AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-01-17, 00:14   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 930 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Yo, guys! Time for a new year of OP! We currently have a rather brief spoiler, courtesy of AP's Redon:

-Chapter title is "Ebisu Town". Splash page features Urouge and Cracker.

-Zoro and his new traveling companion Tonoyasu arrive at the latter's hometown of Ebisu. The villagers here, despite being poor, are quite happy and content. It also turns out they were visited by a mysterious thief who gives them money that he robbed from the wealthy. The mystery thief always appears at Ushimitsu (the Japanese equivalent of the witching hour The villagers soon offer Zoro clean water that won't make him sick, and Yasu explains that it's because of the people's bright smiles, which resemble that of the god Ebisu, that the town is named as such.

-Meanwhile, at Onigashima, Kaidou receives some huge news: the Big Mom Pirates are about to arrive at Wano! They're attempting to enter the country the same way Luffy's group did: up the waterfall with the assistance of giant carp (and apparently horses?). Kaidou is most displeased by this news, and makes preparations to attack the rival empress....

-Aside from Linlin herself, several of her offspring are present, such as Perospero, Smoothie, Oven, Daifuku, Mont d'Or, and even Flampe (curiously, it seems Pudding and Katakuri are absent). Just when they're about to reach the top of the waterfall, their ship is suddenly ambushed by King of Kaidou's Disasters! He is revealed to be yet another Ancient Zoan.... specifically, Ryuu Ryuu no Mi: Model Pteranodon! Interestingly, he's still surrounded by flames in this form. The transformed King then assaults BM's ship and the carps, causing them to drop down the waterfall and into the ocean's depths! As we see Linlin sinking into the sea, Kaidou praises his subordinate's efforts in destroying their enemies.....!!!!

-At the Flower Capital, Sanji's group are attempting to escape. However, as Sanji spots Page One destroying soba carts, he naturally can't let that stand, and decides to take down the headliner! Law warns him not to spill the beans about the samurai/mink alliance, even if he gets caught. Sanji then lands a kick on Page One, but it seems to have little effect on the headliner. Interestingly, it's at this point that our cook friend, for the sake of hiding his identity, prepares to use his raid suit for this battle.....

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-01-19 at 09:26.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 02:47   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I expect Katakuri will return. For Sanji's raid suit, i expect the black base suit. Probably added with some white finish for number 3.

How could Big Mom got defeated so easily like that? e.e

Last edited by Ramero; 2019-01-17 at 11:19.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-17, 09:33   Link #3
marvelB

Okay, updated the summary! So Zoro arrives at one of Wano's better "leftover" towns, BM arrives only to get ambushed by one Kaidou's flunkies (with neither Pudding or Katakuri present, seemingly), and Sanji is finally ready to use his raid suit..... but apparently not for power-up purposes. It seems implied that he's using it more to hide his identity from Kaidou's forces. Either way, should be interesting to check out how his suit works.

Also, it wasn't mentioned earlier, but I'll bring it up now: NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK!
Old 2019-01-17, 13:16   Link #4
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Yep, Sanji will be using the suit to hide his identity, not because he's too weak. He used just a regular unnamed kick, and the other spoiler says it actually does damage.
Old 2019-01-17, 15:26   Link #5
teejmo

Not too surprising that Pudding and Katakuri aren't part of Big Mom's retinue - their actions directly correlated to the Straw Hats' escape after all, and thus their loyalty would be in question.
teejmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 00:22   Link #6
Rainbowman

I forget, how many Devil Fruits were there supposed to be that enable the user to fly?
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 02:23   Link #7
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

yay Kamen Rider Sanji

and Big Mom vs Kaidou is denied for now
oh Luffy... looks like you're starting another great war between 2 yonko and several Supernova members
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 06:11   Link #8
Ramero

One thing that i notice. How easy to defeat Big Mom like that. Just a smack and then she's out to the sea.

Hopefully Black Kamen Rider, yes. And i do hope Sanji can get new techniques from his raid suit since it can enhance his power.
Old 2019-01-18, 08:58   Link #9
Theia_Loki

I doubt Big Mom and her children will be out for good, especially after the demonstration of how formidable they were in the Tottoland arc. Odds have to be high that she and her children will be safe-ish a few chapters later. This isn't Game of Thrones. At least Kaidou acknowledges that Linlin is no pushover, but he doesn't seem completely convinced that Linlin is down for the count.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-18, 09:29   Link #10
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

another break??

so this is how oda plans for kaido to fall... by fighting big mom and then luffy finishes him off...
too bad... was hoping for a big 1v1 fight haha
Old 2019-01-19, 04:43   Link #11
The Small One

I wonder if this quick defeat of BM and her crew is supposed to hype Kaido and his men even further. However it looks like Wano has quite some natural defenses which probably allowed the country to stay isolated for so long.
The Small One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-19, 05:52   Link #12
King Lycan
User Title eaten by ravenous bunnies
*IT Support

Of course it's going to be on hiatus next week, I wanna see super Sanji !
Old 2019-01-19, 06:18   Link #13
Ramero

Smoothies is in, but then if Katakuri and Cracker was revoked from Sweet Commanders then... Only Smoothie left as the only Sweet Commander remaining. I doubt Katakuri will be revoked so easily though since he is the most powerful fighters at Big Mom's childrens.
Old 2019-01-19, 09:37   Link #14
marvelB

So, it turns out he's using the suit as a disguise, after all. Though, it is curious to see Sanji so willing to wear it now when he was so vehemently against it shortly after escaping from Big Mom. You know, what with the whole stigma of it associating him with his estranged family, and all..... I guess he got over that real quick or something, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
so this is how oda plans for kaido to fall... by fighting big mom and then luffy finishes him off...
too bad... was hoping for a big 1v1 fight haha
I've long advocated that the most effective way to take out both BM and Kaidou is to have them go to war with each other. Two birds with one stone, if you will. Of course, there's no way in heck I can see Linlin going down by knocking her down a waterfall (IMO, it's not much different from when Jinbei blasted her off the Sunny). She'll be back and wreaking havoc upon Wano in due time, mark my words. And then we'll see what heavy prices two emperors must pay when they go on an all-out war against each other.....
Old 2019-01-19, 15:38   Link #15
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramero View Post
Smoothies is in, but then if Katakuri and Cracker was revoked from Sweet Commanders then... Only Smoothie left as the only Sweet Commander remaining. I doubt Katakuri will be revoked so easily though since he is the most powerful fighters at Big Mom's childrens.
I doubt Katakuri and Cracker lost their positions as Sweet Commanders, considering Big Mom herself knew that they were up against Luffy. It might have even been the first time (in Katakuri's case, at least) that either of them lost in a long while. Sure, Cracker has that scar on his face but that doesn't mean it was a straight up loss, just that someone managed to hurt him before Luffy and Nami came along.

And they didn't even replace Snack's position among them when they were the Four Sweet Commanders, either. At least not yet, in any case.

Quote:
So, it turns out he's using the suit as a disguise, after all. Though, it is curious to see Sanji so willing to wear it now when he was so vehemently against it shortly after escaping from Big Mom. You know, what with the whole stigma of it associating him with his estranged family, and all..... I guess he got over that real quick or something, lol.
Looks like it. He seemed to have reluctantly agreed to keep the raid suit at Luffy and Chopper's urging, and this looks like the perfect opportunity to use it. I hope that suit comes with a mask.
Old 2019-01-19, 19:02   Link #16
marvelB

Speaking of the Sweet Commanders, I wonder if Smoothie will get a proper fight this arc? She had little screentime at Totland despite being one of BM's strongest children. I mean, even the non-commander offspring like Peros, Oven, Daifuku, and arguably even Pudding (who's not really a fighter, even) saw more action than her in the last arc! Oda actually went to the trouble of explaining how her DF power works in a recent SBS, so I'm hoping that means something will give for the long-legged Charlotte daughter. I'd be pretty interested in seeing how an awakened version of her ability works, personally....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theia_Loki View Post
Looks like it. He seemed to have reluctantly agreed to keep the raid suit at Luffy and Chopper's urging, and this looks like the perfect opportunity to use it. I hope that suit comes with a mask.
Well, I know it's standard shounen procedure for characters to vanquish their inner demons at the drop of a hat mid-battle, but.... eh, I guess I would have at least expected Sanji to show a little resistance to pulling out that suit (in contrast to the confident, even somewhat smug look he has at the end of the chapter). I dunno, maybe he'll just tune his brothers and Judge out of his mind while focusing on Reiju and her encouragement, I guess.....

Oh, BTW, does anyone else think the mystery thief from Ebisu might be based on Ishikawa Goemon?
Old 2019-01-19, 19:42   Link #17
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It is indeed pretty weird that Sanji looks so happy about the prospect of using the suit when he was firmly against it before. Maybe he got over it after trying it out off screen, which would also explain why he believes it will help hide his identity.
Old 2019-01-19, 19:53   Link #18
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Not that I really want to see Katakuri or Cracker again so soon, but Cracker has the perfect ability for invading a foreign country. Seems pretty foolish not to bring him if he's recovered from his beat down .
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-21, 02:21   Link #19
Kaz_

Aw sh***t he used the power-up almost instantly. This pretty much guarantees that he is gonna trash that Spinosaurus a bit, only to get utterly destroyed in one hit the other week.
Well least he can regroup with Luffy in prison, enjoy your small-time shine and of course the following beating Sanji!
Kaz_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-01-24, 11:37   Link #20
Theia_Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
Not that I really want to see Katakuri or Cracker again so soon, but Cracker has the perfect ability for invading a foreign country. Seems pretty foolish not to bring him if he's recovered from his beat down .
Considering the ship has fallen down a waterfall, it wouldn't be too great for him if he did. Then again, it's a huge advantage once they get onto dry land since it'd give them a numbers advantage. But I'd be worried if they did and ended up finding the Sunny where Luffy and Tama hid it.