AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-04-29, 10:46   Link #1981
Sobonok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
By the way, if some people want to play with Animesuki members, here my ID: Suikyo!
Long time I didn't play with some members like Kafriel .
US ID = Soborok

Already sent friend requests for people who said names here.
Sobonok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 08:59   Link #1982
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Konakaga does a nice Skarner. ^^
Old 2012-04-30, 09:15   Link #1983
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Weird, I'm already seeing him in the champion viewing screen

Quite expensive. isn't he?
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 11:59   Link #1984
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Mine was free for 0 RP, but I couldn't buy him >_< I think this one will have more freedom as an AP/AS HP shredder, looking forward to all kinds of fun builds.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 12:14   Link #1985
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Konakaga View Post
Why does Anivia have a Bloodthirster and Stark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Does anyone use surge on their ranged AD carries? I take it all the time and people always rage about it...
Why would you ever use surge when you have Ignite/Exhaust/Flash/Heal/Cleanse which are all infinitely better? As for Ghost, I haven't seen any pro level AD player ever use Ghost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
I know the pros say Graves and Vayne are best, but that just doesn't match my experience. Have bought Vayne to figure if I could get better with her, but I've used MF for nearly 100 straight matches now since I hit the level cap. She's what I'm good at and gives me darn good results, despite how that defies the logic of others.

Flash and Ghost. Surge is tempting but I find living far too important and Ghost has saved me from a lot of un-MIAed ganks, withdrawls after pushing or pursuing someone after an all vs all to get the kill. MF guides claim Ignite or heal is better but I only find Ignite good early and Heal only delays the inevitable.
@bold part: What is this I don't even

There isn't a 'best' AD. Depending on what you plan on doing with your team comp you want a very specific champion. A few examples are:

Early game domination: Urgot, Miss Fortune
Overall solid: Graves, Ashe, Sivir
Laning phase: Caitlyn
Late game hyper-carry: Vayne, Kogmaw

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2012-04-30 at 12:38.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 12:20   Link #1986
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Because, surge increases AP and AS, making it perfect for (obviously) AS/AP builds but it also gives faster returns on lifesteal and x-hit procs. Plus it has more damage potential than ignite and occasionally your AD carry may have a lot more range than exhaust, making the latter uncomfortable to use.
Heal is not infinitely better than anything except promote. Maybe. Flash and cleanse are popular enough, no real need to skip either.
Old 2012-04-30, 14:33   Link #1987
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Why does Anivia have a Bloodthirster and Stark?
I have no idea, maybe Anivia had give up on being decent and got Stark Aura to help me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Heal is not infinitely better than anything except promote. Maybe. Flash and cleanse are popular enough, no real need to skip either.
Heal is popular at least in whatever elo I am in on AD because you can bait people sometimes for a kill. When I solo queue anyways both bots to be Flash/CV support and Flash/Heal AD ussually.

Also Revive and Clarity disagree .(Outside of Karthus with Revive he doesn't count )
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 14:56   Link #1988
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Revive is bad on anyone. 10 minutes cd means you will use it 4-5 times tops, with few exceptions. Heal is bad because:
1) If you're being chased, you can't heal over a wall. Any kind of slow signs your death, and champions with on-hit slows just keep coming.
2) Heal doesn't trump ignite. If you're trying to bait someone, it should only work if they got heal too <_< Grievous wounds are increasing as well, with Morello's evil tome getting one this patch.
3) It is as useful as two AAs late-game, completely overshadowed by ghost, flash and cleanse.
Quote:
I have no idea, maybe Anivia had give up on being decent and got Stark Aura to help me?
I have seen pure AP Olaf in co-op. 'nuff said.
Old 2012-04-30, 17:35   Link #1989
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Nah, Revive is niche, not useless. Revive Pantheon is lulsy (be focused down, revive, then man jump back in the teamfight), while a high elo streamer (forgot who) pretty much runs Revive/TP on his Karthus. While on a ridiculously long CD, sometimes it only takes one teamfight to win the game. And if you have a way to get back into the teamfight, essentially a 6v5 gives you a big edge on winning.

Heal baiting is done even in high elo. Champs who have innate heal reduct, you obviously wont take heal. But if they don't have any, no one is gonna itemize against heal when there are better options around.

Surge, Promote, and Clarity on the other hand...

Surge AS increase is miniscule for AD carries since it scales additively. Even those who main Kog (probably THE champ that benefits the most from Surge) doesn't take it. Assuming Flash is a given, Heal, Ignite, Exhaust, and Cleanse are all better options. Heck, even Ghost is better, and Ghost is rarely run on AD carries anymore.

Promote is pretty much dominion spell, where one promote can take down an undefended tower. Not so in SR.

Clarity on the otherhand, even Riot admits its a crutch for newer players so they can spam more.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 17:59   Link #1990
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
while a high elo streamer (forgot who) pretty much runs Revive/TP on his Karthus.
Phantomlord. He plays a 2300elo Karthus and 1800elo anything else.
Old 2012-04-30, 19:38   Link #1991
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

http://i.imgur.com/CD7g3.jpg ಠ_ಠ
People like this make me want to quit sometimes.
Old 2012-04-30, 22:11   Link #1992
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm surprised that I still remember my old League of Legends account... Either way, I have a lot of catching up to do! I'll see everyone who is still on my friends list that still plays, and those that want to play together with me in-game!

5-6 new champions from when I last played... Hecarim really does catch my eye, if anyone knows much about him. Please let me know since I'll be getting him shortly.
Old 2012-05-01, 03:34   Link #1993
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
I'm surprised that I still remember my old League of Legends account... Either way, I have a lot of catching up to do! I'll see everyone who is still on my friends list that still plays, and those that want to play together with me in-game!

5-6 new champions from when I last played... Hecarim really does catch my eye, if anyone knows much about him. Please let me know since I'll be getting him shortly.
Hecarim is free this week actually so good timing , I've seen him do well solo top or jungling, usage/time of his movement buff and knockback is pretty important from what I've seen.

Also finally a free Udyr week, now I can finally give him a test run to see if I want to buy him or not for jungling.
MAL
Old 2012-05-01, 03:53   Link #1994
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I don't like Hecarim. Too kill-dependent for someone without an innate slow (unless it's his slow jungling speed :P), it's hard to land his knockback and sometimes it doesn't KB (and his ult doesn't always fear, for some reason), his W does fuck all in any case (Wriggle's+W and I barely saw lifesteal). Even at full gear, he's still overshadowed by other tough DPS - in comparison, Udyr works wonders with boots, TriForce and a wit's end.
Old 2012-05-01, 07:25   Link #1995
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Hmm, so it seems like he needs some tinkering? I'll give him a try when I get back and log in. Thanks for the info Kafriel and surprised that I posted this the exact time he's free this week Konakaga
Old 2012-05-01, 07:58   Link #1996
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

I don't know about jungle Hecarim but he's a solid toplaner.

That said the spectator mode is great.
Old 2012-05-01, 08:07   Link #1997
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

And Varus has been delayed.

Again.

:L
Khu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 08:20   Link #1998
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Spectator mode is good thus far.

Hecarim jungle is fine...seen plenty own ganking early as jungle Hec.

Out of interest, has anyone else ever been in a match where they were forced into a 2v3 for the first 15 minutes in bot lane...Just now, I was stuck with a Taric vs Caitlyn, Pantheon and Wukong...10 mins in, we had about 15 CS...15 mins in help finally came and killed one of them, we gave no deaths bot all the way...10-15 mins later, game is over, I'm somehow 6-0 and Irelia 12-3 from being fed by a Nocturne and that silly trio splitting up. Kona watched the last few mins and found it hilarious.
Old 2012-05-01, 08:44   Link #1999
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Hmm I remember a 1-2-1 setup, which was strong because of our jungler ganking theirs+mid...don't see many people trilaning in LoL, too much of an exp loss.
Old 2012-05-01, 09:45   Link #2000
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khu View Post
And Varus has been delayed.

Again.

:L
Same with the Grail/Chalice upgrade it seems.
MAL

Tags
league of legends, lol