AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2011-11-30, 09:38   Link #401
sneaker

I don't know where to start...

1. dss2 does not have any "timecodes" parameter, it can not extract timecodes
2. transport streams are directly captured from the constant framerate broadcast, they are not "truly" VFR (yet), so you don't have to extract the timecodes at that time.
3. ffmpegsource can make problems with TS sources. (in case you wanna try it for extracting timecodes, be warned.)
4. Your error code does not match the script you posted
5. On todays shows you don't need to deinterlace, but to inverse telecine (IVTC), check your source if that is the case! VFR is created if you have some parts that are truly interlaced and some, that are telecined. The timecodes have to be created at the point where you deinterlace/IVTC (google YATTA etc.).
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 10:20   Link #402
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

thank you SIR x3

Edit:
The only reason why i attempted to de-interlace it was because it said that it was an interlaced source in Media Info

Last edited by DreGon45; 2011-11-30 at 10:39.
DreGon45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 10:50   Link #403
sneaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
The only reason why i attempted to de-interlace it was because it said that it was an interlaced source in Media Info
MediaInfo will only read the flags/how it was encoded. For Japan that is probably always interlaced 30 frames (60 fields) per second.
But that may only be for broadcasting, hence you have to visually examine the content to find out its original form(film, interlaced, hybrid ...). That is the first step, after that you can decide what filters to use and whether to create a CFR or a VFR file.
Old 2011-11-30, 11:12   Link #404
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
MediaInfo will only read the flags/how it was encoded. For Japan that is probably always interlaced 30 frames (60 fields) per second.
But that may only be for broadcasting, hence you have to visually examine the content to find out its original form(film, interlaced, hybrid ...). That is the first step, after that you can decide what filters to use and whether to create a CFR or a VFR file.
So could I produce a VFR then with this 'Yatta' of yours.

I'm not really doing this for a specific purpose, mainly just too improve my own encoding skills.
Old 2011-11-30, 11:58   Link #405
sneaker

First you need an understanding of what VFR is, start by reading these:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...87&postcount=1 (or rather read the complete thread, on page 19 Mentar explains a bit about YATTA)
http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/VFR

After that, I can't really help you. If you have specific questions someone will probably answer, if you ask here, but I don't think there's any "VFR for dummies" out there.
Also read up on the difference between mere interlacing and telecining. Without understand these two, you will never be able to do anything properly.
Old 2011-11-30, 16:10   Link #406
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

If you have a .ts raw the entire concept of VFR is literally completely useless to you unless and until you actually fully and truly understand IVTC and why hybrid material looks like it does. Since it is very clear that you currently do not understand that, I suggest you do a lot of homework first and come back in a month or so. We will know if you have understood or not.

Regardless, the OP of this thread is mostly useless now. It was written before anyone had access to .ts raws and the part about how to handle hybrid material was deliberately left out since it only pertained to DVD's, and at the time of writing, this forum had a tendency to ban you if you even thought about encoding from a DVD.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 16:45   Link #407
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

So once I finally understand, do I come back here or try to continue on my own?
Old 2011-11-30, 18:21   Link #408
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
So once I finally understand, do I come back here or try to continue on my own?
I'm just sayin', there's no point in trying to understand VFR without first understanding the very basic reasons as to why it exists in the first place. I'm not opposed to answering questions, I'm just not going to bother typing out answers that you're not going to understand anyway. I'm not going to type out yet another essay about IVTC, nor something about babby's first Avisynth script either, there are plenty of good sources out there for learning about those.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-30, 19:42   Link #409
DreGon45
Rouge Encoder

No I completely understand. The only thing I really need this site for is more in-depth explanations for things I may not understand, that's all I really need.