Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2022-05-07, 23:47   Link #601
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
I figured as much... but I loved every aspect of the story, personally. Because I found the anime really complex, rereading the dialogue in manga form helped me understand situations a lot better.
For me it's a proof of what people see in a series.

Oh yeah, glad to see Mini
Old 2022-05-08, 06:00   Link #602
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewR5D4 View Post
Yaemori trying to get Kazuya together with the girl who ghosted him for 3 months... What a terrible way to help someone. She should've taken him out on a friend date and helped him get his mind off of his misery, then addressed the issue once he was thinking a little more clearly.

Also, the fact that he's been in contact with Ruka and she hasn't done anything to help him out of this sorry state makes me wonder what happened.
I promised to drop this and I did. Fuck the author again for continuing to focus on the 2 pathetic main characters, while the support cast is starving for multi-parter arcs for years now.

So now I will only react according to what I see here or /r manga in the comments till I don't even do that.

First logical question of mine: Did the author forget about the university setting?
I know it only exists for drinking, heck, they are adults only for some drinking scenes. The manga could have evaded a hefty amount of criticisms regarding the lack of IQ behavior of the characters if they were your typical 14-16 years old bunch of pathetic teenagers. Ruka is the proof that not even the rentalgirlfriend job needs you to be an adult. Great writing.

So Kazuya became a shut-in for 3 months, didn't take a shower in the meantime, didn't clean, did nothing just lay on his bed and the university tolerated this? Great writing.

ALL BECAUSE A RENTAL GIRLFRIEND DIDN'T ANSWER HIS TEXT! Great writing.

And somehow, his family, Ruka, or whoever you can imagine, Kibe, Kuri, didn't check on him or forced some family meeting with Chizuru included in the meantime. Great writing.

Last edited by WingedAccelerator; 2022-05-08 at 06:34.
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 10:47   Link #603
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
First logical question of mine: Did the author forget about the university setting?
I know it only exists for drinking, heck, they are adults only for some drinking scenes. The manga could have evaded a hefty amount of criticisms regarding the lack of IQ behavior of the characters if they were your typical 14-16 years old bunch of pathetic teenagers. Ruka is the proof that not even the rentalgirlfriend job needs you to be an adult. Great writing.
It's not just for drinking.

Most high school students still live with their parents, which would make visiting girls and going out quiet awkward (even if parents allowed allowed it, asking for permission or being asked what you're going to do with your money and free time is already awkward). If they're in university, then they can live on their own.

There's also the fact that the school does not have to report anything to their parents if they are skipping class since they are legally adults.

Quote:
So Kazuya became a shut-in for 3 months, didn't take a shower in the meantime, didn't clean, did nothing just lay on his bed and the university tolerated this? Great writing.
Not sure what kind of university you came from, but plenty of universities do not care about or enforce your attendance.

Some passionate professors might care because they geniunely want you to learn, but the university already got your money. If you miss out on class, that's your loss, not theirs. This is not high school.

Quote:
And somehow, his family, Ruka, or whoever you can imagine, Kibe, Kuri, didn't check on him or forced some family meeting with Chizuru included in the meantime. Great writing.
If Kazuya doesn't tell his family, they wouldn't know that he's skipping class in the first place. Universities do not enforce attendance, and students are all legally adults so they are not obligated to report to their family.

I do agree that Ruka and his other friends not checking up on him or at least wondering why he's been MIA for months is unrealistic.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 12:22   Link #604
WingedAccelerator

Ruka defies the first advantage. Her parents are fairly reasonable, but she still could do her rental job and hang out with her friends, while she is more or less absent when she needs to study for tests. So she is not kept on a leash, and frankly majority of the high school students in other works have plenty of freedom as well. My issue is that just like with a lot of things in the work, I barely see it being relevant or used as a pro when it comes to the general talk about the series. I'm not satisfied with surface level arguments that "Finally, the main characters are adults and university students, it's so refreshing. It's different than the standard romcom setting, therefore it's automatically good etc." Then you realize that the setting barely puts anything to the table, because the longer the work went on, the characters de-evolved harder to toddler mental level.

Back in my university, we had to attend for our own good. Only 30% of the lessons per subject could you skip. Going beyond that 30% meant automatic failure of said subject. Not to mention signing up an attendance paper or answering a name call. Even in auditoriums filled with other students. If you fail a subject 3 times total, you are basically kicked from the university and have to start the whole thing over. Of course, failing subject just once or twice already made your university stay longer beyond the estimated 3.5 years to 5 years quickly. Let's add in that there were pair and group projects as well that depends on each student involved. Not just passionate professors exist, passionate students as well that looks after wimps like Kazuya. If they notice he is missing or close to failing a subject because of his missing attendance, they surely try to make contact with him or anything. In my university, the professors oftent sent us the lecture via e-mail afterwards, so the specific group, them, and the studens were aware of at least one contact chance if they wanted to reach a students or make the courtesy reminders that a test is coming and gave out the instructions.

