Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-11-29, 22:09   Link #921
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Stargazer Lilly posted lowres images of the Chapter four art!

https://sites.google.com/site/macchafrap/ft4pics

Heero is meeting Van in the 4th image, looks like, not Zechs. Gonna place my bet right now that I was right about Heero being the one to kill him and Kyrie.

As for the 3rd one... haha, we're trying to figure out who the hell that is, Seis or Odin. She says the text seems to be indicating to her that it's Odin so far, despite it looking absolutely nothing like how he appeared in Ep 0-- but I guess we'll see 6.6;
This is awesome, Kitsoru. Cheers.

Lol at the third one. That hand... is MASSIVE! xD
MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 22:10   Link #922
Samiia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistalya View Post

I just....I don't want to see them like get married or whatever...I just want to see them happily stalk each other for the rest of their lives. Maybe toss in a few lemons in with my pipe-dream..

Edit: You know....this is totally gonna have a Romeo and Juilet type ending. Calling it here. >.>
I get what you mean because I feel the same way...but Relena's young and famous, and has to hold a public image (well depending on what happens in FT, public image may go down the drain lol) so people will expect her to get married. I'd rather her marry Heero then anyone else! Has anyone read Zapenstap's fanfiction, btw? She kind of touches on this issue in one of her story's.

Honestly I wouldn't mind a Romeo and Juliet ending if that meant Heero admitting he loves her. But I'm hoping it doesn't end this way lol :[
Samiia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 22:19   Link #923
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

The artwork is really good, btw. If that's Odin, neither that photo nor the one in EZ looks like Heero at all lol.

Actually, the first time I saw this dude, Ralph Kurt, I thought he was Heero. They look so much alike although there's no bloody relation between them.

Oh yeah, I thought Heero said he's never shaken anyone's hand before?? Oooh Sumisawa... someone's got dementia.
Old 2010-11-29, 22:23   Link #924
Kitsoru
:3c

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelKnight View Post
Lol at the third one. That hand... is MASSIVE! xD
HAHA I know, I showed a friend and he was like, 'who's the circus freak?'

Quote:
The artwork is really good, btw. If that's Odin, neither that photo nor the one in EZ looks like Heero at all lol.

Actually, the first time I saw this dude, Ralph Kurt, I thought he was Heero. They look so much alike although there's no bloody relation between them.
Well, I was amused because this guy looks a little more like Heero- I'm wondering if they retconned Odin's appearance to go along with the 'he's Heero's dad' revelation, but that would be going pretty far for a retcon imo >.>; Retconning Gundams is one thing, but people? x.x;

Same here. So much so that I made some icons of him to use as older!Heero icons. They seriously look exactly alike.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 22:33   Link #925
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

*sends a lovely cruise missile to the coordinates of the people hating on Lacus in this thread*

Anyway, spoiler pics look good. LOL that hand is huge.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 22:40   Link #926
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphadragoon View Post
*sends a lovely cruise missile to the coordinates of the people hating on lacus in this thread*

I promote World Peace...
Old 2010-11-29, 23:29   Link #927
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Hey guys, quick one.

Who's our nice translator?
How do I contact him/her?

Cheers.
Old 2010-11-30, 00:10   Link #928
Kitsoru

Quote:
Hey guys, quick one.

Who's our nice translator?
How do I contact him/her?

Cheers.
Just any translator working on it, or do you mean Stargazer Lilly (the one who posted those pics/owns that site)?

If you mean the latter, here's her livejournal post concerning the update, this is probably the best way to contact her: http://corpus-yaoi.livejournal.com/31175.html
Old 2010-11-30, 01:25   Link #929
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Ok. So here's letting you guys know.

Bloody HLJ cancelled my order (January 2011 issue) so Snuggles here isn't receiving nothing no more. Apologies.

The good news is, I'M THE WORLD'S BIGGEST DOUCHE because there's a store just in the neighbouring state that has both the December 2010 and January 2011 issues.

Anyway, I ordered the two today and I'm supposed to receive them the day after tomorrow.

So back on the question, who am I sending the chapters to once I've scanned them so they can be translated? I don't know anyone here who can translate it for us so... yeah. Woops.
Old 2010-11-30, 01:26   Link #930
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Stargazer Lilly posted lowres images of the Chapter four art!

https://sites.google.com/site/macchafrap/ft4pics

Heero is meeting Van in the 4th image, looks like, not Zechs. Gonna place my bet right now that I was right about Heero being the one to kill him and Kyrie.

As for the 3rd one... haha, we're trying to figure out who the hell that is, Seis or Odin. She says the text seems to be indicating to her that it's Odin so far, despite it looking absolutely nothing like how he appeared in Ep 0-- but I guess we'll see 6.6;
The artwork is top-notch.

Good to know Sumisawa didn't really start screwing things up and have Heero meet Zechs. Heero meeting Van still seems pretty forced to me but I'll take it. I wonder if anything meaningful will be said between them.

I wouldn't be surprised if he killed him and Kyrie either.

That's definitely Odin. Personally, I don't think his appearance has been altered too drastically. At the very least, the hairstyle is consistent.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2010-11-30 at 01:50.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 01:28   Link #931
wingzerosnuggles

@MichaelKnight
Deacon's Zeonic-Corps translates Glory of the Defeated:
http://www.zeonic-republic.net/

He recently ran into a problem getting raws so I suggest you offer the Jan pages of EW: GotD to him? I think he already has the Dec ones.

As for the FT chapters, corpus-yaoi has her own copies of Ace to translate from but it would be nice to get some high-res scans of the illustrations pertaining to Wing as well as the fan poll rankings.

Fan poll ranking page looks like this:
http://tinypic.com/r/xkyla8/7
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-30, 01:57   Link #932
Elo the Blue

Call me a nerd, I don't care.

Heero told Zechs he'd never shaken hands with anyone before in Episode 16. That picture of him and Van would suggest differently.
Old 2010-11-30, 01:58   Link #933
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
That's definitely Odin. Personally, I don't think his appearance has been altered too drastically. At the very least, the hairstyle is consistent.
Hmmm... now that I'm looking at them side by side, I guess I can see a resemblance. I can accept an excuse like dying/bleaching hair to stay undercover, like I said, but it's just the very drastic change in style since Odin has only ever been drawn by that one artist (that did Ep 0) as opposed to all the other characters who we're used to seeing various artists' takes on...

He does seem QUITE young in that picture though... Heero could only have been with Odin for a year, 2 at most-- so it's not like he could have aged so quickly... The face shape is still very ..off to me, I guess? I can see the cheekbones and the hairstyle resemblence, but everything else still seems off (jawline, eyeshape..). IDK, I guess we'll see x.x;
Quote:
Call me a nerd, I don't care.

Heero told Zechs he'd never shaken hands with anyone before in Episode 16. That picture of him and Van would suggest differently.
Well, Heero's not the one who claims he never tells a lie
Old 2010-11-30, 02:09   Link #934
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Hmmm... now that I'm looking at them side by side, I guess I can see a resemblance. I can accept an excuse like dying/bleaching hair to stay undercover, like I said, but it's just the very drastic change in style since Odin has only ever been drawn by that one artist (that did Ep 0) as opposed to all the other characters who we're used to seeing various artists' takes on...

He does seem QUITE young in that picture though... Heero could only have been with Odin for a year, 2 at most-- so it's not like he could have aged so quickly... The face shape is still very ..off to me, I guess? I can see the cheekbones and the hairstyle resemblence, but everything else still seems off (jawline, eyeshape..). IDK, I guess we'll see x.x;
I hadn't that into account so yes, Odin would have had to have aged in a matter of months to stay in line with the way he was drawn in Episode Zero.

We should probably just chalk it up to FT's artist(forgot his/her name) wanting to do something different(unless it comes out that the person pictured isn't Odin).

Quote:
Well, Heero's not the one who claims he never tells a lie
Very true...
Old 2010-11-30, 02:12   Link #935
Kitsoru

Quote:
We should probably just chalk it up to FT's artist(forgot his/her name) wanting to do something different unless it comes out that the person pictured isn't Odin.
I guess ^^; But half of a character is their design- especially with a minor character, completely changing their design is just... idk, wrong. XD (Sorry, I get very SRS when it comes to character design stuff, it's sorta my aspiration...)
Old 2010-11-30, 02:18   Link #936
Elo the Blue

Quote:
I guess ^^; But half of a character is their design- especially with a minor character, completely changing their design is just... idk, wrong. XD (Sorry, I get very SRS when it comes to character design stuff, it's sorta my aspiration...)
No, I completely understand. I don't see why Odin had to be changed so drastically but in a way, it's somewhat expected with the changes Sumisawa has made.

I'm wondering if Sumisawa will give a nod to G-Unit at any point. I myself haven't read it(yet) but it seems like an interesting manga.
Old 2010-11-30, 02:49   Link #937
Kitsoru

Quote:
No, I completely understand. I don't see why Odin had to be changed so drastically but in a way, it's somewhat expected with the changes Sumisawa has made.

I'm wondering if Sumisawa will give a nod to G-Unit at any point. I myself haven't read it(yet) but it seems like an interesting manga.
It suddenly occurred to me that the illustration is similar to this small frame of flashbacks Odin has just before he dies:

Think maybe that picture is supposed to be a full illustration of this little bit from Ep0?

And yeah, I'm wondering as well. Either that or Tiel's Impulse.. I've never read them either.
Old 2010-11-30, 03:39   Link #938
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
HAHA I'm really picky too when it comes to character designs and drawings! Man, THEY ARE IMPORTANT!

But at least there's one thing that's consistent:

The new one is just coloured and... well, they simply decided to switch places. xD
Old 2010-11-30, 04:29   Link #939
Kitsoru

Quote:
HAHA I'm really picky too when it comes to character designs and drawings! Man, THEY ARE IMPORTANT!

But at least there's one thing that's consistent:

The new one is just coloured and... well, they simply decided to switch places. xD
I've never seen that black and white image, where's that from?

Actually, I know Sakura Asagi does a LOT of tracing in her work >.>; That's probably the only thing that bugs me about her art.
Examples:
-In Blind Target, Quatre's Rhythm Emotion profile pose is used something like 15 times at least...
-In FT, check the covers through chapter 3- they all feature someone sitting in the EXACT same pose x.x;

There's more, too, but I'm too lazy to go look them back up lol. Still, her art is GOOD and the style fits, which I can't say for in the case of the art of BoP and GZ XD
Old 2010-11-30, 04:44   Link #940
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
I've never seen that black and white image, where's that from?
Sorry mate, I don't know where that's from.
All I remember is that I got it from a website where I also read the Blind Target manga... but yeah I don't know. Soz.

I wonder what it's saying though. With those hearts up there and all.

Quote:
Still, her art is GOOD and the style fits, which I can't say for in the case of the art of BoP and GZ XD
Lol agreed. Especially when I saw BoP... I was like "Yeah, I'm only gonna read this once." HAHA.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing