AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 14:54   Link #261
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero12591 View Post
When I said "in full detail", I was hoping that the responses wouldn't have the word "etc."

That can't be right. They CAN NOT make a "Code Geass" project without Lelouch!
Lelouch is the glue that holds the series together. It's like he's the sun, and all the other characters are planets revolving around him. Doing a "Code Geass" project without Lelouch is like doing a "Naruto" project without Naruto.
No Gundam without Char. I'll let'em know as soon as I can.

PS: "in full detail" is impossible when we have info as much as nothing, mmmkay?
Old 2009-12-07, 15:00   Link #262
Wargumm1i
Hentai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meatrose View Post
That's highly unlikely in my opinion. What made Zero awesome? Was it the costume or was it the man behind the mask? The man behind the mask is dead and Suzaku is now wearing the costume. I don't know about the rest of you but I think that to expand Lelouch of the Rebellion without Lelouch would be one of the most moronic decisions ever. Besides, the protagonist of Lelouch of the Rebellion went all in with his final plan in which he killed a lot of people and sacrificed himself in order to obtain peace. To produce a sequel in which there without a doubt would be some major conflict that would include KMF warfare, slaughter and oppression would be like pissing all over the character that the entire series revolved around. I don't think that will happen.
Buts thats where your wrong, KMF warfare, slaughter and oppression would be the truth, sure Lelouch brought peach, but there might be alot of people who dont like this new peach and this peach did leave some people with pain, like the other royal families that Lelouch destroyed who knew nothing and the innocent children and wives and daughters that were just caught in the between would have a reason too punish the main royal family, thus Nunnally.

Even though Lelouch "killed himself off(hopefully not)" the chain of hatred could easily be directed at someone else like Nunnally or "the new Zero" who took his kill, it just shows how easily peach can be broken and like C.C says Geass will always live on. I mean Lelouch is an exemple on how one man with hatred managed too send the world into chaos, so for another one too appear is very possible.

Quote:
To explore the history of the Code Geass world is something entirely different though. There's much that can be told there. C.C. is one of my least favorite characters in the franchise but she's been through a lot and since she's pretty much like a plot device (an entity that grants the protagonist a supernatural power) her background can really be explored, using different protagonists. I really wished they let the franchise rest in peace though. I can't imagine any viable Code Geass project that would have any chance of topping Lelouch of the Rebellion to be honest. I'm not saying it's impossible though, only that I really don't think they'll ever pull that off.
Everything is possible, and true like you said C.C was a plot device who in the end lived on making it possible for another Code Geass or just because she gained highest anime history heroine ranking lol. But even though alot of people were excited about the new announcement over the manga which is a prequal too the main anime.

Im just one of those many others who are disappointed and wanted too see and sequal for Code geass R2, but still I might change my mind if the manga would be scanned every time a new chapter came out, not just one chapter scanned and wait another half a year after for the next release.

Quote:
We also have the violent history of the Holy Britannian Empire to take into consideration. I guess we might see something related to that in the new project since it's set in the Edo period and the Edo period starts with the same year as "Britannian history" diverges from our timeline, with Elisabeth I's death 1603.
Another plot device for Code Geass, there are too many unforgivable events and tragedys that the Britannian family caused, wether they were present or past, all I can say that the future Britannia could make a mistake thus creating another chain of hatred.

You might say the responsibility of the Britannia family might not be also the world, but watch there steps because they are so easy too cause tragedys.

All im trying too say is that Sunrise has over 100 possibilitys for a sequal plot, all it takes is imagination.
Spoiler for Now for the imagination song(from South Park:

Last edited by Wargumm1i; 2009-12-07 at 15:14.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:07   Link #263
Zero12591

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
PS: "in full detail" is impossible when we have info as much as nothing, mmmkay?
No, what I meant was everything we know about the project so far. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Apparently, there's a charcter "with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime". THANK THE LORD!!! I know, it's not Lelouch, but as long as it looks like him and has the same personality, I'm fine with that.
Zero12591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:15   Link #264
Kuroshinobu

Well the Lelouch look-a-like is on the other side of Renya (Suzaku look-a-like), opposite of C.C. He could either be the antagonist, or a friend of Renya.
Kuroshinobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:22   Link #265
Pathis87

Lol , people sure jump the gun =p , until there is verified info i don't care about rumors since they are just that. I do hope for an R2 remake or alternate version of R2.

watching: Durarara - Fairy Tail -
DO NOT copy my signatures or Avatars without my permission ! http://forums.animesuki.com/album.php?u=79426
Pathis87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:23   Link #266
Jarmel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailaora View Post
My friends and I are betting on Renya being Suzaku's and Kaguya's relative.

