Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2014-11-08, 20:21   Link #421
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
And Alistair, despite being the senior Warden after Duncan's death, didn't want the responsibility which is why he deferred to the Warden.

I'm also not quite sure if the Inquisitor starts out as a normal soldier, who gets upgraded to that position once his ability to close the holes in the Fade is revealed, or if he began as the Inquisitor and the gaining of those abilities gave more power to the Inquisition. But I think the former is much more likely.

Whatever the case, I think the likely reason for people flocking towards him and standing by his orders are because he's been appointed the head of the Inquisition and his abilities could be construed as a a sign of sorts from the Maker. Welll... to those who actually believe that .
What if... the player character is a non-human? An elf/qunari being given such a powerful military and spiritual position is just kind of hard to accept.

"I know we have been looking down on your race all these time, but since you got this glowing green thing in your hand, I am just gonna give you control over my forces so have fun"

In DA:O you start off as sort of the "captain" of the grey wardens. Much of the authority you hold comes from the grey warden organization, not just because you are the "Inquisitor", which is still something very new to the world.

DA2:
Replaying DA2 atm... (actually I should replay DA:O). Looking back, I think I have been rather harsh on the story of the game. The start is... arguably all right. You act as a free man walking around town solving people's problems. To a certain degree, that does help sketch the world.

Seem like they made nightmare mode a little easier. At the very least, haste+hex is now strong enough to take down a commander type mob with ease.

I am glad they are taking sustains away... they can be quite powerful (ie: shroud of magic giving +40% resist all, +60% resist all if you invest some points: at least it allow your mages to cast AoE spells over your warriors)... stacking sustains can turn your character into some very high dps autoattack machine...
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-08, 21:22   Link #422
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Dagger View Post
What if... the player character is a non-human? An elf/qunari being given such a powerful military and spiritual position is just kind of hard to accept.

"I know we have been looking down on your race all these time, but since you got this glowing green thing in your hand, I am just gonna give you control over my forces so have fun"

In DA:O you start off as sort of the "captain" of the grey wardens. Much of the authority you hold comes from the grey warden organization, not just because you are the "Inquisitor", which is still something very new to the world.
Well, I think it's going to be a big part of the game that the Inquisitor won't start off with much in the way of military power or forces, just placed in the position of fixing things because of said "glowing green thing," and will have to prove himself to the various factions, races, etc. that he's worthy of their aid.
Old 2014-11-08, 23:32   Link #423
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Shouldn't being able to close fade tears essentially make him a mage or an untrained one?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-09, 20:21   Link #424
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

Don't think he is a mage. If anything I suspect the inquisitor to be something similar to Anders: a powerful spirit of the fade having taken host within him. Except unlike Justice this spirit is a lot more powerful (and is unaffected by the Inquisitor's emotions, while also having no interest in 'taking over').

I thought to myself while watching some more videos: mmm... I can't really build my inquisitor as a tank if I have to use him to close rifts from time to time...
Old 2014-11-10, 01:57   Link #425
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 07:39   Link #426
Key Board
Carbon

I'm going to roll Inquisitor Mage Lightning and just pretend I'm a Sith Inquisitor from SWTOR

bonus points if DAI Inquisitor is really possessed by a Spirit
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-10, 13:06   Link #427
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I'm going to roll Inquisitor Mage Lightning and just pretend I'm a Sith Inquisitor from SWTOR

bonus points if DAI Inquisitor is really possessed by a Spirit
Speaking of which, I hope Justice is in this some where.
Old 2014-11-10, 13:10   Link #428
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

he is no longer justice, he is vengeance...

I would like to have a chance to kill him or at the very least, put an end to his story.
Old 2014-11-10, 17:07   Link #429
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

You could say.. REVENGENCE-! -slapped- Okay I'll shut up...
Old 2014-11-11, 08:24   Link #430
com_gwp

PFFT Ahahaha, 10/10 Bioware writing.

com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 08:35   Link #431
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Oh BioWare, you haven't changed since Mass Effect 1; your romances are still awful and pandering.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 11:39   Link #432
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

speechless

//

Anyway, after having watched that, and also yet another prologue playthrough, this time as a female qunari, I sort of dislike how bioware has given quanris... almost too much personality. I have always had this image of them being a highly disciplined militaristic race. No joking around, no unnecessary words.

Both the qunari Inquisitor and Iron Bull totally violated that image.

(I would have imagined a qunari Inquisitor will have very few lines. Instead of an aggressive reply such as "Tell me if you value your life", he would simply go "Speak").
Old 2014-11-11, 11:50   Link #433
Raviel

Quote:
speechless

//

Anyway, after having watched that, and also yet another prologue playthrough, this time as a female qunari, I sort of dislike how bioware has given quanris... almost too much personality. I have always had this image of them being a highly disciplined militaristic race. No joking around, no unnecessary words.

(I would have imagined a qunari Inquisitor will have very few lines. Instead of an aggressive reply such as "Tell me if you value your life", he would simply go "Speak").
This bothered me as well but then again our view of the Qunari has been limited only to Sten and the Arishok in DA2 (more or less).

From what I know the Qunari/Kossith Race featured in the novels and side materials had more personality than what we've seen in-game.
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 12:33   Link #434
zztop

The 1st hour of Inquisition, courtesy of the developers:

How does everyone find the American female voice? I recall the developers saying American voices are more compatible for dwarves and qunari.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2014-11-11 at 16:05.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-11-11, 16:07   Link #435
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
The 1st hour of Inquisition, courtesy of the developers:
Your link had extra characters in it and it didn't work. When posting youtube links, only include the code between the tags and nothing else.
Old 2014-11-11, 18:29   Link #436
Tokkan

Quote:
speechless

//

The Qunari Inquisitor is a Vashoth, one who has never been a follower of the Qun.

Bull is supposedly a Tal-Vashoth, one who left the Qun.
Old 2014-11-11, 19:27   Link #437
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

never a follower or someone who has abandoned it? The defected Qunari doesn't sound any more diplomatic.

Anyway, during the attack on Kirkwall, the champion met a few grey wardens who said "they have more pressing matters to attend to". Since the event happened after the blight has ended, and before the inquisition, I suspect "something foul has already been in the works".
Old 2014-11-11, 19:57   Link #438
Tokkan

Yeah, I don't understand it either. I mean by all accounts Bull should be more Qunari-like because he isn't a real Tal-Vashoth, he's a Ben-Hassrath pretending to be a Tal-Vashoth mercenary so he can spy on Orlais for the Qun. Of course, apparently he has identity issues. I don't get it at all.

Last edited by Tokkan; 2014-11-11 at 20:13.
Old 2014-11-11, 20:10   Link #439
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

Really thinking of updating my PC for this game don't think oc'ing my 460 will be enough for high. Hopefully enough for medium :/
Old 2014-11-11, 22:48   Link #440
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by com_gwp View Post
PFFT Ahahaha, 10/10 Bioware writing.

AWKWAARRDDDDDDDD