AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Forum & Site Feedback

Notices

Old 2019-11-16, 09:22   Link #1
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Cannot unsubscribe from a thread

I tried to remove a subscription from my list this morning and could not find an option to do so. As I recall, if you visited a subscribed thread, the Forum Tools drop-down would offer an unsubscribe option. I now only see an option to subscribe. I thought maybe choosing that again might trigger the unsubscribe option, but it did not. Is that functionality available somewhere else?

Update: I found I could remove the subscription by checking the box for the thread in my CP, then choosing the Delete Subscription option at the bottom of the list. Is my recollection of an unsubscribe option in the Forum Tools drop-down incorrect?
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 11:05   Link #2
LKK

I don't remember ever being able to unsubscribing from a thread through the forum options. Unsubscribing at level unsubscribes you from the forum itself.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-16, 16:59   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

I think you might be right about this. In the Thread Tools dropdown, I'm pretty sure it's supposed to notice if you're already subscribed to the thread and, if so, show an Unsubscribe option instead. But right now, it still shows the Subscribe option regardless.

In contrast, the Forum Tools dropdown does context-switch -- if it's a forum you're subscribed to already, the button changes to unsubscribe.

I'll poke around a bit to see if this something we might have messed up somehow. It might also be a bug in this update of vBulletin.

(Edit: At the very least, it doesn't seem to related to the theme at all. Even the basic vBulletin theme does the same thing.)

Edit 2: Okay, I found it now. Apparently, checking this is an option you have to turn on. I turned it on now, and it's properly swapping to Unsubscribe.
Old 2019-11-16, 23:55   Link #4
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I thought maybe it was just my weakened memory as I approach seventy! Thanks!

Probably I was remembering the option in Forum Tools.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote