AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-07-27, 00:29   Link #421
Spitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by haiz123321 View Post
I had a deja vu or something when i saw the 666 cause in another anime, there's one guy which indirectly has 666 lives, meaning he has to be killed 666 times Didn't know it was satan's number though
There's NO anime like that, but there IS a visual novel with a guy with 666 beasts inside him.
Spitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 04:01   Link #422
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitze View Post
There's NO anime like that, but there IS a visual novel with a guy with 666 beasts inside him.
You do know that there is a Tsukihime anime and that Nero was featured in it, right?
Old 2008-07-27, 09:05   Link #423
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Ep 16 have its good point and bad point.

The good point of course, the fight scene are well animated and flow.. the BGM are excellent. We get a nice development for Shasha, what motivated her to plunge deeper, Malek's condition and Amanda's goal (somewhat) also the reintroduction of Herman (again and this time carrying a different flag in the conflict). And did I say the BGM is amazing? The BGM is amazing just to be sure

The bad point OTOH is it feels rush, and Herman waltzing tru didnt help either. There are no development for Joseph, his onscreen time is dedicated to Shasha's development instead (and a little cameo for Herman build up). And Herman still sux as a character

---
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-27, 09:25   Link #424
Spitze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
You do know that there is a Tsukihime anime and that Nero was featured in it, right?
Dark History, remember?
Spitze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 06:22   Link #425
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiNA View Post
Ep 16 have its good point and bad point.

The good point of course, the fight scene are well animated and flow.. the BGM are excellent. We get a nice development for Shasha, what motivated her to plunge deeper, Malek's condition and Amanda's goal (somewhat) also the reintroduction of Herman (again and this time carrying a different flag in the conflict). And did I say the BGM is amazing? The BGM is amazing just to be sure

The bad point OTOH is it feels rush, and Herman waltzing tru didnt help either. There are no development for Joseph, his onscreen time is dedicated to Shasha's development instead (and a little cameo for Herman build up). And Herman still sux as a character
I think that sums it right up. The fast pace is both its good and bad points. I still think it's great that there is no real filler in this show at all, and spirits remain dour and gloomy. Just right for this type of show.

And I think it's borderline hilarious that Hermann goes on a power surge like that. He's just a pretty quirky and touchy character and at least it might be more interesting than the previous Amalgam characters.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 06:59   Link #426
Mentar
Banned

Well... Hermann is as screwed now as can be. Becoming the very thing he hated, getting told from his last friend (Amanda) that he was being deceived... and once he gets to know that the one person he's projecting all his blame on actually not only wasn't the real enemy, but rather an ally...

I mean seriously, how much worse can it get?

I find it very difficult to predict which way he's gonna turn now.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 16:24   Link #427
Kaineo

Hermann looks kickass O_O

Doesn't anyone find the Triple Six being stolen thing convenient? I mean, his Amalgam form just looks hellish, and as posted earlier, 666 is the number of the devil...O_O
Kaineo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 17:15   Link #428
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

just a historical thing, but 666 being the mark of the devil is a misconception brought about by holywood and movies in general

back on topic though, i just marathoned all the current episodes, and im loving the show. though it does have a few weak points
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-28, 22:36   Link #429
Sunab0uzu

damn this is definitely one of the better series this season
Sunab0uzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 03:40   Link #430
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
just a historical thing, but 666 being the mark of the devil is a misconception brought about by holywood and movies in general
666 still represents a form of evil though, since it still traces back to the Roman Empire. It's like saying the swastika is an evil symbol of the Nazis. It does in some ways and doesn't in some other cultures.

That said, the Christian references seem pretty striaghtforward in Blassreiter, right down to the four horsemen (or shall we say, one horseman) of the apocalypse.
Old 2008-07-29, 12:46   Link #431
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Wow, just discovered this anime and I can watch it on youtube too. I just watched episode 1 and 2 and I really like this anime! Glad that I didn't miss this!
Old 2008-07-29, 21:21   Link #432
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitze View Post
My answer is below

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
Though both parties are right. The Tsukihime is a visual novel but it was made into an anime so there IS an anime like that

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 22:55   Link #433
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
666 still represents a form of evil though, since it still traces back to the Roman Empire. It's like saying the swastika is an evil symbol of the Nazis. It does in some ways and doesn't in some other cultures.

