AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-16, 09:01   Link #3201
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidetoshi Nakata View Post
Only would be cool, if they did as Fate / zero, a new anime to tell the story of the arrival mars until the fall of the sky.
More if thou are considering civil war between super robots with magical powers, equivalent to nuclear weapons in Mars soil, which has a tiny population and lack of resources, would be an absurd thing.
The biggest problem with the whole VERS bit is how their whole empire seems a bit lopsided. Right now they can sort of play away the inconsistencies because they don't actually have to show them. I mean, consider they're supposedly living on algae and krill yet they're sitting on an untold number of devices that supply them with transfinite amounts of power. It's mind boggling that if Aldnoah really supplies them with enough energy to do all this stuff their Kats do they haven't terraformed the planet yet.

The main issue with running any sort of prequel anime would be that they aren't going to be able to have the mech battles they have now, plus the only character people would be able to directly relate to from the current series is Ray unless they basically just do a series around Heaven's Fall where we'd know most of the counts.

There's material out there, the main problem is going to be is it interesting enough to go ahead with.
Old 2015-03-16, 09:53   Link #3202
Oboro

I'm always afraid when a second season come out of nowhere.
Obv if the original plan, the story, was done to have more than a season would be good, but extend a story too much often lowers the quality of the whole story itself, and we have many examples from the anime of the past.
All the A/Z story from the start till the last episode works about Asseylum, and her pivotal role, not only for the main chars (Inaoh and Slaine) but for the whole war, the plot "used" her a lot (fake assassination attempt, fighting side by side with the terrans againts her kingdom, Rayet assasination attempt, wounded by saaz and barely dead, in coma, in amnesia, jailed by Slaine): i don't know how they can continue to "use" her without doing and repeat again and again the same stuff
And without her Inaoh and Slaine will lose their motivation and reason to be in the show at this point.
On the other side the writers of A/Z where very good imho, not only about the chars progression, shipping aside, but also about metaphors , meanings, relationship, the mirroring of the situations (what i've called elsewhere as an inverse mirror or musically a Mirror canon) and so on.
Those are imho the good stuff about A/Z, that in the very end is a classic mecha story, 2 guys antagonists and enemies, with different behaviours, 2 factions none of the two good or villain (at least from the start... since the second cour Slaine, go through the "dark side") and so on, so nothing "new" in the anime scene or in the classic mecha anime scene (read as from tomino to the present day).
So if they really want to extend or use A/Z as a frachise i really hope that they will use this scenario for new stories in the A/Z universe (past stories, or side story), than extend too much this one with with the danger to ruin it.

Last edited by Oboro; 2015-03-16 at 11:35.
Old 2015-03-16, 13:13   Link #3203
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I admit that things get a little more complicated since Ray's VA died, but that doesn't preclude there being more royal heirs kicking around somewhere, heck they could just have Ray's official heir have survived Heaven's Fall somehow, it's not like they've really given us much detail how the emperor of the time actually died, so they could pretty easily write it in that he's been in hiding and steps in to retake the throne and restart the war now that he's recovered.

Basically there's a lot of material that they (at least as far as I know) haven't fleshed out that could be used to roll a second 13 episode season that focuses on Mars since that's always been the show's most vague aspect of things. Sure to actually follow through on some plots they'd have to basically ass pull some explanations, but we've already seen enough people not die, that I don't think it would really be that big a deal
I think having more heirs, while certainly very much a possibility, is just too convenient for storytelling purpose: another season/broadcast arc, another heir popping up to replace the old.

I would rather the third season be a direct continuation of whatever happened now unless it's an actual sequel series, not just another season.
Old 2015-03-16, 20:15   Link #3204
AverageFan

In the first season in episode 11, Inaho had his Sleipnir equipped with the extra armor, official called then Belisalius Conformal Power Assist System. Depending on what happens and if Inoha or some one has to fight the two Martian Kats, it may appear again. The armor seemed to be pretty effective last time it was shown so it may appear again or something. But may be not since there in space.
Old 2015-03-18, 03:17   Link #3205
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

Cool

Newtype April 2015

Inaho appears for the fourth time in Newtype, now #8. Few changes for the March issue.

Male Ranking:
1. Kougami Shinya
2. Archer
3. Kirito
4. Shiro
5. Ginoza
6. Araragi
7. Producer
8. Inaho
9. Meliodas
10. Bellri

Female ranking:
1. Tsunemori Akane
2. Saber
3. Tohsaka Rin
4. Asuna
5. Ange
6. Rei (Evangelion)
7. Rin
8. Shinobu
9. Sento
10.Azuma

The highlight is by Slaine account.
Coming out of the list, and will not appear in the April issue.

Link
Old 2015-03-18, 04:09   Link #3206
Oboro

A week ago in those pages wasn't Slaine the one form A/Z to have so much fans that plans even to boycott the Br/dvd sales if he don't get a good ending?
Old 2015-03-18, 09:19   Link #3207
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

This is why I didn't post the poll results this month, but it was too much to hope that no one would post them, huh?

Inaho has always been more popular in Newtype, so nothing has really changed. So it'd be really nice if people stopped gloating..

Just suggesting.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Old 2015-03-18, 09:51   Link #3208
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

The public of Newtype, is geared more for the fans of action, mecha, shounen, they like characters who participates directly battles.
Just see the presence of Slaine in the March edition, it was because it appeared more on the battlefield, and fighting, participating directly in war. When your focus again returned to the drama, he stopped direct part in the battles, and was pressure in his castle, he left the list.
We have to take into consideration that different from the other main characters of the mecha genre, which has its focus on directly battles and the war, and has great presence on the battlefield, the focus Slaine's character is the drama, he is not connected directly to wars and battles, he has little interest in bathas and little presence on the battlefield.
Old 2015-03-18, 10:45   Link #3209
Oboro

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
This is why I didn't post the poll results this month, but it was too much to hope that no one would post them, huh?

Inaho has always been more popular in Newtype, so nothing has really changed. So it'd be really nice if people stopped gloating..

Just suggesting.
no wait i'm not gloating, i can't read japanese so i really don't know anything about polls on magazines and stuff , the only thing i know about the audience if it is true , that i've read elsewhere, is that slaine is the favorite char for the female audience,so i just asked
Old 2015-03-18, 11:18   Link #3210
Hidetoshi Nakata
Banned

There is a very similar case in football, David Beckham a player that stands out more for beauty, marketing and his life off the field, than for its football.
extremely popular among women, and fans gls, has a legion of fans who are not football fans.
Old 2015-03-18, 22:06   Link #3211
D-Joe

Episode 23 preview

Old 2015-03-18, 22:07   Link #3212
neobosco

preview pic:

Old 2015-03-18, 22:39   Link #3213
lubczyk

Oh look, Inaho is alive. Surprise, surprise.

Last edited by lubczyk; 2015-03-18 at 23:04.
Old 2015-03-19, 03:43   Link #3214
setsunafseiei

Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
you gotta do better than that to kill such amazing character . Can anyone translate what rayet narration is all about ?

On the other note , I'm kinda sad that Crutheo jr going to take away princess after such brief reunion with Inaho .
Kid need some love other than his sister
Old 2015-03-19, 04:10   Link #3215
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubczyk View Post
Why wouldnt he have been?
Old 2015-03-19, 08:34   Link #3216
Arya

Yuki-nee's hug? It's a good episode already!!

The possibility of him being caught by Slaine is gone. He'll be back on Deucalion. So, probably he won't fight anymore in this episode, if not as cliffhanger for the finale.
Meanwhile apparently Asseylum will explain Crutheo's son how things really are and something obviously will happen between Harklight and the other count.

It seems Slaine's house of cards collapsing is reaching the climax. Let's see if his necklace will have some power of he is just looking at it before going out with the Tharsis.

Now, considering the time left there's not much room for the pieces to be put together. So, I'm thinking that it's likely that Asseylum will definitely end on the Deucalion, if not physically at least symbolically. Crutheo's son and Mazuurek don't have much to back her up at the moment, so Deucalion could become her sword or the like. Deucalion symbolizes her growing-up after all (having Mars and Moon symbolizing her being stuck instead) so it would be pretty cool and fitting to have her on board for the end of the season.

And we are on the moon, where supposedly Sleipnir and Tharsis will fight and destroy each other.
Considering the show's previous ideas I'm curious too see the retake of the end of season 1.

So for the hard guessing time, here I go about the ending, considering all the mirroring and parallels drawn by the show, Slaine should take Saazbaum's role wanting to kill, guess who, Inaho. So Inaho will take Asseylum's role and so Asseylum Slaine's.
Not still sure on how I'd like it to end, but if anything this time things should go as they should have gone, with Asseylum not helping Slaine for starters. And then well, everything could happen. But it would be important to mark this point.

Well, or also it could be Slaine being Inaho and Inaho being Saazbaum. With Seylum helping Inaho against a very formidable Tharsis.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:17   Link #3217
endarion88

what if the hug is just a flashback?
Old 2015-03-19, 10:34   Link #3218
Arya

Well, it could even be one, considering there are two episodes left it doesn't make much difference for Inaho. If instead you are implying something about Yuki-nee I will pretend to have not heard you

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-03-19, 10:52   Link #3219
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
A week ago in those pages wasn't Slaine the one form A/Z to have so much fans that plans even to boycott the Br/dvd sales if he don't get a good ending?
Why it couldn't be Inaho's fans boycotting the blu-ray for the death flags they are giving to Inaho?
Old 2015-03-19, 10:56   Link #3220
endarion88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oboro View Post
i will boycott the bd if he DOES get a good end lol
Quote:
Well, it could even be one, considering there are two episodes left it doesn't make much difference for Inaho. If instead you are implying something about Yuki-nee I will pretend to have not heard you
i just thought it's kind of weird for him to go from begin unconscious on the enemy base then suddendly he his in yuki-nee arm on the ducalion and all of this during the final battle? doesn't make much sense, also his space-suit got a few rips now so teoricaly speaking he should't even be able to go back to his slepnir let alone the deucalion without somone help or some kind of spaceship

Last edited by endarion88; 2015-03-19 at 11:08.
Closed Thread