AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2006-06-29, 07:45   Link #21
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

i have not bought a PS2 game in about 1-1/2 years.

i will buy meltyblood cadenza next month though.

i do buy a gamecube game every 2-3months or so still.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 07:55   Link #22
zeeke
I will eat your cookies!!

Send a message via ICQ to zeeke Send a message via MSN to zeeke
i usualy download and burn a ps2 game even if it may be illeagal.. ^^ thats life.
zeeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 09:30   Link #23
Benoit
Bishoujo Game Enthusiast

Quote:
PS2 has gaming!
And guess what?
I'm a huge Nintendo fan.
They do stand for gaming.
But so did the PS2.
No... Sony just wants to put a multimedia device in your home. If it really stood for gaming, would there have been a DVD player in there? Many bought the PS2 not because it was a gaming console, but because it could play DVDs. That it could play games was just a nice extra to them. Of course, plenty of people bought it for games too, but that came later, when the PS2 actually had games that were worth it.
Quote:
Nevermind creating a rock solid console for developers to be able to go completely wild and actually generate sales.
Rock solid console? The PS2? What a joke. After a couple of years, it stops working properly. You won't be hard-pressed to find people who have owned at least two PS2s.
Ability for developers to go completely wild? You must not have been paying attention years ago when many developers were having trouble with the PS2 because it was a bitch to program for, and Sony didn't offer them any help.
The only reason the PS2 sold was because of its DVD player and big hype. Where there's a market, the developers follow.
Quote:
i usualy download and burn a ps2 game even if it may be illeagal.. ^^ thats life.
Please remove yourself from the gene pool.
Benoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-29, 09:50   Link #24
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

my PS2 is the original japanese 1000 model. still going.

but i have had like 6 original PSX's. they died alot. and i have heard of peoples PS2 drives failing.
Old 2006-06-29, 10:28   Link #25
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoit
No... Sony just wants to put a multimedia device in your home. If it really stood for gaming, would there have been a DVD player in there? Many bought the PS2 not because it was a gaming console, but because it could play DVDs. That it could play games was just a nice extra to them. Of course, plenty of people bought it for games too, but that came later, when the PS2 actually had games that were worth it.

Rock solid console? The PS2? What a joke. After a couple of years, it stops working properly. You won't be hard-pressed to find people who have owned at least two PS2s.
Ability for developers to go completely wild? You must not have been paying attention years ago when many developers were having trouble with the PS2 because it was a bitch to program for, and Sony didn't offer them any help.
The only reason the PS2 sold was because of its DVD player and big hype. Where there's a market, the developers follow.
I won't say that ps2 sold dvd's, but I will say it helped. A lot.
And yeah, I remember it. I was more or less refering to the ps3, but then again I don't know enough about it, I just go where the games are really.
The only thing I know about the ps3, specifically, is that sony currently has their foot in their mouth

But it wasn't my point. The Wii (and DS, as far as I understand it) isn't exactly "for gaming" either. Nor is the 360 (but I must admit, XBL Arcade/Market and everything surrounding it was a pretty good idea). Heaven forbid, though, a company does things for profit.
Edit : err, I forgot to say my point. x.x
The point is, that developers are the only ones "for" gaming.

Last edited by SpecterVR; 2006-06-29 at 11:22.
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-30, 03:19   Link #26
Akeval

Send a message via AIM to Akeval
And along with benoits point, are they not trying to take over the movie industry with their UMDs? you call them gamers? i call them fakes. While you may think i stand for nintendo, honestly i dont care about nintendo, its just that nintendo sticks with one thing, and only one, Games.
Old 2006-06-30, 03:53   Link #27
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

forget that UMD garbage. remember mini disc players? exactly.
Old 2006-06-30, 06:02   Link #28
SpecterVR
Calming Everyday Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akeval
And along with benoits point, are they not trying to take over the movie industry with their UMDs? you call them gamers? i call them fakes. While you may think i stand for nintendo, honestly i dont care about nintendo, its just that nintendo sticks with one thing, and only one, Games.
Teeheehee...If they are tryin then they are failing miserably.
I call them hardware and electronic developers/companies. You should to. Its what they are, for the record.

Off topic much though.
SpecterVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-07-01, 23:25   Link #29
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
OK obviously some people aren't as pumped about the PS3 as I am. Have your 360's, and enjoy them! I personally don't really care for most of the games available for either of the Xbox's. Thank you but I like to play my FPS's with a mouse and keyboard. I don't like their focus on internet multiplayer (especially charging you a monthly fee) mainly because my internet connection isn't stable enough for internet gaming. And I don't like their controllers, so I'll just stick to my Playstation.
I have a feeling that most of you are the same people who would also beat me for having a mac (while wearing an animal skin toga and yelling "GUNGA! MAC BAAAD!" )

Personally I'm psyched about Guitar Hero 2. I'm addicted to Guitar Hero, I'v only had it for about a week or two but I'm having so much fun. Currently I'm just starting on hard difficulty, and man is that hard. By the time 2 comes out though I should be well on my way to Expert (hopefully...)
I would also probably be psyched on a lot of RPG's that are coming up if I stayed current with RPG's. Or actually managed to finish playing a couple of the ones I already own (anyone remember Baldurs Gate? Yah I still haven't finished it. How about Chrono Cross? Haven't finished that! Kingdom Hearts? I'm close! Secret of Mana? Yup you guessed it...)