Lex79

Spoiler for episode 11:
Lex79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 07:34   Link #143
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Two lessons:
1. Wear helmets, kids.
2. Cut your enemies' throats when you can.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-16, 10:19   Link #144
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm guessing this is how Mitsuki gets to Yggdrasil. Can't imagine Yuto would leave his people in such a situation; seemed like he intended to go home after securing peace for them. And similarly I can't imagine Mitsuki letting her beloved leave without her again. In short, I simply cannot imagine this ending in any way other than a double summons.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-19, 07:08   Link #145
haseo0408

It seems to me they are going to compress 2 whole volumes of content in the final episode, now that´s rushed!.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 13:50   Link #146
EroKing

Episode 12

That was hot... The show started in quite the unique way for an Isekai and the end was something not usually done too. Bravo for trying something different

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-22 at 07:28.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 15:19   Link #147
RDNexus

I really would like to not regret having watched this ultra-rushed adaptation, but...
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 15:39   Link #148
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
I really would like to not regret having watched this ultra-rushed adaptation, but...
But then read the LN. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 15:44   Link #149
Rnzlr

The worst anime ever made
Rnzlr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-22, 16:26   Link #150
RDNexus

Sorry, not that much incited to pick up the LNs of this story.
I did, however, pick up the Isekai Maou LNs
Old 2018-09-23, 00:09   Link #151
Lex79

So it ended as predicted...not that it wasn't ultra obvious of course. Ending felt rushed, I'm glad that they resolved the Mitsuki situation but leaving open the war with the panther and claw clan was bad. This show needs another season with Yuuto defeating his enemies to give a proper sense of closure.
Old 2018-09-23, 21:23   Link #152
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
Better than Death March or Isekai Cellphone.

@Lex: You mean the Lightning clan not Claw clan. Claw clan is the twin's clan/

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-23, 23:53   Link #153
Lex79

Thanks for the correction.
Old 2018-09-24, 01:42   Link #154
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rnzlr View Post
That’s............extremely debatable. There’s some pretty bad **** out there, just like anything else.

As much as the series didn’t resolve a lot guys, really, were you expecting a currently-15+ volume series to wrap up in 12 episodes? Sometimes they don’t even finish the current story arc by episode 12.
The thing that people just don’t seem to realize is that LN adaptations are rarely intended to be anything more than advertising for their LN, sadly. Which media is easier to check out, anime or LN? Sometimes we get lucky and a good title will find its way into the hands of a good studio with intentions to take it further than one cour, but more often it’s never intended to be a complete story. Just 12 episodes and that’s that, to get more people curious about the LN. You say the series was incomplete or bad or doesn’t make you interested in the LN, but that’s because your expectations were misplaced.

Bottom line, 90% of LN adaptations are supposed to be nothing more than ads. Keep your expectations aimed right, and not only will you not be let down when the series almost certainly ends incomplete, you’ll be pleasantly surprised when you come across the other 10% that are actually pretty enjoyable like Isekai Maou, or ones the studio takes farther into being a complete series, like Shakugan no Shana or god willing, A Certain Magical Index.
Old 2018-09-24, 01:55   Link #155
RDNexus

The atrociously rushed pacing, weak animation and storytelling, doesn't those say anything to you?
Even for those with low or zero expectations towards adaptations like this one (like me), it was something to come to regret having watched because it failed so hard at even being an advertising.

That said, becuase of my way of going into a new story, Isekai Maou managed to surprise me for the best
Old 2018-09-24, 02:01   Link #156
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

All that said, I think people should still check out the LN, at least the spoilers in the LN thread here. The LN actually breaks a few of the cliches of harem anime, in a good way. Plus some gutsy (again, in a good way) moves by the author.
Old 2018-09-24, 02:41   Link #157
RDNexus

That's all fine and dandy, but what about the "Anime-only Viewers"?
Since they usually don't want to (or can't) follow stories other than by Anime, don't they deserve a bit more of attention?
Old 2018-09-24, 03:06   Link #158
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

As I said, these animes are about advertising their LN. So as far as the studios are concerned, (generally) no. Otherwise they’d actually make them into better animes.
Not being able to read the LN is pretty much exclusively a foreign problem; they don’t have any problem getting and reading Japanese novels in Japan. And they make anime for Japan, not us.
Old 2018-09-24, 03:15   Link #159
RDNexus

Wrong. Nowadays, several western companies step into the industry, taking part in the production commitee.
The majority of Anime may be for the home audience, but those guys may be getting conscious that there's a vast audience outside Japan.
Old 2018-09-24, 04:04   Link #160
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Nope. Animes like this one do not see the light of day, certainly in no large capacity, in other countries. You don’t honestly think, or think that they think, that the Hyakuren anime would hit the states and rake in money for them, do you?

I highly doubt it.

Established titles like SAO get tons of attention to their foreign reception. But Hyakuren, and other smaller-time animes like it, are and always will be nothing past local-based.

And the western audience may be big, but the western market took a dive long ago. Best Buy used to have aisles full of anime. Now they have two shelves. Gundam used to have models selling everywhere. Now they don’t. The Pokémon TCG used to be huge here. Now it’s not, and the market for all those cards I collected is dead. I just tried to sell a shadowless first edition rare, so I know.

Hyakuren was never intended to be a hit as an anime, foreign or domestically. That’s just how it is whether we like it or not. Why do you think they keep making LN adaptations this way? They clearly didn’t put that much effort into it.

Tags
harem