AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-03-06, 08:51   Link #121
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Every month. Which made it predictable and the perfect time to assassinate her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-06, 19:39   Link #122
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Every month. Which made it predictable and the perfect time to assassinate her.
I somehow missed that. It's a pretty generous timeframe, I guess it's not too strange they ended up targeting her the same month.
Old 2023-03-12, 11:03   Link #123
Frontier

After all that talk about plotting attempted murder that never happened, I can understand why the family needed to take a break and get some fresh air. Even Kuro just wants to rest in the fine, luxury, bed in the hotel...and then Kotoko pounces on him in bed because of course she does. She says he looks great in a suit and should sleep in it, but I think a part of her wanted to take him back to their room and rip it off .

I can understand why after all this the thing most pressing on Rion would be exactly the kind of person her grandmother is. I mean, all her kids and her husband wanted her dead, yet she was their mother, and there doesn't seem to be any true malice in them now. And it all seems to click in her head why when her dad tells her that the kids eventually realized Sumi was as much of a victim of this family as they were .

It seems like the true conspiring force in this family dates back to Rion's great grandfather Denjiro who basically controlled Sumi's entire life, deciding her actions, family, and entire lifestyle for the betterment and success of the Otonashi group. And caught in the repeated successes she received from following his orders, Sumi had little reason to ever go against him even when the company started to flounder. How could something that has worked so well ever be wrong? Even if it made her kids miserable and made her husband turn on her. What's a woman to do...other than potentially kill herself .

Honestly Rion did an amazing job declaring her theory on the case. She did it so firmly and resolutely like a true mystery Heroine. No wonder her dad named her after a lion, because despite being the most normal person in this case she's also surprisingly fierce and spirited in her own right (and cute, which is an added bonus). Legitimately I'd watch a spinoff that's about her solving mysteries amidst her daily life .

On some level it makes sense that Sumi would kill herself. Finding out your entire family wanted you dead and not being able to change yourself or go against your father, taking your own life in such a way that your families' hands would be clean but you'd be off the board so your family could live the lives they wanted and save the company. And yet if she though killing herself was the ideal solution, why bother making it look like a murder in the first place and get the police more involved ?

All's well seems to end well...the kids have a newfound understanding a respect for their mother, the brothers might fix their relationship, Rion decides the inheritance should just be evenly divided, and President Otonashi seems to have found a solution to this case that he's happy with as he faces the ravages of disease he feels he deserves...except Kotoko isn't about to let him get off that easy as she's ready to reveal that, not only did Sumi not commit suicide, but that she knows who the real murderer is. Sorry Rion, but it's back to Kotoko's show .
Old 2023-03-12, 11:48   Link #124
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Wonder what rate-per-word-spoken Miyano earns from this show.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-12, 13:49   Link #125
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

I was kind of wondering if this was actually the end of this arc but then Kotoko delivered with an impressive bait and switch. Next episode should be interesting.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-12, 13:49   Link #126
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
Wonder what rate-per-word-spoken Miyano earns from this show.
He's getting plenty of work in Urusei Yatsura at least .
Old 2023-03-12, 19:21   Link #127
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Honestly Rion did an amazing job declaring her theory on the case. She did it so firmly and resolutely like a true mystery Heroine. No wonder her dad named her after a lion, because despite being the most normal person in this case she's also surprisingly fierce and spirited in her own right (and cute, which is an added bonus). Legitimately I'd watch a spinoff that's about her solving mysteries amidst her daily life .
Her theory was super far-fetched and full of wishful thinking though. Kotoko destroyed it in just one sentence

At this point I'm pretty sure the twist will be that the fox didn't actually kill her. The old man got impatient and hired a human hitman. I mean, that's kind of the obvious answer when someone has an airtight alibi.
Old 2023-03-12, 21:12   Link #128
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Rion hypothesis of her grandma murder was kind of plausible going that far to stop everyone in the family coming to kill her
Old 2023-03-12, 21:45   Link #129
grecefar

ehh I would've liked if it ended like that, even the mother looked good and die because she didn't wanted to destroy her children dreams at the end.

but kotoko always has the spotlight. For some reason I started to dislike her in this season.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-12, 23:11   Link #130
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Man, I am gonna die from a disease painfully now. This is what happens when you kill someone!
Also I lived long enough to see my grandchildren and its only painful because I chose to make it painful.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-13, 10:27   Link #131
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Her theory was super far-fetched and full of wishful thinking though. Kotoko destroyed it in just one sentence

At this point I'm pretty sure the twist will be that the fox didn't actually kill her. The old man got impatient and hired a human hitman. I mean, that's kind of the obvious answer when someone has an airtight alibi.
I did get the sense it was possible the Fox never actually did anything and just took credit for her death.
Old 2023-03-13, 15:25   Link #132
magnuskn

I would laugh so much if they would just play the next episode on triple speed and it's just Kotoko blabbing one of her endlessly long diatribes about what REALLY happened (i.e. her making shit up).
Old 2023-03-14, 06:14   Link #133
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grecefar View Post
ehh I would've liked if it ended like that, even the mother looked good and die because she didn't wanted to destroy her children dreams at the end.
And that's why Kotoko couldn't leave it at that. If the grandpa died satisfied with his choice to involve the supernatural, if he saw his pain as just the price of doing business but ultimately worth it, then she wouldn't be doing her job.