That said, the Christian references seem pretty striaghtforward in Blassreiter, right down to the four horsemen (or shall we say, one horseman) of the apocalypse.
Nope, 666 as the devil is only in the movies and hollywood. It wasn't until the mid 1900 when more and more movies started to do the rounds that it became enshrined as the sign of the devil, and it wasn't until the 70/80's that it became accepted by the church.

There's been a shed load of debate over the years over the original reading of the text that gives 666. There's several schools of thought ranging from 616, 615 and the more common one (with the most evidence to back it up) 777.

However the church has never officialy announced which is correct, prefering to keep the 666 for what ever reason the church does stuff.

But that's all moot hehe. The christian references are pretty blatant in this series i agree. Sometimes a little to much so i think.

Still a kick ass series though. Definatly one i'll be picking up when the DVD's are released.

Also, on the lives thing, been a while since i last watched it, but didn't herculese from Fate Stay Night have to be killed over and over and over again??
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 01:58   Link #434
haiz123321
Obey me world!

Going WAY off topic here
Heracles/Hercules only needed to be killed TWELVE times due to his Twelve Labors. Meaning he had 11 lives. Wherease Nero Chaos from Tsukihime had 666 beats residing in his body and each beast can be said to represent one life, not to mention that he's not like heracles where you can kill him 5 times first and kill seven times later. Meaning that to kill Nero, you had to kill him 666 times at once which is what Shiki did by cutting his death lines.

Long Live Lelouch! Waiting for Tales of the World:RM2 USA release
haiz123321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 04:39   Link #435
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Yeah, 666 is supposed to be 616 or something. Also, the number still represents the Roman emperors, so they still hold a meaning of evil and vanity. Not to mention that the interpretation of the Bible has changed quite a bit over the years and the 666 mark stuck for good. It's like with Halloween. It used to be a purely holy day for Christianity and look at them now, denouncing it as the devil's holiday. Even with Knights Templar, they used to be the epitome of Christian heroism. Now they're looked upon like Wiccan traitors or something.
Old 2008-07-30, 05:23   Link #436
Sunab0uzu

woah gonzo put this stuff onto youtube
Sunab0uzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 11:59   Link #437
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunab0uzu View Post
woah gonzo put this stuff onto youtube
News flash! XD

And wow...just when I thought that I won't be seeing this series anymore (after dropping it back at ep 2) I was somehow tempted into watching it and managed to speed watch up to ep 16. I feel like such a fool for letting this slip off my list :x

I am honesty surprised what a good job Gonzo has done with this series so far ^^

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:12   Link #438
Zeroedged

Okay I know this is off topic, but just because someone doesn't understand. 666 has been one of the numbers of the beast since the bible. The reason they use 666 instead of other ones like 616 or 665 is because 666 just sounds better in movies.

So I'm sorry but you're wrong Hollywood didn't make that number up. The Romans connected 666 with emperor Nero because his name in Hebrew or Arabic numbers (can't remember which) equaled 666. The first number of the beast was 666 then 616 and recently it's been going around as 665. Anyway the number of the beast doesn't even have to do with the devil it has to do with the Antichrist which are two different things.

And oh yeah 777 has never been the number of the beast 777 isn't even mentioned in the bible, and 777 has nothing to do with any word or number that has to do with 666, 616, or 665.
Zeroedged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:14   Link #439
TrueKnight

It's always good to see a new believer to the show. Like us Blassreiter fans had said previously that this show is one of the most underrated show of the season (at least in the west, because I heard Blassreiter is quite popular in Japan), despite the story is on par, if not better than most of the major shows this season.

One of many reasons this show fails to garner fans quick enough because of the complete CG turn-off in ep 01 and stigma of Gonzo.
TrueKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-31, 12:27   Link #440
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
News flash! XD

And wow...just when I thought that I won't be seeing this series anymore (after dropping it back at ep 2) I was somehow tempted into watching it and managed to speed watch up to ep 16. I feel like such a fool for letting this slip off my list :x

I am honesty surprised what a good job Gonzo has done with this series so far ^^
Good thing you finally surrender to the temptation I've piled on the msn

Somehow eh
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bost tv, gonzo, nitroplus, sci-fi