AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-24, 18:03   Link #521
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

C.C.'s wish can't possibly be to become mortal and spend the rest of her days with Lelouch because she made the contract as soon as she met the guy. That would be incredibly stupid.

I don't think what she wants is love, but I don't think it's so much that she's a horrible person who's incapable of love either. It's more like she doesn't know what she wants in the first place, probably because living for hundreds of years made her forget what's important in life, and that's why the contract has remained so vague all this time.

The Mao incident feeds into that. She thinks she has the answers because of hundreds of years of experience, but can't face the fact that she doesn't, so she messes everything up horribly, then runs away to try and avoid the consequences.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 18:04   Link #522
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

When did she say she was? She wants her contract fufilled and that is probably the only thing that could ever make her happy.

Yeah, they've really only thrown out there that she wants to die.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 18:06   Link #523
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
C.C.'s wish can't possibly be to become mortal and spend the rest of her days with Lelouch because she made the contract as soon as she met the guy. That would be incredibly stupid.
Agreed. This simple point invalidates a lot of possibilities. Until said otherwise, I think she just wants some flowers.

Quote:
I don't think what she wants is love, but I don't think it's so much that she's a horrible person who's incapable of love either. It's more like she doesn't know what she wants in the first place, probably because living for hundreds of years made her forget what's important in life, and that's why the contract has remained so vague all this time.
I think the contract is quite concrete and exact in its purpose; hence forming it as a contract and not an IOY. The reason its kept vague is because its a mystery of the show; it'd be like revealing the ending to a story at the start.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 18:10   Link #524
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

The reason I think it's not necessarily as concrete as it seems is because she's really evasive to Lelouch about what it involves. If it was just a mystery of the show, then they would just make it like C.C.'s name. That leaves us two possibilities.

1. She doesn't know either.

2. It goes against what Lelouch wants.

Either way I'm cool with it, really.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 18:11   Link #525
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Probably 2 so it will lead to some huge thing where he has to kill her which is what she wanted all along. It would be funny if she didn't know what it was anymore herself though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-24, 18:17   Link #526
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Probably 2 so it will lead to some huge thing where he has to kill her which is what she wanted all along.
You mean that she'd pull an Itachi, sorta?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 18:19   Link #527
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Pretty much and then we'll get some stupid tearful goodbye and Lelouch can go be happy in the end with Kallen and his sister.

Old 2008-05-24, 18:38   Link #528
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Can't Geass C.C..
Didn't stop him from trying.

And his commands were "Don't go stay. Stay by my side" when "you will forget everything about me" would have been safer.

And that's after he proclaimed that he didn't want C.C to go because she knew too much.

Kind of an odd command to give if that was the reason.

Quote:
Actually she has been watching him since he was a kid.

We don't know what C.C's wish is, but after all this time, Lelouch might have grown on her.
My ending might not be that far fetch.
Old 2008-05-24, 18:41   Link #529
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

He forgot he couldn't Geass her. He probably did it because he didn't want to lose her as a confident as well perhaps that he'd grown accustomed to her being there. Doesn't mean anything.

She was watching him, but didn't know him. And she got captured at some point anyway.

Old 2008-05-24, 19:04   Link #530
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
He forgot he couldn't Geass her. He probably did it because he didn't want to lose her as a confident as well perhaps that he'd grown accustomed to her being there.
So he does want her around by his side. That we can agree on, right. ^^

He even invented a "you know too much" excuse.

Quote:
Doesn't mean anything.
Who knows ? Who knows ? Now if you throw in his little "I will be your warlock" speech at the end of S1 ...

OH COME ON!!! You guys can't possibly ignore ALL the signs!!!1!
At least acknowledge that it's a possible pairing.

Quote:
She was watching him, but didn't know him. And she got captured at some point anyway.
Hey, you can learn a lot about a person by watching them.

I sure the FBI will agree. <_< >_>
Old 2008-05-24, 19:27   Link #531
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I think anyone would get used to having someone they regarded as a partner and not want them to leave. And I think he was being serious about her knowing too much and it was true.

He said "If you are a witch, then I will be a devil/demon king." Warlock is actually a mistranslation, though I sort of like it better. And that was just to assure her that they are in this together.

It's possible, but not likely. And it would have a tragic end in any case.

I don't think she ever regarded him as much at all until episode 11.

Old 2008-05-24, 19:50   Link #532
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Well, I think anyone would get used to having someone they regarded as a partner and not want them to leave. And I think he was being serious about her knowing too much and it was true.
Sure. Sure. I should have known better then to try to suggest any other kind of pairing other then KallenxLulu in your presence.

What the heck is with your obsession with KallenxLulu ?

Why do you have to put other possible pairings down?

From all your replies, you seem desperately to want C.C to die, so Kallen will have less competition.

Quote:
He said "If you are a witch, then I will be a devil/demon king." Warlock is actually a mistranslation, though I sort of like it better. And that was just to assure her that they are in this together.

It's possible, but not likely. And it would have a tragic end in any case.

I don't think she ever regarded him as much at all until episode 11.
Actually their conversation at that point has nothing to do with the mission or her wish.

It was mostly C.C reminiscing about her past. Lulu's rely was more or less say, "You have me by you side now, if you are a witch, I will be your warlock/demon king".
Old 2008-05-24, 20:03   Link #533
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salt View Post
Sure. Sure. I should have known better then to try to suggest any other kind of pairing other then KallenxLulu in your presence.

What the heck is with your obsession with KallenxLulu ?

Why do you have to put other possible pairings down?

From all your replies, you seem desperately to want C.C to die, so Kallen will have less competition.

Actually their conversation at that point has nothing to do with the mission or her wish.

It was mostly C.C reminiscing about her past. Lulu's rely was more or less say, "You have me by you side now, if you are a witch, I will be your warlock/demon king".

I'm not saying that really. I'm just saying I don't think the order is as complicated a thing as some are trying to make it out to be. I think C.C.'s comment of him being just like Mao at that moment was correct.

Long story, but I'm not a fan of it just so you know.

Because they don't seem likely. Or they would end tragically in the end.

I want her to live and actually live a life that isn't dependent on fufilling a contract. I'm not that big a fan of Kallen at all.

It didn't? It talked about how she had been alone for all her life through time with Lelouch simply assuring her that wasn't the case because they were partners in this and he had no plans of abandoning her.

I don't think that it was anything like him being her anything. Just that if she is such a thing then he is as well because he is perhaps the same as her and in this with her.

Meh, someone will come later and probably rip both our words apart.

Old 2008-05-24, 20:04   Link #534
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

pfft, i wish lulu gets c.c. AND kallen

taht would be awesome
miroku2192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-24, 20:05   Link #535
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Not going to happen so don't bother with it. This isn't about such a thing anyway.

Old 2008-05-24, 20:09   Link #536
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
pfft, i wish lulu gets c.c. AND kallen

taht would be awesome
hmm, Harem ...
Old 2008-05-24, 20:11   Link #537
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No one has ever done it in a serious work and they aren't going to start now. This isn't the thread for it anyway.

Old 2008-05-24, 20:26   Link #538
Salt
the cynic

Quote:
Long story, but I'm not a fan of it just so you know.

I'm not that big a fan of Kallen at all.
Sorry man, I have a hard time believing you.

LOL. Every thread where pairings turn up, you are there defending Kallen like you are her Knight or something.

If there is a post supporting KallenxLulu you will be the first to praise it, any other pairing you will shoot down declaring it's impossible.

Come on man, half of your posts make it sound like C.C/whoever is definitely going to die by the end of the show and KallenxLulu is a sure thing.

PS:
You know what's ironic, when I start reading this stuff I didn't think too much about it, and just thought Kallen and Lulu will make a cute couple.

But through debates with you where I started exploring other possible pairings, and you shooting them down. I started to rewatch many of the character development scenes in S1, to refresh my memory. I gradually grow more and more convince that C.CxLulu is going to happen. Their relationship is so close & far along it isn't funny.
Old 2008-05-24, 20:31   Link #539
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Sorry man, I have a hard time believing you.

LOL. Every thread where pairings turn up, you are there defending Kallen like you are her Knight or something.

If a post supporting KallenxLulu you will be the first praise it, any pairing you shoot down declaring it's impossible.

Come on man, half of your posts make it sound like C.C/whoever is definitely going to die by the end of the show and KallenxLulu is a sure thing.

PS:
You know what's ironic, when I start read this stuff I didn't think too much about it, and just thought Kallen and Lulu will make a cute couple.

But through debates with you where I started exploring other possible pairings, and you shooting them down. I started to rewatch many of the character development scenes in S1, to refresh my memory. I gradually grow more and more convince that C.CxLulu is going to happen. Their relationship is so far along it isn't funny.
I suppose I can understand why.

I'm not defending her really. I don't see it that way anyway. Just trying to keep people from believing in a pairing that has no hope and this not being disappointed after getting their hopes up.

I'm actually being sarcastic in a lot of those replies.

They could be cute I guess. Depends on how it happens I suppose, but something about Kallen being so obsessed with Zero always irritated me to no end.

Maybe, maybe not. I haven't seen much to suggest it when I look over things, though Var and other people helped that along by tearing apart anything regarding C.C..

Old 2008-05-24, 20:46   Link #540
Var
Banned

Quote:
The reason I think it's not necessarily as concrete as it seems is because she's really evasive to Lelouch about what it involves. If it was just a mystery of the show, then they would just make it like C.C.'s name. That leaves us two possibilities.

1. She doesn't know either.

2. It goes against what Lelouch wants.

Either way I'm cool with it, really.
I understand where you're coming from. Though, I have to bring attention to this, her constant interactions (read: conversations with those from the World of C or V2) with others concerning Lelouch and the fact that she explicitly states that all she needs is for him to stay alive, make me to believe that either she knows or its option #2. I am still inclined to believe the former rather than the later.

Quote:
Didn't stop him from trying.

And his commands were "Don't go stay. Stay by my side" when "you will forget everything about me" would have been safer.

And that's after he proclaimed that he didn't want C.C to go because she knew too much.

Kind of an odd command to give if that was the reason.
If you wanted a 'leap of logic' what you just said was it.

So you, as a leader, would order a confidant and immortal soldier to 'forget everything'? I'm sorry but, unless you're brain dead retarded, you're not going to order anyone to simply forget everything when you can make use of their knowledge (about Geass) and use them for your ends.

So... no, the command is actually perfectly sensical given the conditions.

Quote:
Actually she has been watching him since he was a kid.
That only serves to prove that she's a stalker. Nothing more. If you think someone can say 'Oh I know I love him' from just stalking some brat... then I don't know what to say.

Quote:
We don't know what C.C's wish is, but after all this time, Lelouch might have grown on her.
My ending might not be that far fetch.
And I could spontaneously combust.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote