Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2016-09-21, 16:45   Link #21
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
Well, that's basically the Pacifista army right? This Germa arc is the explanation for that. Vegapunk cloned Kuma's body and added some cyborg components and Kizuru's power to them. I'm sure that the Pacifista will be even more powerful the next time we see them though. Or there will be a more advanced version to be unveiled later.
The Pacifista are different in that they're not organic at all, aren't they? I wouldn't say that's the same thing. Although It may be the case that Vegapunk at some point started to transition from organic clones to machines for some reason. Maybe they're just easier to mass produce. We found out that it takes 5 years to produce one Germa Soldier. A Pacifista should be done and ready much quicker than that. Also, we've already seen how strong a Pacifista is. I doubt a single Germa soldier could outclass one of those machines. Then again we have Judge's sons who are much stronger and who were manufactured in some way or at least tempered with after conception. But the process involved there is probably more complex.
Old 2016-09-21, 17:39   Link #22
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Wow, so the bunch of useless brothers couldn't even fight Sanji without blackmailing. No wonder they were largely unhearded of until now.

The sister seemed nice through, funny how her shirt has D instead of number
Old 2016-09-21, 18:24   Link #23
marvelB

I know a lot of people have their doubts about the Vinsmokes due to them playing dirty (Judge hiding behind a wall of soldiers, their constant threats to kill Zeff), but I still really don't think that makes them pushovers. I mean, notice that Niji seemed to have his freaking jaw dislocated by Sanji when he got kicked, yet as soon as he sneaked behind his younger bro, his face had no visible damage (no blood, bruises, etc.). Plus, we shouldn't ignore the flashback which showed how strong Sanji's siblings were as kids. While I'm certain myself that the present Sanji could thrash his family were he to go all-out, my guess is that Oda is purposely keeping the level between Sanji and his family vague for now, due to the blackmail situation. However, once Zeff's safety is guaranteed, we'll know for certain just how much a "normal" human like the Black Leg stands against the "superhuman" Vinsmokes..... however, I kinda feel that it still won't be such a one-sided affair when that time comes, either....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
I start to think that is it only Sanji in Germa family that can use Haki?

Can't say for sure, but seeing as Judge instantly noticed that Sanji was capable of using CoA haki, I'd say the possibility is there that the others can use it, as well. Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Judge can use conqueror's haki, what with him being a king and all.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 19:22   Link #24
Galaxian

Hah... One Piece's patented Heartbreaking Flashbacks *tm* pays us yet another visit.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 19:42   Link #25
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreGon45 View Post
Does anyone else find it kind of ironic that Sanji, a french based character got an iron mask? This of course following the three musketeers and the man in the iron mask. Now knowing Oda at this point that may have been his aim, but if it wasn't that's one hell of a coincidence. The three musketeers Ichiji, Niji, and Yonji, with Sanji being the man in the iron mask.
Maybe Oda had a netflix binge then decided to write this arc. I felt like it started out like Star Wars with the clones then went on to Gattica with the genetically engineered brothers and Sanji being the "dud" and then you just pointed out that.

Also I would like to see Sanji wipe the floor with his family later, I was thinking of new powerups, like a diable jambe Rankyaku
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 20:35   Link #26
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Order 66.. I wonder if Sanji actually can takes command of Germa and annihilate his own family through force?

From how Germa make connections with Vegapunk i think i start to think about each of their specializations. Vegapunk specialized in mechanized or cyborg just like how Franky are able to upgrade himself, Germa specialized in establishing clone soldiers and Caesar that was specialized in gas or biochemical attacks.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 20:39   Link #27
Wandering Soul

I really can't wait until Sanji's brothers get their asses handed to them. I do wonder how strong they are compared to him.
Old 2016-09-21, 20:40   Link #28
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
The Pacifista are different in that they're not organic at all, aren't they? I wouldn't say that's the same thing.
When Drake bit one as a T Rex, the Pacifista bled so we know they are at least part human. That's why they look like Kuma. If they were just cyborgs they could look like anyone. I assume Kuma was chosen because his body is so tough.

Quote:
We found out that it takes 5 years to produce one Germa Soldier. A Pacifista should be done and ready much quicker than that. Also, we've already seen how strong a Pacifista is. I doubt a single Germa soldier could outclass one of those machines.
Those points fit in to Vegapunk being a better scientist than Judge I would assume.

