Like, Rustal is going to mount an attack on Tekkadan's own planet now to crush them and the traitors of Martian GH branch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
Yeah, thanks goodness! And she's out of that terrible official-esque outfit and into some normal clothes, hurray! Now I'm praying they'll give her something to do other than worrying sick about Mika, being Atra's love confidant and feeling useless. Don't make her sneak around the hallways of the base, just let her talk to Orga already, to the other 4 high ranked guys we see in those pics, have a meaningful discussion with those in charge, for Christ's sake! Am I asking too much?

Quote:
This actually goes to a scene I noticed in the PV where Eugene is piloting and giving out orders and you can see Orga is leaning against a table or something slightly hunched over like someone lightly gut-punched him. I don't know if this pic takes place before or after that scene, but Eugene is basically taking command as Orga is in shock.

I actually have to admire Eugene here, as he was actually probably closer to Shino than anyone else, the two actually being in most of their scenes together. How he must be secretly hurting and yet is strong enough to push it back in order to keep up command even while his own leader is falling apart. Eugene has been constantly in the background this season, but I'm going to give him his props here. He has a strength to him that isn't always obvious. but it's there.
I like the take of Hosoya and Kawanishi in one of their interviews that with Biscuit's death Orga lost the only confidant he could show his doubts and insecurities to, the not "cool Orga Itsuka". He desperately needs it but obviously can't show them to his men due to his leader position, and the only other person who is close to him and could be that kind of confidant is Mika. Except when Orga's composure failed him and he ended up showing those cracks to Mika, Mika either physically manhandled him into shutting it all inside and putting up a front (the creepy scene in the aftermath of Biscuit's death), manhandled him into it with words (the scene in episode 37 in the aftermath of the MA incident) or just walked out on him (on the train before Carta came). Figures, I guess, because how can you expect a guy who's been living suppressing and killing his emotions to help someone else deal with theirs. Since then, Orga forced himself to always keep all of his doubts locked inside, desperately forcing himself to believe in the facade he's been putting up, that's why he got so worked up when Naze poked at it.

It's sort of interesting how Eugene and Orga seemed to switch roles right now: Eugene resembles the s1 Orga, with the corresponding confidence, strength and decisiveness (naturally, since he's been diligently and inspiredly imitating Orga for quite some time now), while Orga right now isn't unlike Eugene at the beginning when he panicked, doubted and hesitated (particularly obvious in the very first battle in episodes 1&2).

I like it how Eugene finally figured out in his last talk with Shino just what kind of harsh pressure Tekkadan unwittingly put on their leader, that's definite character development right there, only it took him too long. If he'd stopped being just another obedient yesman earlier, it would've been much easier on Orga. Now I'm afraid Eugene will be showing his growth and newfound resolve by dying somewhere along the line...

Well, in any case, until Orga can pull himself together, I'm praying he stays away from his Shiden for the foreseeable future, because with his current mentality, going into the field is pretty much the death sentence.
Old 2017-03-04, 01:58   Link #729
Irenesharda

Quote:

It also seems that McGillis is the one to do the preview. He asks Agnika for guidance in regards to sacrifice. Specifically this: 「生贄。そう簡単には手に入らないか…お前はどうだった?アグニカ・カイエル」

It looks like McGillis is the one who will be sacrificing himself. For his cause, for Tekkadan, both?
We'll have to see.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-03-04 at 04:09.
Old 2017-03-04, 03:17   Link #730
Knight_SV

it seems tekkadan and mcgillis faction lose the battle. it obvious, mcg didn't have backup plan at all if the rest of seven stars didn't want to stand with him
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 03:58   Link #731
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight_SV View Post
it seems tekkadan and mcgillis faction lose the battle. it obvious, mcg didn't have backup plan at all if the rest of seven stars didn't want to stand with him
I seriously doubt they would have anyway. He's challenging their set way of living, why would they want to change that?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-04, 04:34   Link #732
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
It also seems that McGillis is the one to do the preview. He asks Agnika for guidance in regards to sacrifice. Specifically this: 「生贄。そう簡単には手に入らないか…お前はどうだった?アグニカ・カイエル」

It looks like McGillis is the one who will be sacrificing himself. For his cause, for Tekkadan, both?
We'll have to see.
If that turns out to be true, then the guy was the real deal after all.

Quote:
I seriously doubt they would have anyway. He's challenging their set way of living, why would they want to change that?
Assuming McGillis' plan went accordingly, they might have little choice. Currently their legitimacy comes from the old Gjallahorn laws anyways, which says that these people have power because their descendants of the saviors of humanity. Those same laws mentioned that whoever successfully resurrects and pilots Bael will be the ultimate ruler, an act that many have tried and failed. McGillis did have a coup but the relatively small number of violence will minimize the damage to of that aspect of him. Those who truly believe in Gjallahorn's laws over loyalty to a specific lord would be more inclined to do so.

There would be a constitutional crisis where the Seven Stars would be seen to be publically picking and choosing which one of their laws want to apply and which one doesn't. Allying with McGillis means allying with the very concept that gave them power in the first place - the Gjallahorn constitution. To deny or question the Bael clause is to also deny the other clauses as well and made more people think on whether the Gjallahorn clauses as they are now is even appropriate, a thinking that has already becoming more widespread due to Season 1. More people and those from the lower levels will start seeing the hypocracy of the Seven Stars.

Not everybody will obey but there will likely be more that would have Obie's than they did in the current situation, where many stayed neutral despite McGillis' revealed crimes. This as McGillis said would help in the battle against Arionhod.

Standing with McGillis would have meant standing with the current system legally and symbolically even if it won't be the case practically due to his more liberal political leanings. McGillis assassination attempts gave them enough reason to not support him in the battle even if he is legally the leader, allowing them to be more reasonable in the eyes of everybody else aside from "I don't want to lose my current powers" reasons.

McGillis problem is really that a supposedly assassinated Gaelio came back to life and revealed his murder attempt and then added some stuff like Carta onto it. A quick small coup in the capital to attempt an Excalibur is one thing, an assassination attempt of a future house head is something else. And Gaelio of course added Carta and Iznario in there as well, despite the former dying by literally doing what she wanted to do anyways, no special traps needed.

Moral of the story folks, radio silence is golden. So is tripple tapping. Especially if you're going to leave a billion dollar military machine with voice and video recorders mostly intact.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-03-04 at 05:53.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 06:03   Link #733
Irenesharda

Some one also noted that neither Atra nor Delma are in the PV either. Atra could be in the back, but I am worried that Delma is not in the group shot with the rest of his usual hangout group.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkone45 View Post
Anyone Notice how the PV is in the sun set just like in the Op ? I guess we all know who the sacrifice is
I think there will be sacrifices all around. I think Orga is going to either disband Tekkadan or something with that kind of effect. However, I think the Tekkadan boys are too loyal to just leave (well, except for Zack) so, even if he does, they will still stay with him because they are family. But they are willing to sacrifice a lot to stay alive and stay with each other. Either that, or he and his group are being chased to Mars where they will make their final stand. Orga will give a speech similar to the one he did near the end of the first season and that they will live or die together, or something like that.

McGillis and his faction are going to make some sacrifices too, whatever happened, his plan ultimately failed at least as it is. Either Rustal has arrested him, Gaelio killed him, or he sacrificed himself. We see no trace of him in the PV, so I have to think he hasn't been arrested. So, either he was killed (or faked his death), we'll have to see what sacrifice he makes. Some are thinking that he perhaps knows that he failed and so will leave his hopes and wishes with Mika, who is so like his hero.
With this also, I have to think Rustal is going to continue to be our final villain, along with wherever Iok got to and whether Julietta is alive or not. Gaelio on the other hand is up in the air. It all depends on how long he decides he wants to stay with Rustal after this.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-03-04 at 06:19.
Old 2017-03-04, 06:41   Link #734
darkone45

Quote:
I think there will be sacrifices all around. I think Orga is going to either disband Tekkadan or something with that kind of effect. However, I think the Tekkadan boys are too loyal to just leave (well, except for Zack) so, even if he does, they will still stay with him because they are family. But they are willing to sacrifice a lot to stay alive and stay with each other. Either that, or he and his group are being chased to Mars where they will make their final stand. Orga will give a speech similar to the one he did near the end of the first season and that they will live or die together, or something like that.

Zack has been strange case lately in the fact his asking a lot of question, but he should have known what he was getting himself into when he joined tekkadan.
darkone45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-04, 07:02   Link #735
tdx

Atra has no business being anywhere where it's not a kitchen or Mika's side, so I'm sure she's OK, especially with the plot armor of Mika's child bearer, maybe simply crying on Kudelia's shoulder again somewhere.

My money was on Derma as an obligatory victim among ex-Human Debris since Aston. Especially with him saying something along the lines that Rodis are like coffins to Human Debris. Though I doubt his death will have sufficient impact right after Shino's epic and fruitless one.

Also, I wonder if Isurugi is OK or not.

As to McGillis entrusting his wishes with Mika, well, Mika doesn't care about those wishes any. We don't know nearly enough about Agnika, but he probably believed and fought for the noble cause of saving humanity. Mika has no such noble causes. He fights solely for Orga and Orga's dream. Sometimes also for those he (and Orga) considers comrades in between fighting for Orga. That's it. He's not trying to save anyone and isn't going to suddenly start. So McGillis' wishes would be very misplaced if left with Mika, that's why I don't think it will be the case.
Old 2017-03-04, 07:22   Link #736
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdx View Post
Atra has no business being anywhere where it's not a kitchen or Mika's side, so I'm sure she's OK, especially with the plot armor of Mika's child bearer, maybe simply crying on Kudelia's shoulder again somewhere.
Somehow this statement sounds really sexist, even though I know what you meant. Poor Atra, always relegated to the kitchen.