Naruto without Naruto? Do want! XD
You obviously are not up to date. It's now called Naruto:The Nightmare of Sasuke
Jarmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:30   Link #267
Bailaora
Very Black Knight

Send a message via ICQ to Bailaora
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarmel View Post
You obviously are not up to date. It's now called Naruto:The Nightmare of Sasuke
Nah, it's called "Naruto: The Nightmare of Madara".
Bailaora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:31   Link #268
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshinobu View Post
Well the Lelouch look-a-like is on the other side of Renya (Suzaku look-a-like), opposite of C.C. He could either be the antagonist, or a friend of Renya.
Seriously though, the man reminds me more of Rolo Vi Britannia with long hair, the haughty and arrogant mannerisms, the sadistic smile, the cape with the Black Knights/Eden Vital symbol... which is a plus since I liked his character personally
Old 2009-12-07, 15:43   Link #269
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bailaora View Post
Nah, it's called "Naruto: The Nightmare of Madara".
Wait, you mean they haven't changed the title to Sasuke yet?
Old 2009-12-07, 15:47   Link #270
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
Seriously though, the man reminds me more of Rolo Vi Britannia with long hair, the haughty and arrogant mannerisms, the sadistic smile, the cape with the Black Knights/Eden Vital symbol... which is a plus since I liked his character personally
And here once again multiverse theory. It'll be nice to watch about the key point of the story, which gave birth to those universes known as SotCA, NoN and RR itself
Old 2009-12-07, 15:48   Link #271
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lummie View Post
Newtype January issue announced a new manga series to be serialized on Shonen Ace magazine

props to dtshyk
So happy

Lelouch looks good. C.C. too Suzaku's cybernetic arm looks weird though

Let's hope Monir's right and that this manga gets an anime adaptation for the spring season.

Despite what's said about the edo era, *I* hope it happens in the future after R2, OR in an entirely new alternate universe. But I think it would not make sense if it happens as a prequel of R1 in the past.

Good news anyway

@Rising: Come on msn please~~
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:53   Link #272
aquamarineAngel
being 1 with 0

Send a message via MSN to aquamarineAngel
I'm gonna miss them as noodles. :<
And Renya's such a pretty name. Kinda sounds girly though.

sig by ♠ yours truly ♠
Livejournal | Twitter | Myanimelist
aquamarineAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 15:56   Link #273
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamarineAngel View Post
I'm gonna miss them as noodles. :<
And Renya's such a pretty name. Kinda sounds girly though.
Par for the course, really. We are talking about a series that had CLAMP character designs.
Old 2009-12-07, 15:59   Link #274
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
ANN has an article up now but it pretty much says everything that has already been said in this thread. Link.
I missed this post.

Quote:
The January issue of Kadokawa Shoten's Newtype magazine is announcing on Thursday that Tomomasa Takuma (Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally, Kurogane Communication) is drawing a manga that is tentatively titled Code Geass: Shikkoku no Renya (Code Geass: Jet-Black Renya or Code Geass: Renya of the Blackness) next year. Goro Taniguchi, the director and story co-creator of the original Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion television anime series, created the new manga's story concepts and is scripting the story. This is the first manga that Taniguchi is directly scripting himself.

The story takes place in the same official Code Geass history as the anime, but in a different era. The title character, Renya, is a 17-year-old boy with a mechanical left arm and shuriken throwing stars as his weapons of choice. The story begins when Renya encounters a mysterious, perpetually young witch named "Reifū C.C." C.C. has appeared in Japan's historical Edo era to seek a new partner for a covenant. Meanwhile, a mysterious man, with a striking resemblance to the character Lelouch of the original anime, also appears with unknown intentions.

The new manga is part of next year's new Code Geass project launch. Code Geass producer Yoshitaka Kawaguchi revealed on the franchise's website that the new project will feature the simultaneous releases of serialized comics, music, new products under development, and visual works.

Update: Bandai Entertainment's Bandai Books imprint published three of the previous manga titles: Majiko's Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, Takuma's Code Geass: Nightmare of Nunnally, and Atsuro Yomino's Code Geass: Suzaku of the Counterattack.
So same timeline. It's weird that it seems to happen in the past though. C.C. would not have any memories of those people? Would be weird that she never talked about it in R1/R2....
Old 2009-12-07, 16:11   Link #275
Kuroshinobu

I wonder how C.C. will be portrayed, this is during the 1600s to 1700s, meaning that she must be less exhausted with being immortal. Maybe she'll be a little more open personality wise.

Maybe not.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:13   Link #276
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
I wonder how C.C. will be portrayed, this is during the 1600s to 1700s, meaning that she must be less exhausted with being immortal. Maybe she'll be a little more open personality wise.

Maybe not.
That still doesn't make sense to me (I know I am annoying about it). Lelouch should have seen scenes of that era in C.C.'s memories museum in R2.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:15   Link #277
Kuroshinobu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
That still doesn't make sense to me (I know I am annoying about it). Lelouch should have seen scenes of that era in C.C.'s memories museum in R2.
Well we won't know how much of an impact either characters have on her until it's released. But what I have learnt from my Japanese history course is the Edo period had a huge impact on Japan. Just before it, it was a very bloody time, with betrayals and power struggles between samurai.
Old 2009-12-07, 16:30   Link #278
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Well we won't know how much of an impact either characters have on her until it's released. But what I have learnt from my Japanese history course is the Edo period had a huge impact on Japan. Just before it, it was a very bloody time, with betrayals and power struggles between samurai.
Well, and why would she not remember it?

Plus, I dislike the idea that it happens in the past because we already know what will happen to C.C. more or less. At least, she will survive for sure, and end alone again. Less surprise...
Old 2009-12-07, 16:39   Link #279
missmedude

I am not sure if this has already been brought up.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...launch-in-2010
missmedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-07, 16:41   Link #280
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by missmedude View Post
I am not sure if this has already been brought up.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...launch-in-2010
Yes, and i reposted it above already.

Tags
drama, mecha