Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-12-25, 16:08   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

One Piece - Chapter 527 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.
Old 2008-12-25, 16:10   Link #2
marvelB

Well, carried over from the 526 thread:

-The "Bullgory" guards are actually known as the "Blue Gorillas", so it would be more accurate to call them "Bluegori". Apparently, Buggy just barely defeats one of them, but Luffy takes down five on his own.

-Luffy explains his purpose for breaking into the prison. At first Buggy refused to help and wanted to escape, but after noticing Luffy's armband (which he obtained from Thriller Bark,) he agrees to help Luffy in exchange for that particular treasure. As it turns out, the armband is actually the key to locating Captain John's treasure (and remember that Buggy's crew was hunting it down...).

-Apparently, Luffy carries Buggy's feet. We get a narration that explains how Buggy's DF power works. There are certain limits to Buggy's Bara Bara powers and his feet are unable to float in the air like the rest of his body (because it's necessary for his feet to touch the ground so he can control the seperated limbs). Buggy explains the workings of Impel Down, and tells Luffy about level 5, which we already know contains pirates with bounties of 100 million or more. It turns out, there are stories of several nasty beasts and monsters (that are also criminals) located in the lower levels, which have been obscured from history.....

-Luffy and Buggy crash through a wall and arrive in a place known as the "Red/Crimson Hell". Ahead of this place is a passage to level 2. However, a Bluegori notices them and attacks, decapitating Buggy with an axe. It seems that level 2 is the "monster level", and contains those nightmarish creatures that were mentioned earlier. Mr. 3 appears at the end of the chapter (who doesn't look too good), who's awaiting his impending doom at the hands of those hellish beasts....

-As far as the ministory goes, Spandine (Spandam's dad) and Spandam himself are actually planning to assassinate CP9. Oh, lordy.....

And of course, merry Christmas!

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-12-25 at 16:26.
Old 2008-12-25, 16:26   Link #3
syler321

wow sounds like another very good one piece chapter...

so cp9 are also in impledown?
seems like the ppl luffi beat r there,cp9,crocodoile maybe even koru and enel?

thanks again for the spoiler...
Old 2008-12-25, 16:28   Link #4
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by syler321 View Post
so cp9 are also in impledown?

No, they're not. They're still at their home island, wherever that is. However, it turns out the Spanda family is planning something nasty for the traitorous agents....
Old 2008-12-25, 18:26   Link #5
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Merry Christmas everyone!

Very interesting information in this chapter indeed. Since Mr.3 is on Level 2 of Impel Down, it may be logical to assume that Mr.2, Mr.1, and Crocodile are on Levels 3, 4, and 5, respectively. Pretty cool seeing Mr.3 with a goatee, although he really doesn't look too well at the moment. It's amazing to see how severely physically and mentally deteriorated the inmates are at Impel Down.
Old 2008-12-25, 18:56   Link #6
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Strange coincidence.
It shouldn't really have been so hard to find a better excuse for the two to work together.

Funny you should mention that.... judging from the spoiler pictures, there's a scene where Buggy actually seems to be rather conflicted about taking advantage of Luffy. Here's a translation, courtesy of aohige:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige
pic 3
Buggy's thoughts: Don't look at me with those pure eyes....! I'm a cunning, scheming bastard....!!!
(Buggy is apparantly feeling guilty for decieving Luffy)

By the way, it should also be noted that Buggy agreed to take Luffy as far as level 4. However, he'll probably follow Luffy all the way to level 5 in the end....

Quote:
Is this info new?
Well, it's not really surprising, though I would probably just abandon my feet somewhere.
If Buggy tells Luffy details about the function of his DF, we probably won't see them fight ever again... or it will be a very short fight, with Luffy knowing about the weak points.

Well, as mentioned in the summary, Buggy's Bara Bara powers were explained through a narration, so Buggy probably didn't actually tell Luffy all this info. 'Course, this may not matter in the end, anyhow. Depending on how things turn out, Luffy and Buggy may square things out with each other in the end, and.... well, I'm not saying that they would become friends or anything, but they'll probably be cool enough with each other that they wouldn't necessarily be enemies anymore either.....

Oh, and I'm also on the same boat with thinking that we'll see the Baroque Works guys in order of the descending levels, myself. I'm also hoping that we'll see Arlong there, as well (hey, if Jinbei's being held there).....
Old 2008-12-25, 18:59   Link #7
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post

-The "Bullgory" guards are actually known as the "Blue Gorillas", so it would be more accurate to call them "Bluegori". Apparently, Buggy just barely defeats one of them, but Luffy takes down five on his own.
No big surprise there

Quote:

-As far as the ministory goes, Spandine (Spandam's dad) and Spandam himself are actually planning to assassinate CP9. Oh, lordy.....
GOOD! Maybe now they can kill that JERK once and for all!

Excellent, it seems Luffy is doing quite well with all of the circumstances. It seems that Buggy will be no match for him if he turns against him, and this is proof!

So this goes to question, would Zoro win against Buggy in a match if they were to have yet another battle? I say.... in a heart beat. Now that Zoro knows that his swords are no good against Buggy, he could just muscle him into a greasy smear on the ground!
Old 2008-12-25, 19:38   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinji View Post
GOOD! Maybe now they can kill that JERK once and for all!

Er.... who are you referring to? If it's Spandam, then you'd be wrong. As I said, both Spandam and his father intend to have the current CP9 killed off, since they've been branded traitors. I doubt that Spandine would want to off his own son.... especially seeing as Spandam is pretty much a chip off the ol' block (Spandine was pretty goofy and cowardly himself, remember).

And despite Buggy's trouble with one of the Bluegori guards, I still don't think it means he's that weak, especially since we've seen him and Luffy KO some of those guys at the end of 526. I'm expecting him to be a great help to Luffy in the coming battles.....

Oh, and seeing as level 2 contains several beasts and monsters, I think it's a good bet that the minotaur is located there, as well.

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-12-25 at 20:04.
Old 2008-12-25, 19:56   Link #9
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

If I recall right about the thing with Buggy's feet its not new news but more just a little light shed on it.
Back when he fought Luffy for the first time he made a B line for Nami but Luffy stopped him cause his feet were left behind, Luffy tickled them to stop him

I really hope we get to see Bon-clay reappear, I have no idea why but I just really enjoy his character
Old 2008-12-26, 10:43   Link #10
PerkoEyo

Quote:The "Bullgory" guards are actually known as the "Blue Gorillas", so it would be more accurate to call them "Bluegori". Apparently, Buggy just barely defeats one of them, but Luffy takes down five on his own.

It shouldn't be so surprising that only Luffy was able to take down five Gorillas and not Buggy. Face it .. he's to weak
The only think he did was to drink and look for some stupid treasure. Meanwhile Luffy battled with strong enemies.
So, yeah there's a big difference between Luffy and Buggy
Old 2008-12-26, 11:30   Link #12
Rinji
Mew...
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Rinji
Quote:
Er.... who are you referring to? If it's Spandam, then you'd be wrong. As I said, both Spandam and his father intend to have the current CP9 killed off, since they've been branded traitors. I doubt that Spandine would want to off his own son.... especially seeing as Spandam is pretty much a chip off the ol' block (Spandine was pretty goofy and cowardly himself, remember).

And despite Buggy's trouble with one of the Bluegori guards, I still don't think it means he's that weak, especially since we've seen him and Luffy KO some of those guys at the end of 526. I'm expecting him to be a great help to Luffy in the coming battles.....

Oh, and seeing as level 2 contains several beasts and monsters, I think it's a good bet that the minotaur is located there, as well.
No, I mean I fully expect for Lucci to personally show up in Spandam's room and... SHIGAN!!!!
Old 2008-12-26, 13:04   Link #13
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

yo one question:

It says that the bracelet is apart of "John's Treasure"... who the hell is john?
Old 2008-12-26, 13:07   Link #14
OtseisRagnarok
Manifesto
*Author

Send a message via AIM to OtseisRagnarok
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bari_Phillis View Post
yo one question:

It says that the bracelet is apart of "John's Treasure"... who the hell is john?
You know, Captain John... Buggy is looking for his lost treasures.
Old 2008-12-26, 13:18   Link #15
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

And Captain John's zombie was even shown at Thriller Bark, drank some wine and leaked through the punctured body lol
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2008-12-26, 14:13   Link #16
Crusader

Send a message via MSN to Crusader
Awesome chapter as usual. I can't wait for them to reveal who all else is present. Buggy just looks awesome too. I wonder how his role will turn out in all of this.
Old 2008-12-26, 14:59   Link #17
Slayerx

Quote:
just because the last page of 526 has Buggy punching one of them, doesn't mean it was KO'd by said punch
hell the one he KO'd this chapter could have been the same one he punched last chapter
Old 2008-12-26, 15:17   Link #18
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
just because the last page of 526 has Buggy punching one of them, doesn't mean it was KO'd by said punch
hell the one he KO'd this chapter could have been the same one he punched last chapter

*Sigh* Yeah... that's probably true. However, despite that, I'm not going to immediately assume that Buggy's a weakling even if he did have trouble against one of those prison freaks. I don't really expect Buggy to be a powerhouse like Luffy, but I just can't see the guy being an outright feeble pirate, either. I mean, we're talking about a guy who's been to the Grand Line more than once, and originally as a part of Gold Roger's crew at that. I definitely think there's more to him than meets the eye.....

And besides, even Foxy, a pirate who's practically a nobody compared to many other pirates of the Grand Line, gave Luffy a pretty damned rough fight. You really can't underestimate someone just because they're goofy or have a low bounty.....
Old 2008-12-26, 17:18   Link #19
PerkoEyo

Question

Quote:
*Sigh* Yeah... that's probably true. However, despite that, I'm not going to immediately assume that Buggy's a weakling even if he did have trouble against one of those prison freaks. I don't really expect Buggy to be a powerhouse like Luffy, but I just can't see the guy being an outright feeble pirate, either. I mean, we're talking about a guy who's been to the Grand Line more than once, and originally as a part of Gold Roger's crew at that. I definitely think there's more to him than meets the eye.....
I think you're probably right.. Buggy shouldn't be underestimated after all.. He WAS one of Gold Roger men, and who knows if his devils fruits power holds a secret just like Luffy gear techniques.. ??
Old 2008-12-26, 17:20   Link #20
PerkoEyo

Quote:
I think you're probably right.. Buggy shouldn't be underestimated after all.. He WAS one of Gold Roger men, and who knows if his devils fruits power holds a secret just like Luffy's gear techniques.. ??
Closed Thread