AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Sakurasou

Notices

View Poll Results: Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 14 21.54%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 14 21.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 15 23.08%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 16.92%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 7.69%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.54%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.08%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 3.08%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-20, 08:16   Link #21
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Yeah Aoyama has my vote. So cute and lovable. lol.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-11-20, 08:34   Link #22
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
Yeah Aoyama has my vote. So cute and lovable. lol.
Almost criminally so; The scene where she tugged at the back of Sorata's shirt was

The Anime also did their best to make her look like perfect waifu material- She was the only girl that wished for something for someone other than herself
Old 2012-11-20, 08:39   Link #23
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I have a feeling that Aoyama will win.

I can't explain it, I reckon Mashiro will have some sort of epiphany or something and realize how good a couple Sorata and Nanami will make.

I know all signs still seem to point to Shiina but these sorts of stories can go either way still.

Just talking aloud.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
Old 2012-11-20, 09:14   Link #24
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
An episode that was less than the sum of its parts to me,individually I really do like a lot of the gags,the scene transition where yuuko ends up falling down or the whole red hood wolf bit or the ABCs bit as well as mashiro's "we don't come in peace" scene and the missunderstandings were fun as always.But I'd rather have had all these gags spread out over a few episodes with stuff also happening when it comes to the career/studies of the characters than have them all jammed up in one episode where I ended up suffering from a bit of an overdose.
Old 2012-11-20, 11:47   Link #25
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That sure was... different. I never imagined this episode would be so whacky. It was more than enough to counterbalance the drama of previous episodes, maybe too much even. The imouto was cute and yet annoying. She is even more protective of her brother than a girl like Akiko, which is saying something. She wouldn't even let him breathe. Granted, the misunderstandings Mashiro created didn't help the situation... I swear she's doing it on purpose. She's always choosing exactly the right, or rather, the wrong words.

Anyway, it was a rather enjoyable episode. Misaki's scenes were also fun (poor Nancy).
Old 2012-11-20, 12:13   Link #26
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by grylsyjaeger View Post
I have a feeling that Aoyama will win.

I can't explain it, I reckon Mashiro will have some sort of epiphany or something and realize how good a couple Sorata and Nanami will make.

I know all signs still seem to point to Shiina but these sorts of stories can go either way still.

Just talking aloud.
I can't explain but I was thinking how Nanami will have an epiphany and realize how much Sorato means to Mashiro, and needs him compared to her.

It could go either way so honestly to die hard support one would be just suicidal, so I'm just barely supporting Mashiro, simply because she has the most to grow from her experience in Sakurasou, which makes her so interesting,especially when she shows her emotions something magical happens. Yeah and Nanami has the all of the dere of being a tsundere.
Old 2012-11-20, 13:19   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
...I've said it before, but I swear this was the first time I've heard Ogura THIS hyper....
Or this good? She actually brought the character alive. There's more to YuiKaori than I thought: first Kaori turns out to be a good seiyuu, and now Yui, too? Here's a video clip of their radio show, and here are a couple of photos of Yui (also known as YuiYui, or ChanYui):
Images
Ogura Yui
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2012-11-20, 14:51   Link #28
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

And ~ Episode 7! *drum whirl, dramatic pause*:

- You had to feel sorry for the poor driving teacher/exam taker who had the bad luck to test Misaki . Besides it was a smooth transition from the lunch scene where the sentence ended with the word break and Misaki's drving scene that began with "break".
- And I could feel with Sorata for being drained after that exhausting day Over-the-top parents, a brocon x1000 imouto. Seems like Jin (as buddy) and Aoyama are his safe haven.
- The air fan scene was nice as was the fanservice shot of Mashiro on top of Sorata. Tested and declared as working to get the imouto imagination rolling.
- I actually found the humor quite nice this time (which I couldn't say for the first two episodes). I liked Yuuko and her soul counceling stuffed bear . For some strange reasons the scene where Yuuko and Mashiro were in the "depression" aura zone was also quite funny.
- And we got another episode of Mashiro's epic timing to cause misunderstanding: Number 1: Rubbing her stomache and saying "I think it's finally time ..." *BAAAAM* overkill. Kainushi was nice, too, but "sleeping in the same bed" didn't seem that misunderstanding-provoking .
- Aoyama's mix of deredere and tsuntsun was smooth and lethal for one's sugar level. It was funny how Mashiro(!) and her reacted equally when the signal word "date" crossed Yuuko's lips.
- It seems that Mashiro is ready for a (slow and gradual) romancing start. The signs in this episode aka the rice-picking + date and optionally her trust that Sorata would find Yuuko and her.
- As usual Jin's comments about Mashiro and Aoyama were spot on during the meal.

A bit negative: At the very beginning with Yuuko on her way to Sakursou, the few panty shots were unnecessary, even for "desperate" fanservice. The bath scene + "breast" ranking was sufficient enough, IMHO.
Old 2012-11-20, 15:32   Link #29
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Decent episode. Not bad, not great. Yuuko got on my nerves after a little bit. However, I still really like Nanami and her facial expressions. She continues to be my favorite girl.
Old 2012-11-20, 15:58   Link #30
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Misaki...with a driver's license?

good lord. what have you done, Nancy!
Old 2012-11-20, 16:41   Link #31
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Blargh. The comedy may have been funny but it was just all comedy with little else going for it.

Although I hope I'm not getting me hopes up too high for thinking that the end scene might, just might have foreshadowed an AoyamaxKanda ending?
Old 2012-11-20, 17:42   Link #32
sikvod00

One of the more interesting aspects of this episode was finding out that Misaki was getting her driver's license. It's rare to see that at all in high-school animes. I always assumed it was because Japan's public transportation infrastructure was generally good enough to make vehicles irrelevant for most people, like in NYC. Here in the states, getting your driver license in high school is a pretty big deal because it's seen as a sign of nearing adulthood.

The other interesting thing was the funny tune the dumb little sister would sing during scene transitions. To me, that was the best symbol of how silly the episode was
Old 2012-11-20, 20:03   Link #33
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Although I hope I'm not getting me hopes up too high for thinking that the end scene might, just might have foreshadowed an AoyamaxKanda ending?
If you go back to the scene at the shrine and paused, you'll see that Shiina got the 'Great Blessing' fortune (大吉), while Aoyama has the 'Great Curse' paper (大凶)
Old 2012-11-20, 22:10   Link #34
orpheus2
Pleased to Meet You

Good episode. LOL at Misaki passing her driving test. I guess the company have to change their slogan now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
If you go back to the scene at the shrine and paused, you'll see that Shiina got the 'Great Blessing' fortune (大吉), while Aoyama has the 'Great Curse' paper (大凶)
Old 2012-11-20, 22:33   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I have to say the "I think it's finally time ..." line was hilarious for multiple reasons. You could see Yuuko physically guarding, but Mashiro's words just blew past the guard .
Quote:
Originally Posted by blakstealth View Post
Misaki...with a driver's license?

good lord. what have you done, Nancy!
Trying to save her own life and sanity which is completely understandable . Decided it was better to sacrifice humanity and let Misaki on the road than have to do driving tests with her forever .
Old 2012-11-20, 23:16   Link #36
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Misaki drives like she in the war zone and Yuuko is just so cute
Old 2012-11-20, 23:33   Link #37
Primary Consult

This episode was a mix for me...

Positive:
+I like how Shiina both subtly (her t-shirt the first half) and non-subtly references her "plan C".
+"Sorata is my owner" and other great one liners from Shiina
+Sorata's parents - the choice in VA's combined with visuals was great
+That rice scene
+Misaki's licensing adventure (that parallel parking skill is formidable)
+The imouto's presence helped me appreciate all of the other characters more

Negatives:
-Imouto was... annoying. I really hope she does not become a regular. I would say the annoying/cute ratio was 80/20.

Neutral:
Bath part was a little overboard in the fanservice area but Shiina "saves" the scene for me.
Old 2012-11-21, 00:50   Link #38
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ha ha ha...
This episode is giving me a good laugh...

Sorata's sister is hillarious, too hillarious.
Even her brocon's level is in the same level with another brocon on other series this season...
Old 2012-11-21, 00:52   Link #39
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Ha ha ha...
This episode is giving me a good laugh...

Sorata's sister is hillarious, too hillarious.
Even her brocon's level is in the same level with another brocon on other series this season...
Nah she's not as bad Yuuko is just a kid who wants to be spoiled by her brother.
Old 2012-11-21, 01:05   Link #40
The Green One

Yeah, there's a fine line between spoil me and do me. Though the other mentioned brocon wouldn't object to the former if she couldn't have the latter.
Closed Thread