AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is the best girl?
Ichika 14 7.69%
Nino 30 16.48%
Miku 95 52.20%
Yotsuba 23 12.64%
Itsuki 18 9.89%
Other 2 1.10%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2020-02-15, 15:10   Link #5381
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
It was pretty sweet that Fuutarou identified the others first instead of going "you're Yotsuba, come on it's getting late"(though it would have been pretty funny if he did that )
Yotsuba is present during the whole quint game with her Volume 10 appearance, so no, she is not part of the game, she is an observer as the Bride.

I'm risking it with saying that the wording is probably ambigious with Fuutarou. When he says "back then", or what is the actual wording, he could refer to the past from the future or what he has seen in his dream as the future. What is certain is the quintuplets being troublesome. "Back then they were also troublesome vs. (Even in my dreams,) they are trobulesome."
WingedAccelerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 15:31   Link #5382
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Yotsuba is present during the whole quint game with her Volume 10 appearance, so no, she is not part of the game, she is an observer as the Bride.
Eh? All five look same here
Spoiler:

And in the summary I've seen, after being done with Itsuki he says "Well, the last one left is you, Yotsuba"
Old 2020-02-15, 15:45   Link #5383
WingedAccelerator

They are the same on that panel, but Yotsuba starts making speeches alongside Fuutarou and I think that happens simultaneously with Fuutarou identifying the rest.
Old 2020-02-15, 16:21   Link #5384
devil_slayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neki Ecko View Post
Spoiler for Just Wow, just wow:

I will not read anything else from him, like ever.
Dude, he was just having a flashback. The whole manga is actually a flashback since the story begins at the wedding and then we go several years back to see how we got to this point.
devil_slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 16:41   Link #5385
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Wait, did people really think it was a dream?
Old 2020-02-15, 16:46   Link #5386
Hakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Some are at least trying to believe
Old 2020-02-15, 16:53   Link #5387
Chosen_Hero

What a shitshow.
Old 2020-02-15, 17:35   Link #5388
WingedAccelerator

Quote:
Here's the thing.
Nino has her hair short hair, when Fuutarou wakes up. The outfits doesn't match Chapter 48. After that, Fuutarou only returned to the quints' original apartment one time, when he picked up Itsuki in the Mudou drama. The quints lived in their new home, when he resigned. So no matter how you want to force the dream is false, never ever did Fuutarou return in the manga to the quints' original apartment to have a studying session or anything like that when all of them were present. So the interpretation of decide for yourself about dream or not stands for the time being.
Old 2020-02-15, 18:10   Link #5389
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon Sin View Post
Some are at least trying to believe
Oh the FIVE stages of Grief. A classic and ironically fitting for this series
Old 2020-02-15, 18:49   Link #5390
Endless_Despair

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedAccelerator View Post
Here's the thing.
Nino has her hair short hair, when Fuutarou wakes up. The outfits doesn't match Chapter 48. After that, Fuutarou only returned to the quints' original apartment one time, when he picked up Itsuki in the Mudou drama. The quints lived in their new home, when he resigned. So no matter how you want to force the dream is false, never ever did Fuutarou return in the manga to the quints' original apartment to have a studying session or anything like that when all of them were present. So the interpretation of decide for yourself about dream or not stands for the time being.
Firstly, you're thinking way too hard into this.
Secondly I already gave an explanation as to what was happening here on the previous page.
Thirdly in that scene they are discussing about what to do for their graduation trip, meaning at this point, Fuutarou had already chosen and proposed to Yotsuba. So even IF this final chapter was just a dream, only Chapters 121 and 122 would be made redundant. So frankly this whole discussion on whether its a dream or not is kinda pointless.
Endless_Despair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 19:02   Link #5391
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
They still in bargaining stage

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-15, 19:55   Link #5392
rulfo

Only thing good about this irredeemable hot garbage are the memes. Can't believe that KING COBRA meme came true. Yotsuba ended up being the King Cobra.
Old 2020-02-15, 20:08   Link #5393
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
It is official, it is a "dream within a dream", so that means it is a dream.
Old 2020-02-15, 23:10   Link #5394
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

With this dream play, made me think if MC actually thought girl with most screentime = most annoying, most off-screen development = not annoying.

Salute to you Winged, you still bother about such details, I already gave up; not giving much thought about what this author do after how Nino drama pulled with Miku canon retcon happened afterwards.

Old 2020-02-16, 00:45   Link #5395
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
They are grasping at straws.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-16, 01:52   Link #5396
Zangor17

I will admit using the dream fade into the last flashback was weird and can confuse, If you look and read the paneling as well as the context of narration and dialogue it really is grasping at straws trying to deny the wedding happened. The second to last panel being post marriage Fuutaro (based on his shirt) leaves little room for me to even see it as a dream. It's really ambiguous paneling either way.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-16, 05:15   Link #5397
WingedAccelerator

After the speedscans and the TL's feedback.

You can't hold anything against "dreamers".
Just like with the relationship portrayal, Negi could have made it blatantly obvious, but he didn't. In what world do you think the following things are normal:
- Fuutarou was dating Yotsuba for 5 years and they only had 3 kisses. He had no idea she was the BK until the bridal kiss, and he is unaware of the festival kiss. So in his mind the bridal kiss was their first.
- Only just before the wedding did the quints witness Yotsuba calling him finally Fuutarou.
- Fuutarou is poor throghout the manga. No explanation how they can afford such a luxurious wedding. He is a fresh graduate at best. Papa Nakano didn't pay for everything that's a fact.
- Raiha brings him the rings, because he forget, on the most important day of his life, but even then he just won't use it. No explanation.
- Fuutarou was surprised to see Maeda, implying he was unaware he will be coming to the wedding. Now Maeda looks like some sort of best man from nowhere. Takeda got forgotten.
- The worst offender: The quints barging in on their honeymoon and Yotsuba permits it. What's worse here? Yotsuba, or even after 5 years, everyone being still attached to Fuutarou this much? Combine this with Fuutarou bothering to remember that he didn't answer Nino 5 years ago, on his wedding day, while also saying that Yotsuba is a coward, his wife, compated to her.

Fuutarou confirms Miku is the true winner. Thanks, Negi!

Either awkward word choice ("She is Fuutarou's partner at work") or Fuutarou and Itsuki are coworkers/teachers. If not, then it's another episode of two people going in the same path, yet Negi didn't bother with one of them telling the other that they will be doing the same for ages. If it is, then Fuutarou and Yotsuba concludes the manga without having their professions revealed, outside of the infamous Bride/Housewife.

The BK incident confirmed bullshit and pure disgusting hypocrisy. And I remember people wanted to crucify Nino, if she turned out to be the BK after saying how she hates people doing stuff in the background. Yotsuba just goes "Fufu, there is plenty of other things I yet to tell you, Fuutarou". As Fuutarou once said "It really helps that at least there is one person, who is straightforward and honest."

The graduation trip part can easily countered with a lot of things. The obvious one is graduation getting completely skipped, unless you find that color page satisfying. The second one is my apartment logic. The collages in Chapter 120 not even once showed Fuutarou visiting the quints, he was not even present on the party they held for Itsuki. He was studying in his home alone, he was studying in the library with the quints. When they were going to their separate ways, Ichika was already acting on that TV drama. So somehow Fuutarou came up with a graduation trip, somehow he fell asleep after he visited the quints, somehow Ichika was still there and somehow this should have taken place off-screen after Chapter 119... I'm not buying it.

Here we are. Instead of Fuutarou marrying Yotsuba with gradual buildup while the others started building their own private, love lifes, the lesson is that the quints will always stick together with him, be it a dream or not. We were the 5toubun no hanayome.
Old 2020-02-16, 06:02   Link #5398

No one is trying to deny Yotsuba's ending. No need to get upset.

Speaking of Maeda. What happened to him seeing Fuutarou and the bride holding hands during the bonfire?
256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-02-16, 06:31   Link #5399
WingedAccelerator

The way Negi did that part, you can go with:
- Fuutarou dreamed of the graduation trip's place getting picked after his wedding. Easy answer, everything happened for real.
Or
- Fuutarou dreamed of marrying one of the quints, and he calls out that even in his dream they were troublesome, when the honeymoon barging woke him up. "At that point too" referring to what he has seen in his dream about the future and not the past. Dreamer answer.

The earliest him waking up could only take place after Kyoto, after Chapter 91, when nothing was set in stone as he was trying to figure out his feelings. Even the marriage comment from him and someone saying he is getting ahead of himself doesn't point towards this happening after Chapter 119 or to Yotsuba. It made ambigious for this very purpose, the interpret however you want if you are not happy with the way Yotsuba has won.

Maeda and his girlfriend didn't matter in the end. The same with the bracelet.
Also, we still don't know how Ichika supposedly knows Fuutarou and Yotsuba kissed in Scrambled Eggs, unless the quint talking was Itsuki, but she herself didn't witness or hear anything from our POV. She only knew Yotsuba wanted to go towards Fuutarou. Not that they have kissed 5 years ago.
Old 2020-02-16, 07:06   Link #5400
RDNexus

I know this is being unfair to the community as a whole, but... Isn't it high time for everyone to understand how this kind of stories work?
There's been SO MANY cases already for everyone to not see it.
The girls fans tend to gravitate to HARDLY EVER end up being the end-girls. There are exceptions, sure enough, but it's usually an exception, not the rule.

I also understand that this time the major complaint is about how the author worked his story in the latest parts, and I kinda agree.
From a certain moment in the story, I ended up reading it just to see how it ended.

Still, Waifu Wars, Shipping Wars, Fan-pandering, all of that ends up being detrimental to a story's development, in my opinion.
It ruins many people's experience of the story overall, due to focusing too much on the mentioned above.

An author, to make this kind of story sell, has to bring in tons of girls, no doubt about it.
The problem comes when he develops them (even on the slightest) and one girl other than the author's planned end-girl becomes a fan favorite.
After that, any plan of his will be under the community's strict scrutiny, trying to figure out if the end-girl is their favorite more than who may actually be.
This all, of course, if the author already has an idea who he wants to win the race

If I'm wrong on any point, you're free to counter my arguments. This is a matter that depends on each one's PoV of these stories.
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dumpster fire, first girl after all, harem, privileged main heroine, quintuplets, retcon, student-tutor, train wreck