Quote:
Then again we have Judge's sons who are much stronger and who were manufactured in some way or at least tempered with after conception. But the process involved there is probably more complex.
Yea, I don't think the kids are clones. They are other types of experiments that involve actual childbirth I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Maybe Oda had a netflix binge then decided to write this arc. I felt like it started out like Star Wars with the clones then went on to Gattica with the genetically engineered brothers and Sanji being the "dud" and then you just pointed out that.
Ha! Nice Gattaca reference I vaguely remember that Jude Law was an exceptional clone who was injured and Ethan Hawke was the dud who took his place? I don't think that quite fits here, but I like it anyway

Also, it is pretty weird how the clones resemble Vergo. Maybe they all get food stuck to their faces?
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 22:09   Link #29
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Considering that we now know Reiju is good, what if the bracelets that she put on Sanji were fakes so that if he went berserk he wouldn't have his hands blown off?
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-21, 23:47   Link #30
The Small One

BTW, was it mentioned before, that Vegapunk was once a wanted criminal?
I wonder if he is actually working for the WG on his own free will, or if he is forced to work for them. There is hardly an arc in OP in which this character isn't mentioned, yet we still don't know very much about him.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 01:13   Link #31
Rainbowman

Vegapunk again. Every time I hear that name I want him to appear more than ever. 😆
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 05:31   Link #32
Kal D. Sonbaty

What if Sanji's mother is not really dead ( in the flashback I mean), and Judge just did to her what he did to Sanji in this chapter and imprisoned her? Then she helps him escape and dies in the process?
Kal D. Sonbaty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-22, 06:30   Link #33
Ramero

^ That could be a reason why Sanji doesn't want to kick a woman as well but still we didn't know how Sanji was be able to establish a code that he won't allow himself to kick a woman.

I hope on upcoming chapters the main reason of Sanji's principles or code for not kicking any female will be revealed.
Old 2016-09-22, 08:33   Link #34
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

sanji's sister joining the crew?
Old 2016-09-22, 09:18   Link #35
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
If that happens possibly will be Nami vs Reiji just like at boys where Zoro vs Sanji happens most of time.
Old 2016-09-22, 10:24   Link #36
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
If it's going to be someone other than Jimbei or in addition to him, then my money is on Carrot joining.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-24, 14:50   Link #37
marvelB

So.... I brought this up last page, but I'm pretty curious about that "Lineage Factor" that was mentioned this chapter. Law said at the end of Punk Hazard that Caesar used Vegapunk's Lineage Factor to produce the SAD and Smiles, and this chapter we learn that Judge used that very same factor to experiment with cloning and gene mutation, hence the creation of his army. I think it will be quite interesting to see how the Lineage Factor will come into play in the future. Seeing as how it was used to create artificial devil fruits, I don't think it's preposterous to assume that it's also connected to the mystery of how the original fruits came into existence.....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-09-25, 11:39   Link #38
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
So.... I brought this up last page, but I'm pretty curious about that "Lineage Factor" that was mentioned this chapter. Law said at the end of Punk Hazard that Caesar used Vegapunk's Lineage Factor to produce the SAD and Smiles, and this chapter we learn that Judge used that very same factor to experiment with cloning and gene mutation, hence the creation of his army. I think it will be quite interesting to see how the Lineage Factor will come into play in the future. Seeing as how it was used to create artificial devil fruits, I don't think it's preposterous to assume that it's also connected to the mystery of how the original fruits came into existence.....
Possibly Vegapunk want to Cybernize people which turns them to a cyborg by studying human components itself. Judge possibly adopt the sustainability of the Human DNA and able to create clones as much as he like.

For the case of Caesar i still don't know where to link of Vegapunk's Lineage Factor itself since we saw several clues that Vegapunk was deeply specialized in mech technology.
Old 2016-09-25, 12:51   Link #39
foxbox360
New Age Badass

Having more girls on the crew is long overdue.
Old 2016-09-25, 13:46   Link #40
Darklucky

Sorry if this's either been established in the manga or this forum, but whats the insinuation with the siblings' brow curl being opposite of Sanji's? And (i'll be crucified for this) have we really never seen his other eye/brow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxbox360 View Post
Having more girls on the crew is long overdue.
so agree. I still wonder if Oda is reluctant to add any more shipmates in fear of oversaturating the main cast.

Also the problem with adding a 3rd female to crew is that all the female character designs of OP are so tragically similar it would maybe feel redundant, wouldn't it?
Darklucky is offline   Reply With Quote