AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 2 28.57%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 42.86%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 1 14.29%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 14.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-08, 11:46   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc - Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: Despair Arc, Episode 9.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2016-09-08, 12:20   Link #2
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

So... I was wrong about Yukizome, it looks like she's almost definitely...

Spoiler for Zero:

I sort of have a suspicion of where Nanami's story might be going and oh my god the despair.
Old 2016-09-08, 13:19   Link #3
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by omimon View Post
I actually like the theory behind her being alive. In the first minute of the despair arc we see her "watching" her "death". What if the scene isn't some sort of afterlife but actually her in another room controlling Monokuma.

Hell it might even link up with the despair by showing how Junko Despaired her.

Look who's laughing now!! I told you guys she was despaired. Now we just need her to be alive.

Oh and we finally got to see Imposter's real face.

Last edited by omimon; 2016-09-08 at 21:20.
Old 2016-09-08, 14:36   Link #4
Homura7

I don't know what scares me more.

That I'm turning into some kind of super detective able to make a logical deduction on a whim...

or the fucked up scenes I just watched, specially the part of the video and THAT END.
Old 2016-09-08, 14:55   Link #5
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sigh, the most obvious and least interesting theory is turning out to be true. Let's hope Kodaka will throw us a curve ball in the coming weeks.

I'm finding it rather disappointing that Junko's entire plan hinged on her chance meeting with Mitarai. Reflecting back on her involvement in the first two games (where she failed both times), her legacy is starting to look like a sham. It also seems to alleviate class 78 of their crimes (they were brainwashed, it's not their fault), and I really don't like that.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:02   Link #6
Homura7

Class 78 had amnesia, they weren't brainwashed. And Junko's plan was in the works for decades, her fateful meeting with Mitarai as she called it was just the piece of the puzzle she was missing.

And let's see you acting normal while someone is forcing you to watch a video where REAL people are killing each other or commiting suicide, while at the same time someone pokes your head with an iron rod and messes with your brain nerves and you are forced to watch the video replay one time after another, after another, after another, unable to close your eyes or cover your eardrums... If you pretend to tell me it wouldn't traumatize you to a certain point, you are one big liar.

This is how a normal-looking person makes a 180º and radicalizes himself.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:05   Link #7
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I'm not sure how, but you managed to misunderstand my post entirely. Try reading it again.

And no, her meeting with Mitarai wasn't just one piece of the puzzle. Right now, it's looking her plan was only possible thanks to him, rather than her own wits. I might have felt about this differently if she had copied Mitarai's technique with her analytical talent and made the brainwashing videos on her own, but nope, she still required Mitarai's help. In the end, he's the only guy from class 78 she managed to make fall into despair without using "tricks", unless, again, Kodaka throws us a curve ball.

Edit: to clarify things, the obvious theory I was talking about is Chisa being the mastermind in future. Everybody thought about that after the very first episode.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:13   Link #8
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I concur. The problem of despair arc is that Junko's plan looks awkward because it was more like a matter of coincidence than really planning, which is a bit stupid considering her real talent.

Frankly, despair arc has been a tad disappointing for a while considering the revelations are pretty flat without much build up for the very vague yet huge hints regarding the course of events that would lead to both worst despair inducing incident of the Academy and humanity.
As far as it goes, Junko has gone completely YOLO instead of really being a master puppeteer. She will probably use Chisa for her bidding, and that's about it.

And when something she has to do herself has to happen, it is done offscreen (Mikan's corruption) or in a very very mundane way (Izuru following her).
Old 2016-09-08, 15:13   Link #9
Homura7

It was obvious Junko didn't come up with all this by herself, not sure why are you that surprised. As far as I can tell concerning the matter, she was always a dark woman with a lot of screws loose. There's a limit on the things you can do by yourself.

To me she was just a deranged woman with a dark and troubled past whose talent would only get her that far. She obviously had to find people that would be willing or not to cooperate in her cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Edit: to clarify things, the obvious theory I was talking about is Chisa being the mastermind in future. Everybody thought about that after the very first episode.
Not the mastermind but the killer. There are obviously more people involved. Wouldn't you like that?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:21   Link #10
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Knight View Post
Not the mastermind but the killer. There are obviously more people involved. Wouldn't you like that?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
If she's merely the killer and the mastermind is somebody else, than I'd be fine with that, I suppose. Depends on how it's done exactly.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:22   Link #11
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I concur. The problem of despair arc is that Junko's plan looks awkward because it was more like a matter of coincidence than really planning, which is a bit stupid considering her real talent.

Frankly, despair arc has been a tad disappointing for a while considering the revelations are pretty flat without much build up for the very vague yet huge hints regarding the course of events that would lead to both worst despair inducing incident of the Academy and humanity.
As far as it goes, Junko has gone completely YOLO instead of really being a master puppeteer. She will probably use Chisa for her bidding, and that's about it.

And when something she has to do herself has to happen, it is done offscreen (Mikan's corruption) or in a very very mundane way (Izuru following her).
Aye and it makes me wonder why they didn't just make both of them 24 EPs and do things properly isntead.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:24   Link #12
Homura7

I'm fine with the number of episodes. There's no need to drag things out. 24 episodes is already a considerable investment. And Despair arc has been top notch to me, not sure what you're talking about.

But hey, I've dealt with enough nonconformist folks to not care.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:32   Link #13
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Interesting so Juzou knbew it was Junko, but yet didn't rat her out - Yet he can neither be the killer nor the mastermind. the plot thickens.
At least according to IF no one was supposed to know she is evil according to Mukuro.

@Alpha
tbh I started skimming through them isntead of properly watching them unless necessary a few episodes ago.

Edit: them refering to despair.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:35   Link #14
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
@Alpha
tbh I started skimming through them isntead of properly watching them unless necessary a few episodes ago.
What? That's not good man
Old 2016-09-08, 15:37   Link #15
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Well this short cut gives me a general idea, enough to form a meta theory: Chisa and Juzou wiped the minds of the other directors regarding them actually being Despair people - that also explains why Chisa wasn't in DR 2 despite that she should have been there considering that she was their teacher.

Old 2016-09-08, 15:38   Link #16
Homura7

Tengan has a lot explaining to do. He knew the killer's identity, so that alone was proof enough he knew far more than he seemed at first. Unfortunately, he's dead now.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:40   Link #17
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
After this episode in particular I'm convinced there's no way in hell Chisa is mastermind. Moreover, she is very, very dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Junko (and Izuru's) analysis talent is more like luck that's predictable. Which is still kind of BS but despair cures the boredom of knowing what is going to happen next, I guess.
Old 2016-09-08, 15:44   Link #18
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Just noticed something instantly:
Starting from EP 7 everyones eyecolor changed to red in the intro including Junko's and Mukuro's.
Chisa's hair got a bit darker too imho.
the only one who didn't change in the OP is Chiaki - her eyes are still normal.

Old 2016-09-08, 15:58   Link #19
Homura7

I'm convinced in the next Future episode the killer's identity is finally going to be revealed.

Now I understand how Chisa's hair color turned so brownish. The experience was traumatic enough for her, and is only going to get worse.
Old 2016-09-08, 16:29   Link #20
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Well this short cut gives me a general idea, enough to form a meta theory: Chisa and Juzou wiped the minds of the other directors regarding them actually being Despair people - that also explains why Chisa wasn't in DR 2 despite that she should have been there considering that she was their teacher.
Sakakura had a flashback in Future that kind of implies how things with Junko might turn out, but there's no indication that he was ever despair. That said I'd imagine Munakata and Sakakura went to great lengths to salvage Yukizome.

So far Munakata and Sakakura are the first ones that have linked Junko to StuCo, and the board has been covered in DR0 so its doubtful that's going to come up. If you haven't read Zero now is probably a good time BTW, especially if you're not that into Despair side. Its like watching a puzzle come together, IMO.
Closed Thread