Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-03-23, 03:46   Link #61
SineMora
Wait for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sasuke706 View Post
And the protagonist steadily becomes more and more inhuman.
His race being a dhampir and this point is cute in comparison.

I also learned the author has a pixiv where he's done some...interesting things.
Like an R18 zombie harem story.
Woot! Msg the link please?

"Time is more gentle than anything. Even though the two of them will lose this once in a year opportunity to meet, that sadness will heal as time passes. However time is also more cruel than any other, even though the two lovers have pledged their love for all eternity, that pure emotion will fade away into dust in the flow of time. That one instant where their existence are recognized by each other are being constantly taken away by fate, just how long will the lover that resides in their heart exist till?" -Tokisaki Kurumi.
SineMora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-23, 11:50   Link #62
sasuke706

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
I must've missed that, but you'd think there would be at least some evolved forms of previous jobs. It's interesting that he seems to have inherited the heroes talents for craft jobs. Despite having no professional bonus at all he's got a wide variety of craft skills at decent levels. He even taught himself most of it.

Is it ever mentioned whether it's possible Vandalieu could get access to the rank system of non-humans in the future?
I don't actually know the requirement for advanced jobs. Maybe his Death Magic still just isn't high enough.
We know melee classes get advanced ones easily, but even the ghoul mage with high light magic didn't get an advanced light one.
Maybe mages don't get an advanced mage job until they reach level 10 or get an advanced magic skill.
So far all we've seen is Apprentice Mage > Mage > (Attribute, like Light) Mage for tiers.
As a fun note, the author did provide examples of what advanced magic skills look like (fire-god magic, dragon-fire magic, etc), although so far none have been confirmed in story.

And he could get the monster rank system if he turns undead again, which would also mean losing his human job system abilities though.
Otherwise, there hasn't been a way mentioned so far. I don't think you can turn a dhampir into a vampire, at least?
Not that it really matters since he's already the most monster-like in the story so far without it.
sasuke706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 13:48   Link #63
bludvein

So will Vandaru go around picking up the pieces of the devil or will the story see that they just coincidentally fall into his lap? I thought he'd get some more skill-ups out of this piece like he did with the first one, but maybe he got stats instead.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the vampires are a little pathetic for their supposed ages?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 16:12   Link #64
sasuke706

Well, a lot of the demon lord pieces have been taken. For example, the other two Purebreeds each have their own. And seeing as those two are both on his must kill list, he's at least getting two more.
And he probably got plenty of stats just from the Purebreed's blood, since his upgraded bloodsuck skill also nets him some stat points (apparently very little though).
It still makes for a good weapon since the horns are stronger than every metal except for that one metal that can only be forged by gods or whatever.

And yeah, they're a little pathetic. The author said it was basically because they spent the past 10,000 or so years sitting on their ass with no real threat, so they got a wee bit rusty and careless.
Then again, the guy's attack that can cut through a mountain was also described as a 'scratch' from looking at her vitality (HP). And she kind of regenerated from chunks of meat that was her head, and that was in situation where she basically had no mana left, so their regen probably has nothing to do with mana. It goes to show why some other Purebreeds got sealed away instead of getting killed, since they're stupidly hard to kill even if they're shit at fighting.
But if she hadn't been weakened by Heinz's crew, Vandalieu probably would've had to flee, since his weakness is single powerful attacks (that she can ordinarily spam), but had already used up everything on the adventurers who are used to that kind of thing and could deal with it.
And she had a negative sanity value from the horn at that point.

I just wanna know what he's going to do with her body. Author basically confirmed he's going to at least use it to heal the new butler, but it's probably capable of so much more.
Like being ingredients for finally reviving mom.

Last edited by sasuke706; 2016-03-31 at 20:16.
Old 2016-04-01, 03:18   Link #65
sunsown

@sasuke706
I have not read the last couple of chapters as I am waiting for the next chapter to read them all together but I saw them on a glance.

Is Teneshia in soul form or is she still alive? I thought she escaped when Birukain and Gubamon arrived or maybe I read it wrong.
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-01, 03:38   Link #66
sasuke706

Yeah, she escaped alive. Well, half-alive. Quarter-alive? Not very alive, anyway.
Although the author basically said in a comment reply that her alive status isn't going to last long.
Since her teleportation was only two-way, her choices were literally only stay with Vandalieu / the two traitor Purebreeds, or returning to Heinz's vampire slaying crew.
Pretty shit options for her all around, but thaaat's karma. At least she gets to kinda choose how she dies.

Vandalieu won't be able to get her experience, but he still might be able to charm her soul (and then break it because he hates her) like he did with the 3 Dogs that Heinz killed.
Unfortunately, Vandalieu is the type to prioritize emotion over practicality, so her 100,000 years of knowledge is going be ignored by him in all likelihood. Then again, he did say she was comparatively low priority on his enemy list.
Granted everyone on his enemy list is still must kill status.

Speaking of things the author's replied about, apparently the Demon Lord was a hard-to-describe thing from another world. That'll make for some fun body parts.
Old 2016-04-01, 04:41   Link #67
sunsown

^
I sort of thought it would have be cool to see her like Ira under Vandalieu but looks like she might be killed. Looking forward to the next chapter.

