AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2023-07-11, 00:54   Link #2021
fukarming

I am not sure why they only do 24 episodes. If they do the 26 or 28 I think they can address lots of issues.
Then they came for me and force me to be a vegan by that time no one was left to speak up.
fukarming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 03:10   Link #2022
Key Board
Carbon

anime production has become very difficult

episode 23 had 60 animators
episode 24 had 90+

This is not normal. This is the cavalry coming in to save a troubled production.

And it's not just Gwitch.

Several anime had indefinite delays. Nier Automata is still delayed.
Oshi no Ko, probably the 4th or 5th biggest manga hit in Japan right now was only given an 11 episode anime.

Gundam Witch having 2 cours despite the state of the industry is rather miraculous.
I don't expect we'll ever get a 4 cour Gundam show ever again.

It seems only Toei is the only studio who can produce multiple cour anime reliably nowadays.

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-14, 07:12   Link #2023
azarhal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

episode 24 had 90+

This is not normal. This is the cavalry coming in to save a troubled production.

Oshi no Ko, probably the 4th or 5th biggest manga hit in Japan right now was only given an 11 episode anime.

Gundam Witch having 2 cours despite the state of the industry is rather miraculous.

It seems only Toei is the only studio who can produce multiple cour anime reliably nowadays.

//
WfM production was impacted by the pandemic as well (lots of remote work). Some team members only recently meet the director (Kobayashi).
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-07-15, 09:55   Link #2024
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post

episode 24 had 90+

//
Technically Oshi No Ko had more than 11, they just bunched a few together into the movie-length first episode.
Old 2023-07-19, 09:14   Link #2025
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Would Suletta count as the first Artificial Newtype/clone protagonist? I remember Kira being some sort of experiment too now that I see
Old 2023-07-19, 18:56   Link #2026
Twi

I mean... technically second since Kira was the Ultimate Coordinator. Eri was special and Suletta was as close as possible to that given the rest of the children of the coven don't have bodies. Not to mention the Newtype Magic she pulled off in the end and the fact that she was resistant enough to go to Score Eight without dying, while we see Four pretty much kills you.
Old 2023-07-21, 06:32   Link #2027
Key Board
Carbon

The closest thing to a Newtype was Eri and she well.. lost her body when she was 8 years old
I think Suletta is a Puru/Marida archetype

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2023-07-22, 04:54   Link #2028
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2023-09-23, 04:47   Link #2029
vitalius

Hello! Tell me, was Eri's consciousness digitized and transferred to Aerial, or was it Eri's gene code/brain/soul?
vitalius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-09-23, 06:51   Link #2030
Key Board
Carbon

When you upload something. you make a copy of it
Eri right now is a cluster of permet particles containing information about organic Eri

I'm going to assume it's close to a 1:1 copy

//
Old 2023-09-23, 07:16   Link #2031
vitalius

How did her consciousness technically get transferred into Aerial?
Old 2023-09-23, 08:06   Link #2032
Key Board
Carbon

place corpse on the reader
press upload
dispose of corpse. No, make that. Store in containment for later uses

//
Old 2023-09-24, 03:36   Link #2033
vitalius

What is Quiet Zero? How it works?
What kind of AI was in LF-03 in the prologue?
Old 2023-09-26, 07:56   Link #2034
Key Board
Carbon

Although it seemed to be special at first, I think by the end of the show we can probably assume that there was no AI in Lfrith 03

Quiet Zero works by taking control of enemy mobile suits.
Imagine it like a very big and powerful magnet. Smaller magnets can't resist it.

have you watched the show?
I hope this isn't just asking for power level arguments.

//
Old 2023-09-26, 08:32   Link #2035
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Something I never understood about clones in Gundam is how they are created. Are they born as babies or they are born from an older age like the protagonist of Tales of the Abyss which is why their mentality is so simple? That might explain why Suletta is so easily manipulated by her mother.
Old 2023-09-26, 09:13   Link #2036
Twi

We saw Suletta as a baby in the flashback though.
Old 2023-09-26, 09:30   Link #2037
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
We saw Suletta as a baby in the flashback though.
I tend to confuse her with the original