That makes me think of the Yuki Onna. She's fine with her keeping company with the human guy who lives in semi-isolation. But what if he opened an ice cream truck and used her to cut the costs? How would Kotoko take it?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-03-14, 08:35   Link #134
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And that's why Kotoko couldn't leave it at that. If the grandpa died satisfied with his choice to involve the supernatural, if he saw his pain as just the price of doing business but ultimately worth it, then she wouldn't be doing her job.

That makes me think of the Yuki Onna. She's fine with her keeping company with the human guy who lives in semi-isolation. But what if he opened an ice cream truck and used her to cut the costs? How would Kotoko take it?
I don't think that's the issue. Kotoko actually seemed fine with letting everything slide, at least until she realized that learning that his own children were planning to kill their mother made the old man feel 100% justified in committing murder, despite the lesson he wanted to impart his children being that murder is never the answer. Her approach ended up backfiring, now she has to fix it.
Old 2023-03-19, 11:04   Link #135
Frontier

I had a feeling the Yoko didn't actually kill Sumi but merely took advantage of her death after the fact...though not from lack of intent, because he was fully prepared to maul or terrorize her to death as a dog, but then the real killer ended up stabbing her. Of course the voice yelling about a thief was, in fact, the Yoko, trying to cover for the real killer...and the fact that he explicitly yelled out it was a man and that female silhouette pretty much confirm who the true murderer was .

Because, yeah, it was actually Kaoruko the whole time. She murdered her mother to save her marriage and her husbands' business and brutally stabbed Sumi. And then she intentionally broke her own leg to give herself an alibi. If nothing else, I have to admire her commitment to do this for the sake of love. Even Kotoko seemed to respect it .

Way to get the guy to confess by trying to spin Sumi as the type of person who in her last breath would cover for the daughter that tried to kill her for one reason or another .

The statue of limitations are up so Kaoruko basically got away with it and what she wanted...but the President, for getting involved with the supernatural and then enlisting Kotoko to clean this up, has his daughter exposed as a murderer and Kaoruko tries to kill herself out of guilt and shame. Sometimes living is the hardest thing...

Jeez, I was not expecting Koya to pull out a gun. He wasn't even an accomplice, Kaoruko only just told him she did it when this came up, but he just can't let word of what his wife did get out from Kotoko or Kuro's mouth. He even headshot Kuro! Wow .

Otonashi and Kaoruku are infirm and wracked with the weight of what happened, which I guess is fitting for what their involvement in this was, the brothers are trying to mend things up, and Rion is left trying to live with everything she just witnessed. The entire Otonashi Family was truly shaken up by the terror that is Kotoko Iwanaga and are understandably not in the mood to ever see her again .

Huh, so Rikka was involved in this case! She's the one who pointed Otonashi to Kotoko to get her involved in all this, either as a distraction or to show to Kuro how scary Kotoko can be in her merciless and dispassionate methods for keeping order. Kuro himself seems wracked between seeing what Rikka meant but his own feelings and care for Kotoko .
Old 2023-03-19, 19:14   Link #136
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wasn't expecting Kaoruko to be the murderer. Kotoko had actually punched a hole in her alibi in an earlier episode but it flew over my head. She had been keeping it a secret from absolutely everyone for 23 years, not even Kuya knew until she started freaking out over her father's little competition.

The ending of this arc was absolutely great. Kotoko was completely ruthless. She could have just let them all believe in the fake solution she had prepared and they would have all walked away happy. That's what most heroines would have done. Instead, she exposed the ugly truth and destroyed at least two people. She really puts her duty above all else, and I think what Rikka is truly afraid of is that one day, her duty will require her to get rid of Kuro (she doesn't need to kill him, there are plenty of ways to deal with an immortal) and she won't hesitate a single second to do so. Pretty neat they ended tying what seemed like another self-contained story into the bigger narrative.
Old 2023-03-19, 20:24   Link #137
Eater of All
NOM

This season has been growing on me. The series started out kind of slow IMO but it takes time to present its internal logic and rhythm. This case is great - it's like a meticulously well-fitted puzzle piece.
Old 2023-03-19, 20:26   Link #138
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I wasn't expecting Kaoruko to be the murderer. Kotoko had actually punched a hole in her alibi in an earlier episode but it flew over my head. She had been keeping it a secret from absolutely everyone for 23 years, not even Kuya knew until she started freaking out over her father's little competition.

The ending of this arc was absolutely great. Kotoko was completely ruthless. She could have just let them all believe in the fake solution she had prepared and they would have all walked away happy. That's what most heroines would have done. Instead, she exposed the ugly truth and destroyed at least two people. She really puts her duty above all else, and I think what Rikka is truly afraid of is that one day, her duty will require her to get rid of Kuro (she doesn't need to kill him, there are plenty of ways to deal with an immortal) and she won't hesitate a single second to do so. Pretty neat they ended tying what seemed like another self-contained story into the bigger narrative.
I can't say it was completely unwarranted considering this was a family that (other than Rion and I guess Koya because he was oblivious to what his wife did) all jumped to murder to solve their problems and one of them actually did get away with murder, so having that come out and basically wreck everything was deserved in some respect even if Kotoko didn't really care about that beyond the President using a Yokai.

And even Koya was willing to kill two people to protect his wife's name.

Also all this and they completely forgot about the inheritance .

I think what works in Kuro's favor that Rikka isn't taking into account is just how horny for Kuro Kotoko is .
Old 2023-03-19, 21:03   Link #139
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well found out who did the killing and seeing Kurou get shot in the head then lying about it saying it was like a samuri movie
Old 2023-03-19, 22:08   Link #140
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Rion is the one you really have to feel sorry for here. She thought she was just going somewhere to get some money and then all this shit happened.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote