AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2018-01-01, 18:30   Link #6541
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
in his shoes, after their parents parents abandoned thime chifuyu gave up most of the enoughment of being a kid in order to raise ichika because she did not abandon him, forfit a torniment when phantom task kidnapped ichika, he basically her whole world & also keeping her from becoming like tabane or madoka, do u think chifuyu is actually afraid that ichika might leave her when he finds out why he can pilot an IS unit along with their connection with madoka & phantom task?
So what you're saying is that the reason why Chifuyu having Ichika around her to keep her pure from falling into the dark side, correct? I see that he's represents the light towards her. But if you feel that why, then she must find her own inner light within herself. It's not good to take advantages of his kindness. If she wanted him to grow, then she have to let him gain experience. Without that maturity, Ichika won't be able to evolve. Even if he does leaves her, Chifuyu can remember her brother is always in her heart as she remember the things that reminds her of him. If you keep the melon in the fridge, eventually it won't taste as good.
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-01, 20:31   Link #6542
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
So what you're saying is that the reason why Chifuyu having Ichika around her to keep her pure from falling into the dark side, correct? I see that he's represents the light towards her. But if you feel that why, then she must find her own inner light within herself. It's not good to take advantages of his kindness. If she wanted him to grow, then she have to let him gain experience. Without that maturity, Ichika won't be able to evolve. Even if he does leaves her, Chifuyu can remember her brother is always in her heart as she remember the things that reminds her of him. If you keep the melon in the fridge, eventually it won't taste as good.
it not just her, having ichika around houki & the rest of the harem kept them from falling into the dark side. Laura was deep in the darkside until after ichika saved her, chifuyu & the harem all have this in common: they're trainwrecks, i wonder how the hell did she mantage to raise ichika turning into the type of guy that caused his harem to be perverted. Not to mention the girls in ichika's harem lives are a shithole:
  • Houki had to move constanly because of her sister, who she hates
  • cecelia's parent were executed due to their greed because they accepted a IS core phantom task was stole, causing her to protect her family's company and wealth along with getting her original IS unit stolen by the same people who gaved her parents the core
  • rin's parents got a divorced & she moved back to china
  • charlotte is a illegimate child, who was treat like crap & forced to pretend to be a dude
  • laura was basically born in a lab & raise by the army to be cold & murderous, tried to murder ichika
  • kanzaki was basically overshadowed by her older sister for her IS skills, causing a tear in their relationship
  • tatenashi, however beside how crappy her relationship with younger sister, it is unknown how or if her life growing up was hellish

plus the girls r constantly hanging around, thus making it difficult for him to fight one on one to level up, & with how skilled they are plus his sister it completly shattered ichika's ego the only way for him to get stronger is for him to leave the academy, which he can't because it would completly devestated them, actually what would happen if ichika left the academy?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-02, 00:55   Link #6543
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
it not just her, having ichika around houki & the rest of the harem kept them from falling into the dark side. Laura was deep in the darkside until after ichika saved her, chifuyu & the harem all have this in common: they're trainwrecks, i wonder how the hell did she mantage to raise ichika turning into the type of guy that caused his harem to be perverted. Not to mention the girls in ichika's harem lives are a shithole:
  • Houki had to move constanly because of her sister, who she hates
  • cecelia's parent were executed due to their greed because they accepted a IS core phantom task was stole, causing her to protect her family's company and wealth along with getting her original IS unit stolen by the same people who gaved her parents the core
  • rin's parents got a divorced & she moved back to china
  • charlotte is a illegimate child, who was treat like crap & forced to pretend to be a dude
  • laura was basically born in a lab & raise by the army to be cold & murderous, tried to murder ichika
  • kanzaki was basically overshadowed by her older sister for her IS skills, causing a tear in their relationship
  • tatenashi, however beside how crappy her relationship with younger sister, it is unknown how or if her life growing up was hellish

plus the girls r constantly hanging around, thus making it difficult for him to fight one on one to level up, & with how skilled they are plus his sister it completly shattered ichika's ego the only way for him to get stronger is for him to leave the academy, which he can't because it would completly devestated them, actually what would happen if ichika left the academy?
Oh, yeah. What the girls in the harem are planning to do when Ichika is not around?
Old 2018-01-04, 11:10   Link #6544
Gespenst1

Quote:
[*]tatenashi, however beside how crappy her relationship with younger sister, it is unknown how or if her life growing up was hellish[/LIST]
I have a theory on that: Tatenashi might have issues with being the heiress to the Sarashiki clan. Remember, at the end of Volume 8, she told Ichika only that her real name is "Katana", with the name Tatenashi for the first-born child of the Sarashiki family.

