AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-07-18, 12:20   Link #1
epyon96

Aion Motives and Demon's Motives

just finished the series and despite whatever ppl may say, I think it's a great anime.

But anyways. One thing I never understood too well throughout the anime is Aion's objectives. He said he wanted to create an alternative to a supposed appoclypes.

Does that mean he wants to kill all humans or whatnot? It sure doesn't look like it if he's making Rosetta do the humanitarian duty of helping people.

Does he want to be the creator? I don't understand how he can since in this anime, God exists and seems to be the ultimate omnipotent force that decides fate. Or does it?

And this pandamonian thing about Aion having the fallen angel's head. Call me stupid but I'm not sure if it's refering to the fact that he killed "Satan/Beezlebub/diablo/lucifer/etc" whatever you want to call him.

Why does the other demons not approve of what he is doing? It seems to benefit them in their favor if it gives them freedom and more room to expand (into both heaven and earth as opposed to hell).

EPYON
Old 2004-07-18, 13:00   Link #2
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

This bounds to contain SPOILERS I guess...

Aion wants total freedom, and he thinks that there's a way for him to becom God... but in the end it seems he's also played by God...

I also have a not-well-accepted theory that Aion is God or God's agent. I think in one episode it mentioned that Pandemonium/Hell is between Heaven and Earth, so the light of God cannot reach Earth but stopped at Hell. Aion said he wanted to switch Heaven and Hell, let Heaven become Hell and let Hell fill with light. If you think about it, that could be beneficial to God/forces of Heaven. If Heaven and Hell switch position, that means Heaven is between Hell and Earth, so the darkness of Hell won't be able to reach Earth while the light of Heaven can shine on both Hell and Earth...
Old 2004-07-27, 03:07   Link #3
yousack

Quote:
Originally Posted by epyon96
just finished the series and despite whatever ppl may say, I think it's a great anime.

But anyways. One thing I never understood too well throughout the anime is Aion's objectives. He said he wanted to create an alternative to a supposed appoclypes.

Does that mean he wants to kill all humans or whatnot? It sure doesn't look like it if he's making Rosetta do the humanitarian duty of helping people.

Does he want to be the creator? I don't understand how he can since in this anime, God exists and seems to be the ultimate omnipotent force that decides fate. Or does it?

And this pandamonian thing about Aion having the fallen angel's head. Call me stupid but I'm not sure if it's refering to the fact that he killed "Satan/Beezlebub/diablo/lucifer/etc" whatever you want to call him.

Why does the other demons not approve of what he is doing? It seems to benefit them in their favor if it gives them freedom and more room to expand (into both heaven and earth as opposed to hell).

EPYON
The reason the other demons despised the Sinners is for the precise fact that Aion and his band of demons are going against Pandemonium's intentions. Pandemonium, and all the demons loyal to it, are like a beehive...think of it that way. By rebelling, Aion is distorting Pandemonium's orders and thus the balance between heaven and earth.

I think Aion's intention was to lead humans into a further state of degradation, and towards the apocalypse. He didn't intend to START the apocalypse, just to push it towards the beginning. He causes people to hate the Magdalan nuns and priests, a "fall away from faith." He is motivated and further creates anger and loss of faith among humans.
Old 2004-08-17, 12:20   Link #4
Ayame
Inuzuka Kiba Glomper

I'm at episode 17 with Chrno Crusade, I don't know how much there are.
I can't find download sites with Chrno Crusade anymore ;-;
help me find one!
Old 2004-08-17, 18:44   Link #5
DarkCntry
Blue Dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayame
I'm at episode 17 with Chrno Crusade, I don't know how much there are.
I can't find download sites with Chrno Crusade anymore ;-;
help me find one!
You will not get any help here, as it has been liscensed by ADV.