AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-02, 20:16   Link #21
Wandering Soul

The first episode shows how strongly the captain feels about badminton ,but doesn't do much to make her or any of the other characters likable. I just came out of this feeling sorry for prodigy girl, since even her best friend seems to be pretty insensitive towards her feelings by continuing to push her towards joining a club she clearly doesn't want to be part of. I get that they have to bully the poor girl into joining so we can have an anime, but it would be nice if someone tried to respect her wishes.
Old 2018-07-03, 08:38   Link #22
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched first episode:

Must be traumatic to be 21-0 against someone at a high level event, but her mistake is venting anger on others.. she nearly destroyed the badminton club!

Good enough start. Will be watching this.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-03, 12:05   Link #23
SidVicious
Anime addict

Better than what I expected.
Old 2018-07-03, 22:10   Link #24
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I just came out of this feeling sorry for prodigy girl, since even her best friend seems to be pretty insensitive towards her feelings by continuing to push her towards joining a club she clearly doesn't want to be part of. I get that they have to bully the poor girl into joining so we can have an anime, but it would be nice if someone tried to respect her wishes.
The one thing you have to consider is that Elena probably knows why Ayano stopped playing and probably think she needs this in order to overcome whatever issues she's struggling with.
Old 2018-07-04, 08:03   Link #25
ScrewySquirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
The first episode shows how strongly the captain feels about badminton ,but doesn't do much to make her or any of the other characters likable. I just came out of this feeling sorry for prodigy girl, since even her best friend seems to be pretty insensitive towards her feelings by continuing to push her towards joining a club she clearly doesn't want to be part of. I get that they have to bully the poor girl into joining so we can have an anime, but it would be nice if someone tried to respect her wishes.
Prodigy who has trauma surrounding her sport who is bullied into rejoining?

Miho Nishizumi, is that you?
ScrewySquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 08:55   Link #26
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post

Nah, in this sense Ayano reminds Tamaki from Bamboo Blade much more. Looks like that series is to old already for some residents here
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 09:24   Link #27
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewySquirrel View Post

Reminds me of Miho too. Except this time the sport is badminton, not tank fighting.

Waiting for next week.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 10:59   Link #28
wuhugm
Confused Shark

The main heroine is the blandest one, passed
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-04, 14:50   Link #29
Psyco Diver

I was a pretty fast distance runner back in high school (best Mike was 6:38) and have had people completely dominate me but that never stopped me, it was just a loss. I really don't understand the heroine. Heck my school had one of the best wrestlers in the tri-state area, when he got wrecked at nationals he still got back out there
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 02:02   Link #30
Ryuuoh DeltaPlus
A Random Lurker

Badminton is one of the very few sports that I enjoyed playing, so after I learned this is an anime about badminton I decided to pick it up to see if it's good (I've never been an avid viewer of sports-type anime). So far I'm very interested in it. The visuals are top-notch and I'm enjoying the character dynamics presented here.
Old 2018-07-05, 19:07   Link #31
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

i really liked the first ep. art is great, and the stage is set for redemption on two fronts.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 20:01   Link #32
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
i really liked the first ep. art is great, and the stage is set for redemption on two fronts.
Nagisa needs to redeem herself from being a massive bitch. But I don't think Ayano needs to redeem herself from anything. Poor girl didn't do anything wrong.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2018-07-06 at 00:59.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-05, 20:46   Link #33
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Nagisa needs to redeem herself from being massive bitch. But I don't think Ayano needs to redeem herself from anything. Poor girl didn't do anything wrong.
Yeah honestly the only people that need to redeem themselves is Nagisa for how she's been behaving...and honestly her friend for enabling her. Though the enabling kind of came from all around including the club supervisor...
Old 2018-07-05, 21:42   Link #34
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Nagisa needs to redeem herself from being massive bitch. But I don't think Ayano needs to redeem herself from anything. Poor girl didn't do anything wrong.
Agreed. Ayano has been doing nothing, but trying to enjoy her school life. Nagisa does to have to make it up to her teammates for her attitude towards them.
Old 2018-07-06, 23:43   Link #35
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Quote:
Nagisa needs to redeem herself from being a massive bitch. But I don't think Ayano needs to redeem herself from anything. Poor girl didn't do anything wrong.
i don't mean Ayano needs to redeem herself because she did something terrible and needs to make up for it. just that she's just going to rise again as a top tier player and beat her old coach's new prodigy.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-07, 20:38   Link #36
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

After watching Welcome to the Ballroom all bets are off when it comes to sports anime

Show looks gorgeous and handles 2D to 3D transitions better than most shows. This will be my sports fix for the season.

The show makes it easy enough to see why the captain has such a complex against the other girl. I mean...damn, she got blown out in their match and sees she can handle tennis just as well, if not better than the all star on the boys team. It's your classic hard worker (Vegeta) vs the prodigy (Goku).
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 12:00   Link #37
bakato

Another gorgeous episode resolving Aragaki's slump. The new coach shows his stuff by exorcising her demons. Now all we need is more Ayano, but her issues seem to be more deeply rooted in her childhood so it's probably gonna take some time. I hope there's no romance with the coach.
Old 2018-07-08, 13:40   Link #38
EroKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I hope there's no romance with the coach.
After this episode, I wouldn't mind seeing doujins of him smashing the heck out of Nagisa

God, her boobs are glorious when they bounce
Old 2018-07-08, 14:12   Link #39
drawr

Coach was an MVP this episode. I'm glad he's not just around for annoying "lol molester" "comedy". Aragaki is cute when she blushes.
drawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-08, 14:25   Link #40
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by drawr View Post
Coach was an MVP this episode. I'm glad he's not just around for annoying "lol molester" "comedy". Aragaki is cute when she blushes.
Yeah. I just read a couple of chapters of the manga and I'm all for the changes they made, especially with the coach.

Tags
badminton, drama, sports