But in all seriousness though, I think she should be out there with the other members during the speech. More than even Kudelia, she's an official member of Tekkadan along with Merribit. Their futures are at stake here too.

Quote:
Also, I wonder if Isurugi is OK or not.
I'm not sure, I would think that Isurugi would sacrifice himself before he would let McGillis do so. I have no doubt he would sacrifice his life for the cause. I have to guess, like McGillis, he is either dead, captured, or on the run.

Quote:
As to McGillis entrusting his wishes with Mika, well, Mika doesn't care about those wishes any. We don't know nearly enough about Agnika, but he probably believed and fought for the noble cause of saving humanity. Mika has no such noble causes. He fights solely for Orga and Orga's dream. Sometimes also for those he (and Orga) considers comrades in between fighting for Orga. That's it. He's not trying to save anyone and isn't going to suddenly start. So McGillis' wishes would be very misplaced if left with Mika, that's why I don't think it will be the case.
I guess I should say, less Mika, and moreso Tekkadan. Mika of course carries the spirit of his hero, but he has also admired Tekkadan as a whole. And he has constantly thought that there is more to them, and they can be more than even they themselves see. While different form his original plan, people like Tekkadan could spark change, especially if they have people like Kudelia helping them (hopefully ).

I actually got a feeling that McGillis might sacrifice himself back when he was talking to Amiria. Just something in his words sounded like a goodbye.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-05, 01:16   Link #737
tdx

Quote:
Somehow this statement sounds really sexist, even though I know what you meant. Poor Atra, always relegated to the kitchen.

But in all seriousness though, I think she should be out there with the other members during the speech. More than even Kudelia, she's an official member of Tekkadan along with Merribit. Their futures are at stake here too.
Blame the show In s1 Atra's interactions included people other than Mika and Kudelia, were meaningful, she demonstrated care for other members, be it Biscuit or nameless kids, and in Dorts and during the last attack she showed there was more to her than just her affections for Mika. In s2 though she, and even Kudelia, feel little more than Mika attachments. For Kudelia I still have some hope, but the show made me give up on seeing anything non-Mika or cooking related from Atra, alas.

Maybe she is, just somewhere by Mika's side and we simply weren't shown that.
Quote:
I guess I should say, less Mika, and moreso Tekkadan. Mika of course carries the spirit of his hero, but he has also admired Tekkadan as a whole. And he has constantly thought that there is more to them, and they can be more than even they themselves see. While different form his original plan, people like Tekkadan could spark change, especially if they have people like Kudelia helping them (hopefully ).

I actually got a feeling that McGillis might sacrifice himself back when he was talking to Amiria. Just something in his words sounded like a goodbye.
That's a huge and seemingly pretty hopeless gambit with Tekkadan, considering that they never particularly cared about actively bettering the world, and even if Orga started giving a damn about that (still definitely not his first priority), after this failure Tekkadan's very survival is very much up in the air... not to mention no means of political/economical influence of their own (only what Kudelia has, and Kudelia, while definitely an ally, isn'i exactly Tekkadan).

Well, all in all, I think we all can agree that the final battle wasn't exactly final at all.

Btw, since the trip from Earth to Mars is at least 2-3 weeks, and all the Tekkadan members were on their sole surviving ship all the time, why wait till they get to Mars to have crucial leader meetings?

p.s. Based on the additional pics from twitter, Derma really might be a goner.
Old 2017-03-05, 02:59   Link #738
~BC~

I wonder if Orga didn't just take the "smart" option Rustal talked about and surrendered. Seems too late for them to retreat (something he seriously considered despite the fact it'd be betraying McGillis). Guy is at his wits end. I'm also not so sure Rustal would just shoot them down if they did. Tekkadan are still somewhat celebrated, so he mighy want to avoid the bad press of slaughtering children.

Anyway, don't think I'm going to put myself through a crappy stream today.
~BC~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-05, 04:01   Link #739
Irenesharda

No surrender, but they do retreat back to Mars. Rustal and his forces follow and Rustal already plans ahead by buying out the commander of the Gjallarhorn forces on Mars.

It looks like Mars shall be their last stand, for both McGillis and Tekkadan.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2017-03-05, 05:19   Link #740
FerrusManus

Quote:
No surrender, but they do retreat back to Mars. Rustal and his forces follow and Rustal already plans ahead by buying out the commander of the Gjallarhorn forces on Mars.

It looks like Mars shall be their last stand, for both McGillis and Tekkadan.
I have a feeling that this is where Kudelia has her chance to shine. Maybe she is able to sway the commander not to side with Rustal.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote