AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-18, 17:43   Link #201
Midonin
Last Engage

I like Tamaki. Ever since the first episode, she's come across to me as "What would happen if Hibari became a robot pilot?"
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-18, 22:12   Link #202
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well if this is the low point in this I would be surprised it can only get better
Old 2013-04-19, 02:55   Link #203
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Finally they give us some revelation about why these children are picked to implement the JURIA system. But still, this episode is rather gloomy what with the main characters being depressed and in overall bad mood (which is understandable considering their situation). But the darker part creeped up when it’s revealed that their childhood memories are erased completely and that they’re treated as just some tools. That’s way worse than how we treat common soldiers imo (plus, they’re still kids). Adding insult to injury is that the show seem to imply that they’re ripped off their rights to decide their own future (if what Kei’s saying is to be believed). At least the child-pilots in Evangelion still have their rights to quit even when humanity is in the brink of extinction .

Now I’d like to know how they ended up in the academy. Is it forced-recruitment, or something else?

Oh, and if they do kill one member (Tamaki) next episode, it'll be a nice surprise and add more intensity to the story.
Old 2013-04-19, 04:12   Link #204
novalysis

Whelp. That ending. Did Majestic Prince just when all Madoka Magica on the audience, in the third episode?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 04:53   Link #205
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

This show. After the rather epic first episode, I feel like I'm getting nothing when I'm watching it. I don't feel like it's bad or good, or even 'meh'. I'm just not sure what to make of it.

That said episode 3 was rather dull.
theflyingturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 06:36   Link #206
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
Three episodes in a 24 episode series a train wreck does not equal, wait until the half way point before claiming such thing.
If it's not worth watching in 3 episodes I'am not going to waste another 4 hours of my life hoping it's going to get better.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 06:41   Link #207
Kyosuke_Nanbu

I realy enjoy The old school feeling of this series.Maybe because i am a mecha fan through
As far as a mecha series go, this one do great
Kyosuke_Nanbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 07:05   Link #208
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflyingturkey View Post
This show. After the rather epic first episode, I feel like I'm getting nothing when I'm watching it. I don't feel like it's bad or good, or even 'meh'. I'm just not sure what to make of it.

That said episode 3 was rather dull.
And yet you have an avatar from Valvrave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
If it's not worth watching in 3 episodes I'am not going to waste another 4 hours of my life hoping it's going to get better.
Kid, nobody cares. Stop posting in a thread about I show you obviously don't care for and move on.
ChocoBar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 07:15   Link #209
theflyingturkey
Swordy Turkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoBar9 View Post
*Shrugs* Like I said I'm not sure how I feel about this show.
Different people have different tastes.
And I admitted on the Valvrave threads myself, I have no idea why I like that show, despite it's inherent flaws.
theflyingturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 08:51   Link #210
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Quote:
You could always put in on hold for a while, do other stuff, and then watch a batch of episodes all at once many weeks later. I've seen plenty of anime that had rough first halves but managed to become entertaining otherwise.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 13:44   Link #211
hai_san

Was watching the 3 ep and Tamaki is a dream come true for otaku... loli+big breast and naive and her slogan... Resort, Vacation and Romance is really nice!
hai_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 13:50   Link #212
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Three episodes in and I'm still on the fence with GKMJ. I really want to like this show but it hasn't truly grabbed me yet. Kugimiya's talk with Hitachi was poignant but the characters still feel paper thin (so much so that it's hard for me to even care if Tamaki dies or not). I don't expect GKMJ to explore the "Born-Solider" concept in the same depth that Suisei no Gargantia plans to, nor do I expect it to explore the Orwellian nature of it in the same way as the likes of Psycho-Pass or Shin Sekai Yori, but I'd still like it to have some sort of plot. Exploring the "harsh nature of war" as a theme only goes so far without genuine relatable context ("We still don't know why the enemy is attacking us") and I was hoping the chemistry between the main five would make up for that but the comedy is honestly just not that funny any more.

Well at least the actions scenes are still nice to look at. Gotta like the epic operatic music too.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-19, 14:00   Link #213
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:

Kid, nobody cares. Stop posting in a thread about I show you obviously don't care for and move on.
well at least people from valvrave thread will answer, try to argue/explain if something unjustified critiques comes there

not chasing them out or even banned them from posting in the thread because it will sully the "holy ground/fanbase club/no critique thread"

you just make the show looks bad by doing that. ignoring them is definitely far better solution
Old 2013-04-19, 21:53   Link #214
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
well at least people from valvrave thread will answer, try to argue/explain if something unjustified critiques comes there
Thanks for the laugh. People over there seems to answer every critique over there with "the show is not taking itself seriously"
Old 2013-04-20, 02:12   Link #215
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
Thanks for the laugh. People over there seems to answer every critique over there with "the show is not taking itself seriously"
you know something about people can only see what they want to see
but, for the sake of argument, assuming it is true, you know what is more laughable than that?

A: I don't like...
B: get lost you kiddo and don't come back!

:rofl:

Last edited by articuzwolf; 2013-04-20 at 02:31.
articuzwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-20, 11:43   Link #216
ChocoBar9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by articuzwolf View Post
you know something about people can only see what they want to see
The pot calling the kettle black, etc.
Old 2013-04-20, 21:36   Link #217
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

since you are both in denial and always trying to avoid the issue, twice already

have it your way then, I don't want to disturb ppl on this thread any further, if there is still any you haven't chased out though
Old 2013-04-21, 00:58   Link #218
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

More hero talk and depression on episode 3.

DEFINITELY super sentai.
Old 2013-04-21, 03:42   Link #219
Gundamx

They problem with "I don't like" is
episode one:
It's baaad really bad why, where, what...etc

episode two:
same as eps1

episode three:
same as episode one

Final episode:
same runt as episode one...

(Or find new think to be angry about...)

If you don't like this genre/anime than why are you watching it from first to last episode?
There is a lot of people like that...
Gundamx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-21, 06:02   Link #220
Tenzen12

Drop show you watching isn't so simply (I can't speak for you though). Even if it has Sh*ty character and plot, once you know about them you can't help but feed yourself with masochistic hope it will get better in some point, even if it's obvious it willl never happen. (I watched whole Guilty crown, and it took me half year after it went to hell to finnaly drop Kimi no Iru Machi).

So even if people complain about show, you have to know we are in pain ourself (You can coun't on me complain a lot about Valvre btw ) That said, fortunetely GKMP isn't that case for me
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, actual mecha action, comedy, mecha, science fiction