About the Demon Lord, seeing how Vandalieu is doing things which turn out to be evil in the eyes of other people but in actuality he is just trying to protect himself and those around him, maybe the Demon Lord was also doing the same.
sunsown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-03, 05:19   Link #68
cabman11

So yeah...bellwood was a forest hippie....... (ಠ⌣ಠ)
Old 2016-04-06, 19:16   Link #69
cabman11

ッカートやアークが再現できなかったラーメンや味噌、醤油を彼は再現した。

This is stupid
Old 2016-04-06, 19:28   Link #70
sasuke706

While I agree it's ridiculous, it also goes to show why they're unconditionally supporting Vandalieu.
They doted on their chosen heroes, or in this case "invaders," simply because they were their heroes.
And since they were extremely doting on these heroes, they would naturally take interest in what they showed interest in or talked about with zeal.
In this case, Japanese people have trouble not constantly bringing up Japanese food for some reason.
They likely don't care all that much about the food itself, but more that their heroes cared about the food.

After all, they want to dote on these heroes so much that they don't mind that Vandalieu is 4 souls patched together, doesn't remember them, will consider them enemies with one misconstrued action, breaks souls, is slowly becoming the next demon lord, will stop at almost nothing to end his enemies and use their corpses for various things, and makes undead willy-nilly (granted Vida already supported the undead thing).
It goes to show how gods have very different personalities and morals from people.

Also, did you notice how the Eighth Guidance—the other test subjects at the research facility Vandalieu died in on Origin—were likely all Death Charmed by him?
I find it amusing he left behind a cult by accident when he was just trying to let them out.
Old 2016-04-06, 20:19   Link #71
cabman11

I personally want him to learn how to use the soul magic to access the Astros record also like that guys Oracle.
I think he said that his problem was because he didn't have enough magic to support it? So what about MC's magic?
Old 2016-04-15, 13:18   Link #72
cabman11

I've lost track of the total amount of buffs he gives his followers now.
Old 2016-04-15, 14:03   Link #73
sasuke706

Depends on what you qualify as buff.
Due to his King Title, he gives all his subjects Strengthen Minion (supposed to be for monsters, but works on all his friends as a special case), and Strengthen Subordinate which is meant for humans but seems to overall have a weaker effect than the Minion one but more is more. This makes his minions like 1.5-2 monster ranks stronger, which is still a lot.
King title also grants them night vision or dark vision depending on their race.
There's also Resist Sunlight for vampires.
The buff that Vida gave him also apparently removes the limit to the strength he and his minions can reach. There's still 'walls' though.
That covers normal buffs.

But he also has his Hell Copper and Death Iron that he can make and buff with his Death Magic, which could be considered buffs I suppose. Though the buffs amount to basically + or - damage.
And he can make Explorer Cards from the Hell Copper that can teleport its holder from floor to floor inside a dungeon as long as they've been there before.

So it's nothing too absurd.
At least until gets the 'Demon Guide (what we discussed earlier as Sorcerer)' job which is supposed to be fucking absurd for his own growth and those around him. That'll be fun.
Heinz also seems like he's going to get the human version of it.
Old 2016-04-15, 14:32   Link #74
Rasty

How old is the MC by the current chapters? And was there any romance developement?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-15, 14:37   Link #75
sasuke706

He's very close to turning 8.
And there's kinda been romantic developments?
I mean, he more or less promised to be several of the women for life. He and a ghost princess had a back and forth about how he'll have a long life (estimated to be 5000 years old) but she being a ghost doesn't have a life span, so it's ok.
Though being an (almost) 8-year-old, there obviously hasn't been all too much in the way of actual events.
Old 2016-04-22, 23:47   Link #76
bludvein

Vandalieu still seems to be a long way from an overpowered demon king, but at least he's getting there bit by bit. Would still get destroyed by Heinz or the original vampires at least 9 out of 10 times though, much less gods. He's doing alright so far mostly because of luck.

The reincarnation god is starting to get desperate, so it's about time for him to send over some new assassins.
Old 2016-04-23, 01:03   Link #77
cabman11

He's already killed some lesser Gods. He's not weak
Old 2016-04-23, 01:35   Link #78
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
He's already killed some lesser Gods. He's not weak
I never said he was weak, just that he has a long ways to go to be a proper demon king. Comparatively speaking, if you exclude magic amount his stats are barely over 1/10th of Heinz's. The whole god killing thing took perfect circumstances, but the author himself said Vandalieu was only about C-rank if he fights normally(as in no creepy tricks). He's A-class if he uses the insects and plants on his body as well as specter magic, and S if he uses the pieces of the demon king in addition to that. Personal combat is still his weak spot.

His enemies really could have already solved him if they weren't stupid with their half-assed measures.
Old 2016-04-23, 08:06   Link #79
sasuke706

While I agree, their half-assed measures are mostly not realizing he has an adult mind (that's regressed back to a sort of childish state, baaah) and has high as hell potential despite being a dhampir.
The gods can't seem to come down themselves into his land because the only god his lands believe in is Vida, which means for the gods to do shit themselves they'd have to send a bunch of believers/soldiers there first.
Even then, the problem with that is Vandalieu has the Slay God skill, which greatly increases damage against said gods.

Besides, it's basically too late to do any quick measures. He's gotten way too set-up in the mountains.
And now all his minions are on an evolution spree. He's still mostly an unknown threat to most people as well; getting information about him is difficult.
Old 2016-05-04, 18:41   Link #80
bludvein

New chapter...

I really don't get it. There's plenty of ways the reincarnation god can bribe or threaten to get what he wants, and instead he gives them the truth, making them sympathetic to his "enemy." He even gives them new cheats before sending them on their way. Most incompetent villain ever.

Tags
fantasy, harem, mature content, multiple factions, non-human protagonist, revenge, shota protagonist, shotacon, villain protagonist