Based on that, her issues would be that she wants to live life the way she wants to. As far as she is concerned, being the family heiress doesn't appeal to her, as well as having to privately battle Phantom Task. It explains all of the outrageous things she had done since she was introduced.
Gespenst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-01-25, 12:36   Link #6545
Chaos-Zero

It's been 7 years since the first volume of the light novel came out. Has any girl making progress with Ichika yet? So far, not one of them haven't get any closer to him. And not one of them have not meet any requirements such as to take down Chifuyu in combat, have what it takes to protect him from any and all threats including the jealous girls and oneself, proven herself worthy, and or to love him unselfishly as well.
Old 2018-02-11, 06:52   Link #6546
Oslight
*Scanlator

Chapter 29 of the manga is out. Download it from Rapidswitch, since Batoto is dead.
Oslight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-11, 10:05   Link #6547
Chaos-Zero

So Infinite Stratos Yuuki Homura Chapter 29 is based on episode 12 of the first season. But the difference is that they managed to succeed of stopping the Silver Gospel with just Ichika and Houki instead of the entire group.
Old 2018-02-23, 20:49   Link #6548
Silvertail

Volume 12 has been announced to be release on April 25. The cover is on the same site the last volume was seen on. I found it on Daupao site. (the person who's been translating Volume 9).
Silvertail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 20:52   Link #6549
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

https://daupao.wordpress.com/2018/02...story-preview/

HYPE!

But frankly, Izuru, he really needs too diverse the harem. We have got too many Europeans and Japanese already? When will I have my ebony?
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-23, 23:12   Link #6550
SILENTANIMELOVER

Good to hear! At least, we didn't have wait years for the next volume to come out.
SILENTANIMELOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 13:26   Link #6551
bones

Just noticed that J-Novel is translating Infinite Stratos. Vol 12 preview huh, looks like it's time for Houki to claim the true wife spot.

Last edited by bones; 2018-02-27 at 14:16.
bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-27, 14:32   Link #6552
bakato

Wonderful. We can bitch about this place over again.
Old 2018-02-27, 15:16   Link #6553
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
Just noticed that J-Novel is translating Infinite Stratos. Vol 12 preview huh, looks like it's time for Houki to claim the true wife spot.
I added the Licensed prefix to the thread although it only applies to the Light Novel in this case. All rules regarding licensed novels are now in effect.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-02-28, 06:27   Link #6554
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by bones View Post
so has chifuyu show signs of refusing to give up her brother to her students, but more serious that before
Old 2018-02-28, 13:13   Link #6555
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
so has chifuyu show signs of refusing to give up her brother to her students, but more serious that before
Things are going to get sticky. So Houki gets kidnapped by some unknown mass-produced unit? I hope Ichika rescues her.
Old 2018-03-01, 11:41   Link #6556
Convoy
Knight of Infinity

Wow, a new novel volume this year? And a licensed English translation of the series?

Exciting!

I'm not terribly excited that Houki has to be a damsel-in-distress, but I hope this advances Ichika and Houki's relationship somehow.

Last edited by Convoy; 2018-03-02 at 15:15.
Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-01, 21:34   Link #6557
Kadmos1
≠epic failure

On the forum thread for the ANN announcement "NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses Infinite Stratos, The Unwanted Undead Adventurer Light Novels" , I wrote a 2/28 post that said the following:

Quote:
The pace that J-Novel releases their volumes is actually good compared to the length people sometimes wait for fan translations of a light novel chapter. If the company gets bigger (say they had 13 staff members and 10 translators), they could potentially increase yearly output to 10-12 vol.
It was another case of sempai noticing me when Quarkboy (on the ANN forums, he is "samuelp") quoted me and said
Quote:
We have over 20 translators and 35-40 active freelance staff including editors and checkers now....

But I could have 200 and it wouldn't increase our pace on a _single_ series to 10-12 a year. Since I'm not going to put multiple translators on a single series (unless one quits in the middle). And forcing a single translator to do 12 volumes in a year of a single series is going to lower quality, I guarantee it. 1 volume per series every 2 months, max 2 series at once is what I believe is the limit for people before they start burning out.
This is a good business model. Even the absolute best and quickest Japanese-to-English need sleep. 2 months for 1 vol. is a good output. If the light novel was 150-175 pages, a vol. might be translated quicker. However, since many are 250-300+ pages, the 2 months is a good plan.
Old 2018-03-02, 06:35   Link #6558
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadmos1 View Post
On the forum thread for the ANN announcement "NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses Infinite Stratos, The Unwanted Undead Adventurer Light Novels" , I wrote a 2/28 post that said the following:
It was another case of sempai noticing me when Quarkboy (on the ANN forums, he is "samuelp") quoted me and said
This is a good business model. Even the absolute best and quickest Japanese-to-English need sleep. 2 months for 1 vol. is a good output. If the light novel was 150-175 pages, a vol. might be translated quicker. However, since many are 250-300+ pages, the 2 months is a good plan.
especially now that baka tsuki has officially abondoned translating IS & deleted all the volumes that they translated except for the side stories
Old 2018-03-02, 12:08   Link #6559
The Chaos Entity
Yes, I'm a girl?

Quote:
especially now that baka tsuki has officially abondoned translating IS & deleted all the volumes that they translated except for the side stories
Baka-Tsuki are legally obliged to do that if a novel gets officially licensed.
Old 2018-03-09, 03:13   Link #6560
readher

One volume every two months is standard for both manga and LNs published in Poland. Mangas used to release one volume per month, but publishers decided that the main target age group (mostly teenagers) don't have enough money to buy that often so they changed it to two months like LNs. There are delays from time to time, but they're almost always due to print contractors (there is no digital market in Poland for mangas and LNs) being overworked.
readher is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
blockhead protagonist, comparison, fanservice, harem, manga rebooted, mecha, seinen, shounen