AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-21, 20:41   Link #1
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

[Anime] Episode 33: Kidnapped Al

Alright, it's Friday night and about time to get the next episode thread going. Needless to say that I'm (and surely all of you) am excited about this episode, as there will obviously be some awesome Deadly Sin and Elric action Hopefully some more military and Izumi, as well as perhaps some insight onto Dante?

And I really hope they get a chance to flesh out the chimeras more in this episode. Anyway, personally I think Ed will go try to save Al (that is, if he can get up from Greed's suckerpunch, but we saw him up and awake in the preview). Not sure what will happen from there. And for that matter, I wonder what Greed wants Al for. Perhaps it has something to do with Al having almost been taken away completely across the gate?
Old 2004-05-21, 21:02   Link #2
Anthias

Dunno about his reasons for taking al, but why would he leave ed behind? maybe dante or isumi can save ed, but not al? it'll be an interesting little episode any way,

though the whole kidnapping arc is not quite as strong a story line as we are used to IMO. Now, hopefully ep 33 will prove me wrong on that
Old 2004-05-21, 21:39   Link #3
Pitar
Anime is a way of life?

Send a message via AIM to Pitar
My question is offering a homonculus to the gate good enough to bring back a person?
Old 2004-05-21, 22:45   Link #4
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

From the episode previews, it seems the form of Alchemy used to make Al is the interest. If a soul can be bound to armor, then mayhaps a soul can be bound to Greed to make him human. Or something similar to that effect. But I think the very existance he possesses is the prime factor, all things considered.

And imagine if we might get to see Greed versus Izumi. =)
Old 2004-05-22, 00:12   Link #5
imakewaterz0r

Send a message via AIM to imakewaterz0r
um....doesnt homoculus already moves and talks? what moves them if they dont have a soul? alchemy? machine? philosopher's stone?
Old 2004-05-22, 01:03   Link #6
323Familia

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakewaterz0r
um....doesnt homoculus already moves and talks? what moves them if they dont have a soul? alchemy? machine? philosopher's stone?
They are not humans after all. They are artifical humans made by Alchemy. Apparenty they don't need a sould to move or talk, only to become human. I can't say what makes them capeable of moving or talking.
Old 2004-05-22, 01:56   Link #7
melkozchainz

oboy i cant wait

but
how will they make this whole greed thing cool without our wonderful fuhrer?
Old 2004-05-22, 01:57   Link #8
Zauren
Master of Pimpage

Alchemy apparently requires a soul of some sort. Normal people can. Even Al can with only his metallic body. The Sins cannot, since they have no soul. They are not 'real' flesh, and thus cannot die or the like. Perfect human imitations, more or less.

Wrath, who has Ed's arms and legs, can perform Alchemy with them it seems... The exacts are a bit fishy to me however, but it seems he uses his arm to alchemize his bodyparts and the like.
Old 2004-05-22, 02:19   Link #9
nil
nothing yet..

Today's FMA is cancelled by special news program about PM Koizumi's visiting North Korea for the puropose of solving abduction of Japanese nationals by North Korean agents.
Old 2004-05-22, 02:31   Link #10
terky

Quote:
Originally Posted by nil
Today's FMA is cancelled by special news program about PM Koizumi's visiting North Korea for the puropose of solving abduction of Japanese nationals by North Korean agents.
What!! how could that be more important than FMA?!?!?! No its ok if its to help people. But if you are joking i will be mad.
Old 2004-05-22, 05:52   Link #11
Archaic

At first, here in Nagoya at least, it was looking like they were simply going to delay some of the programs (CBS has Tensai Quiz on after they finished that special broadcast, and that's in the slot before Hagane usually), but it's been hours now and no anime. Damn. =/
Old 2004-05-22, 06:46   Link #12
Grona
Big Damit!

damn :x that will slow down getting it big time

Dosent it air on different networks?
Old 2004-05-22, 11:44   Link #13
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grona
damn :x that will slow down getting it big time

Dosent it air on different networks?
You're kidding... Argh... No FMA this week?
Old 2004-05-22, 11:45   Link #14
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

So it looks like we'll have to wait for it until next Saturday. Gahhhh. This will be a tough, tough week ^^
Old 2004-05-22, 12:26   Link #15
Youko Recca
Breakdancing Samurai

Quote:
Originally Posted by imakewaterz0r

I bet you loved to question about vampires...
Old 2004-05-22, 12:49   Link #16
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Stupid North Korean regime and their constant lies of a classless society, now they even get in the way of FMA fans. lol (no offence to any Korean people here tho, I'm sorry if I've caused any)
Old 2004-05-22, 13:00   Link #17
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter Volk
So it looks like we'll have to wait for it until next Saturday. Gahhhh. This will be a tough, tough week ^^
Ah crap...

Sonhex
Old 2004-05-22, 14:04   Link #18
inu-fma88fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle
Stupid North Korean regime and their constant lies of a classless society, now they even get in the way of FMA fans. lol (no offence to any Korean people here tho, I'm sorry if I've caused any)
no offence taken..i think.
sorry as south korean to every fma fan
i can't believe i have to wait another week too
whats going on again? north korea (politics and communism is just screwed in my opinion. )wonder how long it will take to make them less communist
Old 2004-05-22, 16:00   Link #19
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Can they not... Show it at another time or something?
Old 2004-05-22, 16:07   Link #20
OMchan
オムちゃん

Aww.. and I was really looking forward to this week of FMA too.. because it's a long weekend. ^^;
Oh well.. I'm a patient person.
This might give us time to speculate on what will and what will not happen in Episode 33, I guess..

... *waits* ...

Kimi ni Todoke
Closed Thread