AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2004-05-05, 14:48   Link #1
vincentcloud

Chrno Crusade - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Chrno Crusade anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Chrno Crusade which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Ok I have been watching Chrno Crusade since the begging and now I am confused. With the revelations in the past 5 or so episodes I am begging to understand less. I dont get what the head of pandemonuim has to do with anything. I know that is kept the light out of pandemonuim but that was all. And is Rossette just evil because her justice revenge deal. Lastly why did Aion rip off his horns, for him to transform does he have to have a contract with a person. Maybe its with Rossette because she has the power of God. Could someone maybe clarify it.

Last edited by xris; 2007-11-20 at 17:52. Reason: Added thread guidelines
vincentcloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 16:32   Link #2
suires
たこ焼き名人

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincentcloud
Ok I have been watching Chrno Crusade since the begging and now I am confused. With the revelations in the past 5 or so episodes I am begging to understand less. I dont get what the head of pandemonuim has to do with anything. I know that is kept the light out of pandemonuim but that was all. And is Rossette just evil because her justice revenge deal. Lastly why did Aion rip off his horns, for him to transform does he have to have a contract with a person. Maybe its with Rossette because she has the power of God. Could someone maybe clarify it.
just want to let you know. you are not alone. I am a bit confused myself. i think that's why we need to continue watching.
suires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-05, 16:40   Link #3
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by suires
just want to let you know. you are not alone. I am a bit confused myself. i think that's why we need to continue watching.
i acually know the answer to that, and everything will be exsplaned in the next 2 episodes... so just hold on to youe questions till then
xxziggybitsxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-05-06, 16:44   Link #4
Maes Hughes
~Nyan Nyan~

Send a message via MSN to Maes Hughes
Chrno Crusade Questions

I've watched up to episode 21, but I still don't understand some key parts of the story. I thought I'd put up a few questions so some nice people could help me out. =P

#1 - What exactly is "Pandemonium's head"?
I thought at first it was the head of the leader of the demons, but how could you put back someone's head once you take it off, heck how could it come back to life?

#2 - How does Aion use his powers still without his horns or a human to drain life off?

#3 - How do some demons use their powers in human form?

#4 - What is a "Saint"?

#5 - What is Aion's plot exactly?

#6 - What is the "Ceremony of Atonement"?
It was something to do with awaking Rosette, so I guess the answer is in the question above.

Last edited by Maes Hughes; 2004-05-06 at 17:09.
Maes Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-16, 19:29   Link #5
Oh(n)nO

wondring

well they took most of the char's form the bible so i was wondring who is who
may be i;m taking the anime to seriely but i think they did do some RC in to it.

so my question is besicly who is for instans Satella or wellinton

of this was already asked sorry i just coundt find it or i;m juist bild.
Oh(n)nO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 11:41   Link #6
ColeDow

Question about the title spelling "Chrno"

Why is it spelled Chrno instead of Chrono? Someone told me that Square had the rights to Chrono or something but I couldn'd find anything on it.

Thanks
ColeDow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 12:08   Link #7
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Pretty much it's that way, they couldn't get the rights to use "Chrono" in the title and therefor forced to shorten it to Chrno. ADV, on the other hand, recieved the rights to use "Chrono" in their title and thus is now calling it that way in both their anime and manga releases.
DarkCntry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 15:07   Link #8
SinnerChrno
Maverick Hunter

I figured the reason was the creator just plain wanted Chrno to be named that way. *shrugs*
SinnerChrno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 20:00   Link #9
stupidbaka

is chrno crusade, "chrno" spelt right?

Since I cant read japanese I was just wondering if its actually like that. Wouldnt it be something like Chrono or even Kuruno..?
stupidbaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 20:32   Link #10
Kensuke

Yes, I quess the ADV feared that people would call to them that they make spelling mistake in the title, so they renamed the series and the character from "Chrno" to "Chrono".
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 20:43   Link #11
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Taken from License Page - "Apparently using Chrono in the name caused trademark issues in Japan, but not in US, so title used in US is actually the intended title."
Oujirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 21:10   Link #12
Kensuke

Heh, I didn't know that. But its kind of funny that word chrono was copyrighted (or something like that) in Japan, but not in the U.S.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-01, 21:18   Link #13
Oujirou
イルージョン

Send a message via MSN to Oujirou
Chrono Cross was made in Japan right? Or it was Chrono...something, it was a game that's all I know ^_^ maybe that's why?
Oujirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 00:53   Link #14
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oujirou
Chrono Cross was made in Japan right? Or it was Chrono...something, it was a game that's all I know ^_^ maybe that's why?
Chrono is derived from the name "Chronos", who was one of the elder greek gods (Zeus' father) and was apparently a time god (thus "chrono"logical, etc) so his name came to mean time, and Chrno or "Chrono" in Chrono Crusade/Trigger/Cross also has to do with time and time travel (His name and the hourglass around Rosette's neck are a dead giveaway)
Kyuven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-02, 02:15   Link #15
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Chrno had the power to stop time, Kronus had the ability to affect the flow of time. Kronus was also a Greek Titan, which precedes the Gods of Olympus.

The Chrono part of each of these titles are pertaining to the matter in which time is affected..Trigger and Cross are similar in themes, Crusade is a bit different. Aion had the power to accelerate time, Chrno was his mirror in the ability to stop time.

As for the name itself, yes, there was a copyright issue that forced them to name him Chrno, however ADV scored the rights to return him to his original name, Chrono.
Old 2004-09-03, 11:50   Link #16
Mashimaro
q8D

I think it was purposely spelt like that without the o. Chrno and Aion
Spoiler:
Mashimaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 15:38   Link #17
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Aeon
1. An immeasurable or infinite space of time; eternity; a long space of time; an age.
Gotta love a dictionairy
Fei-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-18, 08:30   Link #18
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Azmaria or Asmaria?

I'm confused...

She's called Azmaria in the Anime, Wikipedia and several sources..
but in the Manga (german version) shes calles Asmaria

So what is her correct name in the original Manga?
Ichy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 06:12   Link #19
darklord of anime
future ruler of all anime

Send a message via AIM to darklord of anime Send a message via Yahoo to darklord of anime
asmaria in the manga.
darklord of anime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-23, 05:48   Link #20
¤ Naruto ¤
Kage Bunshin No Jutsu

Azmaria in the Anime.
Asmaria in the Manga.
¤ Naruto ¤ is offline   Reply With Quote