AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-26, 14:43   Link #561
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
Sounds like a dramatic exit is coming up, she always does the voice at the beginning though, so I don't think she's gonna die
It would be fitting. I don't think her being the narrator in the beginning guarantees anything. She could possibly die and still observe since people in the World of C seem to be able to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avira View Post
Hhhmm...maybe she'll be the only one standing in the end and narrates the whole story, that's a possiblity too.She is afterall immortal and it would be sort of dramatic and sad if everyone died and the world sunk in chaos.She would be alone again.

I hope we'll learn more about her and geass(V.V. and the emporer too); I for my part find that more interesting than the actual rebellion, but if that comes it'll probably be in the end(dramatic showdown O.O)I think she only really had an important role towards the end of season 1.
Taniguchi does somewhat vague endings often, but it's really that you don't know what the future will hold with his stuff.

Her being the only one left in the end seems an unlikely ending to me. It would be very cruel and sort of out of character for Taniguchi's style of doing things. She could certainly become an observer of some sort in the end. She could even go back to watching over Lelouch from afar.

We'll learn more for sure, but I wouldn't expect any big answers till the last few episodes.

It's true C.C. didn't factor in that much at all in season 1 until later on.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 15:19   Link #562
Used Can

I'd like to point out one thing. The time she left Lelouch to go with Mao, she told Lelouch he could keep his Geass, and that he wouldn't have to worry about her anymore. Also, the reason why she went to Mao was because he said he would expose Zero's identity to the authorities. On that regard, she did those things for Lelouch, no contract involved.
Old 2008-05-26, 17:35   Link #563
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
I'd like to point out one thing. The time she left Lelouch to go with Mao, she told Lelouch he could keep his Geass, and that he wouldn't have to worry about her anymore. Also, the reason why she went to Mao was because he said he would expose Zero's identity to the authorities. On that regard, she did those things for Lelouch, no contract involved.
Oh, I don't know; had he been exposed, he'd probably have been killed and thus unable to fulfiil his contract...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-26, 18:04   Link #564
Used Can

Indeed, but when she parted with Lelouch, she told him he wouldn't have to care about her anymore. Perhaps, she just was bluffing, and planning to kill Mao just to return later, but there's also the fact she couldn't bring herself to pull the trigger, and going with Mao to Australia meant no more contract with Lelouch.
Old 2008-05-26, 19:54   Link #565
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That "keep his Geass" thing is quite confusing really since it does not seem that a giver can take back a Geass. The contract seems to establish some sort of connection between the giver and the taker since we saw C.C. react in pain when Lelouch's Geass went haywire. I think when she left Mao his connection was cut off, but does that do anything?

And I'd say she may have been bluffing in a sense since she made it clear her plan had been to kill Mao. She may have just watched Lelouch from the shadows or something instead of going back to him.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-05-27, 14:20   Link #566
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
That "keep his Geass" thing is quite confusing really since it does not seem that a giver can take back a Geass.
I'm quite sure they cannot; otherwise, she would, most likely, have taken it away from Mao, before abandoning him.

The whole "you can keep your Geass" sounded like she told him he could keep it like a present, rather than a part of a contract. That'd be why Lelouch proposed her the contract once again at the end of that episode, or, at least, that's the impression I got.

Quote:
And I'd say she may have been bluffing in a sense since she made it clear her plan had been to kill Mao. She may have just watched Lelouch from the shadows or something instead of going back to him.
Maybe, maybe not. All the same, she didn't kill Mao, and that meant going with him. Whatever C.C. thinks, it's almost always difficult to tell.
Old 2008-05-27, 14:26   Link #567
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

That's been my stance on it as well. It makes no sense for her to leave him with it. I suppose that interpretation could work.

Well, I don't think she planned on Mao chopping her up. She seemed to accept that whole fate though as her "punishment".

Meh, she's practically guaranteed to die in the end anyway so it may not matter.

Old 2008-05-27, 14:37   Link #568
Used Can

Quote:
Well, I don't think she planned on Mao chopping her up. She seemed to accept that whole fate though as her "punishment".
True, but that shows she cared for Mao - just look at her reaction right after the policemen started shooting at him; she also looked quite regretful when she told Lelouch about Mao's life, and how important she was for him. I, honestly, do not know why some people tend to believe she doesn't care for anything beside the contract.

Anyway, at the very moment she gave up on the chance killing Mao (and accepted her punishment), she technically dropped her contract with Lelouch, since she'd be her spending her days with Mao.

Quote:
Meh, she's practically guaranteed to die in the end anyway so it may not matter.
I disagree, but it is still possible; so, I won't argue.
Old 2008-05-27, 14:45   Link #569
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, it's more that she puts the contract above everything else including her own feelings. I felt her whole thing at the end of 15 showed she feared that he was getting attached to her and that she was relieved when he just said it was a contract.

I have trouble seeing her living except perhaps as an observer or something, but even then she would be all alone again.

Old 2008-05-27, 15:00   Link #570
Used Can

Quote:
Well, it's more that she puts the contract above everything else including her own feelings. I felt her whole thing at the end of 15 showed she feared that he was getting attached to her and that she was relieved when he just said it was a contract.
That's almost exactly what I think. The reason behind her not wanting anyone to become attached to her is, most likely and in my opinion, because she has lost too many important people and she doesn't want to feel the pain of loss again. That, and she probably doesn't want people ending up like Mao.
Old 2008-05-27, 15:20   Link #571
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I also think she wants to avoid having something happen like with Mao where both became attached to the other. No telling where that will lead though. I don't see her ever saying anything to Lelouch about her own feelings (if she has any) unless she were dying.

Taniguchi did say that she had learned her lesson about abandoning contracts after Mao and would stick with Lelouch till the end.

Old 2008-05-27, 23:58   Link #572
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
overexaggerating again. Damn you
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 00:34   Link #573
Used Can

Quote:
I also think she wants to avoid having something happen like with Mao where both became attached to the other.
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said she probably doesn't want people to end up like Mao. Not only it is bad for the person who ends up like that, it must also be troublesome and painful for her.
Old 2008-05-28, 10:18   Link #574
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
overexaggerating again. Damn you
We'll see if I am. Her chances of living in the end aren't very high though and it really doesn't make sense for her to be alive.

Quote:
Yeah, that's what I meant when I said she probably doesn't want people to end up like Mao. Not only it is bad for the person who ends up like that, it must also be troublesome and painful for her.
She doesn't want another failure like Mao and having to leave someone she actually cared about is painful for anyone, especially someone like her. I wonder if she has convinced herself she isn't really capable of such a thing.

Old 2008-05-28, 17:30   Link #575
Used Can

Quote:
I wonder if she has convinced herself she isn't really capable of such a thing.
Capable of what? Caring? If that's what you mean, I'd say yes, or at least, she tries to fool herself and others she doesn't, like when she told Marianne she didn't care if Lelouch returned or not to the OotBK, but she was clearly happy when he returned.
Old 2008-05-28, 18:12   Link #576
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Capable of what? Caring? If that's what you mean, I'd say yes, or at least, she tries to fool herself and others she doesn't, like when she told Marianne she didn't care if Lelouch returned or not to the OotBK, but she was clearly happy when he returned.
that scene could be interpreted in many ways. one is by what you said. there are other forms which i can't think of right now lol (juz woke up =x). however, i'd have to admit that throughout the series. including S1. her character has been developing to "feel" for lelouch and some other people..
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 23:41   Link #577
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Yeah, I suppose I meant that. You have little moments like that, though at this point I have to wonder what the point of them is since they have no real meaning left.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
that scene could be interpreted in many ways. one is by what you said. there are other forms which i can't think of right now lol (juz woke up =x). however, i'd have to admit that throughout the series. including S1. her character has been developing to "feel" for lelouch and some other people..
I think that whole thing from season 1 is probably going to go the way of the whole sub plot with Shirley finding the letter:no where at all.

Old 2008-05-29, 02:10   Link #578
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
We'll see if I am. Her chances of living in the end aren't very high though and it really doesn't make sense for her to be alive.
If you want to speculate, do it in the proper thread <_<

Because there is no fact about that >_>
Old 2008-05-29, 02:15   Link #579
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Because there is no fact about that >_>
Technically there just about nothing is pure fact in here... *hides*.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-29, 02:18   Link #580
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
Technically there just about nothing is pure fact in here... *hides*.
... ...