AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Old 2003-11-29, 01:03   Link #121
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosWing
That has hentai written all over it
Oh yes. I'm just waiting to see what is going to pop up on Fanfiction.net after this series really gets going. People tend to come up with some... really wierd ideas about characters after a show has been running for a while, especially really pretty characters...

And if there is one thing Crusade isn't lacking in, its pretty characters!

And there are relationships a pleanty as well. Should be interesting to see what type of fan work turns up once things get popular...
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 01:05   Link #122
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
Oh yes. I'm just waiting to see what is going to pop up on Fanfiction.net after this series really gets going. People tend to come up with some... really wierd ideas about characters after a show has been running for a while, especially really pretty characters...

And if there is one thing Crusade isn't lacking in, its pretty characters!

And there are relationships a pleanty as well. Should be interesting to see what type of fan work turns up once things get popular...
Really weird ideas? I dun like the idea of that. Actually, no offense to the hentai fans or anything, but I'm against it. I prefer pure and simple romance!
Tomomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 01:05   Link #123
Xiandu
Destroyer of the God Deus

Send a message via AIM to Xiandu
I like this series. i think it can turn into something great. Hopefully Gonzo does stay away from putting too much fanservice in it, but hey a little never hurt anyone=). As far as the karaoke debate, i didn't mean to start a topic on that. I was just defending akeep and that stupid aj comparison. So please lets just drop the whole karaoke thing please. Especially since i really don't follow the karaoke. Sorry just the story is my thing not the song. If i like the song then i will download it when the single or the soundtrack becomes available. So please lets get back on topic and talk about this great show. Ok i know some of you don't think the show was that great but hey i really liked the first episode.
Xiandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 02:40   Link #124
Rune~Grey
Token Crusade Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomomi
Really weird ideas? I dun like the idea of that. Actually, no offense to the hentai fans or anything, but I'm against it. I prefer pure and simple romance!
I think that you'll be satisfied with this series - there is a decent amount of romance in it, although I have to point out that the main ties between the characters tend to be family ties rather than ones of that are based on emotion and affection. But there is a good amount of romance involved - perhaps not your typical candlelit dinner and declarations of love romance, but it is there. At least in the manga, and I have confidence that Gonzo isn't going to botch this series up. It is Shounen overall, but there is a decent amount of crossgender reachings as well. ^^

Last edited by Rune~Grey; 2003-11-29 at 02:57. Reason: Brains on Holiday - Corrections
Rune~Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 02:51   Link #125
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rune~Grey
I think that you'll be satisfied with this series - there is a decent amount of romance in it, although I have to point out that the main ties between the characters tend to be family ties rather than ones of blood. But there is a good amount of romance involved - perhaps not your typical candlelit dinner and declarations of love romance, but it is there. At least in the manga, and I have confidence that Gonzo isn't going to botch this series up. It is Shounen overall, but there is a decent amount of crossgender reachings as well. ^^
Really? Banzai!

Actually, I didn't wanna download the anime. Why? Cos of the title. I serious thought that there was some typo error in it. Like 'Chrno Crusade' was supposed to be 'Chrono Crusade'. And I also thought that it was some sequel to Chrono Cross/Trigger.

But I'm glad I saw this anime.
Old 2003-11-29, 03:29   Link #126
Xiandu

Just out of curiousity why would you not want to see this series if it was relate to the square games?
Old 2003-11-29, 03:44   Link #127
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
Just out of curiousity why would you not want to see this series if it was relate to the square games?
Haha, actually, I'm a big fan of square games. I do play Chrono Cross and quite a number of Final Fantasy games too. But after I saw Chrono Trigger in animesuki, it sort of scares me off of what kind of anime they will have next.
Old 2003-11-29, 04:20   Link #128
Xiandu

LOL!! I totally understand that one. I remember seeing that one and the only thing i could think of was; WTF!?!?!? I feel though had they made an actual series that they would have done a great series. For instance look at Fullmetal Alchemist.
Old 2003-11-29, 06:42   Link #129
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiandu
LOL!! I totally understand that one. I remember seeing that one and the only thing i could think of was; WTF!?!?!? I feel though had they made an actual series that they would have done a great series. For instance look at Fullmetal Alchemist.
Yeah... I gotta agree with that point of yours. It was a pity that Squaresoft didn't make a decent series out of it. Oh well...

Hey, the same thought occured to me when I first saw the title, Fullmetal Alchemist. I thought that was Part 3 of Full Metal Panic. But it wasn't. Anyway, I truely enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist too.

