AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 14:32   Link #81
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Since Chapter 6 ends Airi's story, I believe the rest of the story will focus on Kazumi, mainly her dark past that we've only seen in brief flashbacks. The earlier chapters imply that Jyubei and Kyubey are up to something concerning the Pleiades Saints, especially regarding Kazumi. What their goals are is unknown but I feel like something big is going to unfold pretty soon.

Last edited by Riga92; 2011-07-04 at 03:46.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 00:21   Link #82
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Very interesting chapter.

What the hell is Kazumi? She just started turning into a monster, ripped a chunk off the Witch with her mouth, quickly regained her senses and then partially brought back Yuuri/Airi from being a Witch? When she realizes she can't quite do it, she then one shots the Witch.

I'm sorry but there's no way she's "merely" a Magical Girl.
Old 2011-07-04, 03:41   Link #83
Jimmy C

It probably has something to do with whatever robbed her memory. If she was always like this, the rest of her team ought to be more wary of her.
Or maybe they're just better at hiding it right now.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 20:22   Link #84
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

Quote:
On another matter, either Jyuubei doesn't know as much about the magical girl system or he's outright lying to the girls when he says "sometimes" magical girls turn into witches.
Well, sometimes they just die before turning into one, so it's technically correct.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 09:16   Link #85
Jimmy C

Coming back to this after a reread, it seems I was slightly off-target. Jyubei is either ignorant of how the system works or is outright lying, not because he said, "sometimes" magical girls turn into witches, but because he said "we don't know why (that happens)"
Old 2011-07-11, 09:19   Link #86
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I guess it depends on the translation accuracy. They actually don't know how that happens, Kyuubei stated they don't understand yet the specifics of magic. We would need the original Japanese since douyate (how) and doushite (why) are actually quite often mixed up from what I've seen.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-11, 10:10   Link #87
Jimmy C

An interesting way to put it. But put yourself in Kazumi's shoes in that scene, would you be more likely to ask "how" or "why" as a first reaction?
Old 2011-08-01, 15:52   Link #88
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Chapter 7 is finally out! http://shinitan.wordpress.com/2011/0...11-kazumi-c07/

Now this was a very interesting chapter. Chapter starts with a magical girl named Akane Sumire being cornered by the Pleiades Saints. Akane recognizes Kaoru and begs for mercy, but Kaoru seemingly kills her. From the distance, an unknown, black haired magical girl watches them, looking intently at the Saint's soul gems, saying that she wants them...

Kazumi has finished eating breakfast at Tachibana's place and see's Nico and Jyubey patrolling outside and decides to tag along with them. Nico eye's throughout this whole chapter seemingly has no life in them. Nico notes how kind Kazumi is. Even though they have hidden the truth about witches from Kazumi, Kazumi understood that they hid it so she wouldn't remember anything painful from her past. Despite that, Kazumi wants to remember her past, no matter how painful it is. Nico tells her words are heart-warming, but says that Kazumi might have regrets if she remembers.

The black haired girl then appears before them. Her name is Souju Ayase, and she reveals to them that she's been collecting soul gems. Nico says thats a disgusting hobby, but then Ayase reveals that she saw the Pleiades Saints doing the same thing at the beginning of the chapter, gem picking.

Nico and Ayase then duke it out. Nico's wish was apparently "regeneration" which allows her to shoot missiles from her fingers and make clones, pretty cool power. After a couple pages of fighting, Nico apparently wins, removing Ayase's Soul Gem from her chest, and stunning her by squeezing her Soul Gem.

Suddenly, Ayase awakens, re-transforms with a different magical girl outfit, and manages a surprise attack on Nico. It is then revealed that there are two souls residing in Ayase's body. The other soul's name is Souju Ruka.

So apparently, if you are a magical girl, and you are in possession of the soul gems of other girls, its possible for all the souls to reside in one body...interesting.

Last edited by Riga92; 2011-08-01 at 18:10.
Riga92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 17:52   Link #89
zeando
maybenotimome

i wonder what will happen if only one of the soulgems of a multigem user turns in a witch while the other gems are not completely dark, looks complicated
maybe it would become an half-witch half-magical-girl, a magical-girl powered witch or a witch powered magical-girl or maybe it'll simply come out as a witch leaving the undarkened soulgems back

interesting to note that the soulgem hunter collects them, doesn't kill them
so each soul(and magical girl) bound to the soulgem she collected must still be there, untill the soulgem gets crushed
it looks more like a MG kidnapper than a collector :3

the limit of having multiple soulgems must be how much those souls can work together not trying to take over all the body from the others
but the advantages must be very interesting, like double wish powers, double mp, but likely also double greef seeds needed to refill
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-01, 18:08   Link #90
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
So apparently, if you are a magical girl, and you are in possession of the soul gems of other girls, its possible for all the souls to reside in one body...interesting.
Are we sure that's the reason? It could also be multiple personalities, or tie into a wish.

Quote:
Very interesting chapter.

What the hell is Kazumi? She just started turning into a monster, ripped a chunk off the Witch with her mouth, quickly regained her senses and then partially brought back Yuuri/Airi from being a Witch? When she realizes she can't quite do it, she then one shots the Witch.

I'm sorry but there's no way she's "merely" a Magical Girl.
Same for this. We have no idea what the hell she wished for, but she's been warping reality since the first chapter.
Old 2011-08-01, 18:17   Link #91
Jimmy C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post
Somehow, I don't think so. I think Ayase and Luca are the only users of that body, whether it's due to their wish or some other magic. Given that the other Soul Gems they have were unlikely to have been "donated" willingly to them, I doubt they'd want those poor souls to take control of their shared body.

Last edited by Jimmy C; 2011-08-01 at 18:57.
Old 2011-08-01, 19:40   Link #92
Dark Wing

It could also be that the magical girl holding multiple soul gems can also tap onto the powers of the previous owners of said gems.
Old 2011-08-03, 18:38   Link #93
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeando View Post
i wonder what will happen if only one of the soulgems of a multigem user turns in a witch while the other gems are not completely dark, looks complicated
If we're going off TV canon, then... nothing at all?

The physical body of the Magical Girl stays intact when her Soul Gem converts into a Grief Seed, so the remaining soul will still have a human vessel to work with and shouldn't have anything to worry about. That is, aside from standing directly in front of a newborn Witch.

edit: And after reading Chapter 7, whoever the mangaka for this is needs to stop ripping off my ideas. I mean goddamn.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-08-03 at 19:18.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-03, 19:51   Link #94
Bloss-Chan

Don't flatter yourself x)
Bloss-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-15, 06:41   Link #95
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
The newer chapter puts yet another wrinkle on the reputation of the Pleiades Saints. Just what ARE they doing with those acquired Soul Gems anyway? If they're taking them away to... somewhere, then the police in the city where Kazumi lives in probably have a LOT of unsolved cases where teenaged girls just wind up dead without any known causes...

Never mind the fate of the souls of those actual girls.

Not that the new arrival is any better of course.
Old 2011-08-27, 20:33   Link #96
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Chapter 8 RAWs are out and all I have to say is... The whiplash, it bloody hurts in this series.
Old 2011-09-02, 12:54   Link #97
Jimmy C

Chapter 8 translated. And did someone just turn into a witch?
And more half-truths from Jyubei. "What happens when a Puella Magi's gem is taken away?", "Depending on the situation, she dies." "Situation" in this case meaning the gem is more than 100m from the girl in question.
Old 2011-09-03, 20:47   Link #98
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

It's hinted that the witch is Nico. It still might be a red herring though, given the franchise.

Note, might, as prior to this we didn't even see Nico's soul gem get soiled or blacken in any manner. It just floated off then... boom. Witch manifestation and labyrinth.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2011-09-04 at 00:37.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-03, 21:32   Link #99
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
What I want to know is why Soujo says they could only coexist by stealing Soul Gems. By what mechanic does that work out? It can't be keeping their soul gems clean; they'd need Grief Seeds for that.
Old 2011-09-04, 00:08   Link #100
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloss-Chan View Post
Don't flatter yourself x)
Too late. I already added it to my TVTropes profile.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen, spin-off