But we don't even know what Kazuya majors in, or do we? He never studied for anything, never had to make reports, and just watch there won't be any punishment for him casually missing 3 months from university even if it was his stupid choice. That's how much the setting and the support characters matter.

And by family, I meant grandma calling him that since he is dating Chizuru and everything, how about a family outing again? A dinner? Anything works. Because right now not only Kazuya has been MIA for months, Chizuru as well for them.
Old 2022-05-08, 17:50   Link #605
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Quote:
But we don't even know what Kazuya majors in, or do we? He never studied for anything, never had to make reports, and just watch there won't be any punishment for him casually missing 3 months from university even if it was his stupid choice. That's how much the setting and the support characters matter.
The mangaka never went to college, so... there's that.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-08, 21:11   Link #606
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Not sure what kind of university you came from, but plenty of universities do not care about or enforce your attendance.

Some passionate professors might care because they geniunely want you to learn, but the university already got your money. If you miss out on class, that's your loss, not theirs. This is not high school.
This is not true.

Universities do care about attendance and graduate ratio as it correlates with their reputation.
Simp-lord maybe just 0.00001% of total students but it doesn't mean he's free from punishment as normally there's procedure to follow if you wanted to not attending classes for months.

Grand Blue, a diving manga, tackled this at one point.
Only students on research allowed to not attending class for months, making the MC jealous but the senpai warned him that he also need to submit paper, follow research commitment guidelines, so its not all happy free time.

One of my past college lecturer even make it clear that whoever got attendance rate below 70% is automatically kicked out from university. If you're on last semester, he's willing to tolerate it but only if you agree to repeat from first semester now with 100% attendance rate until last semester.

Let's say he got permission researching Mizuhara.

Old 2022-05-09, 07:10   Link #607
bastek66

Holy shit, this is pathetic (both Reiji's writing and Carrotzuya character)
Spoiler for 234:
Old 2022-05-09, 08:52   Link #608
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

Who is this even satisfying for at this point? I don't even care the bitch is seeing carrots with Kazuya's face, if you ghost somebody for 3 months it really should be over. But Kaz is the ultimate simp so of course we're going to keep going.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-09, 10:04   Link #609
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
This is not true.

Universities do care about attendance and graduate ratio as it correlates with their reputation.
Simp-lord maybe just 0.00001% of total students but it doesn't mean he's free from punishment as normally there's procedure to follow if you wanted to not attending classes for months.

Grand Blue, a diving manga, tackled this at one point.
Only students on research allowed to not attending class for months, making the MC jealous but the senpai warned him that he also need to submit paper, follow research commitment guidelines, so its not all happy free time.

One of my past college lecturer even make it clear that whoever got attendance rate below 70% is automatically kicked out from university. If you're on last semester, he's willing to tolerate it but only if you agree to repeat from first semester now with 100% attendance rate until last semester.

Let's say he got permission researching Mizuhara.

Your anecdotal experience does not make the opposite untrue. It depends on the class and university.
In my old alma mater they do not care about your attendance as long as you pass your quizzes and exams. There are students who literally never show up to lectures and only appear for exams.

I've also had the personal experience of skipping classes for an entire semester because of clinical depression. No professor or classmate came to check up on me.

Many universities also do not care about one delinquent student as long as the aggregate performance rates are reasonable. If the majority of students are dropping out, then that's a cause for worry. A few students like Kazuya are hardly uncommon.
Old 2022-05-09, 10:58   Link #610
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

> Got clinical depression that no professor visit me

Since when I wrote lecturer have obligation to care about their student well-being.

I got friend who also fell to clinical depression midway due to taxing schedule, and he got his family informed the condition so they gave him a pass; lecturer doesn't care, its up to him and his family if they wanted to continue. Not to mention you just confirmed that both I and Winged were reasonable as well with each of our experience following your performance aggregate reasoning.

There's number to keep and giving a leeway to that without proper exposition can be said not doing research about the setting; works with college student MC usually told there's still a procedure involved or it can be bad for MC future if they keep ignoring it.

Besides, I really don't see what's the point of taking three months absent without any communication as something natural considering what MC do during that three months.
Old 2022-05-09, 11:47   Link #611
Shadow5YA

My point is that the university does not necessarily have an obligation to enforce or care about one student's attendance. The fact that yours did is a privilege. There are plenty of universities and classes where there is no minimum required attendance rate. 0%.

If one student's grades are indirectly affected, then yes, that's the student's loss, not theirs. The university still gets your money.
With Kazuya's case, they've made it clear that money is not a concern for him and neither is his studies. If he takes an extra year to graduate, then that's on him. If he has to catch up on what he missed, that's on him to reach out like you said, not on the university.
Old 2022-05-09, 12:49   Link #612
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Haven't read this manga in a while, but I caught up a little recently. Seeing people talk about this manga is so entertaining, it's actually worth it just for that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
My point is that the university does not necessarily have an obligation to enforce or care about one student's attendance. The fact that yours did is a privilege. There are plenty of universities and classes where there is no minimum required attendance rate. 0%.

If one student's grades are indirectly affected, then yes, that's the student's loss, not theirs. The university still gets your money.
With Kazuya's case, they've made it clear that money is not a concern for him and neither is his studies. If he takes an extra year to graduate, then that's on him. If he has to catch up on what he missed, that's on him to reach out like you said, not on the university.
My uni didn't care if you skipped lectures but if missed a certain amount of the smaller study sessions you were assigned, you couldn't take exams.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-09, 16:38   Link #613
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastek66 View Post
Holy shit, this is pathetic (both Reiji's writing and Carrotzuya character)
Spoiler for 234:
Hope and pray there are some dildo jokes already.
Old 2022-05-10, 04:46   Link #614
AndrewR5D4

I know Kazuya's family and Kibe are garbage, but what about everyone else? Why hasn't Ruka done something to help? Does she just not care as long as Kazuya isn't dating anyone? Kuri and Sumi always seemed supportive, yet it doesn't look like they've bothered visiting him either. At least Mini was away in India to explain why she's unaware of this mess!
AndrewR5D4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 05:50   Link #615
WingedAccelerator

I have said that given grandma's Princess Chizuru fetish, it's utter bullshit how she didn't give a single call to Kazuya to bring Chizuru with him to a visit sometime in the future in 3 months. Not even Chizuru received a single call I assume. Maybe I remember it wrong, but grandma visited them at some point personally too. Guess she is not in the mood.

I'm convinced despite all the sugarcoating from the author, he doesn't care about anyone else except for Chizuru. Why do you think that suddenly, after atrociously wasting 43 + 1 chapters on 3 days in-universe trip, 2 days have passed, then 3 months. All while Kazuya only did a small narration. Ruka is relaxed, because Chizuru didn't make a move. But neither did Ruka. Or she did, but Kazuya de-evolved to saying a single word under his blanket: "Mizuhara" and she let his corpse rot there. Totally absurd including how she wouldn't have tolerated the mess of Kazuya's apartment. She has some wife skills and pride. Oh, and Kazuya didn't break up with her or any outcome either, which he settled on doing once they came back.

But what about Mami? She can just casually pop into Chizuru in university, knows where Kazuya is living and visitied him at least once, Chizuru sent back the question of examining her feelings for Kazuya, and she is not irresponsible to just skip university. Yet, she didn't saw Kazuya in 3 months while supposedly thinking that maybe she really does love him after all this time.

Sumi is the supportive rental girlfriend in case Kazuya needs to torture someone with Chizuru related bullshit even though she likes him as well. Oh, but she has a spin-off for absolutely nothing, and no, just because she is cute, she adds nothing to this universe and story, neither does she improve at a rate where I can see her becoming an idol soon. She is forbidden from entering this manga ever again, minus appearing every 50 chapters, which is now 80ish. Just keep focusing on Chizuru, dear author, fuck the others.

Kibe's business felt unfinished last arc. No proper after-reaction whatsoever, instead Kuri insisted that kiss meant something. But neither Kibe nor Kuri felt the need to check on Kazuya. Hilarious.

Mini was away for only 1 month. Feels right since she was a late, bullshit addition to the cast, so it's not surprising that the made up neighbour is not in touch with Kazuya or Chizuru even with an excuse. Now they need more push, so comes plot device to help them.
Old 2022-05-10, 14:29   Link #616
Johnny
Working the bags...

All in all the characters themselves aren't to blame when it's just garbage writing on Reiji's part. That's why I'm not even bothering with the new manga...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 20:54   Link #617
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Congratulation on getting live-action drama.

I guess the author either got natural talent or a genius, after a successful crowdfunding now this.
Old 2022-05-12, 21:09   Link #618
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Every time people demand this series to end or flop it rewards the author instead lol
Old 2022-05-13, 03:04   Link #619
WingedAccelerator

Not that much of an achievement. In fact, it's surprising that it took so long.

GTO had one, Negima had one, Yankee-kun to Megane-chan had one, Yamada-kun to 7-nin no Majo had one etc. All WSM titles.

Expect 10-12 episodes that will wrap things up quickly, further proving how the author is the king of stalling.
Old 2022-05-14, 22:38   Link #620
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

GFDI, if the new spoilers are true Chizuru's selflessness is beyond toxic and Kazuya doesn't deserves this shit.

Tags
harem, rom com