AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2004-02-20, 17:53   Link #21
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Xeno:.
who is this tomino?
Wow, someone doesn't know who Tomino is??? j/k

Yoshiyuki Tomino: One of the most respected anime (specifically mecha anime) creators in Japan who pretty much singlehandedly created the "Real Robot" genre with his 1979 work, Mobile Suit Gundam. (Real Robot=mecha shows with giant robots that are merely down-to-Earth weapons of war rather than the indestructable superheroes they were in the past... Anime that fit into this category include Macross, Patlabor, Evangelion (in a way), Full Metal Panic, Zoids, etc. The other spectrum of the mecha genre would be the Super Robot. Contemporary Super Robot anime would be Gravion and Godanner)

Last edited by brightman; 2004-02-20 at 18:05.
brightman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-20, 18:48   Link #22
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Also he is the one who helmed for what considered as worst anime mecha series ever done, Brain Powerd.
Old 2004-02-21, 10:12   Link #23
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Also he is the one who helmed for what considered as worst anime mecha series ever done, Brain Powerd.
That's what happens when he tries to rip off someone else's work... He's much better as an innovator after all.
Old 2004-02-21, 19:39   Link #24
eliviex

As is often the case with the works directed by Yoshiyuki Tomino,
many characters are killed in this story.
This anime made me feel depressed.
eliviex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 02:58   Link #25
Fronzel
Schmuck

The first Gundam series wasn't that depressing considering the fact half of humanity died...

Actually that doesn't even really count. They died offscreen in the narated prolouge to the first episode. Oh, well.
Fronzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 03:34   Link #26
TheOneManArmy

haha, good old "mina korosu" thing, but I'm expecting a lot for the 4 final batch of V Gundam (while I damn my download limit).

I though V Gundam was slow at the beginning, but once the Shrike team demise start, the show becomes more interesting. At some point, I though it was starting to get boring in the firsts episodes
TheOneManArmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-02-22, 10:15   Link #27
brightman
Ancient Member

Both V and ∀ have relatively slow beginnings but both of them will get extremely interesting after a while...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fronzel
The first Gundam series wasn't that depressing considering the fact half of humanity died...

Actually that doesn't even really count. They died offscreen in the narated prolouge to the first episode. Oh, well.
Yeah the thing is, in V Gundam the NAMED characters that survive (out of 2 or 3 dozens) can be counted on two hands.

Anyway, Gundam X is even better than MSG in terms of off-screen death, since around 95% of humanity dies in that. And that series is probably the less depressing Gundam of all...
Old 2004-02-25, 08:09   Link #28
Quiddity
Emma Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman
That's what happens when he tries to rip off someone else's work... He's much better as an innovator after all.
Since Eva can be considered a ripoff of Tomino's Gundam and Ideon, you can hardly call Brain Powered an Eva ripoff... -_-
Quiddity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-10, 21:14   Link #29
quikimpulse
Suicidal Maniac!!!!!

Post V Gundam

I just started downloading the first ten episodes today tell me. For those of u who have seen any of the V Gundam episodes plz put ur input on this thread
quikimpulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 02:40   Link #30
ultramantaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by quikimpulse
I just started downloading the first ten episodes today tell me. For those of u who have seen any of the V Gundam episodes plz put ur input on this thread
Ok, compared to the other Gundam series, it isn't the worst but it isn't exactly good. I think this is exactly when Yoshiyuki Tomino tried to create a series that will merge elements of F91 with fresh insights in order to breed a new generation of Gundam fans. Well, it didn't do well on both accounts.

First of all, besides the similar beam shields and pilot suits there aren't anything else that reminds me of F91 but another Amuro Ray in the making. While this is still now, deja vu, it was poorly executed here. Frankly, the whole Angel Halo at the end is just wacked. He probably smoked way too much the night before writing the script.

I love the OP and ED though.
ultramantaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 19:27   Link #31
ManaKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
That's why it ranked number 4 on animax top 100 mecha series...

About Victory, I think that's it one of the best Gundam series ever, if you like stuff like Zeta, but if you fancy stuff like Wing and SEED Victory may not be your cup of tea.
And the V2 Gundam if friggin awesome.
ManaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-08-11, 19:57   Link #32
Melazoma

Send a message via AIM to Melazoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManaKnight
That's why it ranked number 4 on animax top 100 mecha series...

About Victory, I think that's it one of the best Gundam series ever, if you like stuff like Zeta, but if you fancy stuff like Wing and SEED Victory may not be your cup of tea.
And the V2 Gundam if friggin awesome.
Oh V2 alone is not quite awesome enough--V2 Gundam Assault Buster has everything a 13 year-old Gundam pilot psycologically breaking down from all the carnage around him.
Melazoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 04:59   Link #33
cloud1989

zz & victory gundam

what ever happened to them. There use to be a link to the fansubs but there gone now. I don't remember them being licenced so what exactly happened.
cloud1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 05:31   Link #34
xris
Just call me Ojisan

If you used the search feature on the AnimeSuki front page you would have found the following.

Gundam ZZ

and

Victory Gundam

Seems all the links are currently inactive, hence no torrents are listed.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 05:40   Link #35
cloud1989

is this something permanent or will they be back up soon.
cloud1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 05:47   Link #36
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud1989
is this something permanent or will they be back up soon.
Unknown, they could come back as soon as a tracker is willing to host them. At the moment though it doesn't seem likely.
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 05:51   Link #37
xris
Just call me Ojisan

We (AnimeSuki) have no control or influence over what the fansub group does. You will need to ask AnimeSkyScraper what's happened to their torrents. I notice their site no longer is available, don't know if they have moved or if they still have a presence elsewhere.

But bottom line, it's up to you to find out. You will have to search and ask for yourself (and we provide enough links on AnimeSuki for you to do this).
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 08:52   Link #38
Shiryuu
Magical Boy

I'm pretty sure AnimeSkyScraper is dead.

Anyways, boxtorrents should have them.
Shiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 10:01   Link #39
vanguardian1

Tried to go there yesterday and today, Boxtorrents is down too (don't know for how long though).
vanguardian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-26, 12:07   Link #40
Commander 598
Zeonic

Send a message via AIM to Commander 598
Mininova has Victory.
Commander 598 is offline   Reply With Quote