AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2017-11-06, 09:35   Link #1
snowfun87

An specific kind of relationships

I love romance anime, I love high school dramas, these kind of stuff. However, there's a trope (if you can call it that) that pisses me off. This is the constant denial of the feelings that gets depicted almost universally on these kind of shows. What I mean by this is the situations where when asked, a character will always deny his/her feelings or will be unexplainably troubled to the point of shutting him/herself down when confronted with their significant other.

While I find these kind of reactions kind of cute, they do annoy me so, I recur to this forum, again, to ask the membership to shine with suggestions.

Best!

https://forum.adguard.com

Last edited by snowfun87; 2019-04-23 at 04:16.
snowfun87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-06, 18:22   Link #2
AnimeFangirl

So you want a high school romance show where the characters don't deny their feelings? Is shoujo okay? If so, Peach Girl and Kimi ni Todoke come to mind.
Old 2017-11-07, 12:32   Link #3
Hujan
One Who Search The Truth

if you dont mind manga, and I dont know If you had read it before or not, but ...

Kyou no Yuiko-san
Aizawa-san Zoushoku
Kusumi-kun Yometemasu (although it is in denial, but it is in cute side, not annoying)
Hujan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-11-07, 18:32   Link #4
kitten320

White Album 2 - it's a love triangle but one of the girls goes straight for it and guy accepts.

While I hate SAO, the main couple wasn't running around for long. Went pretty much straight for it.

Kimi no Na wa is not a romance film but the moment two characters realise they are attracted to each other, there is no running away.

Ore Monogatari!! MC is convince that the girl likes his friend while the girl is obviously crushing on him without hiding. Luckily they hook up just several episodes into the series.

Zetsuen no Tempest - action series where a girl falls for a guy and is pretty open about it. Guy is reluctant at first cause he didn't get over his ex-girlfriends death but eventually everything works out without whole shyness and stuff.
Old 2017-11-08, 18:10   Link #5
cyberdemon

The main couple in Clannad are pretty good about that.
Old 2017-11-12, 14:47   Link #6
0cean
Transfer Adventurer

[2006] REC is a romance story straight to the point. So is [2007] Candy Boy if you don't mind both of them starting out in a relationship and both being girls. [2008] Yotsunoha, you guessed it, is the same. Now those three all are rather short, so there is no point in not getting to the point. Still, they're good anime I can recommend to anyone. But there are also longer ones that fit the description, like [2005] Shuffle, where it does take some time and a full cast of harem girls, but a decision is made and the only girls getting rejected are the ones the guy really doesn't want to be his girlfriend. There's also [2010] B Gata H Kei, which is kind of a strange case, since it's more focused on comedy, but the couple in there gets together remarkable quickly and the only times they are foiled is when it comes to sex.