Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

Old 2004-03-29, 09:55   Link #1
Biohazard
-kanashii~desu-

Send a message via ICQ to Biohazard Send a message via MSN to Biohazard
Trance Music

Hiya, what to you people think about trance music?

I like many sorts of music, but i prefer trance over everything, and i think there are worlds between techno and trance.
I found techno rather boring, but trance ... i don't know, i really enjoy listen to trance, and it sometimes raises my mood too.

My favorite artists are:
Neo Cortex
Full Gainer
Tiesto
Skam
RMB

And i ejoy trance remixes alot too, like the remix of 2 Unlimited's "Tribal Dance" ...

What are your favorite songs? What do you think about trance? What artists do you like most?

Biohazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 10:18   Link #2
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
I love trance, but i don't really listen to any perticular artist.
I mostly listen to most vocal-trance, and melodic(also some hard-trance)...I hate progressive and such.

A very, very, very small selection of artists that I listen to/like more than others are:

Cosmic Gate(Exploration of Space, Milky way, The Wave, Back to Earth, Human Beings, Fire wire, etc etc.)
Svenson & Gielen(Answer the question, etc. I like some of Gielens song also, which i cant remember any name of)
Mario Lopez(Always & Forever, Where are you, etc)
RMB(Spring, etc.)
Pulsedriver(Galaxy, Cambodia, etc.)
Blank & Jones(The hardest heart, Desire, etc.)

...And many, many others. This artists were the ones that I had some good songs of(I never dl/buy any artists-album like I said, but mostly collections. Trance Voices, Future Trance, Trancemaster, Absolute Trance, ID&T etc etc etc...)

*edit
I sometimes listen to Digitally Imported(Mostly Trance channel, and vocal trance channel, sometimes hard trance too)

Last edited by Wilcon; 2004-03-29 at 10:29.
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 10:27   Link #3
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

I also like trance. I don't know any specific artists, but I often listen to the "Trance" station on Netscape Radio.
Slade xTekno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-29, 11:19   Link #4
Legat0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biohazard
Hiya, what to you people think about trance music?
Well since you ask, I have to say I really don't like trance music. To me it isn't even music... someone sitting behind a computer ... you can't call that music.
Legat0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 04:17   Link #5
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legat0
Well since you ask, I have to say I really don't like trance music. To me it isn't even music... someone sitting behind a computer ... you can't call that music.
...you sit behind the computer when you do all sorts of music.
For example, when you want a backgroundsound, a special melody, which is like 10 tones or something, repeating. They just do one part in like 5-10 seconds, then they just copy it and repeating those seconds on and on.
Most artist does things like that, not only tranceartists.

And if you think that trancemusic is made just behind the computer, you're wrong, most of it is usualy also made through all types of keyboards/synts and intruments like that.
You must like thinking of homemade trancemusic(amateurs and such).

*Note
I didn't ment to complain on your opinion, everyone thinks different, so it have nothing to do with that, i know alot of people hating trancemusic.
Wilcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 12:31   Link #6
Termina
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Termina
No one mentioned E Nomine, eh?

*sighs*
Termina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-03-30, 13:53   Link #7
SiL Eighty
Lateral G's

Send a message via AIM to SiL Eighty
!! I love Trance! I only recognize one artist though and thats Tiesto =/.
Here are poeple I listen to.

Chicane
Armin van Buuren
Dj Tiesto
Paul Ockenfold *Everyone should have Tranceport =o*
Paul van Dyke
BT
James Holden
Andian

I also listen to alot of vocal. Im not to fond of any specific vocal artist though. There is also a site w/ good single track DL's that are like 70mins a piece that are played on DI. If you want the site PM me as the DLs are free, but I dont wanna post the link =P.
SiL Eighty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 10:12   Link #8
Zephronite
gorogorogorogoro

No one mentioned I've Sound's trance branch, Verve Circle.
And Kazuya Takase, the man behind all the I've magic.

Pointless Trivia: I've was originally a trance group
Zephronite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-04-01, 17:00   Link #9
Lexander
www.thefestlanders.com

DANCE DANCE DANCE!!! I GOT SOME TRANCE IN MY PANTS!!!

Some trance is alright... Blank and Jones, BT and Saint John are on my fav trance list at the moment.

But ... House(progessive, funky), Hardcore, Happycore, DNB I find are better.

Progressive Trance however ... makes me wanna stab myself ... toooooo slow!!!

Sil Eighty ... what's your fav BT track? Me likes somnambulist most.
Lexander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 13:22   Link #10
oompa loompa

tee hee. resurrecting a 5 year old thread. I'm a big fan of the electronic genre, well not a big fan, but a fan. dont like techno though ( yes there is a difference). I recently went for a couple of places where good dj's were playing, ( deep dish, and infected mushroom - though infected was more like a live band), while there were turnouts, there werent a lot. On the other hand, i went for astrix in india, and the place was packed. So I asked my friends if they ever listened to electronic, and i was answered with ' techno?? why on earth would you listen to that crap??' and went on to make a rather silly imitation of what they thought techno was.. I dont mind, everyones free to listen to what they want.

I'm just curious to what you guys think, why is it that so many people simply *refuse* to even try electronic music in the US? Its not like I have a specific taste in music, infact I listen to a lot more rock than I do electronic. Sure it synthesized but who cares if it sounds good? you sure as hell need talent to do it, and plenty of well known musicians dabble in it - take yanni for example.

just to know i like a wide variety of 'electronic'

house
- i usually go for the MOS albums, cant pick any specific artist, but i guess names like guetta, bob sinclair, benny benassi, deadmau5 come up
trance
- all the usuals, paul van dyk, armin van buuren, tiesto
psychadelic - my 'acquired taste' ^^
infected, astrix, 1200 mics, astral projection, yaheel, gms etc

any other fans?
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-13, 13:28   Link #11
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by oompa loompa View Post
tee hee. resurrecting a 5 year old thread. I'm a big fan of the electronic genre, well not a big fan, but a fan. dont like techno though ( yes there is a difference). I recently went for a couple of places where good dj's were playing, ( deep dish, and infected mushroom - though infected was more like a live band), while there were turnouts, there werent a lot. On the other hand, i went for astrix in india, and the place was packed. So I asked my friends if they ever listened to electronic, and i was answered with ' techno?? why on earth would you listen to that crap??' and went on to make a rather silly imitation of what they thought techno was.. I dont mind, everyones free to listen to what they want.

I'm just curious to what you guys think, why is it that so many people simply *refuse* to even try electronic music in the US? Its not like I have a specific taste in music, infact I listen to a lot more rock than I do electronic. Sure it synthesized but who cares if it sounds good? you sure as hell need talent to do it, and plenty of well known musicians dabble in it - take yanni for example.

just to know i like a wide variety of 'electronic'

house
- i usually go for the MOS albums, cant pick any specific artist, but i guess names like guetta, bob sinclair, benny benassi, deadmau5 come up
trance
- all the usuals, paul van dyk, armin van buuren, tiesto
psychadelic - my 'acquired taste' ^^
infected, astrix, 1200 mics, astral projection

any other fans?
I listen to Armin Van Buuren's "A state of trance" every week.

I also like
Ferry Corsten
Tiesto
Above&Beyond
Deep Dish

many many many others