AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index - Genesis Testament Volume 4 Rating
Perfect 10 1 16.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 0 0%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 33.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 33.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 16.67%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2021-05-30, 01:20   Link #41
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

I don't think Yuiitsu is dead or permanently out of the picture anyway. Because Noukan is back. Too much plot potential to remove her
Old 2021-05-30, 10:43   Link #42
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Wasn't what happened to her left unknown?
Last time we saw her she was surrounded by a bunch of people, including a mass murderer, who very much wanted her dead. We see them with World Rejecter later, so at the very least they cut it off her and left her to bleed out.

Quote:
Although I can't be arsed to go through that volume to check. Kamisato and his stupid harem are pure ugh.....Why do they even exist....
So people who took Return of the Winged One's paranoia about the Kamijou Faction seriously can see what that would actually be like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
I also don't remember him specifically stating if WR went back to Kamisato.
We literally see Salome with World Rejecter in an icebox when she reunites with Kamisato.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
About Anna's motive, I felt like going back to her comment about Jesus Christ again.

Perhaps she got fed up of teaching people because she saw what that had lead Jesus into?
And she is so picky about finding the right person because she saw even Jesus had fallen as he tried to babysit the humanity?
The more I see of Anna the more I think the Virgin Mary theory has some merit to it.

Quote:
I don't think Yuiitsu is dead or permanently out of the picture anyway. Because Noukan is back. Too much plot potential to remove her
In any case, Noukan is Aleister's partner right now. Not much room for her to slip in. Besides, Noukan runinating on how he failed her as a master works pretty well too. We already saw this in his conversation with Heaven Canceller.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.

Last edited by Endscape; 2021-05-30 at 12:21.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 17:07   Link #43
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by entei08 View Post
I don't think a simple spoiled kid is something they can easily identify with, compared to Aleister losing his family or even Coronzon faithfully attempting to fulfill her duties. So far she's more doing things to temporarily stave off her boredom but that's going to run out of steam fast. The reader has to find her ultimate goal to be worth all that she's done.
Raise your hands if you thought Anna was going to be the antagonist of GT series!
Old 2021-05-30, 21:22   Link #44
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
Raise your hands if you thought Anna was going to be the antagonist of GT series!
I have been saying Christian Rosenkreutz is going to be the real big bad since day one.

Last edited by shmaster; 2021-05-30 at 23:25.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-30, 22:07   Link #45
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
We literally see Salome with World Rejecter in an icebox when she reunites with Kamisato.
Y-you're right... Well shit, how did I miss that!? For 4.5 years, I thought that Kamachi left its fate vague along with Yuiitsu. Maybe I disengaged with the part with Kamisato's harem...?

---

Regarding Anna, I'm in general agreement. The problem with her at the moment is that right now she is affecting the entire immediate plot without any of her true tangible goals being known. I 'understand' her, but that doesn't tell me what the true goal of her actions is.

With R&C Occultics gone, there is currently no grand plot aside from Anna existing and being on all the MC's shit list. Even if Anna's true tangible end goal is slowly revealed, there needs to be a grand plot that facilitates the revelation and fuels the next minor conflicts.

Quote:
Well... she currently is. But if you're asking if we thought that she would remain the main antagonist for the entirety of the series then no. I always thought it would be highly dependent on what Anna's true goal actually is.

If Anna is looking for someone to devote herself to, and that person doesn't currently exist, then I believe that Anna is trying to create the conditions for someone like that to be "born" in the Index world. Whether that be transforming an already existing character into that or creating a mythical figure in the past like Christian Rosenkreuz or some new category of existence like the Secret Chiefs. I believe that this new existence that Anna will become subservient towards is the true main antagonist of GT.

Last edited by OH&S; 2021-05-31 at 05:07. Reason: grammar
OH&S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 09:33   Link #46
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

For the best I hope Kamisato harem did something good for once and turned Yuitsu into pulp and threw her to the drain.
Old 2021-05-31, 18:40   Link #47
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
For the best I hope Kamisato harem did something good for once and turned Yuitsu into pulp and threw her to the drain.
TBF, bleeding out or being turned to pulp really don't hinder Yuuitsu's kind much
Old 2021-05-31, 19:02   Link #48
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
TBF, bleeding out or being turned to pulp really don't hinder Yuuitsu's kind much
Bold of you to assume they'd be kind enough to leave it at turning her to pulp.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-05-31, 22:03   Link #49
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Please not to forget that Yuuistu was also conducting her experiment on contaminating the girls' mind.

I wouldn't be surprised that Yuuitsu is dead, but nor I'll be surprised if the girls showed up again as some zombie puppets that's following whatever commend Yuuitsu had wrote into them.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-06-02, 01:14   Link #50
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Yes but wasn't successful, she made then go kinda crazy and that's why I hope it backfired on her.
Old 2021-06-02, 07:42   Link #51
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Please not to forget that Yuuistu was also conducting her experiment on contaminating the girls' mind.

I wouldn't be surprised that Yuuitsu is dead, but nor I'll be surprised if the girls showed up again as some zombie puppets that's following whatever commend Yuuitsu had wrote into them.
NO....JUST NO...... Either don't mention Yuiitsu and the harem again or if she returns let it be handwaved off or something

The last thing anyone needs is bloody Kamisato and his k-pop stans appearing in GT
Old 2021-06-11, 19:17   Link #52
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
Y-you're right... Well shit, how did I miss that!? For 4.5 years, I thought that Kamachi left its fate vague along with Yuiitsu. Maybe I disengaged with the part with Kamisato's harem...?

---

Regarding Anna, I'm in general agreement. The problem with her at the moment is that right now she is affecting the entire immediate plot without any of her true tangible goals being known. I 'understand' her, but that doesn't tell me what the true goal of her actions is.

With R&C Occultics gone, there is currently no grand plot aside from Anna existing and being on all the MC's shit list. Even if Anna's true tangible end goal is slowly revealed, there needs to be a grand plot that facilitates the revelation and fuels the next minor conflicts.

Well... she currently is. But if you're asking if we thought that she would remain the main antagonist for the entirety of the series then no. I always thought it would be highly dependent on what Anna's true goal actually is.

If Anna is looking for someone to devote herself to, and that person doesn't currently exist, then I believe that Anna is trying to create the conditions for someone like that to be "born" in the Index world. Whether that be transforming an already existing character into that or creating a mythical figure in the past like Christian Rosenkreuz or some new category of existence like the Secret Chiefs. I believe that this new existence that Anna will become subservient towards is the true main antagonist of GT.
I honestly believe that Anna is most likely only going to be the main antagonist till the halfway point or just before the halfway of GT like Othinus so GT 9, GT 10 or GT 11. So the plot with Anna will most likely start picking up next volume, unless it a two parter then it would be GT 6. So she most likely will truly start putting in effort for a goal beside messing around in the next volume or 2. Thorough if it like the past in this series, we will not truly learn Anna past, why she started on this path or what she truly want till the big climax of the current Story Arc. That will most likely start in GT 8 or GT 9, maybe GT 7 if this is a shorter Story Arc like WR Arc but a little bigger.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote