Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-01-01, 12:23   Link #101
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
It was very very quick and small that no one really does. It was after they were safe from Kuma and they started to party with the other pirates who lost their shadows to Moria. They had the treasure and Luffy found the glass bracelet. Nami found no real worth to it so she let him keep it. If only she knew.....
Old 2009-01-01, 15:44   Link #102
marvelB

Heh, even the Straw-Hats are celebrating the new year:

Spoiler:

Anyway, I'm pretty interested in finding out if any of the Supernovas aside from the guys who got thrashed by Kizaru (Apoo, Drake, Hawkins and Urouge, in case anyone forgot) were also unfortunate enough to get imprisoned. The last time we saw Bonney and Capone, they were busy messing around with marine grunts, and we know pretty much nothing about Law and Kidd despite them being the first ones to encounter a Pacifista (who may or may not have been the original Kuma). If Kidd and Law's crews were captured, then I'd think that both captains may end up in one of the floors below level 5 (or at least Kidd anyway, considering the reason why he has such a huge bounty in the first place).

Of course, if it turns out that ALL of the other Supernovas were imprisoned (well, with the exception of Zoro anyway), then this could be a great opportunity for Oda to further develop these characters (for cryin' out loud, we haven't even got the names of their DF powers yet!). Besides, even if all of them do manage to escape from Impel Down, it still wouldn't guarantee the chances of them all reaching the New World.....

....Also! I'm still expecting to see a reappearance from Arlong, as well. I'd think that his connections to Jinbei (and most likely Fisher Tiger, as well) would land him in either level 3 or 4......
Old 2009-01-01, 19:16   Link #103
Prestige

Damn...Impel Down means business...it's better just die than end up there.

That place makes Auschwitchs look like kindergarden... pretty fuked up place

But I can't complain, Impel Down is not joke and I will look forward how Oda plays this out, One piece is gettin more darker themed on this arc I guess.

I guess we will meet some enemys from before, from Arlong to Baroque works.

Mr.3 seems to be broken apart, what is no miracle, how Oda plays Impel Down you could lose your mind quickly there.

I guess Hancock is also on her way to Level 5, she came to Impel Down to meet Ace and I guess there is chance she and Luffy will meet again in prison.

Damn if first levels are this bad I can't imagine what will be level 4-5 will be or levels below them.
Old 2009-01-02, 00:25   Link #104
Captain Roronoa Zoro

i wonder if the little girl with mr.3 went to impel down.Tho tht wuld be crazy imean she's just a kid i think O.o
Old 2009-01-02, 00:34   Link #105
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Roronoa Zoro View Post
i wonder if the little girl with mr.3 went to impel down.Tho tht wuld be crazy imean she's just a kid i think O.o
Miss Doublefinger, Miss Goldenweek, Mr.4, Miss Merry Christmas, Lasso, Mr.5 and Miss Valentine all escaped from Impel Down and currently reside in Alabasta running a small cafe.
Old 2009-01-02, 00:52   Link #106
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Miss Doublefinger, Miss Goldenweek, Mr.4, Miss Merry Christmas, Lasso, Mr.5 and Miss Valentine all escaped from Impel Down and currently reside in Alabasta running a small cafe.
That was Impel Down they escaped from? Thought it was just a marine prison. And afterwards Crocodile and co were shipped to Impel Down.

Haha at Nami. Keeping as deposit.
Old 2009-01-02, 01:07   Link #107
Sprite_Coke

Send a message via AIM to Sprite_Coke
So basically at the end of all this impel down business, the only thing left for the world government would be the 5 elders (+admirals?, I'm not sure if they were called for this war with Whitebeard. A vice admiral [Garp] was called but I don't think the admirals were called yet.)
Old 2009-01-02, 08:14   Link #108
syler321

im pretty sure the world govement called everybody to the impledown to face whitebeard,when they showed the shicibukai in the manga u could see 3 or 4 wg ppl probably admirals with them near the table...
Old 2009-01-02, 15:03   Link #109
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post

A couple of corrections:

1. They didn't escape from Impel Down, but a small marine prison. Crocodile, Daz, Bon and 3 aren't sent to ID until the end of the ministory.

2. We don't actually know if Goldenweek's group opened the new Spider's cafe in Alabasta. All we know is that they remodeled some broken-down shack in the middle of nowhere (it was never specified where "nowhere is"). They could be just about anywhere in the Grand Line.....

....And besides, I don't think it would be a good idea for them to return to Alabasta after all the trouble they caused, anyway. Though if they actually did, maybe they could collaborate with Gedatsu and his hot spring business somehow!
Old 2009-01-02, 18:10   Link #110
mtarzaim

Buggy could be an awesome addition to Tactic 15 !
This only should give him a worthy place in the straw-hat crew.

The fact that Buggy's & Luffy's DF are complementary is also an interesting thought.
Did Oda plan that since the begining, or is it just a sweet consequency of the polar opposite law (the hero must eventually fight a boss using his opposite strength) ?

About the 6th level, I think it's a confined high security level, where are kept (and tortured) people knowing about the true past.
Because dead don't speak, the WG can't let them "go" without being absolutely sure they didn't hold an ultimate secret.
They're being interogated until they died from natural death (or from lethal injuries if the tortionners go too far).
Since they're weak people, they can't escape because of the dangers lurking from level 5 to 1 above their head. So the level 6 doesn't need to be toughter than level 5. But level 6 needs to be separated from the other levels to prevent any leaking about poneglyphes and such.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Tom (and Robin's mother ?! ) again down there ... probably with a little less body parts.

And there's still the mystery about Oz's origin.
It was hinted he came from Chopper's Island, being a relic from ancient times.
Maybe it will be a way for Oda to go deeper on that story, while Luffy faces others ancient (but this time alive/cyborg) similar creatures.

Old 2009-01-02, 20:55   Link #111
Scion

When did Luffy get that gift from Nami that was on his arm that was mentioned in this chapter?
Old 2009-01-02, 21:51   Link #112
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
When did Luffy get that gift from Nami that was on his arm that was mentioned in this chapter?

It's already been pointed out like 2-3 times already in this thread: Nami gave Luffy that armband at the end of Thriller Bark. It was part of the treasure that Perona originally hoarded, but Nami considered it worthless..... which we now know is a big mistake.
Old 2009-01-02, 22:58   Link #113
Slayerx

Y'know there's one thing i don't like about the Captain john's treasure thing...
namely that it doesn't really have a beginning... i mean, we first heard of it back when Buggy was exploring the cave right before he met Ace, but never before that... but they way Buggy seems to go on about John's treasure, it seems more like it's been a life long ambition or something. It feels as though the treasure is his primary goal and revenge against Luffy was secondary...

i guess i would feel better if for instance, that the map that Buggy found back in the day while still on gold roger's ship was a map to John's treasure... Then you could say that Buggy has a special affection for that particular treasure and that's why he's so driven to find it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scion View Post
because poeple keep asking... just gonna link the page
Spoiler:

Quote:
but Nami considered it worthless..... which we now know is a big mistake.
Oh how i do hope Luffy mentions it when they meet back up ^^
Old 2009-01-02, 23:23   Link #114
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Oh how i do hope Luffy mentions it when they meet back up ^^
oh we all know he will, someone will ask where the armband is, Luffy answers then Luffy dies

Our hapless hero survives his most dangerous peril he's ever been in to only be killed by a dear friend

treasures gotta be be something specail thats for sure, wonder if we will ever find out.
Old 2009-01-03, 00:52   Link #115
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

im gonna bet that luffy meets up with more of his ex-villains.

Mr. 3... wonder how he will help out luffy and buggy...

maybe he will make a key or something.
Old 2009-01-03, 12:58   Link #116
f4nt4

well, its quite obvious what mr.3 is useful of, provide keys for the locked doors, or else he is useless.

im curious about the below level 5 prisoners, though. probably we will see gold roger's crews who are thought to be missing or dead. or maybe gold roger himself still alive in there?
Old 2009-01-03, 14:24   Link #117
kari-no-sugata

Couple of random thoughts...

If we look back at the scenes when Garp was talking to Ace a bunch of chapters ago, there seems to be a staircase right next to the cell. It's shown several times. There's a sort-of feeling that the area itself is small. Maybe a small semi-hidden special holding area as part of level 6...? (Note, just idle speculation. I also note that some of the early scenes about Impel Down almost look like a "preview" of some of the things will get to see in detail)

I think it's very unlikely that Buggy would ever join the Strawhats. He's a pirate captain himself. He wouldn't work well with Luffy long term (who he sees as being like Shanks). He's also likely seen all the major things on the Grand Line already, so he wouldn't likely have a personal interest in going with them. And he wants to go off and get Captain John's treasure. To me, it almost feels like there's this bad speculation habit - that *anybody* that Luffy interacts with has to be considered a possible crew member candidate. A bit of speculation would be fine but it seems a bit excessive to me - to the extent that it comes at the expense of discussing the actual current chapter. From a story telling point of view, I think Oda put Buggy there so that when we get to this arc, it's easier to have regular doses of humour - so that the story doesn't become too dark. Oda seems to have been planning this particular story for a long time.

I think what we're likely to see with this arc is a grand alliance, but a temporary one. In a way, it's a good opportunity for Luffy to show his leadership skills. Leading your nakama is one thing, but leading a group of disparate pirates in a crisis situation is another.

Some speculation and analysis of the use of seastone in the prison: I wouldn't expect seastone to be so common / cheap / easy to use that it would be used *everywhere*. At the higher levels, it doesn't seem to be used at all - that's how Buggy got away after all. ie, not all the prisoners will be wearing seastone cuffs - only those where it is expected to be worthwhile. Effectively, the level 1 prisoners aren't considered strong / dangerous enough to be worth being given seastone cuffs. So, what about seastone cell bars? Well, occasionally the prisoners will be moved (eg to interrogation room) so probably the general idea would be that they'll be cuffed / chained enough (with seastone if necessary) that they can be moved around safely, and be restrained enough so that they can't escape. In which case, seastone bars won't really add much - if someone can break non-seastone bars, they can probably break the stone walls around the bars. If you really want to hold someone extra-securely, you'd have to do a 100% seastone cage / cell. Seastone locks are definitely a possibility in general - in general, you'd also want something that is extremely hard to pick. Though again, if you assume someone strong has gotten lose then just seastone locks isn't going to do much. Maybe they've invested more in seastone weapons and capture tools, though clearly the standard Bulgori don't have seastone weapons (else Buggy would be dead already). I guess they're just "grunts" then, for this place at least. Maybe we'll see a whole different group of guards for Level 2? It may be better to consider seastone usage to be the exception and not the norm.

Anyway... it's going to be interesting to see how Mr 3 fits into the storyline. So far, Luffy hasn't been helping the prisoners - he's been focused on getting to Ace as fast as possible. But, Mr 3 is in a prison cell with other prisoners. His cuffs would be seastone, so they'd need to find and get the key to release him. In his current mood though, why would Luffy stop to help? He probably only would if Mr 3 is likely to be able to help him. At least, that's the most likely scenario.
Old 2009-01-03, 17:50   Link #118
marvelB

I'm still not entirely certain that Mr. 3's wax keys will be a big help to Luffy, but who knows? Maybe they will. Still, out of all the BW inmates, the one who strikes me as being the most helpful would be Bon Clay, since he can use his power to transform himself into the prison's guards, possibly even the wardens. I'm not sure if Daz is capable of slicing through seastone, and while Crocodile is a Logia, I can't really see many practical uses for his DF power. I mean, I know that he's capable of turning stone into sand, but I don't think that will work on metal or seastone or whatever material the prison is made out of. The most I can see him doing is fighting against the stronger prison guards, and that's about it....

And speaking of stronger prison guards, I wonder if there actually are any marines patrolling the lower levels? Considering the situation with Ace, I don't think it would be surprising for there to be a few vice-admiral level marines keeping watch over him at level 6 or wherever it is he's being held (and heck, there's still that chance that the warden himself is a subordinate of Akainu as I speculated in past threads!). Besides, it would also make for a great opportunity to see Jinbei and Hancock in action against some powerful opponents, if they truly do decide to join Luffy in his crusade.....
Old 2009-01-03, 19:57   Link #119
kari-no-sugata

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm still not entirely certain that Mr. 3's wax keys will be a big help to Luffy, but who knows? Maybe they will.
I'm not certain either... but Mr 3 will be contributing something, I'm pretty certain. His wax keys may indeed turn out to be useless in Impel Down, but Luffy might not realise that in advance and so free him. I certainly don't expect him to be able to unlock Ace's chains, that's for sure. But he has a certain amount of fighting power and may make it easier for Luffy to reach Ace. Like Buggy, his main contribution may be knowledge about Impel Down - ie how best to get to Ace.

Side thought: if Luffy frees Mr 3, will that mean other prisoners will be freed as well? Mr 3 is in a group cell after all, and a key that works for one might work for all (too many prisoners to have one unique key per prisoner). Maybe the good old mass prison break will start? Though once Luffy goes to the next level, it may be ruthlessly ended due to lack of fighting power.

Quote:
Still, out of all the BW inmates, the one who strikes me as being the most helpful would be Bon Clay, since he can use his power to transform himself into the prison's guards, possibly even the wardens. I'm not sure if Daz is capable of slicing through seastone, and while Crocodile is a Logia, I can't really see many practical uses for his DF power. I mean, I know that he's capable of turning stone into sand, but I don't think that will work on metal or seastone or whatever material the prison is made out of. The most I can see him doing is fighting against the stronger prison guards, and that's about it....
I'm not sure Bon Clay's DF abilities will be that useful. After all, he won't be able to change the look of his clothes and he needs to have touched the target first before he can copy their looks.

Daz and Crocodile may be able to help getting through stronger doors or walls (those that aren't made of seastone at least) but yeah, I expect their main contribution to be fighting power. However, Luffy might reach Ace before he gets to Crocodile. We might see a scenario where Luffy makes as direct a course towards Ace as he can, but then ends up fighting the warden and gets annoyed enough with the guy that he decides to free everyone.

Quote:
And speaking of stronger prison guards, I wonder if there actually are any marines patrolling the lower levels? Considering the situation with Ace, I don't think it would be surprising for there to be a few vice-admiral level marines keeping watch over him at level 6 or wherever it is he's being held (and heck, there's still that chance that the warden himself is a subordinate of Akainu as I speculated in past threads!). Besides, it would also make for a great opportunity to see Jinbei and Hancock in action against some powerful opponents, if they truly do decide to join Luffy in his crusade.....
I don't think there would be Marine patrols as such (unless you count the prison guards as being part of the Marines - the place doesn't have a Marine flag flying, so maybe be legally under the WG and not the Marines). There's all the den-den mushi "cameras" after all. I expect the normal Marines, with one or two exceptions like Garp, to be outside the prison ready for a potential attack from Whitebeard. I expect there to be the odd prison guard or whatever that Minotaur was, and the odd security room or torture room... but rather than having patrols I expect there to be groups like the Bulgori who are sent to known trouble-spots.

PS The prison guards clearly haven't yet recognised who Luffy is. I'm not surprised - they probably don't keep track of bounties in general, only those actually inside the place. I wonder how they'll react when they find out they have a 300m bounty pirate (ie Level 5 strength prisoner) running around
Old 2009-01-03, 21:55   Link #120
BlackNhite
Best of both worlds

Location: A land far, far away... or very, very close, depends on where you live
Quote:
I'm not certain either... but Mr 3 will be contributing something, I'm pretty certain. His wax keys may indeed turn out to be useless in Impel Down, but Luffy might not realise that in advance and so free him.
Pretty sure Mr.3 can use his wax powers on seastone, he did get them out of that cage in Alabasta and Luffy will most likely remember at least that thus a purpose for freeing him.
Other than that, I have a feeling that Mr.3's other contribution to this arc would be telling Luffy about Bon Clay, he's bound to let it slip some time. Luffy does have a bond of friendship with Mr.2 so finding and freeing him would probably end up as a sort of side mission as they go lower(at least I feel it's safe to say Bon Clay would be held on a level lower then Mr.3's).

Quote:
I'm still not entirely certain that Mr. 3's wax keys will be a big help to Luffy, but who knows? Maybe they will. Still, out of all the BW inmates, the one who strikes me as being the most helpful would be Bon Clay, since he can use his power to transform himself into the prison's guards, possibly even the wardens. I'm not sure if Daz is capable of slicing through seastone, and while Crocodile is a Logia, I can't really see many practical uses for his DF power. I mean, I know that he's capable of turning stone into sand, but I don't think that will work on metal or seastone or whatever material the prison is made out of. The most I can see him doing is fighting against the stronger prison guards, and that's about it....
I still say we've been set up a little too obviously for a stealth arc; we have a human skeleton key(Mr.3), an expert assassin/excavation tool(Das Bones), a strategist(Crocodile), and a master of disguise(Bon Clay).
This could very well turn out to be quite a Metal Gear-ish situation depending on the rise of opposition as our merry band descends deeper into the prison. They may get to a point where confrontation with the enemy may as well be open suicide and they may need some other "tricks" to get around.
But God help me should I see anything even remotely similar to a cardboard box!

Speaking of tricks, I have to let this one out: In the vast world of One Piece, you will believe a clown can fly!
That was the most epic moment period, took me right back to those old commercials for Nights Into Dreams.

"It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us.

"Your playing small does not serve the world, there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you.

"We were all meant to shine as children do.

"It's not just in some of us, it's in everyone.

"And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same.

"As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
Closed Thread