AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 8 Rating
Perfect 10 1 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 1 16.67%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 3 50.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 16.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-02, 13:55   Link #21
Homura7

If Junko attempts to make the students from Class-77 fall into despair one by one, not only that would have a big chance of going the opposite way intended, but it would also make it too obvious that something was up. The disappearance of Mikan already proves this point.

It's quicker and easier if she goings through them all at once, and she could easily find out what fills them all with despair and put it in the final update.

We already know the Remnants of Despair, or at least the students from Class-77 are actually victims.
Old 2016-09-02, 16:42   Link #22
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Yeah but merely someone dying does not make one reach a state where they want to spread despair throughout the world. I don't think Nanami is dying just yet. The stage needs to be set.
Old 2016-09-02, 17:08   Link #23
Homura7

That is if she actually dies. One would think yes but... her AI was in the Neo Program.
Old 2016-09-02, 19:28   Link #24
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I think Junko brainwashes Yukizome which then brainwashes the rest of the class. Somebody pointed out that it was Yukizome (and not Junko) standing over a defeated Juzo.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2016-09-02, 19:47   Link #25
Homura7

Yeah, this is true. Many viewers, me included, mistook Junko for Chisa in one scene.

And let us remember, Chisa is the main character of the Despair arc.

One thing is clear, though. Chisa is about to have a meeting face to face with Junko.
Old 2016-09-02, 20:10   Link #26
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I think Junko brainwashes Yukizome which then brainwashes the rest of the class. Somebody pointed out that it was Yukizome (and not Junko) standing over a defeated Juzo.
If you are talking about the Scene in EP 8 of Mirai wheere Kuzakura taunts Juzou, I am pretty sure thats Junko. I even went back like 5 times to get a clear shot at the scene back then - No idea which part of the shot gives them the idea it was Chisa.
Junko still being in their class afterwards makes much more sense if its Chisa though, yes. - thats really the only thing though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Yeah, this is true. Many viewers, me included, mistook Junko for Chisa in one scene.

And let us remember, Chisa is the main character of the Despair arc.

One thing is clear, though. Chisa is about to have a meeting face to face with Junko.
Pretty sure them being so easy to mistake is intentional
I noted that back in EP one, because it really jumped in my eye (especially after the OP later) - Imho there is a good chance Junko is still alive and actually posing as Chisa in Mirai.
Because no full crpse seen/no full corpse should even be there going by how Junko died.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-02, 21:41   Link #27
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I honestly don't get how you can confuse both considering their hair and facial features aren't exactly similar.
Old 2016-09-02, 23:30   Link #28
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
If Junko attempts to make the students from Class-77 fall into despair one by one, not only that would have a big chance of going the opposite way intended, but it would also make it too obvious that something was up. The disappearance of Mikan already proves this point.
For the record I'm not suggesting they're going to go one by one at all, but I'm not exactly surprised she has a few of them in her pocket already; even less so that its Mikan and Nagito.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I don't think Nanami is dying just yet. The stage needs to be set.
So... are you saying she should get the full Yasuke Matsuda experience?
Old 2016-09-03, 01:15   Link #29
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I have no idea who that is, but just plain killing her won't turn everyone in that class into... that.
Old 2016-09-03, 07:28   Link #30
Homura7

Quote:
I have no idea who that is, but just plain killing her won't turn everyone in that class into... that.
Yeah, I have to agree with that. The one thing that makes me sad though is that Ryota is going to be the unwitting pawn in Junko's scheme. In Future his eyes look plain dead, and it makes me wonder how much he had to endure.
Old 2016-09-03, 11:10   Link #31
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

In future he just looks like he hasn't slept in years.
Old 2016-09-03, 11:42   Link #32
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly View Post
Chiaki is so dead now. The whole reason DR1 happened was because nobody at school knew about Junko and Mukuro's involvement in this mess. Which means Chiaki won't live to tell anyone about what she saw and heard in this episode.

However, this raises a different question: why didn't Nagito and Ryota tell others? Maybe Junko will ask Matsuda to tamper with their memories. Which, now that I think about it, gives Chiaki a chance to survive.
IMO I don't think she's dying, period. My gut is telling me they'll end up not going through with it for one reason or another, but mostly because I think it is going to be part of some bigger endgame twist.

But yes, I also think the almost canon-breaking question is how Junko could get this exposed as a mastermind, and somehow still managed to set off the entire 78th class killing game without any suspicion. Nagito's explanation is a no-brainer; he'd rather keep silent and watch the whole world fall apart in his pursuit for hope, as he had "hoped" for. Chisa seems to be part of a bigger twist in stored for us. Then what about Nanami (assuming she makes it out) and Mitarai? Will be interesting to see how they'll write around that in the next few episodes, and whether Matsuda (who made that brief cameo here) and his neurosurgical skills will come into play.

It does look like everything will be coming to a headway at the mass sucide of the reserve course students, and that mass brainwashing does look more and more likely with the test video.

Last edited by com_gwp; 2016-09-03 at 11:58.
Old 2016-09-03, 19:45   Link #33
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Inb4 Chisa is converted to Despair, then it turns out in Future she was the mole all along and either faked her death or actually committed suicide after setting up some twisted way to have the killings happen (or maybe has Mitarai as an accomplice. Or Mitarai *doesn't know* he's the killer because he has some secret word/hypnotic command that triggers him killing people injected in his subconscious by Junko).

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Old 2016-09-04, 01:52   Link #34
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Am I really the only one who feels like Yukizome has to be stronger willed than that?

As for people worrying about Enoshima being "exposed". The only people who seem to be finding out are future despair, Nanami, Mitarai, and maybe Yukizome.
Old 2016-09-04, 10:43   Link #35
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

As far as anyone outside Junko's clique knows the focus is still on Izuru. Even if Yukizome walks in she won't necessarily make the connection. She might save Nanami, but at this point I really think Nanami is joining Junko.

As far as Juzo's flashback (how the hell do people think that's Chisa???) I kinda think its gonna be Izuru vs. Munakata trio next ep.
Old 2016-09-05, 02:36   Link #36
Calca
Expressionless

Tsumiki's decent into insanity was something offscreen? Hope the rest of the class isn't treated like that.
Old 2016-09-05, 10:55   Link #37
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Well it's not like she needed much pushing to go over the edge.
Old 2016-09-06, 03:50   Link #38
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
As for people worrying about Enoshima being "exposed". The only people who seem to be finding out are future despair, Nanami, Mitarai, and maybe Yukizome.
Considering that we don't know the fate of Nanami, Mitarai's still around in Future, and Yukizome was at the beginning, that's a pretty big deal though. Even one could spill the beans, and they have to either die, be corrupted, or have their memory erased for this not to happen. And we already know neither Mitarai nor Yukizome die here, so yeah.

Old 2016-09-07, 05:10   Link #39
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I don't see how it's such a big deal. Clearly she wasn't exposed, otherwise the games would never have happened. It doesn't really take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.
Old 2016-09-07, 11:12   Link #40
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto

Quote:
I don't see how it's such a big deal. Clearly she wasn't exposed, otherwise the games would never have happened. It doesn't really take a rocket surgeon to figure that out.
Well, yeah, but the point is clearly *how*. The big deal is how obviously something big must happen and the fact that both Mitarai and Chisa are there tells us that at least one of them is very likely to be a traitor in Future.

Also, I may not have a rocket surgeon, but here's a rocket nurse :

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Closed Thread