AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-12-29, 09:46   Link #61
zztop

Did any sinister council of time-traveling space vampires show up? *^▽^*

And how's the OP? Better or worse than the TM Revolution x Nana Mizuki teamup?
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 11:38   Link #62
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Looks like I have something promising to look forward to when I get off work
Old 2013-12-29, 11:47   Link #63
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by KleenexGhost View Post
Looks like I have something promising to look forward to when I get off work
If you know japanese, then it's fine. But don't get your hopes up for the subs. Because this is a pre-airing. Most groups wouldn't bother subbing it. Unless they want to do the pre-airing version and the new version of episode 1 in the winter season.

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2014-01-05 at 11:15.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 11:50   Link #64
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
If you know japanese, then it's fine. But don't get your hopes up for the subs. Because this is a pre-airing. Most groups wouldn't bother subbing it. Unless they want to do the pre-airing version and the new version of episode 1 in the winter season.

The art was a bit crappy in this episode. But just saw a pic, and looks like the quality will improve in the first episode.
That's right, I forgot about that. I guess I'll just watch the raw to get a general impression of sorts.
Old 2013-12-29, 12:18   Link #65
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Did they say how many episodes this is getting?

God, I hope there are more female mecha pilots. Hina can't be the ONLY one in the entire series who then
Spoiler:
Old 2013-12-29, 12:26   Link #66
Sakuratsuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkchibi07 View Post
God, I hope there are more female mecha pilots.
yes there are:

Spoiler for image:

I think Hina is an interesting mc.

Edit: forget to add to it: 'i don't know if they are also pilots or not'. But I think you are right: they are maybe only bridge bunnies

Looking at the previews, looks like 'male only' pilots (if we put Hina aside).

Last edited by Sakuratsuki; 2013-12-29 at 12:58.
Sakuratsuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 12:31   Link #67
darkchibi07

Are you sure? The previous promo videos and website show that those girls are just bridge bunnies.
Old 2013-12-29, 12:40   Link #68
Revan21

Ep.1 (pre-air)

Sunrise's latest mecha series, and as generic as a Sunrise mecha series can be

Spoiler for Ep 1:

Oh well, nothing really stands out, but at least the mechas and the characters are well drawn. Now if they can only draw up a decent story and engaging battles (I have no doubt that there will be plenty of fanservice) this show might just be watchable
Old 2013-12-29, 14:28   Link #69
kuromitsu

"NICE COUPLING"

Yes, this is all I needed to know about this series. XDDD

Generic or not (and yes, it is painfully generic), I'm in. XD

....my god, it's been a good five minutes and I'm still laughing..... XDDD
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 14:45   Link #70
konart

Well, the beginning is the better than expected, even with all of the stamps. I hope Sunrise will do a better job here after Valvrave fail

Also I can't skip an anime with character names like Vasily Tarjim and Elvira Hill
Old 2013-12-29, 15:26   Link #71
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Main couple are good(can't say anything about Dio yet) so I'll watch it. At least for now.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 15:43   Link #72
darkchibi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakura_Tsuki View Post
yes there are:

Spoiler for image:

I think Hina is an interesting mc.

Edit: forget to add to it: 'i don't know if they are also pilots or not'. But I think you are right: they are maybe only bridge bunnies

Looking at the previews, looks like 'male only' pilots (if we put Hina aside).

This is becoming a real annoyance if you consider all the mecha series Sunrise has done at this point including Gundam. When's the last time there's a title where it has female mecha pilots and are in the forefront the overall plot and not half-assed it? Idolmaster Xenoglossia? Sora wo Kakeru Shoujo? Arguably Code Geass? Not many, huh compared to the endless number of male mecha pilots in a lot of Sunrise's shows. The biggest kicker is Studio 8, the studio was created solely so they could make series where the female characters are in more in the forefront as protagonists and/or action girls (see the Mai series, Accel World, Horizon, Love Live for example), is working on a series where the females are FREAKIN' relegated as BRIDGE BUNNIES or commanding officers while the guys are doing all the action. That paradigm just reeks cliched.
Old 2013-12-29, 15:59   Link #73
kuromitsu

^look, the show is titled "BUDDY COMPLEX," the main character shows awesome sync with the other main guy right in the first episode, and the mecha's system helpfully spells out "NICE COUPLING" (oh lol XDDDD) just in case there's someone not getting it. XD

I'm not entirely sure that this is a show where one should expect female pilots in the focus...

(I'm really looking forward to see how seriously this series will take itself, because it has all the makings of a hilariously tongue-in-cheek show. I hope Sunrise will have the guts to go there.)
Old 2013-12-29, 16:43   Link #74
username31

my impression
Spoiler:

its interesting so far and i like the first episode much better than VVV ep 1

Last edited by username31; 2014-01-01 at 14:38.
username31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 17:39   Link #75
darkchibi07

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
^look, the show is titled "BUDDY COMPLEX," the main character shows awesome sync with the other main guy right in the first episode, and the mecha's system helpfully spells out "NICE COUPLING" (oh lol XDDDD) just in case there's someone not getting it. XD

I'm not entirely sure that this is a show where one should expect female pilots in the focus...

(I'm really looking forward to see how seriously this series will take itself, because it has all the makings of a hilariously tongue-in-cheek show. I hope Sunrise will have the guts to go there.)
The fact the mobile game was able to have female pilots shows there really is no excuse for the lack variety.

Makes me wonder if that rumor that's going around is going to be true.
Old 2013-12-29, 17:55   Link #76
Kunagisa

Quote:
The biggest kicker is Studio 8, the studio was created solely so they could make series where the female characters are in more in the forefront as protagonists and/or action girls (see the Mai series, Accel World, Horizon, Love Live for example), is working on a series where the females are FREAKIN' relegated as BRIDGE BUNNIES or commanding officers while the guys are doing all the action. That paradigm just reeks cliched.
Hirayama (producer) said in the interview that Studio 8 seemed to project "the bishoujo" image, but they actually wanted to challenge different types of anime. Robot anime seemed to be the right fit because the genre's different [from immediate previous projects like Love Live/Horizon] and they have the right staff for it.

The pairing concept comes from that living in this world is better/easier with partner or communities, especially after the earthquake. They also didn't want to use boy/girl because people would auto-associate that with romance, which there will be, but staff don't want that direction to be the sole focus as this is a more "traditional mecha with friendship, endeavor, and victory". He didn't mention why there are no girls pairing, but just that guy pairing fit their goals better.

Unrelated to your post but he also mentioned close combat will be hand drawn, but long flights and high speed movement will be CG. Hand-drawn mecha's always a gianormous bonus for me.

First episode's pretty ok (Hayamin!!), and Bizon's just hilarious as hell. As shown in the ED, he and Hina probably had a past together, but got NTR'ed so hard that (ry. I just hope that Hina still showns up later on, I am still butthurt about Kanade in Symphogear. Only problem is that this is probably one cour?
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 17:58   Link #77
Wandering Soul

Wait a minute didnt one trailer show the main character piloting with some blond girl? So is she not one of the main pilots?
Old 2013-12-29, 18:09   Link #78
kuromitsu

Quote:
The fact the mobile game was able to have female pilots shows there really is no excuse for the lack variety.
KIZUNA DE TATAKAE
oh god XDDDD

Anyway, really, there are a million shows out there with girls as the main characters, most of them catering to male viewers, so to be honest I'm not particularly bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Wait a minute didnt one trailer show the main character piloting with some blond girl? So is she not one of the main pilots?
Given the lack of blonde girl pilots in the cast you're probably thinking of Dio who is a guy. (NICE COUPLING.)

*braces self for yet another round of "omg there's icky gay in my manly entertainment"*
Old 2013-12-29, 18:19   Link #79
Konja7

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
I think you mean this trailer, right?:
YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I must say that this trailer is not the anime, but the game (which seem to have quite different histories)
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-29, 18:50   Link #80
blackwhite67
Banned

Time travel? That's new for Sunrise.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, giant robots, sci-fi, sunrise, time travel