Oops, we kinda get off topic eh... Maybe we should go back to Chrno Crusade's discussion...
Old 2003-11-29, 07:57   Link #130
Lavender

for all those ppl who wanted a good review on the different groups doing CC, u can find it here http://www.anime-planet.com/phpBB2/v...8095c7b25afc0b

And after spending the time to read (almost)all the posts from page1 to page 7, this is what I gotta say: I am truly disgusted at how ppl are commenting on fansubs and how they are criticizing work that fansubbers put heart into. First I have to say I'm not bias in anyway since I dun work for any group and I'm not that much effected by the previous reputation of the names of groups. I have not yet seen all the versions for CC out there, so I'm not gonna comment on which group is the best. But for all I know, A-keep did a great job. More than great. They went through the effort of putting in more work to bring more into their fansubs (ie: SFX's, logo, styling etc. just to name a few) for the sake of the fans. Fansubbers sub for free! They devote their own time for fans. And to think there's still ungreatful ppl bashing at the privileges fansubbers have brought us. I was realli pissed off at that a-keep=aj comment that someone made in previous pages. To that person who said this, do u even think about what u say with ur brain? All the staff in A-keep put ALOT of effort into this, and I dun see in anyway how they are lacking quality at all. They are humans and fans like us, not professionals. They are allowed to make mistakes. If u r not satisfied, get other versions and just be happi with that. Or u can get the DVDs. But see, for DVD quality, u have to pay $30 for every few episodes. Meanwhile, fansubs are free. So I think those ppl should just be greatful that there are ppl who r willing to sub for the fans out there despite the kind of unpleasant attitudes they get from certain ppl.

Like Ayu-sama, I have to say excuse me for my ranting as well. But to conclude all this, ppl get a life! Watch whatever version you like the best, be it A-keep A-Kraze or Infusion. But remember that it is not ur right to get fansubs, it is a privilige.
Lavender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 08:06   Link #131
GipFace

Blah blah blah blah blaaaah.

** Insert generic "be grateful" rant **

... Like Ayu-sama, I have to say excuse me for my ranting as well. But to conclude all this, ppl get a life! Watch whatever version you like the best, be it A-keep A-Kraze or Infusion. But remember that it is not ur right to get fansubs, it is a privilige.

Nah. People say that movie reviews are pointless too, but many people still read them. Why? Because people don't want their time wasted when there is a better option.

I think these groups deserve the scrutiny they are getting seeing as how they are all speed-subbing it.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 10:24   Link #132
Ayu-sama

Excuse me if I say that there's nothing wrong with criticism, as long as it is constructive. Insulting a group saying that they are like AJ is not constructive. If you think our translation was wrong, please say it out loud. But don't insult us because we messed the lyrics of the damn opening song.

Last edited by Ayu-sama; 2003-11-29 at 11:15.
Ayu-sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 11:06   Link #133
holyangel
Kawaii Fantasy

I believe if you watch alot of hentai you will understand that they like having female having sex with demons or monster hehe
holyangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 11:12   Link #134
Tomomi
chrno fangal

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyangel
I believe if you watch alot of hentai you will understand that they like having female having sex with demons or monster hehe
Ohh... No wonder someone was saying about hentai...

Yeesh... Nevertheless, Chrno Crusade is NOT a hentai anime. So I'm not gonna care about whatever hentai thingie it is. I'm gonna stick to Chrno Crusade as it is.
Old 2003-11-29, 13:18   Link #135
NenMaster

didnt rate this anime that much, i need to see more from it to see if i will follow it
NenMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 13:54   Link #136
Ranko
Mech Engineer

Send a message via ICQ to Ranko Send a message via AIM to Ranko
According to an artical in new type it's goinga to be 26 episodes long.
Ranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 14:04   Link #137
nojevo

OMG!!! DID i see animejunkies releasing the first episode for Chrno Crusade!! So they're still alive ROFL!
nojevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 14:14   Link #138
Xiandu

Thank you Lavender and Ayu-sama. I was trying to state that earlier and got called a fanboy for doing so. Glad to see that i was not the only one feeling that way. Now lets get back to talking about this show and try to leave those stupid comments in the past.
Old 2003-11-29, 15:34   Link #139
Colonel-

Send a message via AIM to Colonel-
people should be grateful that fansubs are available
Colonel- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-11-29, 17:35   Link #140
Iron Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayu-sama
Excuse me if I say that there's nothing wrong with criticism, as long as it is constructive. Insulting a group saying that they are like AJ is not constructive. If you think our translation was wrong, please say it out loud. But don't insult us because we messed the lyrics of the damn opening song.
Hey, don't let it get to ya, Ayu-Sama. Most of the criticizers here are nothing but spoiled little brats anyways. I say, all the fansub groups out there spoil them with such HQ stuff, that once they find ONE spelling error or grammar error, they jump all over it, acting like they're the experts, when, in fact, they did nothing but sit on their asses twiddling your thumbs.
Iron Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote