AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2007-08-29, 03:21   Link #1121
Westlo
Lets be reality

Will be next to impossible to have no reused animation/stock footage (do we really need to see 52 different angles of a gundam taking out a weapon?) but if they can kept it to a minimum like Code Geass than that would be great as opposed to the overly excessive amount used in Gundam Wing and the SEED franchise.

Destiny was the worst by far... sup Strike Gundam instead of Impulse somewhere in the 10-19's....

Last edited by Westlo; 2007-08-29 at 07:30.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 08:19   Link #1122
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Gundam 00 gets another manga adaption

As mentioned by ANN, Gundam 00 will get another manga version serialized in Magazine Z. A preview will be in the issue on sale September 26 with the manga starting a month later.

frm Gunota
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-29, 10:18   Link #1123
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Two manga adaptations? Why?
Old 2007-08-29, 12:21   Link #1124
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Two manga adaptations? Why?
First reason: Maximum coverage. Different magazines have different readers, so having a 00 manga on each would increase exposure.

2nd reason: The various Seed Astray mangas had done very well for itself, and is quite respectable in both popularity and marketability. It would be wise to replicate this for 00, if possible.
Old 2007-08-31, 19:36   Link #1125
Zilveari
Retired(?) Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to Zilveari
Red Scarf kinda looks like they took Lelouch, Heero Yuy, and Garrod Ran's fashion sense... melted them together in a big pot, and let a new character form... Look at the facial feature and eyes compared to Heero. The hair and face structure remind me of lelouch. and somethign about him reminds me of Garroad.
Zilveari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 20:48   Link #1126
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zilveari View Post
Red Scarf kinda looks like they took Lelouch, Heero Yuy, and Garrod Ran's fashion sense...
Actually, Setsuna's outfit is based on traditional Middle-Eastern fashion. There was a comparison pic somewhere out there but I can't seem to find it at the moment. But its pretty darn accurate.
Old 2007-08-31, 23:40   Link #1127
Pride
Ore, Sanjou!

Quote:
and somethign about him reminds me of Garroad.
Hair and complexion?
Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 01:00   Link #1128
duotiga
Zander Yuusha Kyorugold

Send a message via ICQ to duotiga Send a message via MSN to duotiga
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightman View Post
Actually, Setsuna's outfit is based on traditional Middle-Eastern fashion. There was a comparison pic somewhere out there but I can't seem to find it at the moment. But its pretty darn accurate.
his overall look reminds me of Tendou Souji (Kamen Rider Kabuto)
duotiga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 01:34   Link #1129
Elluh

Quote:
Red Scarf kinda looks like they took Lelouch, Heero Yuy, and Garrod Ran's fashion sense... melted them together in a big pot, and let a new character form... Look at the facial feature and eyes compared to Heero. The hair and face structure remind me of lelouch. and somethign about him reminds me of Garroad.
Understandably so with the other guys,but Garrod

Personality wise Setsuna seems to be screaming Heero Yuy.Garrod was like the anti Heero.Sociable,funny,and he cared about Tiffa from the very beginning,just was too shy to ever say anything.
Elluh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 04:31   Link #1130
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Oh yeah. Especially the one picture of him in black and white
Old 2007-09-01, 09:20   Link #1131
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by duotiga View Post
Setsuna=Ritsuka (another character designed by Yun Kouga, a 12 years old one)+Tendou Souji

Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 09:33   Link #1132
Zenemis
Megabuddy
*IT Support

Sorta does... if the hair-hook went the other way o.o

Could say they're literally mirror images then :|
Old 2007-09-01, 10:05   Link #1133
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

this new gundam series looks emo >.>

I'm gonna cry if this ends up yet another show with emo kids in super power robot beating people up while screaming for peace.

Need more characters like those in LoGH imo.
Old 2007-09-01, 12:56   Link #1134
NeoSam

There's a second season of Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 mentioned on MoonPhase's anime list
Old 2007-09-01, 13:32   Link #1135
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
There's a second season of Kidou Senshi Gundam 00 mentioned on MoonPhase's anime list
Hmm... http://www.moonphase.cc/Html/anime.html

"Season 1" starts in October, and "Season 2" is listed... What does that mean? Two series of 25 eps separated like Code Geass? Or is the sequel already in planning I'll call it BS for now, until further notice...
Old 2007-09-01, 13:38   Link #1136
Elluh

I would HATE if the series was split up into two half's like Geass
Elluh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 14:07   Link #1137
Destinyblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elluh View Post
I would HATE if the series was split up into two half's like Geass
I agree, but it makes little sense to split Gundam 00 into two halves. The show hasn't even aired yet, so why only air the first half on doroku and something else replaces it in Spring? MBS/TBS's 6:00pm timeslot has been failing ratings-wise over the past two years, but isn't that the exact reason why they're putting Gundam on the slot this coming Fall? And if it is a success, then shouldn't it run the whole way through instead of being divided up like Geass?

The only other thing I can think of is that the site is hinting that Gundam 00 will run 50 episodes, and that Season 2 is a "sequel," like what SEED Destiny is to SEED. But that's also illogical, as 00 hasn't even proven to be a success yet.

I don't know... like brightman, I'm considering this nonsense unless there's some source posted somewhere saying that Sunrise decided to do that. Even so, there better be a pretty darn good explanation as to why.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 14:18   Link #1138
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinyblade View Post
I agree, but it makes little sense to split Gundam 00 into two halves. The show hasn't even aired yet, so why only air the first half on doroku and something else replaces it in Spring? MBS/TBS's 6:00pm timeslot has been failing ratings-wise over the past two years, but isn't that the exact reason why they're putting Gundam on the slot this coming Fall? And if it is a success, then shouldn't it run the whole way through instead of being divided up like Geass?

The only other thing I can think of is that the site is hinting that Gundam 00 will run 50 episodes, and that Season 2 is a "sequel," like what SEED Destiny is to SEED. But that's also illogical, as 00 hasn't even proven to be a success yet.

I don't know... like brightman, I'm considering this nonsense unless there's some source posted somewhere saying that Sunrise decided to do that. Even so, there better be a pretty darn good explanation as to why.
Well it is split in half according to this article. [prophetic sarcasm]This evidence clearly shows that the series will automatically be a train wreck.[/prophetic sarcasm]
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 14:31   Link #1139
Destinyblade

I guess I should've worded that differently. I meant to say that I will consider it nonsense until there's multiple sources saying that Gundam 00 is going to be split into two seasons. MOON PHASE is a very reliable source, but this just doesn't seem logical at all.

EDIT: Never mind, I clicked the link you provided.

But still... why? I just don't see the whole point of dividing Gundam 00 into two seasons. Unless that's supposed to mean that they're focusing on Gundam 00 this Fall, Geass in the Spring, and then 00 again in Fall 2008? You know, kinda like how KyoAni does their projects one at a time?

Last edited by Destinyblade; 2007-09-01 at 14:44.
Destinyblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 15:56   Link #1140
7Th
Mixtape

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Will be next to impossible to have no reused animation/stock footage (do we really need to see 52 different angles of a gundam taking out a weapon?) but if they can kept it to a minimum like Code Geass than that would be great as opposed to the overly excessive amount used in Gundam Wing and the SEED franchise.

Destiny was the worst by far... sup Strike Gundam instead of Impulse somewhere in the 10-19's....
Geass was pretty awfully animated from episodes 12 to 20 and even the first half of the two-parter finale was pretty incomplete and sub-par.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
this new gundam series looks emo >.>

I'm gonna cry if this ends up yet another show with emo kids in super power robot beating people up while screaming for peace.

Need more characters like those in LoGH imo.
That's Gundam in a nutshell.
7Th is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
spoilers