AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-06, 14:11   Link #1081
Philos
Official Siscon Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
Sorry... but where is the usual places...?
Just go to a translator(Yaoipower)'s wordpress, you'll find them.
Old 2010-03-07, 02:58   Link #1082
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Finally read the latest chapters of Yuki-chan.

I won't spoil the plot, but boy oh boy, are things gonna take a big twist from now on.
Old 2010-03-07, 03:35   Link #1083
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philos View Post
Just go to a translator(Yaoipower)'s wordpress, you'll find them.
Thankies....
Old 2010-03-07, 15:44   Link #1084
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

I'm glad that the latest chapters of Nagato Yuki-chan got translated, but I also can't help but wonder where the latest chapters of Haruhi-chan are, none of the (ahem) usual places have anything after January.

I wonder if the people scanning it just lost interest, if so, that'd be a shame. It'd be nice to continue getting the updates, or even getting the other two volumes scanned.

In the meantime though, it's nice getting whatever is available.
Old 2010-03-07, 16:55   Link #1085
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grahf616 View Post
I'm glad that the latest chapters of Nagato Yuki-chan got translated, but I also can't help but wonder where the latest chapters of Haruhi-chan are, none of the (ahem) usual places have anything after January.

I wonder if the people scanning it just lost interest, if so, that'd be a shame. It'd be nice to continue getting the updates, or even getting the other two volumes scanned.

In the meantime though, it's nice getting whatever is available.

Possibly dropped, since it got licensed around then. I don't follow the Haruhi-chan manga, so I don't know if that is what happened or not.
Old 2010-03-10, 03:43   Link #1086
Grahf616
High Saint of Asakuraism
*Author

The raw for chapter nine of Nagato Yuki-chan no Shoshitsu is out as well. Of course, I don't think I can say where, but it shouldn't be hard to track down. Hopefully a translation will grace us soon.
Old 2010-03-10, 04:52   Link #1087
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
Unfortunately Yaoi Pwr is rather slow with updates... hopefully they won't hold onto it until 10 becomes available like they did with 7.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Old 2010-03-10, 05:04   Link #1088
darksassin
Is this dangerous??

Well... at least they translate them.
Old 2010-03-22, 10:15   Link #1089
edkedkedk
Hare Hare Sera Fuku!

Translations for Nagato Yuki-chan 9 are out.

I must say, I'm really looking forward to the new stuff that's being introduced into the series. It fleshes out the concept of alt!Universe without even hinting that things will return back to 'normal'. I like the take on the different characters, with the character development being very nicely done.

Plus, our SOS Brigade is now nearly complete (in the guise of North High Literary Club), with the addition of everyone's favorite Killer Alien
Old 2010-05-27, 10:50   Link #1090
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
According to the retailer Animate, on August 27th there will be a new box set for Suzumiya Haruhi-chan & Nyoroon Churuya-san. The catch: it'll be a BD-Box set!

The first release of Haruhi on BD is finally upon us all!

Edit: Also confirmed on CD Japan that it'll have English Subtitles.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT

Last edited by ultimatemegax; 2010-05-27 at 11:02.
Old 2010-05-28, 21:08   Link #1091
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
I apologize for the double-post, but Kyoto Animation just listed the specifics for the set, and I'd trust their listing more than anyone else as of now these are only estimated at this time and could change.

It is indeed a one disc set with double layers on one side. The show is put in 1080p HD with MPEG-4 coding. Strangely enough, they list only Japanese subtitles with no hint of English subtitles.

Total runtime is 140 minutes with 130 coming from the episodes and 10 minutes from the bonus features: 5 CMs for the DVDs, Textless OP/ED, special OP, and a shop promotional video.

The jacket is a special illustration and comes with a special box. No cover art has been released as of yet. If you order from Animate, they have another special box and KyoAni Store is offering two sets of coasters (Haruhi-chan and Yuki/Achkura on one, Churuya-san and Ashakura-san on the other).

Old 2010-11-15, 14:27   Link #1092
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Over the weekend, I watched the English version of the first 13 episodes of Haruhi-Chan and the first 6 six of Churuya.

I loved how Tsuruya has more to do in the Haruhi-chan universe and I thought it was adorable that she was basically on of the SOS Birdage girls when they all went to Yuki's apartment to do stuff with chocolates for Valentine's Day. I also loved how they had a crane associated with Tsuruya motif with the first episode and the episode that I just mentioned.

Mori's appearence in the episode after that was priceless(and I suppose I should ask in the Dubbing thread, who does the VA for Mori in English?) and I loved the effect when Mori walked past Tsuruya.

Achakura(I think I'm spelling that right?) was adorable in both shows, and the dynamic between her and Yuki is really interesting.

I also hope we get Yuki-Chan animated and/or a English-translated version of the manga over here in the U.S. Yuki-Chan sounds like something I would really love.
Old 2010-11-15, 23:19   Link #1093
ijuinkun

Well, the "Tsuru" in "Tsuruya" is the crane bird, so the pun comes naturally.

"Yuki-chan" might work as an OVA set or a series of web shorts like "Haruhi-chan", but I doubt it would get a 12-episode season unless the manga is way more successful than I think it is.
Old 2011-01-28, 15:37   Link #1094
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Ever since I bought the first volume of Haruhi-chan from the Bandai Store, I've been getting occasional e-mails and guess what I found in my Inbox last night?

Haruhi-chan volume 2(and Nyoron Churuya-san vol.2) comes out on DVD on February 8th and I am going to pre-order as soon as I can. This will definitely take care of my Haruhi fix until Bandai announces when Disappearance is coming on DVD here in North America.

https://store.bandai-ent.com/Product...e=669198208553
Old 2011-02-01, 08:09   Link #1095
GMT
Orthodox Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbZeroNow View Post
Ever since I bought the first volume of Haruhi-chan from the Bandai Store, I've been getting occasional e-mails and guess what I found in my Inbox last night?

Haruhi-chan volume 2(and Nyoron Churuya-san vol.2) comes out on DVD on February 8th and I am going to pre-order as soon as I can. This will definitely take care of my Haruhi fix until Bandai announces when Disappearance is coming on DVD here in North America.

https://store.bandai-ent.com/Product...e=669198208553
I pre-ordered it Sunday . . . and it shipped yesterday.
Old 2012-04-29, 01:08   Link #1096
Sumeragi
Banned

Reviving this thread for one reason:

What happened to my Yuki-chan?!?!?! Is she now the alien Yuki?!?!?!
Old 2012-04-29, 15:44   Link #1097
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Maybe. It is unclear for sure. She seems more like her normal (alien) version now, but there are hints she's not quite that. She's now more a mix of the two versions (alien and alt Yuki) rather than the Yuki-chan version (which was more the alt of the Haruhi-chan version of Yuki...with the gamer bits and odd relationship with Ryoko).

Sort of like having alien Yuki with more emotions but no haxor powers.

We've been talking about it every once in a while on the book/manga thread.
Old 2012-05-11, 18:50   Link #1098
BobaLunatic

Does anyone know what happened to The Intrigue of Koizumi Itsuki? Google tells me that it was planned to be serialized on April 18, but I haven't seen any scans or general reactions floating around. What happened?
Old 2012-05-11, 22:16   Link #1099
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobaLunatic View Post
Does anyone know what happened to The Intrigue of Koizumi Itsuki? Google tells me that it was planned to be serialized on April 18, but I haven't seen any scans or general reactions floating around. What happened?
Ran per scheduled in Altima Ace, though it was re-titled The Intrigues of Koizumi Itsuki-kun. It's a gag manga based from Haruhi-chan, but not a lot of internet retailers carry the magazine (this is only the fourth issue, it's released every two months) so I'm not surprised it hasn't been scanlated yet.

Old 2012-06-12, 13:12   Link #1100
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Nagato Yuki-chan is interesting of late. Nagato is in love. But still. She's not sure who she is. We aren't sure who she is come to think of it.

She's not quite the Yuki-chan from the start, but she's not the alien Yuki either. The alien Yuki would never react to being surprised...even by Kyon.

Though there is a factor that has not come into play since the accident. Haruhi.

Tags
comedy, shounen